Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-27-2008, 07:47 PM   #1
VandyFan10
GoDoReS!!!!

A Ten Day Ride on A Magic Camel - Almost Finished Trip Report

Wooooooo hooooooo

I'm the first!!!

What do I win!!!!!!

I can't wait to read your NEW TR!!!!
May, Oct 2011 - Off Property
May, Sept, Dec 2012 - Off Property
Jan 2013 - Polynesian!
March, Sept, Dec 2013 - Off Property
Jan 2014 - Animal Kingdom Villas
**I really think I'm missing one or two

The Vandy Girls are BACK!!
MY FIRST TR!!!!! Our Christmas Trip in PICTURES!!!! ~~Oh...and I'm obsessed with the Castle~~

Last edited by VandyFan10; 12-05-2008 at 05:59 PM.
Old 06-27-2008, 08:10 PM   #2
BrooklynnsMommy
DIS Veteran

A Ten Day Ride on A Magic Camel - (It's a boy or a girl!)

We leave tomorrow!!!!!

We have had a great year full of Disney fun! Our annual passes are about to expire (don’t worry we are renewing) and we have one last trip to embark on. Unfortunately our group is much smaller this year. Kristi just returned from 3 weeks in Europe last night, so she is going to spend some time with her family before she has to go work softball camp. Trent is staying home to hang out with her and Drew couldn’t find a buddy who could come up with the money so he is staying home to hang out with his buddies. So for those of you who have been with us for the past year we are glad that you have enjoyed our trips. You are all our friends even though we have never met most of you. For those of you who have just stumbled upon our craziness we welcome you to our Dis-family.

For the sake of those joining us we will do a really quick intro to the cast going and the cast staying behind.

MeMom – Spoils Brooklynn rotten and is my Disney enabler. We have taken several girls trips and had a blast. You won’t see many pictures of her, only parts of her here and there or her reflection in a window or mirror as she takes some fabulous pictures.

Me – preschool teacher, mommy to an adorable toddler and Disney addict

Brooklynn – a Disney girl through and through this is her 5th trip in a year and she knows her way around. She loves to sit and read the Birnbaums and watch MichaelSulley (Monsters Inc.). She is a very active almost two year old.

John – engineer and dad to the independent blonde. Not addicted to Disney, but enjoys going once he’s there (especially if he flies)

Not going this time :

Trent (Bubby) – college student set to graduate in December and the uncle who throws the small one up into the air making everyone in the room gasp and remind him how close he is to the ceiling fan.

Kristi (GiGi) – Trent’s girlfriend, college student and softball player also just added international traveler to her title

They are a really cute couple!

Drew (D) – Drew is scarce most of the time so there aren’t many pictures of him and even fewer of him by himself so here’s the one I used last year.

We will be posting a few pics along the way and checking in periodically. We are even hoping to post video (bear with us through any technical difficulties).

Last edited by BrooklynnsMommy; 11-20-2008 at 09:03 AM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-27-2008, 08:27 PM   #3
jacobsmom00
DIS Veteran

Have a blast on your trip!! I hope everyone has a safe and fun trip at Magic Camel!!
Old 06-27-2008, 08:32 PM   #4
punkin413
feel the magic, dang it!

yay!!!!!!!!! a new TR!! this calls for some smiley action......

i hope you all have such a great trip! i can't wait to hear all about it and see all your wonderful pictures. 10 DAYS!!!!!!!!! i'm so super jealous!

HAVE FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-27-2008, 08:59 PM   #5
moparop
DIS Veteran

Well, I can't be first... but I made page 1. Have a wonderful time on the Magic Camel!!!! Give Mickey some love from us!
Old 06-27-2008, 09:02 PM   #6
micandminforever
DIS Veteran

I am looking forward to the new Trip Report and all of the live action.

Wishing you lots of fun and pixiedust.

Traveling mercies.
One day trips with Family 1972,1973, 1976, Honeymoon off site June 1985, Off site June 1986, Off site June 1989, Grand Floridian June 1992, Wilderness Lodge June 1995, Dixie Landing(POR) April 1997, Hilton at Downtown Disney April 2000, Beach Club June 2003, POFQ June 2005, Pop Century Dec. 2005, Pop Century Jan. 2006, Pop Century Sept. 2007, POFQ Jan. 2009, Pop Century Sept 2009, BLT 25th Anniversary Trip June 2010, CBR March 2011, PORS Sept. 2012, Pop Century Jan. 2013
Old 06-27-2008, 09:16 PM   #7
TCKK
DIS Veteran

I'm here too and will be watching for live posts. Have a great trip and I hope Brooklynn feels better soon!!!! Tell Mickey hello for us!!!!

Cathy

p.s. I think the boards are messed up. My computer says it's 11:31 but it's showing an earlier time when it posts. Also, I read the posts that are now showing below mine (Brooklynnsmommy and Punkin413) before I posted. For some reason mine is now showing above theirs. Who knows?

Anyway, again, have a Great Trip!!!!!!!
Old 06-27-2008, 09:18 PM   #8
BrooklynnsMommy
DIS Veteran

Somehow Erica posted before my original post not real sure what happened there. I just had to run to Target and Kohls. Brooklynn just broke my sunglasses in half and she has developed a diaper rash due to the medicine she is on for her double ear infection (went to the doctor Wednesday for that) so I needed to get some diaper cream as well. Now it seriously is bedtime.
Old 06-27-2008, 09:24 PM   #9
punkin413
feel the magic, dang it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynnsMommy View Post
Somehow Erica posted before my original post not real sure what happened there. I just had to run to Target and Kohls. Brooklynn just broke my sunglasses in half and she has developed a diaper rash due to the medicine she is on for her double ear infection (went to the doctor Wednesday for that) so I needed to get some diaper cream as well. Now it seriously is bedtime.
erica just e-mailed me and asked me to see if it looked that way on my computer too and i told her that, yep, it did! so strange!

hope brooklynn's diaper rash clears up as much as possible before she drags you all over magic camel!!!
Old 06-27-2008, 09:27 PM   #10
VandyFan10
GoDoReS!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynnsMommy View Post
I have NO idea how that would happen BUT I am first

Seriously......how do you actually post before the original poster that you are trying to reply to.......strange......I'll have to hang on to this one and I really should win a prize

Jill I hope you guys have a great time and can't wait to see all your pics and hear your stories ....g'night I hope Brooklynn gets better

Be safe!
May, Oct 2011 - Off Property
May, Sept, Dec 2012 - Off Property
Jan 2013 - Polynesian!
March, Sept, Dec 2013 - Off Property
Jan 2014 - Animal Kingdom Villas
**I really think I'm missing one or two

The Vandy Girls are BACK!!
MY FIRST TR!!!!! Our Christmas Trip in PICTURES!!!! ~~Oh...and I'm obsessed with the Castle~~
Old 06-27-2008, 09:44 PM   #11
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Have a really, really, really fabulous time!!! We will all be hearing waiting to hear all about it and wishing we were there too!
Old 06-27-2008, 09:57 PM   #12
GorshGoofy
Mouseketeer ~ DIS Dad #337

Hey! Count me in too. I'll be waiting for photos. MeMom: Let me know when you have had that cinnamon roll or dole float. Brooklyn'sMommy: Cant wait to see Brooklyn playing in the water. So cute!! Still reminds me of my DD when she was that age ... 14 years ago.

Best Wishes for a magical journey to the Magic Camel!!
Pedometers at WDW ~~ I'm a Dis Dad #337! And a DIS Granddad!! PopC w/ My 3Grandsons Jan 13 ~ Pop ~ Feb 12 w/ wife's sister & family ~ Pop Century Dec 10 (Me & DD & DNiece & More) ~ Jan 10, Jan 08, Jan 07 Disneymoon! ~ Feb 06 Israel & Egypt ~ Oct 05 Land/Sea 3rd Solo! First Cruise! Pop Century/Disney Wonder ~ Jan 05 Pop Century 1st on-site!! 2nd SOLO! ~ Sept 04 off site ~ Feb 2000 Off site 1st Solo ~ Dec 98/99? w/ kids Off site ~ Summer 94 & 95 Yucatan, Mexico ~ Off site Dec 93 & Mar 90 ~ Jan '87 1st WDW Trip with baby DS ~ Off site ~ Winter '83, Summer 80, Summer '79 1st WDW Trip EVER ~ Summer '78 Tokyo, Japan
GorshGoofy

Walking to WDW X3!!
346/521 ~ Lee FL on I-10
17 ~ I 65 S / 30 ~ I-10 E of Tunnel / 37 ~ Fairhope / 40 ~ Malbis / 47 ~ Bay Minette/Gulf Shores (59) / 56 ~ Styx River / 68 ~ Alabama/Florida Line on I-10 / 81 ~ Pensacola / 90 ~ Milton / 124 ~ Crestview / 153 ~ DeFuniak Springs / 164 ~ Ponce de Leon / 180 Bonifay ~ 293 Monticello / 309 Greenville ~ 319 Madison ~ 330 Lee ~ 351 Liveoak ~ 364 I-10/I75 Intersection ~ 372 Lake City ~ 434 Ocala ~ 457 Fl Turnpike ~ 506 I-4 ~ 518 Exit 259 ~ 521 Pop Century Parking Lot
Old 06-27-2008, 11:16 PM   #13
Willow1213
DIS Veteran

Hi Jill!

Former lurker here. Glad I got in on the first page of this trip report, the last one got so long I couldn't remember where I left off!

Hope you all have a safe trip and take lots of pictures to report back to the DIS boards.

~Abby
May 2010 - Villas at Grand Californian Sept 2010 - Coronado Springs
May/June 2011 - Saratoga Springs Resort June 2012 - Animal Kingdom Villas
May 2013 - Pop Century
Old 06-28-2008, 01:50 AM   #14
Kristina
DIS Veteran

The big day is here! Can't wait to read all about how much fun you guys are going to have . I love the night before, it's so exciting! Great opening photos to set the stage. MeMom I think I would recognize you in a crowd now so maybe you will come out of hiding this trip? You're so cute hiding like that .

Say hi to the Pop from me! I miss that place like crazy. Have fun !

Old 06-28-2008, 01:50 AM   #15
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by VandyFan10 View Post
Wooooooo hooooooo

I'm the first!!!

What do I win!!!!!!

I can't wait to read your NEW TR!!!!
Boy, when you get first place, you really get first place, don't you?!?!?
The boards are very strange right now. We'll see where my post ends up.

We'll be leaving for the airport in two hours. It will be a long and magical day. I hope Brooklynn does well on the plane. To go with her medicine, the doctor gave her some special ears drops to numb her ears for take-off. She'll probably think that is very strange, but it is better than hurting.

Off to get ready now. We'll be back to say goodbye in a little bit. You're not awake right now, so you won't even realize this next couple of hours is passing. You're probably having sweet dreams as I type. See you back here in a little bit.

Okay, I'm back. It's like I never left. Goodbye, all! We will check in when we can.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.

Last edited by MeMom; 06-28-2008 at 03:11 AM.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: