Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-07-2008, 10:46 AM   #2311
Tess
DIS Vet - 1997
Still thinking happy little thoughts. . .
The Tag Fairy sees and loves Tess too!

Sorry. . .

I know I promised a report of our stay, but it has literally been one thing after the other around here. . .I finally feel better, but I had wisdom teeth out last week and have been recovering from that ordeal. Yuck!

Anyway, here's a link to my 2008 Disney photos on Photobucket. There's some views of Polynesian in there too. I sure didn't take many photos this year primarily because I was too sick most of the time to pull the camera from the bag--yeah, that vacation could have been better, but there's always next time!

http://s229.photobucket.com/albums/e...Disney%202008/
Old 07-07-2008, 12:27 PM   #2312
ConcKahuna
Corn was on sale, 10 ears for $3, of course it was cheaper at The Root Of All Evil

RFLMAO Your DH looks burnt to a crisp in all of those picuters and the DD and DS look paper white!!

Everyone else: the kids were actually pretty tan and Tess's DH was only brown, not lobster red
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-07-2008, 01:19 PM   #2313
Tess
DIS Vet - 1997
Still thinking happy little thoughts. . .
The Tag Fairy sees and loves Tess too!

I know. . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConcKahuna View Post
RFLMAO Your DH looks burnt to a crisp in all of those picuters and the DD and DS look paper white!!

Everyone else: the kids were actually pretty tan and Tess's DH was only brown, not lobster red
You should see him after this past weekend--nothing but sunshine and 88 degrees, hanging by the pool for three days from 11:00 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. He really does have a reddish brown color to him. Our kids appear so paper white because he is so brown! They told everyone who commented about their color and ours that they "worked" and we just hung around the pool--yeah, right! We don't sleep until noon and laze about until 2:00ish. They do work weekends, but that pool is there all week long too. . .
Old 07-08-2008, 04:08 PM   #2314
huntconn
"Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile."

Aloha everyone! We just checked into the Polynesian this morning and received a free upgrade from GV Club Level to LV Club Level. We requested 3rd floor and "close to the lounge" and received both requests PLUS a free upgrade. We are in room 3502 and the view in gorgeous! Sorry, I'm just so excited I had to share it with you folks right away. We come to the Poly every year and have never received a free upgrade. I was just saying to my wife before we left how jealous I am when I hear reports on the DIS about people getting upgrades. We are celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary and this has really made it MAGICAL for us. They even gave us Happy Anniversary pins at check in and everyone has been wishing us a happy anniversary! We were standing on the train station platform watching the Disney Dreams Come True parade and the guy dressed as Walt Disney at the start of the parade looked up and must have seen our pins. He mouthed Happy Anniversary to me which I just thought was the coolest thing ever! I love Disney World!
Old 07-08-2008, 04:14 PM   #2315
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntconn View Post
Aloha everyone! We just checked into the Polynesian this morning and received a free upgrade from GV Club Level to LV Club Level. We requested 3rd floor and "close to the lounge" and received both requests PLUS a free upgrade. We are in room 3502 and the view in gorgeous! Sorry, I'm just so excited I had to share it with you folks right away. We come to the Poly every year and have never received a free upgrade. I was just saying to my wife before we left how jealous I am when I hear reports on the DIS about people getting upgrades. We are celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary and this has really made it MAGICAL for us. They even gave us Happy Anniversary pins at check in and everyone has been wishing us a happy anniversary! We were standing on the train station platform watching the Disney Dreams Come True parade and the guy dressed as Walt Disney at the start of the parade looked up and must have seen our pins. He mouthed Happy Anniversary to me which I just thought was the coolest thing ever! I love Disney World!
Thanks for the live update and congragulations on getting that amazing upgrade.
Old 07-08-2008, 04:23 PM   #2316
momatater
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Congrats on the upgrade!!!!! I hope you enjoy your stay in the Hawaii building! It's one of my favorite places to be! Be sure to fill us in on your trip when you get back!!

Have a magical time in the world!!!!!
Old 07-08-2008, 04:42 PM   #2317
johnsonet
DIS Veteran

Tess - I always enjoy your posts.
Glad you are feeling better. Sounds like you've been through the wringer
Loved your photos. Wanted to ask about the TL cabana?? I knew nothing of this. Where and How, please??
Is Marrakesh a favorite of your family for lunch? I haven't been in years and only for dinner. Might be nice for us this summer...
What about Teppan Edo? Do they have a nice sushi menu? If you love it, it must be good. I need to go look up the menu on allearsnet.
Thanks for sharing your photos!

huntconn
Congratulations and Happy anniversary!! What a nice treat for repeat Poly guests on their anniversary. I think that's some Disney Magic Good for you! I hope you'll continue to post live when you can
Enjoy!
Old 07-08-2008, 04:46 PM   #2318
Shell54
DIS Veteran

Quote:
That is so exciting about the upgrade! I hope you have a magical time..thanks for the live update I'm getting so darn excited about my first vacation to the Poly in Sept. I can barely stand it

Disney Magic 8/12

Old 07-08-2008, 05:59 PM   #2319
eyenjeff
PROUD DVC OWNER!!

We just checked into the Polynesian this morning and received a free upgrade from GV Club Level to LV Club Level.

CONGRATULATIONS ON BOTH THE UPGRADE AND THE ANNIVERSARY!! Hopefully more and more pixie dust will be sprinkled upon you this trip!!!! Keep us posted!!
Old 07-08-2008, 06:42 PM   #2320
BCV23

Loves the magic of the trains
Would enjoy a magical meal at the castle
Loves the name Hatuey!

Tess, I'm so glad you're feeling better. Loved your pictures. It looked like your family was having a ball.

huntconn, congratulations on your anniversary and upgrade! Have a great vacation.
Old 07-08-2008, 06:56 PM   #2321
WDWBetsy
found her happily ever after!!!

huntconn: congrats on the free upgrade and HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! Hope you have a wonderful vacation...

Art of Animation Cars Family Suite
April 4-10, 2015
DH (44), me (43), DS (15), DD (12), & DD (8)
Old 07-08-2008, 07:54 PM   #2322
cassmat
Mouseketeer

Congrats on both events!!

Hope you are having fun!!
The Polynesain, Coronado Springs Resort and Beach Club!
2009: Beach Club Concierge!!

[img]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/3va29zcc5dz32eb4.png[/img]
Old 07-08-2008, 08:39 PM   #2323
huntconn

Thanks for all of the congrats and best wishes guys. I really can't recommend "advertising" any special event you may be celebrating enough. So many cast members and even several off duty ones have wished us a happy anniversary. It's so much fun. One question: is it ok to post live reports on this thread or do most prefer you do it in the live report section? I prefer to do it here because of my focus on the Poly but I don't want to do anything inappropriate. Please advise. Better get going we have to watch Wishes from our balcony while sipping cognac and enjoying some desserts! Sorry...couldn't resist!
Old 07-08-2008, 08:42 PM   #2324
huntconn

Oh, and Tess...I'm glad you're feeling better. Always love hearing about your Disney adventures and seeing pictures of your family. Take care.
Old 07-08-2008, 09:27 PM   #2325
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyenjeff View Post
We just checked into the Polynesian this morning and received a free upgrade from GV Club Level to LV Club Level.
Congragulations.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: