Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2008, 04:41 PM   #2341
Tess
DIS Vet - 1997
Still thinking happy little thoughts. . .
The Tag Fairy sees and loves Tess too!

Back again. . .

Sorry for the delay in responding, but--now wait for it--I am just getting over another bug! I'm still on a major antibiotic from being sick in Florida and I get some viral crud that gave me a fever and chills--nothing else thank heaven, but the fever was up to 104.5 for long periods yesterday. I was ice packing, taking Tylenol and Motrin. . .talk about feeling . I just wish someone could figure out why I keep getting so sick, so often--I have always been very active and healthy as a horse. I do turn 50 in a few months--maybe it's time for a tune-up! In any event, I'm back to mending. . .AGAIN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonet View Post
Tess - I always enjoy your posts.
Glad you are feeling better. Sounds like you've been through the wringer
Loved your photos. Wanted to ask about the TL cabana?? I knew nothing of this. Where and How, please??
Is Marrakesh a favorite of your family for lunch? I haven't been in years and only for dinner. Might be nice for us this summer...
What about Teppan Edo? Do they have a nice sushi menu? If you love it, it must be good. I need to go look up the menu on allearsnet.
Thanks for sharing your photos!
The TL cabana was a gift from the "Dream Team"--yeah, we finally won something and all I did was take a drink of the disgusting Florida water from the fountain by Humunga Kowabunga. That drink earned us this private area overlooking the wave pool. It was stocked with tons of soda and water compliments of Coke. There were really nice beach chairs and towels as well as the cool green rose arrangement. We had a "valet" of sorts who came around to see if we needed anything throughout the day. Unfortunately, he had little to do because it seemed every time he came around, it was just me in the cabana. That was one of my punier days and after hitting the slides/rides one time, I was pooped. I took full advantage of the that lovely little hideaway. The only bummer was we missed our ice cream treat because the park had to close due to lightning and impending storm. It never did storm--just lightning. In any event, it was a very cool prize and welcomed by me since I was feeling so wiped.

Marrakesh is one of our favorites for lunch. I love the lamb (Berber Feast or is it Sultan's Platter?, whichever has the lamb and vegetable couscous, kabob, jasmine salad) and my husband enjoys the kabobs. The kids kind of switch it up depending on the mood, but they usually enjoy the "Chef's Choice" thing that includes a dessert and a couple of different items.

Teppan Edo was wonderful, although I will say I was disappointed in the menu. I used to enjoy the shrimp and scallops combination and that is no longer available--it has gone by the wayside as did the lobster of many years ago. The scallops were excellent and all six of us (we had friends joining us for lunch that day) really enjoyed our meal. The sushi menu is good and that may be our next choice rather than dining at Teppan Edo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCV23 View Post
Tess, I'm so glad you're feeling better. Loved your pictures. It looked like your family was having a ball.
Thanks, I just wish I had felt better and captured more moments! My family did have a ball! They are totally thrilled to be headed back in May.

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntconn View Post
Oh, and Tess...I'm glad you're feeling better. Always love hearing about your Disney adventures and seeing pictures of your family. Take care.
Thanks! Enjoy your stay, sounds as if you are off to a fantastic start!
Old 07-09-2008, 05:06 PM   #2342
huntconn
"Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile."

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess mom of 4 View Post
I had no idea about the microwaves! That would really come in handy, as we usually eat breakfast in the room...Is there a charge for the microwave? Should it be requested on the reservation, or at check-in?
No there is no charge for the microwave. It has come in very handy for heating up left overs! I did not request it in my reservation and I'm not even sure you can. I actually forgot to request it at check in. I went back to the club desk after an hour or so when I remembered that this was something you could ask for. I never knew about it either...I learned of it here on the Disboards!
Register to remove

Old 07-09-2008, 05:15 PM   #2343
momatater
DIS Veteran

Tess...

Wow, I hope you have licked this bug or whatever it is once and for all!! I had a bad spell a few yrs back, I was sick for a very long time...unfortunately I had to have 3 surgeries...none of them related! Now I'm better than ever (my freinds say because I have a whole new body, I should live forever now! LOL) Anyway, I can relate and I hope you get to feeling better soon...FOR GOOD!!!

Thanks for posting the link to your pics and filling us in about your prize at TL. Looks like a very nice place to relax!!
Old 07-09-2008, 05:22 PM   #2344
Shell54
DIS Veteran

loving the live updates huntconnI'm glad to hear that the volcano pool isn't crowded all the time..we plan to do a little pool time there during our stay in Sept. Sounds relaxing and fun so far

Disney Magic 8/12

Old 07-09-2008, 05:30 PM   #2345
momsavealot
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the live updates Huntconn! I was wondering if you can get a toaster in your room. We'd use that more than a microwave. I was thinking about mailing it down to meet us at the hotel but if I can get one there, that would be great. We were planning on eating breakfast in our room in the mornings to save time - pop tarts, toast, bagels, etc. Does anybody know?Thanks!!
Aug. 2008 Polynesian Resort
Feb. 2006 Nickelodeon Hotel
(DD14) (DS13)(DS12) (DD8)
Old 07-09-2008, 05:32 PM   #2346
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by momsavealot View Post
Thanks for the live updates Huntconn! I was wondering if you can get a toaster in your room. We'd use that more than a microwave. I was thinking about mailing it down to meet us at the hotel but if I can get one there, that would be great. We were planning on eating breakfast in our room in the mornings to save time - pop tarts, toast, bagels, etc. Does anybody know?Thanks!!
There is a toaster you could use at Captin Cook's even if you don't purchase anything over there.
Old 07-09-2008, 05:34 PM   #2347
fortheboys
Mouseketeer

sub me baby!
2001 - Poly (Honeymoon)
2006 - POFQ (DS 1st visit)
2009 - Poly
Old 07-09-2008, 07:30 PM   #2348
1GR8DISNEYFAN
Mouseketeer

I asked this question on another thread, but I don't think I ever received an answer. I have been seeing pictures and reading a lot about the Pina-Colava. I am looking forward to relaxing by the pool enjoying on of these delicious looking drinks. But are they really $9.50? And if they are, are they worth it.
Grew up going to Disneyland at least once a year, Disneyland AP holder since 1996, 1989 WDW off site, 2004 Yaght Club, 2006 Poly, 2008 Poly, 2011 Bonnett Creek, 2012 ASMO, 2013 Port Orleans Riverside, 2014 ASMU

Old 07-09-2008, 08:59 PM   #2349
Think Pink Tink
Mouseketeer

I had the Pina Colava, DH stuck to the Mai Tai and yes they were about $8.75-9.75 each...can't remember. They were tiny for the price...the cup size was the size of those large plastic cups you see at keg parties...it's been about 20 years since I was at a keg party but you know what I mean right? So I would have been happier with a little larger size for the price but the drink tasted SOOOOOOOOOOOOO good. I had at least one a day at the pool sometimes two, and then would switch to beer...a little cheaper:-)

Offsite 1977, Poly 1985, Offsite 1988, 1989, 1990, 1991, Contemporary July 2006, Poly August 2008, Poly August 2009, Poly August 2010
Me DH DD (9) DD(7)
Old 07-09-2008, 09:52 PM   #2350
sandym718
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntconn View Post
No there is no charge for the microwave. It has come in very handy for heating up left overs! I did not request it in my reservation and I'm not even sure you can. I actually forgot to request it at check in. I went back to the club desk after an hour or so when I remembered that this was something you could ask for. I never knew about it either...I learned of it here on the Disboards!

Good to know!! I was thinking, when I read the earlier post, that it would be nice to have a microwave, but would we really use it? We mostly have cold breakfast food. But then I thought - leftovers!! With the fridge and the micro, that makes them possible!

Previous trips as a child/teen: FW 1985, offsite 1991, Disneyland 1992
Family trips: 2007, 2009, 2011, 2012 - all at the Poly!

Old 07-09-2008, 10:12 PM   #2351
johnsonet
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tess View Post
The TL cabana was a gift from the "Dream Team"--yeah, we finally won something and all I did was take a drink of the disgusting Florida water from the fountain by Humunga Kowabunga. That drink earned us this private area overlooking the wave pool. It was stocked with tons of soda and water compliments of Coke. There were really nice beach chairs and towels as well as the cool green rose arrangement. We had a "valet" of sorts who came around to see if we needed anything throughout the day. Unfortunately, he had little to do because it seemed every time he came around, it was just me in the cabana. That was one of my punier days and after hitting the slides/rides one time, I was pooped. I took full advantage of the that lovely little hideaway. The only bummer was we missed our ice cream treat because the park had to close due to lightning and impending storm. It never did storm--just lightning. In any event, it was a very cool prize and welcomed by me since I was feeling so wiped.

Marrakesh is one of our favorites for lunch. I love the lamb (Berber Feast or is it Sultan's Platter?, whichever has the lamb and vegetable couscous, kabob, jasmine salad) and my husband enjoys the kabobs. The kids kind of switch it up depending on the mood, but they usually enjoy the "Chef's Choice" thing that includes a dessert and a couple of different items.

Teppan Edo was wonderful, although I will say I was disappointed in the menu. I used to enjoy the shrimp and scallops combination and that is no longer available--it has gone by the wayside as did the lobster of many years ago. The scallops were excellent and all six of us (we had friends joining us for lunch that day) really enjoyed our meal. The sushi menu is good and that may be our next choice rather than dining at Teppan Edo.

Thank you! Marrakesh was my favorite as a teenager and I think we'll give it another try this trip Plus, DD LOVES couscous! Also, I want to try the sushi at Teppan Edo...

I really hope you will feel better very soon. Take care.

Huntconn ~ I, too, am loving your live reports! Sounds exciting. Are you by any chance going to try out the Wave at CR this trip? They serve B, L and D (hint, hint - I need you as my guinea pig! )
Old 07-10-2008, 07:52 AM   #2352
dato63
DIS Veteran

Do all the rooms at the Poly come with a microwave? Or just CL rooms? Can you request one regardless of the room you book? And is there a charge depending on the room you book?

Thanks for any information.
Old 07-10-2008, 07:54 AM   #2353
polineedyan
DIS Veteran

we did not have a microwave in the tokelau. Isnt the microwave in a common area when you go cl?
Old 07-10-2008, 08:31 AM   #2354
BCV23

Loves the magic of the trains
Would enjoy a magical meal at the castle
Loves the name Hatuey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dato63 View Post
Do all the rooms at the Poly come with a microwave? Or just CL rooms? Can you request one regardless of the room you book? And is there a charge depending on the room you book?
None of the rooms have microwaves in them club level or not. anyone can request one but I would guess that the Polynesian has a rather limited number.

Quote:
Originally Posted by polineedyan View Post
we did not have a microwave in the tokelau. Isnt the microwave in a common area when you go cl?
Yes, there is a microwave in Captain Cooks for anyone's use.

Tess, I add my wishes for good health for you so you can enjoy your
summer.

huntconn, have fun today and keep up the reports, please.
Old 07-10-2008, 01:11 PM   #2355
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCV23 View Post
None of the rooms have microwaves in them club level or not. anyone can request one but I would guess that the Polynesian has a rather limited number.
Don't forget that there isn't even a microwave in the Club Level lounge.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: