Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-04-2008, 01:33 PM   #1
monymony3471
Finally got a chance to come back and crack this thing
Where did you find those set of ears?
My mamma Jamma is gonna hurt!

Mission Impossible II-Updated p.15 #212~ The last day of our mini surprise trip.

I’m pretty sure in the last trip report I wrote, or thought, that I’d never do a “surprise the kids” Disney trip again.

Guess what?

We are surprising them again 3 weeks from today.

Well, there is a wonderful, fabulous, 10 glorious days in Walt Disney World trip we are taking in December that they know about. I wanted so badly to have them plan with me.

We are oozing Disney over here. We play Disney I spy. Kind of a made up version we play over here pretending we are in Disney world, that Mal loves. She even added her own “special touch” to it. It goes like this: Pretend you are from New York: I sa-pie, with my little, eye-ya, something that is: a woa-la coasta wif a barn.

Did you guess Goofy’s Barnstormer? Cause you are right and you can come over and play with the 4 year old any time you like. I’m running out of ideas. But she doesn’t care. Beause every one of hers is Goofy Barnstormer.

Then we play Disney Scene It. 1st edition the boys already know all the clues by heart. So the 2nd edition is kind of a nice reprieve.
There is also Disney Trivia Pursuit that the adults have a very hard time with answering the adult questions, so we beg and plead with the boys to use the kid cards.

I shop, some, on the Disney website.

Tim and I have re-read the last Trip Report a few times. And I can’t help but look at the other trip pictures and videos. My favorite of all time is:

That's Mal on our last trip in Dec of 2006. Just love that video!

What’s cool is I can talk about Disney because they think I’m talking about the December trip.

Why would we go to Disney when there’s this wonderful trip being planned in December?

Cause I read to many of Nebo’s trip reports?

Maybe.

I really want to be a part of free dinning. And if I’m going to spend my money for any kind of family fun, I’d rather spend it at WDW. Call it whatever you want, that’s just how it is for us right now.

Before June I was itching to go for just a weekend. I wanted to go again during Star Wars Weekends. I think the boys would just love it all over again. Tim thought I was crazy to want to go for just a weekend. Drive down with 4 kids from Michigan, spend 2 nights and drive back home. He just wouldn’t go for it. But I planted the seed.

I know because he’d check airfare, daily. And he'd tell me what the current fares were. I asked him, what is airfare like during August or September during free dining? (wink wink) It wasn’t bad, but not low enough for a few days. So, we were really thinking about driving down. See how that works?

Then I found this one website that brings up all the online travel companies and we found round trip flights out of Detroit nonstop of 136.00 per person through Spirit. That would be cheaper than the cost of gas if we drove! We will leave butt crack early in the morning and come home butt crack late at night. So, we are not really losing any days for traveling. It also was for the last week of August right before the kids go back to school? Take it! He said.

And I did. And Disney had 2 rooms with free dining booked with our names on it at All-Star Sports. Never stayed there before, but Nebo has, can’t be that bad right?

We went with 2 single park days with the water parks and more option added because we want to do Typhoon Lagoon and Disney Quest.

I asked the boys what their 2 favorite parks are and they really surprised me. They each said in order, Magic Kingdom first and Animal Kingdom second. My boys? Agreeing on something? Must be that Disney magic.

So, August 25-28 we have 2 rooms for our family of 6, with the free dining plan in the middle of the sweatiest time of year. Should make our December trip that much more enjoyable.

What’s extra special about this trip is my oldest daughter will be turning 4 there on the 27th. I think this will be her best birthday yet? Ya think?

So here’s the family: (pictures used from the December 2006 trip)

I’m Monica (37) married to a wonderful husband and father Tim (46).

Some of you know Tim was diagnosed with kidney cancer this June. He had his kidney removed June 27th. He’s recovering fine. The oncologist thinks there might be a spot on one of his ribs. So, he’s seeing more Dr.'s to figure out if there's more and what to do.
Our kids: Matt (11 but will turn 12 in November)

Zack turns 10 on Aug 10th Double digits baby!

Mal turns 4 on August 27th

And Maddy turns 1 on August 13th.

Yes November is a busy month for us.

So welcome to my little pre-trippie. I'll fill you in as I can and hope you enjoy our little disney obsession.

And if the TR Gods let me, I can put my december Tr into this one as well.

Works for some people around here who knows.

Last edited by monymony3471; 02-20-2009 at 01:31 PM.
Old 08-04-2008, 01:57 PM   #2
LMO429
DIS Veteran

I'm Here! Looking forward to reading some MORE!!!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-04-2008, 02:35 PM   #3
babynurse1
Atticus Finch Is My Hero
Anybody who knows me, knows that sharing a Diet Coke is a big dot deal

Hi Monica. I hope you guys have an awesome vacation.
Old 08-04-2008, 03:02 PM   #4
punkin413
feel the magic, dang it!

yay....you've started a pre-trippie! so cool that you're surprising the kids again. i can't believe that maddy will be 1 next week!!!! seems like you just had her. she's such a cutie! oh, and i didn't know about tim's possible spot on his ribs. i may have missed that over on the peeps thread. i will keep you guys in my prayers!!!

definitely do a pre-TR/TR for your december trip because i will hopefully make a cameo on it!
Old 08-04-2008, 03:05 PM   #5
UtahMama
Wakey, wakey, Eggs and Bakey

Diet Cherry PEPSI Queen
I speak toddler
What in the Sam Hill is going on around here?

Yayyyy! A Pre Trip!

May I join?

I remember Mal being that little!

Lookin' GOOD skinnie-mama!
Old 08-04-2008, 04:53 PM   #6
Wonders10
DIS Veteran

Hi Monica....sounds like a fun trip! I'm crossing my fingers and toes to make a weekend trip in October so I can FINALLY go to MNSSHP.

I can't wait to hear how the kids react to the surprise. What ADRs do you all have?

Keeping you in my thoughts that everything goes with the spot on Tim's rib. And that he continues recovering so well from the surgery.
Old 08-04-2008, 06:16 PM   #7
WheatThins
DIS Veteran

Great report. Thanks for sharing.

Wheat Thins
Old 08-04-2008, 07:44 PM   #8
lalijack
Will work for tags
Too bad there isn't a place to study the Tag Fairies in their natural habitat, eh?

If ever a family deserved a double dose of Disney, it's the Monymony's! I hope you guys have TWO fantastic vacations!

Me DH DS14 DD12
Old 08-04-2008, 08:05 PM   #9
javamom
Rumored Avatar Fairy
Wooo hoooty it's been fun!

Location: Probably pouring over a park map, planning someone else's trip for them!

WTG, Mony, get away and try to have some fun!
Old 08-04-2008, 08:19 PM   #10
MomofCKJ
I just lost steam at about 5 minutes
Wants to really smell the roses
I will not eat the second end of the hot dog

Sign me up! We did a suprise trip before, so much fun! I'll be down there the 21st-26th!

Allyson
Old 08-05-2008, 08:05 AM   #11
myrsfmly
DIS Veteran

Monica,

Congrats on the trip and good luck with the surprise
(I've never been able to pull that one off)

We'll be down there at the same time

Your kids are adorable... 1 of my DDs is a Leo too

Old 08-05-2008, 08:11 AM   #12
monymony3471

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMO429 View Post
I'm Here! Looking forward to reading some MORE!!!
Wonderful! And you are first. You win the biggest stuffed animal in my house.

Quote:
Originally Posted by babynurse1 View Post
Hi Monica. I hope you guys have an awesome vacation.
Thanks BBN. I'm hoping it turns out that way as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkin413 View Post
yay....you've started a pre-trippie! so cool that you're surprising the kids again. i can't believe that maddy will be 1 next week!!!! seems like you just had her. she's such a cutie! oh, and i didn't know about tim's possible spot on his ribs. i may have missed that over on the peeps thread. i will keep you guys in my prayers!!!

definitely do a pre-TR/TR for your december trip because i will hopefully make a cameo on it!
My photopass sharing partner. Well one of them at least. Thanks for the prayers. We appreciate them all. I do hope to see you in December.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahMama View Post
Yayyyy! A Pre Trip!

May I join?

I remember Mal being that little!

Lookin' GOOD skinnie-mama!
What would a TR be without you? Of course you may join, I wouldn't want it any other way. Don't you have a gym to get to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonders10 View Post
Hi Monica....sounds like a fun trip! I'm crossing my fingers and toes to make a weekend trip in October so I can FINALLY go to MNSSHP.

I can't wait to hear how the kids react to the surprise. What ADRs do you all have?

Keeping you in my thoughts that everything goes with the spot on Tim's rib. And that he continues recovering so well from the surgery.
We are eating at The Plaza in MK, The Wave at the Contemporary, and Cape May for Charachter Breakfast. All firsts for us. I'll explain more about these in a future installment. Again, thanks for your prayers too. It amazes me how many people all over the place are keeping Tim in their thoughts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheatThins View Post
Great report. Thanks for sharing.

Wheat Thins
You are just oozing niceness. Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalijack View Post
If ever a family deserved a double dose of Disney, it's the Monymony's! I hope you guys have TWO fantastic vacations!

I know 2! I never would have thought in a million years that we'd go twice in the same year. I can't stand it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by javamom View Post
WTG, Mony, get away and try to have some fun!
I don't think we will have to try too hard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomofCKJ View Post
Sign me up! We did a suprise trip before, so much fun! I'll be down there the 21st-26th!

Allyson
The 25th we'll be in MK. We are a family of 6 with a Royal Carriage Double Stroller. You can't miss us!

Wow, thanks everyone for reading.
Old 08-05-2008, 08:36 AM   #13
monymony3471

Quote:
Originally Posted by myrsfmly View Post
Monica,

Congrats on the trip and good luck with the surprise
(I've never been able to pull that one off)

We'll be down there at the same time

Your kids are adorable... 1 of my DDs is a Leo too
You slipped in while I was quoting.

When we surprised them last time they didn't believe us. When it finally sunk in Zack's legs and hands started shaking.

Me and Leo's have a hard time getting along. My sister is a Leo (enough said) and I have 2 of em. Makes our days pretty interesting.

Welcome aboard!
Old 08-05-2008, 09:34 AM   #14
DisneyLaura
A Dream is A Wish Your Heart Makes

Monica - yeah a peep preTR to read. Tim and your family is always in my prayers. I remember that video of Mal singing, it's so cute. She's all eating and then all of sudden ---- breaks out in a song, she's too cute. Yeah you're surprising them, I wish I could do that I think my boys would love that but I have such a big mouth I can't keep it in. We're not going until Nov 2009 and I tell them what we're going to do there.

Old 08-05-2008, 10:39 AM   #15
celerystalker
Look! I'm yankeepenny!
I can't do without air!
I seriously have a Disney addiction

Woo hoo! It's so cool that you get to talk to the kids about it cuz they think you're talking about december! surprise them and have fun planning!

Pssst! Punkin! Still love your hair! I haven't been on the peeps thread in awhile, so I just now saw your new signature pics.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: