Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-28-2008, 11:39 PM   #31
anewmac
Ive got nothing planned whats an OCVP to do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
So now, we sit back and wait. Nothing has to be done cruise related for at least a few weeks. But, I'll find something to do. Like, maybe, work.

WORK,... why... is that what we are supposed to be doing while we are waiting for our cruise to come up... hmmm been going about this all wrong then!

Glad you got everything at the exact time.. more or less you wanted
Old 07-30-2008, 02:16 PM   #32
Mozart
There's one in every crowd...and it's usually me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gecko1 View Post
Mozart that hurts... having me in Palo at the same time would ruin your cruise and here I thought I might have found someone to have a few cold ones with.

Glad you got connected, even though the chance of not getting the slots we wanted was pretty slim; I know the frustration of things hitting the fan at the last second.
I do look forward to a couple of cold ones, particularly on Saturday. I'll need someone to watch the Clemson game with me that day (we're playing Florida State on the day we get onboard!)

And it's not so much that I didn't want you in Palo at the same time. It's that I didn't want you to get my Palo's time. I'm selfish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anc22 View Post
Congrats on getting everything you wanted

I would have freaked out if my internet/computer did that right @ midnight, like it isn't already ridiculously stressful enough
Yes, but a couple of frosty drinks sure do make it feel less stressful. I really wasn't that bad about it, just couldn't believe that it would happen to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink rules View Post
You mean you didn't blow up the computer at Midnight like we did?????

Congrats on getting what you want... have you informed Corrina you are coming??? Or was that Coralia??? (I get confused...)
Once again...Corrina is on the Magic, Coralia is on the Wonder. Was it Corrina who served you? I need to know who to ask for when we get there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anewmac View Post
WORK,... why... is that what we are supposed to be doing while we are waiting for our cruise to come up... hmmm been going about this all wrong then!
If you're not really working, then maybe you're going about it all right.
Magic 7 Night Eastern - 11/08 - Life Stinks Season 3
Wonder 3 Night - 04/10 - Life Stinks Season 4
10th Anniversary at Victoria and Albert's

Mozart is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-30-2008, 02:25 PM   #33
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!

Ask for Cecelia or Sasha...

They are both WONDERFUL!!!!

This is Cecelia (here with my friend Sukie) and all of the wonderful Vegetarian selections she brought for him (definately made his trip!!!)

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008
Tink rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 03:06 PM   #34
Mozart

So, who should I say sent me? Would it be Planky or Michelle?

I'm not sure that either one of those is going to get me a great reception.

Old 07-31-2008, 10:59 PM   #35
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!

Just tell her that everyone on the WB Repo thought she was FANTASTIC!!!

Oh.. don't worry... she IS fantastic!!!

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008
Old 08-09-2008, 10:02 AM   #36
Mozart

Episode 4: The Surprise

You know how I mentioned that we were getting the Romance Escape at Sea package on this cruise? Hereís a little secret of mineÖ.DW doesnít know about that. She is a little confused about something and keeps asking me why the price of our cruise went up about $350 from where she thought we originally booked it. I actually blamed it on the fuel surcharge. I left out the part about them not applying to cruises already booked. I also left out the part about them being $112 per cabin instead of $350. Sheís not totally buying it though. This past weekend she asked me what something was for that she saw on my computer. I had the rough draft of this entry up, and she noticed that the title of this episode is ďThe Surprise.Ē That was all she saw, but it ended in a line of questioning about what the surprise was. Donít ask me how I fasttalked my way out of that one. I thought I was busted 3 months before the cruise.

And then thereís the timeline on the Paloís bookings. Fortunately for me, she doesnít frequent these boards, and leaves all the planning up to me. Sheís unaware of the difference in booking at 105 days or 90 days or 75 days. But she did question me about when concierge guests get to book as opposed to us. It would only make sense for them to get early booking, she said. I just played dumb and said that I donít know when they book. For the most part though, she just wants to sit down and book her Paloís and spa reservations as soon as the bookings open so that she gets exactly what she wants.

Isnít that what these cruises are all about, anyway? Getting exactly what she wants. Notice I didnít say exactly what I want. Iíve been married 11 years. I know the routine by now.

Old 08-09-2008, 11:22 AM   #37
anewmac

Quote:
Isnít that what these cruises are all about, anyway? Getting exactly what she wants. Notice I didnít say exactly what I want. Iíve been married 11 years. I know the routine by now.
SMART MAN!

So how are you going to pull off letting her book the spa stuff she wants without seeing the rest of the cruise info? Cant to hear how she likes her surpirze though. How sweet and romantic
Old 08-11-2008, 08:55 AM   #38
Mozart

Quote:
Originally Posted by anewmac View Post
SMART MAN!

So how are you going to pull off letting her book the spa stuff she wants without seeing the rest of the cruise info? Cant to hear how she likes her surpirze though. How sweet and romantic
Oh, she knows that its all been booked. She just doesn't realize that we actually booked everything 15 days earlier than everybody else. Besides, her extent of websurfing is checking her e-mail and ebay. She wouldn't know how to get to our reservations no matter how bad she wanted to.

As for the romance...how's your weekend been?

Old 08-11-2008, 01:12 PM   #39
Tink rules

Mine was very nice... thank you for asking...

Old 08-11-2008, 01:52 PM   #40
anewmac

haha its been very nice. The boys have not bugged me once and gone straight to him for everything..... ahhh. thanks for asking
Old 08-13-2008, 05:16 PM   #41
Mozart

Well, I certainly can't claim to get the kind of deals that Erica gets on formal night dresses, but I'm pretty happy with this one. I picked up that new digital camera I mentioned I was going to need.

I got a Kodak Easyshare 10.1 mp camera with 12x optical zoom and 5x digital zoom. Don't ask me what that means, I just know that it takes better pictures than my old camera did. And the LCD screen on this one actually works.

As for the deal, well it was selling at Best Buy for $299, but by the time I got out of the store, I had talked the salesman into selling it to me for $229. I know, I know. You can't bargain at those types of places.

I say you can bargain anywhere, when given an angle to do so. And the sales rep screwed up and gave me an angle to bargain with him. He mentioned that they would match anyone's online prices. "Anyone?" I said. After getting the details on exactly what websites that meant, I informed him that I had seen that same camera as a buy it now on ebay for $230. After debating with him whether this qualified or not, he called his manager over, who quickly went back to read the rules regarding whose prices they'll match. After about 5 minutes, the manager came back and said "Give them the buy it now price."

And my wife said they wouldn't bargain.

Old 08-13-2008, 09:23 PM   #42
anewmac

Quote:

And my wife said they wouldn't bargain.
SCORE! Sweet deal! Note to sell check out ebay before going to Best Buy! Thanks!
Old 08-14-2008, 03:18 PM   #43
anc22
DIS Veteran

Who would have thunk it? Bargaining at Best Buy? Thats great practice for your upcoming port stops
Old 08-14-2008, 04:23 PM   #44
chepic
I tear up whenever I hear "Welcome Home." Some people say I have "issues."

I just want to peep in here quickly and say I think your wife is great....I would have given my husband a similar ultimatium....but I would have said, you want the cruise and the car, get a second job

And I would think that what you are doing behind her back is wonderful and loving....yes I said that about you.

Cheryl
Old 08-16-2008, 11:40 AM   #45
Mozart

Quote:
Originally Posted by chepic View Post
I just want to peep in here quickly and say I think your wife is great....I would have given my husband a similar ultimatium....but I would have said, you want the cruise and the car, get a second job
Not funny. She threatened me with that one time when she got a credit card bill of mine one time.

Quote:

And I would think that what you are doing behind her back is wonderful and loving....yes I said that about you.

Cheryl
My other problem is that I'm terrible at keeping secrets. I'm the type who wants to exchange Christmas gifts on the Friday after Thanksgiving. And here I've got 3 months to go before the cruise to keep this one hidden.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: