Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK DVC Discussion
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-03-2008, 11:06 AM   #31
wideeyes
Won't use fake tan, wants to stay pale & interesting
Does not do sea food

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulh View Post
min points alocation from disney you can buy is 160 points,unless it an add on. if you add on you usaly get the same use year as which you allready have.
As for buying you can take any which are availabe.at SSR most are sold out(due to sell out soon)at AKV you should be able to get any you wanted
Paulh
you can buy a 100 min points at AKV at the moment through disney. Very good deal on, hope it is still on in september as not sure if we will have any luck with SSR if it is almost sold out.
wideeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 11:10 AM   #32
wideeyes
Does not do sea food

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerigirl View Post
If you bought 100 points at AKV on finance - do you get to choose your use year??? We are in the process of buying Vero Beach - 75 points, with a December use year. It is now at ROFR stage. If it goes through and I would like to add on when we visit in November this year (don't tell hubbie!!) could I choose a December use year to match the VB contract? That way, i would get all of my points together, which would make planning easier??

Oh - and is it secured on your home, if you take out GE finance and do they take on slightly bad credit??? we are not awful with credit, but have had a few late payments, but never on the mortgage.
From previous posts on this thread it seems quite confusing if it is secured on your home or not, some people have said they had to go through Disney finance as they don't have a home and others have said they got GE finance without owning a home.

I am going to go through Disney to avoid the credit check and having a big debt on my file.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-03-2008, 12:02 PM   #33
Cerigirl
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulh View Post
min points alocation from disney you can buy is 160 points,unless it an add on. if you add on you usaly get the same use year as which you allready have.
Disney are now offering new contracts at AKV starting at 100 points!!!!!
Old 07-03-2008, 12:11 PM   #34
paulh
likes to have a beer
Guiness?

Quote:

Paulh
been going since 1992 sayed offtite a few years then at ASMovies,ASmusic,ASsports,Pop,Caribiean beach.coranardo springs,port orleans,beach club,wildernes lodge,AK lodge,Vero beah,Hilton head island,Disneyland hotel ca,paradice pier ca and fav saratoga springs resort all in no particular order and how can i forget the disney 7 night cruise

"Fire. The Greatest Invention of Mankind. Beer. A Close Second."
paulh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 12:17 PM   #35
wideeyes
Does not do sea food

Quote:

What is so funny?
Old 07-03-2008, 12:27 PM   #36
Cerigirl
Earning My Ears

Not funny - just happy and rolling with joy that I may be able to afford AKV now they have 100 point contracts!!!
Old 07-03-2008, 12:34 PM   #37
wideeyes
Does not do sea food

Quote:
Not funny - just happy and rolling with joy that I may be able to afford AKV now they have 100 point contracts!!!
lol, okay I thought I was missing something. It is exciting isn't it, I can't wait to buy now.
Old 07-04-2008, 07:55 AM   #38
Tinker74
I had goosebumps with the opening credits
i must admit i raised my eyebrow only slightly at HASH

Hi...havent ypu already got like 4 trips booked or something..?..will you lose your deposits if you cancel and go the Dvc route instead?
I think i remember you had Beach club booked or was it grand floridan?

Also..how many points are you thinking of?..I think you'll only need studios for you and your dd..so you could probably have fantastic 2 weeks a yr holidays with as little as 120 points or so.

Remember though with flights going right up recently the accomadation is no longer the most expensive part of the holiday...so you will be commiting to a big out lay for your flights each yr..(of course you could always rent your points if you decide not to go).
Old 07-04-2008, 08:22 AM   #39
wideeyes
Does not do sea food

No, I have two trips booked to WDW and one to DLRP, I have one trip this year for September which is already paid for, and I have booked a hotel next year at Yacht Club which is no big deal to cancel as only a small deposit compared to the cost of the hotel, I may not cancel yet anyway, will decide when I get back from WDW in September. I will not be canceling the DLRP trip at all. I am thinking about getting the 100 min points at AKV at the moment and then get a small add on at another resort at a later date through resale.
Old 07-05-2008, 10:57 AM   #40
Cerigirl
Earning My Ears

I am confused too about the homeowner thing, as we have a home and a mortgage, but also a small loan on the side of that mortgage, so we wouldn't be able to tag another one onto our home equity - right? I called my guide and she said that you needed a home - but she wasn't sure if it was used as security??? Gosh I am quite

I would love to go ahead and do it - but I am worried about getting locked into a loan secured on my house and being declined as there is no room for another loan on the property - get my drift???
Old 07-07-2008, 12:53 PM   #41
Cerigirl
Earning My Ears

I have just called GE and they have told me that it is an Unsecured loan - so no house needed!!!! Guess it may be secured on the points you buy!
Old 07-07-2008, 04:11 PM   #42
jen_uk
Eurovision Nut !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Hobbes View Post
Just wanted to say read the finance details carefully. DH and I bought into DVC in December, we used the available finance, planning to clear it this year from various sources.

However we found out that if we clear our loan then we have to pay back almost as much as we borrowed in fees etc. So we are now stuck with our loan for 10 years. It isn't a big monthly payment and it kept our money available for other things but it is irritating none the less.

Lesson - always read the small print
After we joined up I rang member services and spoke to someone in the finance dept and asked whether there were penalties for paying off quicker and they said there weren't. Plus when I go onto my DVC net, on my loan page it has the amount still owed and then below that it has the amount it would cost to pay it all off and it is only $30 more.

My dis buddy is Carolfoy
jen_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 08:04 AM   #43
doverfox
Mouseketeer

jen
i dont think they lied to you, i think you will find it is the interest added to the principle that makes the difference depending on your loan ammount and interest rate our difference is $51.10
dave
doverfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 08:37 AM   #44
doverfox
Mouseketeer

jen
i dont think they lied to you, i think you will find it is the interest added to the principle that makes the difference depending on your loan ammount and interest rate our difference is $51.10
dave
doverfox is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: