Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-19-2008, 12:30 PM   #736
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

It really doesn't make much difference. It doesn't really matter how, or what airline, you arrive at MCO with. When you get to the DME checkin counter, they will ask about your return home transportation. It might be a good idea to clear up any mistakes at that point. That way everyone will know who is going where, at what time, and via what airline.

goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 07:27 AM   #737
Vjale
Mouseketeer

Okay, great, thanks a lot.
Vjale is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-21-2008, 02:08 PM   #738
krdindy
Disney Lover

Magical Express and lame travel agent

My husband's company booked our Disney resort reservation at the Poly for us as part of a rewards program. When we inquired about getting Magical Express, the travel agent told us they "can't" book it. I tried to call Disney myself to add it on (as I have done on previous trips), and was told that because my reservation was booked through a travel agent, they were the only ones who could add Magical Express. Any suggestions for getting around this and getting Magical Express added onto my reservation? The travel agent absolutely refuses to help us. Am I stuck with getting a towncar? If so, can I get the towncar for the trip to the resort, and arrange for Magical Express for my return once I'm at the resort? Sorry for the long post. Any suggestions would be appreciated!!!
krdindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 03:05 PM   #739
clkelley
I squealed really loud!!
I got one on my camper too

Quote:
Originally Posted by krdindy View Post
My husband's company booked our Disney resort reservation at the Poly for us as part of a rewards program. When we inquired about getting Magical Express, the travel agent told us they "can't" book it. I tried to call Disney myself to add it on (as I have done on previous trips), and was told that because my reservation was booked through a travel agent, they were the only ones who could add Magical Express. Any suggestions for getting around this and getting Magical Express added onto my reservation? The travel agent absolutely refuses to help us. Am I stuck with getting a towncar? If so, can I get the towncar for the trip to the resort, and arrange for Magical Express for my return once I'm at the resort? Sorry for the long post. Any suggestions would be appreciated!!!
Your travel agent is supposed to be able to book it. If they refuse to help, wait until within 60 days of your trip, then call DME directly. Quite honestly, I would just play dumb and pretend that you are calling to confirm everything is OK. Then DME can "see" your reservation and add you to their system.

Yes, if you can't get DME booked for the arrival, you most definitely can book it for the return when you arrive at your resort. You can also go down to the Mears desk on B side after grabbing your luggage, and book a Mears transfer. It is likely they will transport you on a DME bus. You just loose the luggage feature.
clkelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 03:41 PM   #740
krdindy
Disney Lover

Thanks for the tip! I'll try to call DME myself.
Old 07-21-2008, 05:31 PM   #741
goofy4tink
Likes little devils

DISboards Moderator

Okay, color me stupid, but why won't the TA help you? Can either of you (dh or you) call them (TA) and tell them that you have tried to add DME yourself but Disney told you to have the TA do it? That yes, you are entitled to it, but the TA has to add it.
Otherwise, you may have to wait and try to get DME to do it directly, closer to the trip.

Old 07-21-2008, 05:51 PM   #742
krdindy
Disney Lover

We've called them (TA) several times over the past month, and they keep telling us it's a service they don't offer. We've told them all they have to do is call Disney and give them our flight numbers, but they say they can't provide that service. We've also told them we can't add DME ourselves, but they don't seem to care. Our trip is less than 6 weeks away, so hopefully DME can add it for us. I hate to pay for a towncar, if we can ride DME for free. Our kids like the bus trip/movie, and will really miss it if we can't book it.
Old 07-21-2008, 07:12 PM   #743
goofy4tink
Likes little devils

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
We've called them (TA) several times over the past month, and they keep telling us it's a service they don't offer. We've told them all they have to do is call Disney and give them our flight numbers, but they say they can't provide that service. We've also told them we can't add DME ourselves, but they don't seem to care. Our trip is less than 6 weeks away, so hopefully DME can add it for us. I hate to pay for a towncar, if we can ride DME for free. Our kids like the bus trip/movie, and will really miss it if we can't book it.

Well, that just plain..oh, never mind..you get my drift. It's disheartening to hear of this type mentality. I love it...they don't provide that service. It's not as if you wanted 'them' to drive you to the resort. Hopefully, you'll get it worked out directly through DME. Let us know.

Old 07-21-2008, 07:20 PM   #744
kimbo0569
DIS Veteran

luggage question

I'm using the DME for the first time in September for our trip and really love the idea of not having to worry about our luggage until we arrive in our room. I just booked our airfare and the DME this past Friday and I'm waiting for our luggage tags.

We are arriving in Orlando on JetBlue at 10am (roundabout). Has anyone ever had a problem with not getting their luggage once they arrive at their resort?
And about how much time should it take for our bags to get to our room, once we've arrived?

Thanks for your help.

CBR - 1992/1993/1995/1997
1999 - GF - honeymoon
2000 -daytrip Epcot- F&W Festival 2001 POFQ 2003 -oldest dd's first day trip to MK/ dinner at OHana
2004 POR
2008 POR http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1996562My first TR!
2013 CSR/Food & Wine Anniversary trip
kimbo0569 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 07:27 PM   #745
goofy4tink
Likes little devils

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimbo0569 View Post
I'm using the DME for the first time in September for our trip and really love the idea of not having to worry about our luggage until we arrive in our room. I just booked our airfare and the DME this past Friday and I'm waiting for our luggage tags.

We are arriving in Orlando on JetBlue at 10am (roundabout). Has anyone ever had a problem with not getting their luggage once they arrive at their resort?
And about how much time should it take for our bags to get to our room, once we've arrived?

Thanks for your help.
When you get your DME info packet you will see that they tell you to expect your luggage in your resort room within up to three hours after checking in at the resort.
I always, as does DME, recommend that you pack a carryon bag with anything you may need for the start of your vacation. I always pack a change of clothes, swimsuit and sunscreen. As well as all my paperwork, passes..that type thing. Sometimes an airline can misdirect a piece of luggage. If that happens, you'll have something clean to wear and don't have to worry about being held up at the start of your trip.

If you arrive at MCO at 10:00, you should be at your resort by 11:00-11:15. Your bags 'should' get to the room by 2-3pm as long as the room is ready.

Old 07-21-2008, 07:30 PM   #746
krdindy
Disney Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4tink View Post
Well, that just plain..oh, never mind..you get my drift. It's disheartening to hear of this type mentality. I love it...they don't provide that service. It's not as if you wanted 'them' to drive you to the resort. Hopefully, you'll get it worked out directly through DME. Let us know.
Thanks for understanding! I'll let you know what I find out from DME!
Old 07-21-2008, 07:42 PM   #747
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Quote:
Thanks for understanding! I'll let you know what I find out from DME!
Do not even want to think they will not be willing to help in this case! You are a Disney guest and therefore entitled to use DME - it's not your fault the TA wil not take care of it..the TA clearly never books Disney and has no idea how unfair it is to you. Or the TA is a jerk

Fingers crossed that it works out easily once you call DME - how about requesting to speak with a manager at the travel agency? Every TA has a manager..and if this is a corporate travel agency, the manager would not be happy to hear of this lack of customer service!

Do keep us posted, please? Sending lots of good wishes

Minnie&Nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 08:19 PM   #748
kimbo0569
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4tink View Post
When you get your DME info packet you will see that they tell you to expect your luggage in your resort room within up to three hours after checking in at the resort.
I always, as does DME, recommend that you pack a carryon bag with anything you may need for the start of your vacation. I always pack a change of clothes, swimsuit and sunscreen. As well as all my paperwork, passes..that type thing. Sometimes an airline can misdirect a piece of luggage. If that happens, you'll have something clean to wear and don't have to worry about being held up at the start of your trip.

If you arrive at MCO at 10:00, you should be at your resort by 11:00-11:15. Your bags 'should' get to the room by 2-3pm as long as the room is ready.
Thank you, Diane!

CBR - 1992/1993/1995/1997
1999 - GF - honeymoon
2000 -daytrip Epcot- F&W Festival 2001 POFQ 2003 -oldest dd's first day trip to MK/ dinner at OHana
2004 POR
2008 POR http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1996562My first TR!
2013 CSR/Food & Wine Anniversary trip
kimbo0569 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 08:17 AM   #749
krdindy
Disney Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie&Nana View Post
Do not even want to think they will not be willing to help in this case! You are a Disney guest and therefore entitled to use DME - it's not your fault the TA wil not take care of it..the TA clearly never books Disney and has no idea how unfair it is to you. Or the TA is a jerk

Fingers crossed that it works out easily once you call DME - how about requesting to speak with a manager at the travel agency? Every TA has a manager..and if this is a corporate travel agency, the manager would not be happy to hear of this lack of customer service!

Do keep us posted, please? Sending lots of good wishes

Thanks for all of the good tips. Unfortunately we are "not allowed" to speak directly with the travel agent. We have to go through the rewards company that my husband's company has hired to run its rewards program. We don't even know the name of the travel agency. We booked a Disney trip 3 years ago through the same rewards company, but apparently with a different TA, because it was a piece of cake that year. The company paid for our room/flights, and we had to fight this year to get the TA to allow us to pay out of pocket to add our tickets/dining plan to make it a package. I think we got that straightened out last week, after a month of phone calls!

Anyway, update on DME! I called DME directly (thanks for the suggestion). The CM was very nice and gave me a Disney website to go to and make my DME reservation. It was so easy (almost too easy, after what we've been through). I was emailed a confirmation and everything! Thanks so much for everyone's help!
Old 07-22-2008, 08:23 AM   #750
jeankeri
I threw cartons of milk at yuppies but don't tell anyone! What gets talked about on the DIS, stays on the DIS!

krdindy- Great news!! Enjoy your DME!!
Me, DS 18, DS 17 'the furbabies'
jeankeri is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: