Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2008, 04:12 PM   #2371
Marc A.

DIS Veteran

And which longhouses have balconies on the 2nd and 3rd floors?

CR 1976,CBR SEPT. 03,ASMo MAY 05, CR OCT 07, DCL JUNE 08, POLY NOV 08 , AKV MAR 09 , Hilton Grand VC, SEPT. 09 , AKV OCT. 10 , DCL OCT. 10 , BLT OCT. 10 , BLT Jan. 11 , AKV AUG 11 , Pop May 12 , BLT Nov 12 , AKV Jan 13 , DCL Jan 13
Old 07-10-2008, 04:15 PM   #2372
momatater
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbeml View Post
Thanks! I hope your son enjoys his surprise!
You're welcome! And thanks, I know my son will flip out. (He's loves monorails and they are delivering chocolate one) Disney is so magical!!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-10-2008, 04:17 PM   #2373
barbeml
Has lots of magic to share with others!
Is Test Track Ever NOT Broken?
Kyan will never love me
Wanted Dead or Dead: The thief who stole my Mickey antenna topper

Quote:
Originally Posted by momatater View Post
You're welcome! And thanks, I know my son will flip out. (He's loves monorails and they are delivering chocolate one) Disney is so magical!!

I hope you post a picture!
I'd rather pay The Mouse than a shrink. '84 Offsite. '97 & '98 Port Orleans. '99 Disneyland. '00 Port Orleans. '02 Poly. '03 & '04 CBR. '05 POFQ & CBR. '06 CSR. '08 CBR & Poly. '09 Poly. '10 Poly. '11 celebrated the big 50 at the Poly! '12 FIRST DCL/Polynesian! March '14 First Stay at WL / Oct. '14 Rum Runners at WL / 3/15 Yacht Club
Old 07-10-2008, 04:25 PM   #2374
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc A. View Post
I don't think any of the Longhouses have balconies on the 2nd floors, so I think it's only the 3rd floors.
Old 07-10-2008, 04:27 PM   #2375
momatater
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbeml View Post
I hope you post a picture!
I will! Boy, I wish Sept would get here faster!!! The waiting is killing me!!!
Old 07-10-2008, 04:45 PM   #2376
BCV23

Loves the magic of the trains
Would enjoy a magical meal at the castle
Loves the name Hatuey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR Resort Fan 4 Life View Post
Don't forget that there isn't even a microwave in the Club Level lounge.
No, of course there's not a microwave in the lounge. That would be like having one in Kona, I think. No reason to nuke anything served in the lounge. There is a toaster there for anyone wishing to make toast or heat a bagel though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc A. View Post
Tahiti, Tokelau and Rapa Nui all have balconies on the second and third floors. Tokelau and Tahiti are both large longhouses so there are actually quite a few rooms with second floor balconies.
Old 07-10-2008, 04:53 PM   #2377
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCV23 View Post
There is a toaster there for anyone wishing to make toast or heat a bagel though.
Well it makes sense to have a toaster in the lounge.
Old 07-10-2008, 05:13 PM   #2378
janiebegood
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Tahiti, Tokelau and Rapa Nui all have balconies on the second and third floors. Tokelau and Tahiti are both large longhouses so there are actually quite a few rooms with second floor balconies.
I didn't know that! Thanks, BCV23! I think I am going to request Tahiti because of its proximity to the TTC, now I can say we'd prefer the first floor, but if there's nothing available on the first floor, then something with a balcony! We've got a theme park view booking, so I imagine the view will be lovely from just about any room, but it would be nice to have a place to "retreat" at night after the little one is asleep!
New Years 2008 Trip Report
And we went back in January 2011!
Thinking about trying out the Yacht Club for the first time!
Old 07-10-2008, 06:35 PM   #2379
mickey2minnie1
DIS Veteran

I would like to do something special for my parents (They were supposed to go last year with us after planning for years, and had to cancel 2 weeks prior for a health issue. They never go anywhere. Now we are trying to give it another go!) when we go next Oct. We are going to stay at the Poly for about a week.

I was thinking if I can save enough I would like to pay the extra and do GVCL. I know we are going to do the dining plan.

If all goes well and I can swing it, do you find that having the extra food is just not utilized with all of the other?

What benefit do you enjoy MOST that the CL offers? I cannot do LV so that is out.

Any ideas???
Nov/Dec 2010 5 nights at the Poly with my 3 children
June 2010 3 nights at the Poly w/ DH
Oct/Nov 2009 8 nights at the Poly GVCL
Oct/Nov 2007 9 nights at the Poly

Me DH DS 17 DS 14 DD 12 Sebastian 6
Old 07-10-2008, 11:08 PM   #2380
huntconn
"Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile."

Ok, here's my next update on our current Disney vacation. Last night we went to 'Ohana which has always been one of our favorites. This was no exception. Thank God the shrimp are back on the menu. The only problem I have with this place is I walk out so full I feel sick. All of the appetizers were very good. I especially love the fried wontons and the salad. The dressing on the salad is awesome. The turkey and pork were delicious. I liked the beef very much but my wife thought it was too rare and could not eat it. I could understand this as I prefer my beef on the rare side and this was certainly pinkish red in the middle. I'm sure she could have asked for some that was more cooked but she chose to simply concentrate on the turkey and pork, which she loved. The service was hit or miss. Our server was a very friendly, polite gentleman. We were quickly served all the starters but after we declined the first round of meats because we were still eating the starters, it took quite a while for the skewers to come to us again. We were offered beef but eventually had to ask our server for the other meats. To his credit, he made sure they came out quickly. Lipoa was the entertainer for the night. I know she is not everyone's cup of tea but we found her entertaining. She really does a great job getting the kids involved with all the festivities. Next we had a very long wait for the dessert to be brought out. It took so long that we honestly thought our server went home or forgot about us. When it did come out, it was worth the wait. I am not usually a dessert eater but I love love love the bread pudding with banana and Foster's sauce! Overall, we had a great dinner and enjoyable evening at 'Ohana. It was not without it's problems, but no biggie! One other side note to our evening. Like I said earlier, our server was a very nice gentleman. However, his accent was so strong it was very difficult to understand much of what he was saying to us. This seemed to be true of several of the employees at 'Ohana. I am all for Disney having employees of varied cultural backgrounds but it would seem to be counterproductive when their English is so limited that you literally cannot understand the person. Oh well, he seemed like a nice guy even if we could not understand much of what he was saying to us! I'll check in tomorrow with a report from today. I'm just too tired right now. We've been having a great time so far. Oh btw, when we returned from the pool this afternoon, the staff had left a balloon arrangement and an autographed card from Mickey and Minnie wishing us a happy 10th anniversary in our room. What a special treat.
Old 07-10-2008, 11:14 PM   #2381
wdwdancerwannabe
DIS Veteran

Huntconn:
Are you staying Concierge? I would love an update on the foods -- especially the evening offerings - curious to know if they're different from Tikiman's site --- which hasn't changed in over two years.

My husband and I will be at Ploy CL for our 12th anniversary AND my DS's 5th bday!!!

Saratoga Springs 2011 - 15 days:
Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2766409

WDW Dancer Wannabe
Old 07-10-2008, 11:15 PM   #2382
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntconn View Post
Ok, here's my next update on our current Disney vacation. Last night we went to 'Ohana which has always been one of our favorites. This was no exception. Thank God the shrimp are back on the menu. The only problem I have with this place is I walk out so full I feel sick. All of the appetizers were very good. I especially love the fried wontons and the salad. The dressing on the salad is awesome. The turkey and pork were delicious. I liked the beef very much but my wife thought it was too rare and could not eat it. I could understand this as I prefer my beef on the rare side and this was certainly pinkish red in the middle. I'm sure she could have asked for some that was more cooked but she chose to simply concentrate on the turkey and pork, which she loved. The service was hit or miss. Our server was a very friendly, polite gentleman. We were quickly served all the starters but after we declined the first round of meats because we were still eating the starters, it took quite a while for the skewers to come to us again. We were offered beef but eventually had to ask our server for the other meats. To his credit, he made sure they came out quickly. Lipoa was the entertainer for the night. I know she is not everyone's cup of tea but we found her entertaining. She really does a great job getting the kids involved with all the festivities. Next we had a very long wait for the dessert to be brought out. It took so long that we honestly thought our server went home or forgot about us. When it did come out, it was worth the wait. I am not usually a dessert eater but I love love love the bread pudding with banana and Foster's sauce! Overall, we had a great dinner and enjoyable evening at 'Ohana. It was not without it's problems, but no biggie! One other side note to our evening. Like I said earlier, our server was a very nice gentleman. However, his accent was so strong it was very difficult to understand much of what he was saying to us. This seemed to be true of several of the employees at 'Ohana. I am all for Disney having employees of varied cultural backgrounds but it would seem to be counterproductive when their English is so limited that you literally cannot understand the person. Oh well, he seemed like a nice guy even if we could not understand much of what he was saying to us! I'll check in tomorrow with a report from today. I'm just too tired right now. We've been having a great time so far. Oh btw, when we returned from the pool this afternoon, the staff had left a balloon arrangement and an autographed card from Mickey and Minnie wishing us a happy 10th anniversary in our room. What a special treat.
Thanks for the update.
Old 07-10-2008, 11:17 PM   #2383
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwdancerwannabe View Post
Huntconn:
Are you staying Concierge? I would love an update on the foods -- especially the evening offerings - curious to know if they're different from Tikiman's site --- which hasn't changed in over two years.

My husband and I will be at Ploy CL for our 12th anniversary AND my DS's 5th bday!!!
This was the menu when my family and I stayed there in December 2007. http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...postcount=1152
Old 07-11-2008, 12:33 AM   #2384
kappyfamily
DIS Veteran

Cabanas at BB?

The TL cabana was a gift from the "Dream Team"--yeah, we finally won something and all I did was take a drink of the disgusting Florida water from the fountain by Humunga Kowabunga. That drink earned us this private area overlooking the wave pool. It was stocked with tons of soda and water compliments of Coke. There were really nice beach chairs and towels as well as the cool green rose arrangement. We had a "valet" of sorts who came around to see if we needed anything throughout the day.

My questions are: (I'm posting this here because the person with the above entry was on this Poly page.)

Does BB have cabanas?
Anyone know how much do they cost?
Can you reserve them in advance?

I posted this question in another section and my only response was their were no cabanas at Disney??????

Thank you as usual!
Old 07-11-2008, 08:40 AM   #2385
BCV23

Loves the magic of the trains
Would enjoy a magical meal at the castle
Loves the name Hatuey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey2minnie1 View Post
I would like to do something special for my parents (They were supposed to go last year with us after planning for years, and had to cancel 2 weeks prior for a health issue. They never go anywhere. Now we are trying to give it another go!) when we go next Oct. We are going to stay at the Poly for about a week.

I was thinking if I can save enough I would like to pay the extra and do GVCL. I know we are going to do the dining plan.

If all goes well and I can swing it, do you find that having the extra food is just not utilized with all of the other?

What benefit do you enjoy MOST that the CL offers? I cannot do LV so that is out.

Any ideas???
The location of the Hawaii building is one big plus. We also really enjoy the ability to go to the lounge for appetizers and a glass of wine before dinner. The continental breakfast is nice although we also go to Kona or do room service some mornings. I love being able to get a cup of tea and read the paper early in the am while my family is still asleep. I don't use IPO that much but it is quite convenient to ask the CMs to print out boarding passes, cancel a dining reservation, etc..

But with the dining plan, I'm not sure I'd do club level. Well, really I probably wouldn't. The last I looked lagoon view rooms were about as expensive as gardenview club rooms. Perhaps consider that. But if we're not doing club level, we book gardenview. The views are so beautiful and we save quite a bit.

Whatever you decide, I'm sure it will be a great treat for your parents.

huntconn, what a nice thing for the Polynesian to do. Was yesterday your actual anniversary? Happy 10th! Have fun!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: