Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-22-2008, 07:33 PM   #16
Renysmom
Just wondering what is going on
Something has to pay for my WDW trips LOL

Mozart - Explain to the DW that you have now committed to your legend of fans a new trip report and you can't possibly let us down.

Think that will work?

WDW Oct 2005--WDW Dec 2006-- WDW Dec 2007--WDW/Wonder Cruise Oct 2008--WDW March 2009--WDW July 2009--WDW Oct 2009 -- Magic Western Cruise Nov 2009--WDW Dec 2009--WDW Aug 2010--WDW/Wonder Cruise Dec 2010--WDW April 2011--WDW Aug 2011--WDW/Dream Oct 2011--WDW Dec 2011--WDW April 2012--Fantasy Eastern Oct 2012-- WDW May 2013 -- Fantasy Western Sept 2014
Renysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 10:53 PM   #17
anewmac
Ive got nothing planned whats an OCVP to do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renysmom View Post
Mozart - Explain to the DW that you have now committed to your legend of fans a new trip report and you can't possibly let us down.

Think that will work?
OH I agree with the above poster... you could always look at getting this..

or if its a short commute.. what about this...

now excuse me while I go fill up my gas guzling suv...

keep us posted on the outcome ill be keeping my fingers crossed for ya (insert smiley with fingers crossed they really need one of those cuz well the pixie dust is just so manly LOL )
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-23-2008, 02:16 PM   #18
Mozart
There's one in every crowd...and it's usually me

Quote:
Originally Posted by PigletsPal2 View Post
Does it have to be a NEW car? You could research for a "previously-owned" economical car (van? SUV?) w/Carmax or something like it. Then you could have your cake (cruise) and eat it too! Good luck!

Colleen
We're actually looking at a Honda Fit. The amazing thing about them is that you can buy one brand new and fully loaded for 16,500, but can't get a used one for less than 19,000. I can't figure that one out. Guy at the dealership told me that it's because they have a 6 month backorder on the new ones, and everyone is just giving up, buying used, and paying a premium.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renysmom View Post

Think that will work?
Nope. She doesn't get the trip report thing. I actually have gotten addicted to making trip diaries for all of our trips. She didn't understand why I took so many notes on our trip to her grandmother's a few months ago. As if she didn't already know this...she thinks I'm a little off my rocker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anewmac View Post
OH I agree with the above poster... you could always look at getting this..

or if its a short commute.. what about this...

now excuse me while I go fill up my gas guzling suv...

keep us posted on the outcome ill be keeping my fingers crossed for ya (insert smiley with fingers crossed they really need one of those cuz well the pixie dust is just so manly LOL )
I don't think that bike will work too well on my 25 mile trip each way to work every day. Can't take the moped because it's all interstate and I can't drive them there. As my wife likes to tell me so often: "Nice try, though."

In good news, it looks like the cruise is safe. Either way we go with the car, we've got a financial commitment, so I talked her into keeping the cruise as a reward. It's gonna cost us $2,100 to repair a car worth $1,300 or we can buy a new car and wait for 6 months for it to get here.

Got a feeling I'm keeping the clunker. Just after getting all the credit cards paid off, too. Looks like my wife isn't getting those plantation shutters quite yet, though.
Magic 7 Night Eastern - 11/08 - Life Stinks Season 3
Wonder 3 Night - 04/10 - Life Stinks Season 4
10th Anniversary at Victoria and Albert's

Mozart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 03:15 PM   #19
PigletsPal2
Queen of the Realm

Smile

As much as I'd love plantation shutters...gotta go w/the cruise! Maybe you could take some pix of plantation shutters on some random building on one of your shore excursions - yeah, that'll do it!

Colleen
PigletsPal2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 12:23 AM   #20
Mozart

Quote:
Originally Posted by PigletsPal2 View Post
As much as I'd love plantation shutters...gotta go w/the cruise! Maybe you could take some pix of plantation shutters on some random building on one of your shore excursions - yeah, that'll do it!

Colleen
I don't think that would work too well unless we posted all the pictures up on our walls inside our house to try and convince her they are real.

Less than 24 hours until I can book Palo's, etc... I feel like a prizefighter who's been training for a big fight for 6 months, and knowing that it's all going to finally get here soon. Less than one day until I know whether or not all our preparations are going to be perfect, or will we have to start over again? Need a little Disney magic right now that it all works out:

Old 07-25-2008, 10:44 AM   #21
Gecko1
Gecko1, DW, DD13, DS11

Mozart, I just talked to DCL. They have pushed back the booking window for our cruise.
You will need to log on during "business hours", not midnight as usual. I think it only applies to people in South Carolina. So, I will book the night before, then you book in the morning (if anything is left).

See you in November!

08NOV08 7 Night Disney Magic - Hurricane Paloma Reroute Cruise

Gecko1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 12:44 PM   #22
Mozart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gecko1 View Post
Mozart, I just talked to DCL. They have pushed back the booking window for our cruise.
You will need to log on during "business hours", not midnight as usual. I think it only applies to people in South Carolina. So, I will book the night before, then you book in the morning (if anything is left).

See you in November!
Well, that's fair I guess. Maybe I should help you out though. I can make sure that none of our plans interfere with one another. Just give me your reservation number and birthday and I'll go in on Saturday morning and confirm we aren't crossing each other up.

Old 07-25-2008, 07:53 PM   #23
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!

I'm in... so what have I missed????

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008
Tink rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 09:29 PM   #24
Mozart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink rules View Post
I'm in... so what have I missed????
You and Matt still haven't finished your TR's from the Westbound repo.
Joel and Erica are MIA as well.
Dreamfinder and TCD's reports always seem to come back from the dead.
Arin's husband doesn't understand her fascination with the DIS.
Every single person on a Mexican Riviera cruise is writing a TR.
And my cruise almost got cancelled but didn't.

That help?

Old 07-26-2008, 12:15 AM   #25
anc22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mozart View Post

That help?
Well..........that about sums it up
Old 07-26-2008, 01:27 AM   #26
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mozart View Post

That help?
Why yes... thank you...

And I'll tell the little Plankman to get his furry little butt in gear just for you!!!

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008
Old 07-28-2008, 08:12 AM   #27
Mozart

Episode 3: Booking Online

Okay, all I've heard about for the past few months when it comes to Disney's reservation system is how many problems everyone has had with booking Palo's, excursions, etc... 12:00 is coming up soon, so I begin to psyche myself up. Computer...check. Disney music playing in the background...check. Large frosty beverage at my side...check. Internet connection...ummmm...why is my modem not blinking?

Have you ever noticed that on TV when something isn't working, they simply reach over and hit it and it suddenly starts up? Now, have you ever tried that in real life and noticed that it doesn't work? It's past 12:00 and I'm beating Charter Cable's modem to a bloody pulp. Then, the lights start to blink. I need 5 lights to have an internet connection. 2 lights...3 lights...4 lights...CRAP...back down to 2...3...4...5 for just an instant...4...3..4...finally, after about 5 minutes of watching these little Christmas light wannabe's, they finally seem to stick with all 5 lights on. Now, I just have to wait for my computer to reconnect. You know the message. "WIRELESS NETWORK IS NOW CONNECTING." COME ON! Finally! Time to start clicking away!

Now, granted, I wasn't that worried about getting shut out of what we wanted. After all, we're doing the Romance Escape at Sea package, and are booking 105 days out when the only other people booking are concierge guests. However, there's always a piece of me that says "What if..."

You see, we've planned this cruise out very carefully with regards to excursions, spa treatment times, Palo's, etc. A single time I can't get could cause a chain reaction of monumental proportions. I also knew from our cruise meets thread that at least two other people would be awake at midnight making their reservations. I tried to convince them that bookings wouldn't open until 3 AM, but don't think they bought it. I could just see them grabbing that exact Palo's timeslot that we want. Then our vacation would be ruined. (Doesn't it feel like something little like that could truly ruin your vacation when you're caught up in the middle of it?)

Here's what happened:

We got exactly what we wanted for all 3 Palo's reservations, DW's massage, pedicure and the 12 Metre Regatta. My massage we had to move from 3:30 to 5:00 one day, no big deal. But DW wanted a manicure right before we went to Palo's on Wednesday night. Unfortunately the only way we could do that was to reboard the ship from St. Thomas early. Since we're not sure how much time we'll spend shopping, we didn't want to commit to that. So we moved it to an at sea day. She'll live.

So now, we sit back and wait. Nothing has to be done cruise related for at least a few weeks. But, I'll find something to do. Like, maybe, work.

Old 07-28-2008, 08:25 AM   #28
Gecko1
Gecko1, DW, DD13, DS11

Mozart that hurts... having me in Palo at the same time would ruin your cruise and here I thought I might have found someone to have a few cold ones with.

Glad you got connected, even though the chance of not getting the slots we wanted was pretty slim; I know the frustration of things hitting the fan at the last second.

08NOV08 7 Night Disney Magic - Hurricane Paloma Reroute Cruise

Last edited by Gecko1; 07-28-2008 at 12:54 PM.
Gecko1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 12:30 PM   #29
anc22
DIS Veteran

Congrats on getting everything you wanted

I would have freaked out if my internet/computer did that right @ midnight, like it isn't already ridiculously stressful enough
Old 07-28-2008, 09:02 PM   #30
Tink rules

You mean you didn't blow up the computer at Midnight like we did?????

Congrats on getting what you want... have you informed Corrina you are coming??? Or was that Coralia??? (I get confused...)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: