Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-28-2008, 09:25 PM   #16
ironpig70
DIS Veteran

i probaly have the most experience in this department well i have twins and when they where near 2 we went and had a great time. we did fantasyland and toontown and pooh bear. our only problem. and in dca bugslife and the shows alladin, playhouse disney. all was great our only problem was our oldest was 8 so we had to wait for either mom or me to ride with her and they didn't understand and got impatient.
ironpig70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 09:43 PM   #17
Bread&Butterflies
Mouseketeer

All of the above and don't forget the Tiki Room!
My dd LOVES it and is still talking about it, imitating tikis playing drums & singing the song a month later. Great place to rest and cool off to.

We watched some of the rides on youtube the week before leaving too, to get her used to the idea, sights and sounds, characters, etc. Worked great.
Enjoy!

Summer 1996- Family trip- Disnleyland Hotel 8 people
Summer 1999- what was I thinking booking a hotel 6 miles away?!?!? They tricked ME! That was before theDIS !
~Christmas 2001 ~ Who knew this was the Last trip to Disneyland with my only child before the new baby Spring of 2005
March19-22 2008 Spring Break @ DL~ Carosoul Inn Kids Suite (1st trip w/ my 2 kids- didn't upgrade to AP -oooops!)
Now more determined than EVER to go more when DC#2 is young!
April 26- 29 2008 Spontanious B-day trip for DD 3yrs old Just the 2 of us. HoJo's
Sep 17-20 2008 2nd Trip w APs & Meetup w DSs GFs Parents HoJo's
Jan 4-8 2009 3rd trip w APs~ Both my Kids and DSs GF HoJo's

April 24- 27 2010 B-day trip for DD 5yrs old HoJo's
Nov 2010 - Flew down for the 1st time ~The trip I got sick Hojos~ Veteran's Day SUPER CROWDS-NEVER AGAIN
Nov 2011 Week After Thanksgiving~Hojo's w new APs
Feb 2012 College Graduation trip for DS- just me and my kids~Hojo's
Bread&Butterflies is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-28-2008, 11:56 PM   #18
mommy2twinz
Earning My Ears

Ironpig70,

I'm curious about the logistics w/ your 2 yr olds. Did you take your own stroller? We'll be taking a lightweight side by side (Peg Perego Aria Twin). I feel like we'll be constantly strapping them in and out, but there is no way I would go w/out one (they'll walk holding our hands for about 5 minutes.)

I never really paid attention in my pre-baby life to what people do at DL w/ their strollers - is there an area to park them? I feel like I have no idea what I'm doing

I'm so excited, but each time there is some type of temper tantrum, etc (typical toddler drama) I'm thinking - OMG what are we thinking to take them on a weeks vacation?!?

Any other twin-specific tips you have for me would be forever appreciated!!
mommy2twinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 12:09 AM   #19
ironpig70
DIS Veteran

as for stroller we used a double strooler that sits one in front of the other. seen folks trying to use the double wide and its hard in a crowd. another great thing with the front to rear(atleast ours) is the back lays flat so the rear child could lay down and sleep. and the front reclined so the front child could also sleep. as for parking their everywhere in the park. just park out of the walk way if a cm needs to move it they will. another mom here sugested "land" parking. which is a great idea. say you go to fantasyland, instead of riding dumbo and then pushing the stoller to toad and then peter pan and the here and there she suggested to just find a spot in the land you are in, ride all the rides you want then get the stroller and move to the next land.

take double of what ever you think you'll need from diapers to clothes with you into the park. snacks are especially handy since food is expensive.

i have found tide makes laundry detergent in bar form and each bar is individually wrapped iirc 1 bar equals 1 load. we always stay in a hotel with a laundry mat. yeah nobody wants to do laundry on vacation but it helps to keep the bags light

don't over plan the trip. plan lots of time for the kids to be kids. we took ours to tom sawyer island and let them run for like an hour. or when they just wanna sit and have a snack.

like stated mid day naps/swim are a blessing. if you choose to do early entry i'd suggest an earlier bed time. we don't do the park hopping like most. we do an alternating scheldule. so we will close dl say at midnight on monday then tuesday we open dca at 10 am rather than trying for dl at 8.

now with just the kids and you husband you can partake in some of the bigger rides also as long as they don't have height restrictions, if they do utilize the baby switch line or fastpass them.

and lastly have fun. it's amazing how great the park is when you have kids. you just travel alot slowly and in my opion see alot more.

and if you have anymore questions shoot me a pm i'm more than glad to help.
ironpig70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 12:18 AM   #20
Sleepless Knight
Jedi Knight Seeking His Jedi Princess
There's a time and a place for each

Beginning with their first trip in '78 and continuing until sometime in the early 90s my parents had at least one if not more young children, so it is definitely doable. The only thing I can think of that hasn't been covered is the baby switch. If you and your dh want to ride roller coasters, ask for the baby switch option. That will enable him to ride alone while you watch the kids and vice versa.
Sleepless Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 12:44 AM   #21
nancy drew
DIS Veteran

my 2.5yo just loved disneyland. our favorites:

DCA
monsters inc (We love the movie)
the redwood creek challenge area (they LOVED this)
brother bear totem ceremony in the redwood area
carousel
sitting on the pier eating ice cream from "catch a wave" watching "California screamin" riders launch. seriously, both my kids loved this.
the parade!!!!!!!!

Disneyland
winnie the pooh
buzz lightyear
mr toad
dumbo (dont go if the line is extending out of the normal area)
alice in wonderland
carousel
storybook canals
haunted mansion*
pirates lair on tom sawyer island
enchanted tiki room**
tarzan treehouse
they loved the parade!!!!! we found some nice people who let my kids sit on the bench wit hthem. they talked to them and interacted with my kids and were awesome. and i am not one to let my kids play with strangers.

we had a peg perego p3 stroller which has a seat and a standing board. my younger child usually sat and my older one rode on back. if they fought i switched them around. there is stroller parking everywhere. you will be fine!!!

*we have the "disneyland fun" dvd which features the haunted mansion at DLR and my kids have boon obsessed for 2 years. we watched the youtube.com ridethrough and this was a dream come true for them. when anyone asks him his favorite part of disneyland he says "i like de spooky haunted mansion n de statues sing 'gimginningghos comeout soshaliiiiiize'" which i have to translate as "he liked the haunted mansion, where the statues sing "grim grinning ghosts come out to socialize."

**my son somehow fell in love with the masks on the youtube ridethroughs. he STILL asks to see the masks every night.

do a few youtube ridethroughs and talk about the rides. you can get a feel for what will be ok and what will not. my daughter had a bad experience on peter pan, i guess, so we cannot ride it. i did a youtube ridethrough of snow white and she refused to ride that as well. i had to use some major jedi mind trick to get her on mr toad, but afterward she yelled "i LOVED that ride!!!!!!!!" so i guess it was ok.

Me DD 10 DS 8
1982: Contemporary 1989: Contemporary 1998: Disneyland (day trip) 2005: Wilderness Lodge 2006: Wilderness Lodge 2007: Contemporary 2008: Disneyland (Park Vue) 2009: Disneyland (HoJo) 2010: Pop Century 2011: Disneyland (PPH/DLH) and Boardwalk 2012: San Diego and Disneyland (PPH) 2013: Polynesian and Port Orleans Riverside 2014: Dolphin and Disney Dream
nancy drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 09:51 PM   #22
mommy2twinz
Earning My Ears

Thanks so much - you all are so kind and helpful!!!
mommy2twinz is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: