Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 04-17-2008, 08:14 PM   #46
captinhookedondisney
HIDDEN MICKEY'S ARE EVERYWHERE
 
captinhookedondisney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: New York
Posts: 2,972

DCANOLI i was wondering if you have updated the BIGLIST since the new secrets were added?
__________________
Some have called me OCD and I'm Proud to be Disney OCD
captinhookedondisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 12:37 PM   #47
MAndrascik
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 85

Thank You!!!

WeatherbySwann that is FANTASTIC!!! My kiddies and I already printed out your note and will use eagle eyes to see what we can. Thank you so much!
__________________
MAndrascik is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 04-18-2008, 03:39 PM   #48
Dcanoli
DIS Veteran
 
Dcanoli's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Cumming, Georgia
Posts: 3,238

I just walked in and read the latest post by Weatherby...

I am about to head out again for Treat the Troops tonight, but when I get back, I will add his Parade secrets.

Everything else should be up to date.

I head back to Disney in September, so probably in August, I will start combing through that document to "de-personalize" it a bit (if that makes sense) and make it just facts, taking out everyone's personal information they left here on the boards....

Someone asked me to put page numbers in, so I'll probably do that, and someone wanted me to make everything bullet points instead of numbers, but my gosh--if I do that, the document might be 500 pages!!!!

Any other tips before I start working on cleaning it up more....I mean it's pretty OCD now...I'm just going to keep tweaking it for us.
__________________
9/01 First trip as an ADULT! POR ; 9/03 OFFSITE--The Grosvenor ; 9/05 Disney Wonder 4-Day, & Pop Century; 9/05 AS Sports ; 9/06 Pop Century ; 4/07 Spring Break--the OUTSIDE World; 9/07 Pop--FREE DDP & DSLR! ; 9/08 Pop Century ; 03/09 2-day FGF trip & Spring Training ; 9/09 Pop w/FREE DDP! 2/10 SMMC 3/10 Princess 5K! 3/10 Spring Training & FGF 7/10 D23 Private Events & TL! 8/10 WDP/tweet up 10/10 5K & MNSSHP! 02/11 Princess 5K & DAK Safari 3/11 DSMMC 5/11 Scavenger Hunt & Destination D 6/11 Wedding Trip 7/11 Mommy & Boys Trip

Dcanoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 05:04 PM   #49
AmandaSparks730
All shall know the wonder of purple summerHow do you document real life, when real life is getting more like fiction each day?Glitter-Sparkle Powah!
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Germany, the year 1891/Wanting to see SA again
Posts: 36,997

This seems like a cool thread.

We're going back to WDW in August (haven't been since '03) and bringing a newbie with us. Could you please send the Word doc?

broadwaylover4@verizon.net
AmandaSparks730 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 09:20 PM   #50
I~heart~Mickey
Mouseketeer
 
I~heart~Mickey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Port Angeles, WA
Posts: 190

Subscribing!!!!
__________________
me hubby

Silver Lake Resort (Off site) - 5/08

Beach Club Villas - 10/07

[img]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/iz6mrfqhlpinwkdu.png[/img]
I~heart~Mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 10:42 PM   #51
WeatherbySwann
Cacaw rawr
 
WeatherbySwann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 4,213

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAndrascik View Post
WeatherbySwann that is FANTASTIC!!! My kiddies and I already printed out your note and will use eagle eyes to see what we can. Thank you so much!
You're welcome!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcanoli View Post
I just walked in and read the latest post by Weatherby...

I am about to head out again for Treat the Troops tonight, but when I get back, I will add his Parade secrets.

Everything else should be up to date.

I head back to Disney in September, so probably in August, I will start combing through that document to "de-personalize" it a bit (if that makes sense) and make it just facts, taking out everyone's personal information they left here on the boards....

Someone asked me to put page numbers in, so I'll probably do that, and someone wanted me to make everything bullet points instead of numbers, but my gosh--if I do that, the document might be 500 pages!!!!

Any other tips before I start working on cleaning it up more....I mean it's pretty OCD now...I'm just going to keep tweaking it for us.
Sounds like a plan.

BTW, I picked up a copy a few weeks ago of The Complete Walt Disney World 2008 by Julie and Mike Neal and thought you might be interested in it . . . it's an EXCELLENT book and after the descriptions of every attraction it has "fun finds" that are perfect tie-ins with the "secrets" on this thread. The book isn't where I got the parade secrets that I posted (I found those myself ) but for instance, the book has nearly four pages (with two columns on each page!) just filled with fun stuff to look for in the line of Muppet Vision at DHS. Secrets like those plus tons of cool photos make it an awesome book . . . if you put all of the secrets from the book into the document, the document length might be doubled!
Just thought that people who like the stuff on this thread might be interested in giving the book a glance.
__________________
WeatherbySwann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 08:11 AM   #52
Dcanoli
DIS Veteran
 
Dcanoli's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Cumming, Georgia
Posts: 3,238

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeatherbySwann View Post
You're welcome!




Sounds like a plan.

BTW, I picked up a copy a few weeks ago of The Complete Walt Disney World 2008 by Julie and Mike Neal and thought you might be interested in it . . . it's an EXCELLENT book and after the descriptions of every attraction it has "fun finds" that are perfect tie-ins with the "secrets" on this thread. The book isn't where I got the parade secrets that I posted (I found those myself ) but for instance, the book has nearly four pages (with two columns on each page!) just filled with fun stuff to look for in the line of Muppet Vision at DHS. Secrets like those plus tons of cool photos make it an awesome book . . . if you put all of the secrets from the book into the document, the document length might be doubled!
Just thought that people who like the stuff on this thread might be interested in giving the book a glance.
Sounds like a great book; I'll have to look it up!
__________________
9/01 First trip as an ADULT! POR ; 9/03 OFFSITE--The Grosvenor ; 9/05 Disney Wonder 4-Day, & Pop Century; 9/05 AS Sports ; 9/06 Pop Century ; 4/07 Spring Break--the OUTSIDE World; 9/07 Pop--FREE DDP & DSLR! ; 9/08 Pop Century ; 03/09 2-day FGF trip & Spring Training ; 9/09 Pop w/FREE DDP! 2/10 SMMC 3/10 Princess 5K! 3/10 Spring Training & FGF 7/10 D23 Private Events & TL! 8/10 WDP/tweet up 10/10 5K & MNSSHP! 02/11 Princess 5K & DAK Safari 3/11 DSMMC 5/11 Scavenger Hunt & Destination D 6/11 Wedding Trip 7/11 Mommy & Boys Trip

Dcanoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 08:48 AM   #53
Dcanoli
DIS Veteran
 
Dcanoli's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Cumming, Georgia
Posts: 3,238

If Missy Bradford is on this thread, please let me know.

I have tried to e-mail you two different ways, and it keeps coming back as undeliverable.

Thanks!

Deb
__________________
9/01 First trip as an ADULT! POR ; 9/03 OFFSITE--The Grosvenor ; 9/05 Disney Wonder 4-Day, & Pop Century; 9/05 AS Sports ; 9/06 Pop Century ; 4/07 Spring Break--the OUTSIDE World; 9/07 Pop--FREE DDP & DSLR! ; 9/08 Pop Century ; 03/09 2-day FGF trip & Spring Training ; 9/09 Pop w/FREE DDP! 2/10 SMMC 3/10 Princess 5K! 3/10 Spring Training & FGF 7/10 D23 Private Events & TL! 8/10 WDP/tweet up 10/10 5K & MNSSHP! 02/11 Princess 5K & DAK Safari 3/11 DSMMC 5/11 Scavenger Hunt & Destination D 6/11 Wedding Trip 7/11 Mommy & Boys Trip

Dcanoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 09:02 AM   #54
PrincessAtta
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 184

Princess Meet and Greet

So frustrating...that even though we have a VERY clear post asking people not to request the list or subscribe, we still have a full 35% of the posts doing just that. Makes me nuts; so annoying.

We did the Princess meet and greet at Toontown rope-drop in March. The posted wait was 15 minutes when we walked in (maybe 5 parties in front of us). There was quite a little wait as the rope-drop crew was catering to a Make-A-Wish trip, but when we got in we had a GREAT experience, princesses really taking their time with each child.

When we walked out at 10:30 the posted wait time was already one hour!

Doing this first thing at Toontown opening really makes a big difference.
PrincessAtta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 09:11 AM   #55
Dcanoli
DIS Veteran
 
Dcanoli's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Cumming, Georgia
Posts: 3,238

Thank you Princess.

Yes, if you want our big list, please PM or e-mail: dcanoli@comcast.net! Thanks!

Deb

Another "secret:"

Take your kids to see the Fife & Drum Corp at the America Pavilion. They will call all the kids up to help lead the audience w/the Pledge of Allegience!
__________________
9/01 First trip as an ADULT! POR ; 9/03 OFFSITE--The Grosvenor ; 9/05 Disney Wonder 4-Day, & Pop Century; 9/05 AS Sports ; 9/06 Pop Century ; 4/07 Spring Break--the OUTSIDE World; 9/07 Pop--FREE DDP & DSLR! ; 9/08 Pop Century ; 03/09 2-day FGF trip & Spring Training ; 9/09 Pop w/FREE DDP! 2/10 SMMC 3/10 Princess 5K! 3/10 Spring Training & FGF 7/10 D23 Private Events & TL! 8/10 WDP/tweet up 10/10 5K & MNSSHP! 02/11 Princess 5K & DAK Safari 3/11 DSMMC 5/11 Scavenger Hunt & Destination D 6/11 Wedding Trip 7/11 Mommy & Boys Trip

Dcanoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 08:26 PM   #56
jgates
Must vow NEVER to toggle the tags again!!!!
Sometimes the TF only visits when you sleep...
Sorry, my Jag is in the shop this week!
Motel 6's #1 source for free online advert
 
jgates's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: WestCentral, WI, USA
Posts: 3,260

Thank you so much for the Virtual Earth Link. It is so unreal to scroll down through Main Street and see those cars parked right behind some of the buildings!
jgates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 08:58 PM   #57
PrincessAtta
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 184

Feeling like a grumpy old thread killer...

...figured I'd give this gem a bump and see what happens.

PrincessAtta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 10:20 PM   #58
FirstTimeDisneyDad
Mouseketeer
 
FirstTimeDisneyDad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Georgetown, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 318

subbing to come back later
__________________
Me DW DS (13) DD (11) DS (8)


April 2008 - First Trip to WDW - ASMovies
September 2009 - ASMu Family Suite
December 2011 - Port Orleans Riverside
April 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside


FirstTimeDisneyDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 10:50 PM   #59
Dcanoli
DIS Veteran
 
Dcanoli's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Cumming, Georgia
Posts: 3,238

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessAtta View Post
...figured I'd give this gem a bump and see what happens.

I can tell you what happens...I start sending out A BUNCH OF DOCUMENTS!
__________________
9/01 First trip as an ADULT! POR ; 9/03 OFFSITE--The Grosvenor ; 9/05 Disney Wonder 4-Day, & Pop Century; 9/05 AS Sports ; 9/06 Pop Century ; 4/07 Spring Break--the OUTSIDE World; 9/07 Pop--FREE DDP & DSLR! ; 9/08 Pop Century ; 03/09 2-day FGF trip & Spring Training ; 9/09 Pop w/FREE DDP! 2/10 SMMC 3/10 Princess 5K! 3/10 Spring Training & FGF 7/10 D23 Private Events & TL! 8/10 WDP/tweet up 10/10 5K & MNSSHP! 02/11 Princess 5K & DAK Safari 3/11 DSMMC 5/11 Scavenger Hunt & Destination D 6/11 Wedding Trip 7/11 Mommy & Boys Trip

Dcanoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 07:06 AM   #60
heatair
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 453

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcanoli View Post
I can tell you what happens...I start sending out A BUNCH OF DOCUMENTS!
Poor Deb.

Thanks!!!!
heatair is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:32 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: