Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-26-2008, 09:13 PM   #541
katypop
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lg3 View Post
One thing those of us from the Sept '07 cruise did was meet up at the Quiet Cove on morning too. I thought it was great fun. Quite a few of us also happened to meet up at the Tequila tastings - Even more fun!
Anybody else up for that?
I'd love to meet and chat at Quiet Cove I'd also love to meet up for a Tequila tasting! I couldn't fit that in during my last cruise. I did try the martini tasting ... fun but...I didn't like them

Kathe

Old 06-26-2008, 09:29 PM   #542
NotSoLittleMermaid
DIS Veteran

Welcome to the new folks!

You know, I, too, felt like there were so many folks I didn't get to talk with, or talk with very much. I was thinking that if those that want to could arrange to be on the same dining rotation, not necessarily seated together but seated near or just in the same dining room at the same time, that would make it possible to at least touch base each day. We could maybe even do some table-hopping or swap seats for a meal if we wanted to. I know that the folks who were in my same dining room, even though their tables weren't necessarily close to mine, I tried to make a point of stopping by their tables to at least say "hi". What do you all think?
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-27-2008, 03:46 AM   #543
granmaz
Dis Veteran and Old Geezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCCDad View Post
Hello everyone. I just discovered DIS while gathering info for our Tortola cruise. The whole site is just amazing. I hope to get to know more of you before the cruise.

This will our third Disney cruise and our first eastern cruise.

Cal (41)
Melissa (37)
Travis (3)
Hi there and welcome to this friendly group!! I am sure you will get to know us in the months to come.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotSoLittleMermaid View Post

You know, I, too, felt like there were so many folks I didn't get to talk with, or talk with very much. I was thinking that if those that want to could arrange to be on the same dining rotation, not necessarily seated together but seated near or just in the same dining room at the same time, that would make it possible to at least touch base each day. We could maybe even do some table-hopping or swap seats for a meal if we wanted to. I know that the folks who were in my same dining room, even though their tables weren't necessarily close to mine, I tried to make a point of stopping by their tables to at least say "hi". What do you all think?
Cherie that is a great idea. You just never see some people because theya re at different seatings.

Old 06-27-2008, 07:55 AM   #544
TCCDad
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by katypop View Post
Welcome

This is going to be a great cruise! This will be my 2nd cruise,and third, I'm doing the b2b. I was on the PC cruise in May. I can hardly wait to sail again
Kathe
We loved our last cruise so much that we are bring DW's parents with us on this one. It will be thier first cruise ever.

We can hardly wait to get to Tortola. DW wants to go swimming with the dolphins.
Old 06-27-2008, 07:58 AM   #545
TCCDad
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotSoLittleMermaid View Post

Sounds like a great idea to us.
Old 06-27-2008, 08:32 AM   #546
rotary2808
DIS Veteran

Welcome to the group Cal!!!!

Old 06-27-2008, 02:58 PM   #547
JLSE50
DIS Veteran ** I am a post menopausal woman--my brain leaks. ** I'm allergic to idiots, I just decided.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyRN1 View Post
..... Do we have a list somewhere of all the disers and their families going on this cruise-and the next? It would be nice to be able to keep up with everyone. Also, how many adults only, and how many with children? It may be way too early to get into that, this is the first cruise we have been on from the start-more or less. Thanks.....Vicki......
I am starting a list. So far I have DIS name, family names and addresses as much as I can glean. Not sure where to post it though.

Jan
DL--6x; WDW x 26; Fort Wilderness - a lot; DVC Members since 2000; OKW x 7; DVC Vero Beach x 5; DVC Wilderness Villas x 2; DVC Hilton Head x 1; DVC Boardwalk x 2; DVC Beach Club x 1; DVC Saratoga Springs x 1; SS Tree House x 1; Bay Lake Towers x 2; DCL MAGIC x 8; DCL WONDER x 4; DCL DREAM x 3; DS#1 engaged to DG (Darling Girl) on the WONDER 9/4/06; WESTBOUND PANAMA CANAL 5/10/08 MAGIC; EASTERN CARIBBEAN FAMILY TRIP 9/12/09 MAGIC; TRANSATLANTIC 4/10/10 MAGIC; 5/15/11 DREAM; North to ALASKA 8/9/11 WONDER; FAMILY TRIP 10/30/11 DREAM; HAWAII 4/ 29/12 WONDER; DVC MEMBER CRUISE 9/16/12; 6/27/13 - MAGIC in the Med (Venice) 10/26/14 Eastern Caribbean Family Cruise - ON THE MAGIC AGAIN!
Old 06-27-2008, 03:48 PM   #548
woody73
Enjoyed the Pumpkinmen
Never liked the idea of using a snorkel after someone else

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLSE50 View Post

I am starting a list. So far I have DIS name, family names and addresses as much as I can glean. Not sure where to post it though.

Jan
You could do a "Roll Call" list as a new post, and one of us on page 1 could put a link to it so people can find it.

Woody
Old 06-27-2008, 03:58 PM   #549
granmaz
Dis Veteran and Old Geezer

Well done Jan. I was thinking of going throught the thread and noting everyone so i am glad to find out you had done it before I began!!!

Another option is to PM the list to the OP for them to insert into the first post.

Old 06-27-2008, 04:43 PM   #550
JLSE50
DIS Veteran ** I am a post menopausal woman--my brain leaks. ** I'm allergic to idiots, I just decided.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody73 View Post
You could do a "Roll Call" list as a new post, and one of us on page 1 could put a link to it so people can find it.

Woody
OK, what is a ROLL CALL list?
Jan
DL--6x; WDW x 26; Fort Wilderness - a lot; DVC Members since 2000; OKW x 7; DVC Vero Beach x 5; DVC Wilderness Villas x 2; DVC Hilton Head x 1; DVC Boardwalk x 2; DVC Beach Club x 1; DVC Saratoga Springs x 1; SS Tree House x 1; Bay Lake Towers x 2; DCL MAGIC x 8; DCL WONDER x 4; DCL DREAM x 3; DS#1 engaged to DG (Darling Girl) on the WONDER 9/4/06; WESTBOUND PANAMA CANAL 5/10/08 MAGIC; EASTERN CARIBBEAN FAMILY TRIP 9/12/09 MAGIC; TRANSATLANTIC 4/10/10 MAGIC; 5/15/11 DREAM; North to ALASKA 8/9/11 WONDER; FAMILY TRIP 10/30/11 DREAM; HAWAII 4/ 29/12 WONDER; DVC MEMBER CRUISE 9/16/12; 6/27/13 - MAGIC in the Med (Venice) 10/26/14 Eastern Caribbean Family Cruise - ON THE MAGIC AGAIN!
Old 06-27-2008, 04:45 PM   #551
JLSE50

Quote:
Originally Posted by granmaz View Post
Well done Jan. I was thinking of going throught the thread and noting everyone so i am glad to find out you had done it before I began!!!

Another option is to PM the list to the OP for them to insert into the first post.
I did PM him and tell him I had done it. We can see if he replies. He and a lot of other people from last winter are not posting these days.

Jan
Old 06-27-2008, 04:47 PM   #552
JLSE50

Names for the Group that were proposed in the early pages are:

Sept '09, Tortola and the Magic one last time

Tor-Totally Magic 2009

DCL Magic Tor-Tollin' ‘09

Tortola & Magic "Cruisin on the 9's"

Jan
Old 06-27-2008, 05:07 PM   #553
pfishgirl
In Loving Memory of Our Son 5/6/90 - 5/13/09

Dis Tor'Tollin on the Magic

I Love You
Old 06-27-2008, 05:15 PM   #554
woody73
Enjoyed the Pumpkinmen
Never liked the idea of using a snorkel after someone else

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLSE50 View Post

OK, what is a ROLL CALL list?
Jan
List of all the DISers.

Woody
Old 06-27-2008, 05:19 PM   #555
lg3
The '80's must have been harder on me than I remember, because I sure can't recall seawees

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCCDad View Post
We loved our last cruise so much that we are bring DW's parents with us on this one. It will be thier first cruise ever.

We can hardly wait to get to Tortola. DW wants to go swimming with the dolphins.
That sounds fantastic! I wonder how old you have to be for that - I need to do my homework. Am I behind on planning already? Last cruise dd was just 4, so a lot of excursions were off limits. This time we will have more options.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: