Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > The Creative Community > Scrapbooking
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-15-2008, 09:26 PM   #1
labdogs42
I managed to wrestle a playhouse to the ground and twisted it into submission

Who here uses CM's SBC+ for digital scrapping?

I know there are a few of us. I thought it would be nice if we knew who uses this program and maybe we could share some hints and tips for working with this particular software for digital scrapping. Anyway, I'd like to know who else is having fun playing with Creative Memories StoryBook Creator Plus! (oh yeah, I'm not a CMC, so I have no vested interest in anyone buying this software, just thought I'd put that out there)
Old 05-15-2008, 10:05 PM   #2
DisneyCruiser2008
DIS Veteran

I do. I love it. So far it is meeting all of my needs.... Do you want to just share tips on this thread, Jess?

This is just a little tip, but one thing that I am liking -- I think someone on this board pointed it out... is that if you right click on any photo, paper, element, etc. and go down to Properties, you can enter dimensions, rotation in degrees, distance you want that particular element from various edges, etc (you may need to unlock the aspect ratio to make desired changes).... I have found this useful for lining things up both vertically and horizontally as well as for getting various pictures exactly the same size or rotated the same, etc.... I'm not always THAT geometric, but for some of my LOs it's been really helpful.... That's my first tip... Looking forward to hearing from others. Great idea to start this thread, Jessica.
*2001 WDW - CBR & DCL Bahamas Cruise (Disney Wonder) *2008 DCL 7 Night Mex. Riviera Cruise (Disney Magic) *June 2010 WDW 10 Day Trip - CBR and AKL *June 2011 DCL 7 Night Alaskan Cruise (Disney Wonder) *Disneyland - more times than I can count over the past 34 years!
DisneyCruiser2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-15-2008, 10:28 PM   #3
loveGoofy
Mouseketeer

I also use SBC+. I am finding it very useful.

One thing that I have started doing with the software is to create all of my templates as a separate storybook. Then, when I want to use one of them, I just go to Import Page and import the template that I want to use. Of course... as far as I know... you have to use the .png files to make the templates. This has been very helpful to me because I love to use templates.

Looking forward to hearing more from all of you.

Jenifer

loveGoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 10:32 PM   #4
DisneyCruiser2008
DIS Veteran

Jenifer (lovegoofy) shared with me the template idea a while back, and it was SUCH a good idea..... having them all "premade" and ready to import makes using them a snap.... GREAT TIP!
*2001 WDW - CBR & DCL Bahamas Cruise (Disney Wonder) *2008 DCL 7 Night Mex. Riviera Cruise (Disney Magic) *June 2010 WDW 10 Day Trip - CBR and AKL *June 2011 DCL 7 Night Alaskan Cruise (Disney Wonder) *Disneyland - more times than I can count over the past 34 years!
Old 05-15-2008, 11:12 PM   #5
labdogs42

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyCruiser2008 View Post
I do. I love it. So far it is meeting all of my needs.... Do you want to just share tips on this thread, Jess?
Tips, tricks, hints, helps, whatever. I figure we should probably keep the layouts mostly on the layout thread, but if we want to share ideas or illustrate a technique, it would be great to see some of that here, too.

I am getting into the idea of templates for SBC+, too. I have made some of my own by using the photo boxes and gray shapes to mimic other kinds of templates. It is really cool. We could even upload them to one of those file sharing sites and share them. I think I'm going to make one of the Mickey head/Illuminations LO I did a while ago to share with everyone. We'll see how that goes!
Old 05-16-2008, 05:06 AM   #6
Lisa
OMG, I think I am going to pee my pants
Where is that evil devil smilie when I need it?
Aside from a near collison with a Tom Turkey flying across the highway the day was great!

One of my customers just started using SB+ and is over the moon over all it does. She has used several digital programs but says this offers the most options.
Next visit: Cruising 09/14
Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 05:19 AM   #7
jrsmom
DIS Veteran

I just got this for Mother's Day. I am a complete newbie to digital scrapbooking . So far I have just played with this creating page ideas without photos.

Vickey
jrsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 07:03 AM   #8
TiggerFamily
Love to scrap book

I love Story book +, I'm a CM consultant and I just got the Digital Disney CD. I've loaded it on and played with it but haven't really done any real pictures on it yet but I can say I'm loving it. We leave for Disney next week I can't wait to get home and really play with the program. Two of my great loves in one thing Disney and CM scrapbooking.
Next week at this time I'll be having breakfast with Tigger at CP.
1997 Disneyland Paris with DH, Easter Sunday
1998 First trip to WDW with DH, Grand Floridian and Swan
2004 WDW for my 40th b-day just DH and I, The BoardWalk
2006 First family trip to WDW, DS's first time, POP
2008 Family trip to WDW, Animal Kingdom Lodge
2010 Family trip to WDW, Yacht Club CL

2012 Family trip to Disneyland, Disneyland Hotel
TiggerFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 07:11 AM   #9
labdogs42

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiggerFamily View Post
I love Story book +, I'm a CM consultant and I just got the Digital Disney CD. I've loaded it on and played with it but haven't really done any real pictures on it yet but I can say I'm loving it. We leave for Disney next week I can't wait to get home and really play with the program. Two of my great loves in one thing Disney and CM scrapbooking.
Next week at this time I'll be having breakfast with Tigger at CP.
Ooooh, you luck duck! Headed to Disney AND you have the CM digital stuff in your hot little hands already!! I can't wait for June 1 so i can download the Disney stuff, too!!
Old 05-16-2008, 08:09 AM   #10
disneyfan2
Dreaming about a Mouse
Does anyone know how to use google

is the Disney digital all available on a CD or do you download each kit? Don't have SB+ yet, but i might have to get it in order to use the Disney stuff. Anyone download SB+ stuff to use with other programs? I use photoshop currently.
Old 05-16-2008, 08:27 AM   #11
labdogs42

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfan2 View Post
is the Disney digital all available on a CD or do you download each kit? Don't have SB+ yet, but i might have to get it in order to use the Disney stuff. Anyone download SB+ stuff to use with other programs? I use photoshop currently.
I don't think you can use the CM stuff in Photoshop, but I"m not 100% sure of that. I know that you don't have to buy the digital content CD's, they should be available for download on June 1. If the CD's came with the 12x12 pages on them, I'd buy them, but for now, it makes more sense for me to download the kits I want individually.
Old 05-16-2008, 10:53 AM   #12
disneyfan2
Dreaming about a Mouse

i agree, but if they offered a package with everything Disney Digital i would probably buy it.
Old 05-16-2008, 12:51 PM   #13
Memaw2Wm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by labdogs42 View Post
I don't think you can use the CM stuff in Photoshop, but I"m not 100% sure of that.
Apparently you can save the CM digi-stuff as .png or .jpegs (forget which) and then use them in Photoshop ... of course you have to have SBC+ to do that. Too bad CM doesn't offer the kits in a format usable by all digi-scrappers.
Memaw2Wm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 01:07 PM   #14
disneyfan2
Dreaming about a Mouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memaw2Wm View Post
Apparently you can save the CM digi-stuff as .png or .jpegs (forget which) and then use them in Photoshop ... of course you have to have SBC+ to do that. Too bad CM doesn't offer the kits in a format usable by all digi-scrappers.
i guess there would be less of a need to purchase SB+ then. I have photoshop but if the Disney stuff is well worth it, i will buy the SB+ and try it with my PSE.
Old 05-16-2008, 02:04 PM   #15
DisneyCruiser2008
DIS Veteran

One of the few things you can't do in SBC+ is tear paper... I wrote CM and asked them to add this feature -- they said they are working on it. In the meantime, this is a cool little site -- she makes paper tear templates in .png format -- so you can import them in and have "tears" on your LOs. I also bought the torn alpha -- thought it was kind of fun.

http://www.digitalpapertearing.com/s...ain_page=index

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: