Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-07-2008, 07:10 PM   #106
Nie0214
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThruTheEyesOfMyChild View Post
ARE THESE STILL A 2008 SNACK ON THE DDP!!?? OOOOH....SOMEBODY PLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZZZE SAY YES!!!!!! IF SO, WHERE DO I GET THEM ON MY TRIP NEXT MONTH!!??
1. Yes they are on the DDP (this thread is for "Disney Dining Plan snack credit"s)
2. You can get them at Pinocchio Village Haus in Fantasyland of MK.
Nie0214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 08:57 PM   #107
iluv2go2disney
Please Oh Please! Can't we live at Walt Disney World

I thought I read that they stopped serving Figaro Fries a little while back. I hope it's not true because I would love to try them.
iluv2go2disney is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-07-2008, 09:27 PM   #108
hematite153
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluv2go2disney View Post
I thought I read that they stopped serving Figaro Fries a little while back. I hope it's not true because I would love to try them.
They still serve Figaro Fries, but, they've changed their definition.

In other words, you can order Figaro Fries, but, they won't be like these pictures. I think I heard that they are now fries with cheese sauce and bacon.
Old 07-07-2008, 09:41 PM   #109
snoopywoodstockus
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hematite153 View Post
They still serve Figaro Fries, but, they've changed their definition.

In other words, you can order Figaro Fries, but, they won't be like these pictures. I think I heard that they are now fries with cheese sauce and bacon.
That is a shame. We were looking forward to trying them in August. Now we won't bother if they are just bacon/cheese fries.
2012 1st DVC BLT 9th Wedding Anniversary Trip , 2011 Purchasing DVC at BLT , 2010 POP Century Grand Gathering 2009 Wilderness Lodge 2008 Surprise WL Upgrade with Parents, Niece and Hubby 2007 Wilderness Lodge 2006 WDW CBR 2005 WDW ASM with Niece 2004 WDW Family trip Offsite 2004 DL Off site 2003 WDW Honeymoon Ramada Prior to 2003 - too many to mention
snoopywoodstockus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 09:51 PM   #110
Couturier
DIS Veteran

fig fries

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopywoodstockus View Post
That is a shame. We were looking forward to trying them in August. Now we won't bother if they are just bacon/cheese fries.
I have heard talk from others on the board here about making their own fig fries! Go to a counter service that has a condiment bar, then you can just get fries and add your own stuff to them, I guess you can't get the bacon, but they may even have the cheese.

Dana

Last edited by Couturier; 07-07-2008 at 09:52 PM. Reason: Typo
Couturier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 10:23 PM   #111
Cinderelly5507
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopywoodstockus View Post
I know, me too! I am devastated!!
Cinderelly5507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 07:04 AM   #113
snoopywoodstockus
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couturier View Post
I have heard talk from others on the board here about making their own fig fries! Go to a counter service that has a condiment bar, then you can just get fries and add your own stuff to them, I guess you can't get the bacon, but they may even have the cheese.

Dana
That is a good idea. We usually get cheese and other stuff at the fixin' bar.
2012 1st DVC BLT 9th Wedding Anniversary Trip , 2011 Purchasing DVC at BLT , 2010 POP Century Grand Gathering 2009 Wilderness Lodge 2008 Surprise WL Upgrade with Parents, Niece and Hubby 2007 Wilderness Lodge 2006 WDW CBR 2005 WDW ASM with Niece 2004 WDW Family trip Offsite 2004 DL Off site 2003 WDW Honeymoon Ramada Prior to 2003 - too many to mention
snoopywoodstockus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 09:07 AM   #114
hematite153
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couturier View Post

Dana
Yes, several people are going to Cosmic Rays and getting Chili Cheese Fries without the chili with a side of ranch dressing and then making Figaro Fries minus the bacon at the toppings bar.

Personally, I'm allergic to bacon and can't stand ranch dressing, so, I haven't ever seen the appeal. But, they've seemed like a VERY popular item, so, it's sad to see them go.
Old 07-08-2008, 10:45 AM   #115
justplaingoofy
DIS Veteran

oh ...you had me at French Fries & cheese

throw in bacon and I'm there we'll see....

anyone going soon that can check this out & reply?
justplaingoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 09:05 PM   #116
KatieandWill
Earning My Ears

Almond Pretzel thingy...

OK so I thought I read somewhere that the pretzel thing with the almonds and white icing-looking stuff (from the bakery in Norway at Epcot) has raisins in it... anyone know if that's true? I HATE raisins, but that pretzel looks so good! I would hate to bite into it and get a mouth full of raisin surprise!

Thanks!
KatieandWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 08:21 AM   #117
peach3es
I'm stateside!!! :)

Holy cow! So, I'm guessing that dieting is not recommended while on a Disney vacation!

I was worried the snacks would be too small to be worth it. Some of these things are HUGE! Much better than what I expected a snack credit to get me!

Thanks for sharing!
peach3es is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 02:56 PM   #118
OneTreeHillAddict
CNC Photography of Myrtle Beach, SC

Quote:
Originally Posted by peach3es View Post
Holy cow! So, I'm guessing that dieting is not recommended while on a Disney vacation!

I was worried the snacks would be too small to be worth it. Some of these things are HUGE! Much better than what I expected a snack credit to get me!

Thanks for sharing!
Dieting? Um no. But look at it this way, you're walking around a lot more than usual so you're burning off those excess calories!
OneTreeHillAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 04:09 PM   #119
Born2Cruz
Mouseketeer

We need to keep this going. Does anyone have more delicious snack pictures.
Born2Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 06:26 PM   #120
justplaingoofy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneTreeHillAddict View Post
Dieting? Um no. But look at it this way, you're walking around a lot more than usual so you're burning off those excess calories!
bumping

My mom wore a pedometer..not including walking around the airport on arrival day. When we arrived at the resort and unpacked my mom put on the pedometer then packed it the day we left. (we had a really late flight home so we did Epcot that day) anyway..... we logged over 60 miles
justplaingoofy is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: