Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-28-2008, 07:55 AM   #706
Teacher510
DIS Veteran

It does help very much! Thank you!
~Ann Disney Inn 1989-All Star Sports 1994-All Star Music 1995-All Star Movies 2001-Swan 2002-Pop Century 2005-Pop Century 2006-Pop Century 2007-Dolphin/Wonder 2008 - Port Orleans French Quarter 2009-Wonder 2010-Coronado Springs 2011-Caribbean Beach 2012
Teacher510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 12:50 PM   #707
minniemosa
Mouseketeer

Can we use Disney Magical Express only one way,,,to return to MCO?

We will rent a car when we arrive and will be our last days at POP, we can return tne car and not need a car in WDW resort, but can we use WDW transportatiob to retyrn to the airport only?
minniemosa is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-29-2008, 02:30 PM   #708
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Yes, you can. But you'll need to make your reservation for the return ride at least a day in advance. You should be able to do that at your resort front desk.
Old 06-30-2008, 02:06 PM   #709
kaguilbeau
DIS Veteran

It's possible that my college age daughters would fly in a day or so after our arrival date on our reservation and leave a day before our departure date.

From what I understand, she would not be able to use DME to get to the resort. Is this correct?

Thanks to each of you that have answered questions for everyone on this thread!
kaguilbeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 02:13 PM   #710
goofy4tink
Likes little devils

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaguilbeau View Post
It's possible that my college age daughters would fly in a day or so after our arrival date on our reservation and leave a day before our departure date.

From what I understand, she would not be able to use DME to get to the resort. Is this correct?

Thanks to each of you that have answered questions for everyone on this thread!
Nope, not true. As long as the girls are listed on your room reservation, they can ride the DME bus. My dd and dh have arrived the day after I did, and they had no problem at all riding the bus. I gave them their DME vouchers to hand over at checkin at MCO. Then, my dh left about 3 days before my dd and I did, and he had no problem other than forgetting his voucher..he had left it in his checked bag and checked the bag at the resort that morning!!

As long as the girls are listed on your room reservation, they can ride both ways. But... if for some reason they are not shown on the room reservation, then no, they can't ride the bus to the resort.
Old 07-01-2008, 06:53 PM   #711
bluenosemickey
Canadian in search of sun

Another scenario:

My oldest is staying at a friends house in Orlando for the last night of our trip. The first 7 nights we are all staying on site and the last one, we are going to another on site resort without her. Can she still get ME with us on the day we depart? She would be a registered guest up until the day before we leave at POR.

What happens with this? I don't want to have to register her as a guest if she is not actually staying with us. We decided to try another resort just for the day b/c we are a family of 5 and usually can't get to stay at POFQ.

Old 07-01-2008, 06:57 PM   #712
goofy4tink
Likes little devils

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluenosemickey View Post
Another scenario:

My oldest is staying at a friends house in Orlando for the last night of our trip. The first 7 nights we are all staying on site and the last one, we are going to another on site resort without her. Can she still get ME with us on the day we depart? She would be a registered guest up until the day before we leave at POR.

What happens with this? I don't want to have to register her as a guest if she is not actually staying with us. We decided to try another resort just for the day b/c we are a family of 5 and usually can't get to stay at POFQ.

She really has to be on the room reservation in order to use DME, in either direction. I'm assuming that if your oldest is on the room reservation it would put you over the max per room....the only way to get around that is to book POR, in AB, where they have rooms that will accomodate all of you. Otherwise, I don't see how you would accomplish getting her on the bus.
Old 07-01-2008, 07:43 PM   #713
bluenosemickey
Canadian in search of sun

Yeah, I thought so. We will have to switch back to POR for the last night. Just wanted a little change of scenery. Never even thought about the DME for returning! She will just be on the res but not staying the last night with us in the room.

edit: changed back, no problems, booked DME for everybody's trip back.

Last edited by bluenosemickey; 07-02-2008 at 06:06 PM. Reason: change
bluenosemickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 11:50 AM   #714
shovan
DIS Veteran

I have a question about luggage. Is the weight limit 50 lbs each piece of luggage? Does the NO EXCEPTIONS apply to medical equipment as well?

We have flown SouthWest Airlines & used DME without any problems. My DH uses a power wheelchair & that all went smoothly. We are considering flying SW again, but have some portable medical equipment ( a shower chair & patient lift ) will DME refuse handling of these. The patient lift weighs for 48 lbs, but on the dolly that carries it, the weight will be about 54 lbs.

I'm also confused about the "participating" Airlines. As I mentioned we've flown SW and remember not having to handle our luggage from SW to DME. Are we wrong about that>

shovan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 12:16 PM   #715
clkelley
I squealed really loud!!
I got one on my camper too

Going TO DisneyWorld, airline doesn't matter, and your checked medical equipment shouldn't be a problem either.

Going BACK to the airport, you will have to take your items on the bus to the airport (stowed underneath), and check them at the airport.
clkelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 12:40 PM   #716
shovan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by clkelley View Post
Going TO DisneyWorld, airline doesn't matter, and your checked medical equipment shouldn't be a problem either.

Going BACK to the airport, you will have to take your items on the bus to the airport (stowed underneath), and check them at the airport.
Thanks for the quick info! Now I'll just have to call SW & see if there will be extra charges for the med equip.. It might be cheaper & easier to just ship it. Thanks again!

shovan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 01:16 PM   #717
clkelley
I squealed really loud!!
I got one on my camper too

Quote:
Originally Posted by shovan View Post
Thanks for the quick info! Now I'll just have to call SW & see if there will be extra charges for the med equip.. It might be cheaper & easier to just ship it. Thanks again!
Medical equipment should be exempt whether checked or carried on.
clkelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 12:50 PM   #718
Grace&Carolinesmom
DIS Veteran

OK--so I have read thru EVERY post and haven't found this scenario.

Assuming we have 2 room only reservations back-to-back, night 1 at POP and nights 2-8 at Poly: Can we take DME from airport(late night) to the POP with our carry-ons but have our checked luggage (with Poly yellow tags) delivered to the Poly? Or will this not work because all of the DME and luggage scans must be for same resort? TIA

CR--May 2006 Poly--April 2007 Poly--April 2009
YC-- April 2010 CSR--Oct 2011 GF--July 2014
Grace&Carolinesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 03:29 PM   #719
goofy4tink
Likes little devils

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace&Carolinesmom View Post
OK--so I have read thru EVERY post and haven't found this scenario.

Assuming we have 2 room only reservations back-to-back, night 1 at POP and nights 2-8 at Poly: Can we take DME from airport(late night) to the POP with our carry-ons but have our checked luggage (with Poly yellow tags) delivered to the Poly? Or will this not work because all of the DME and luggage scans must be for same resort? TIA
Nope, the luggage has to go to the resort you are checking into....even if it's for just one night.
But, you can have POP deliver your bags to the Polynesian the next day. Just leave what you need for that night in your carryon bags. Leave the checked bags packed. Then, take them to luggage services as soon as possible the next morning. They will move your bags to your next resort. But, it isn't a quick process..it can be after 5 pm when you get the bags at the Polynesian.
Old 07-06-2008, 11:53 PM   #720
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Read the first page and tried to skim the rest -

We just made reservations for August (6 weeks), is there a direct number to call to make ME reservations?

Also, we are flying out of different airports (live in different parts of the US), will each guest receive the appropriate luggage tags and info?

Thanks much!

Minnie&Nana is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: