Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-07-2008, 12:15 PM   #1
wickesy
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you tomorrow, you're always a day...closer to our next Disney trip
I will be opening a sack full of cards and fighting off the advances of lots of lovely ladies

That was one expensive holiday!: Day 8 – EPCOT

We were both up by 7:30 today and left the room at 8:15 for the short journey to EPCOT. We parked up in Amaze 31 and there was a short wait at the turnstiles before we were allowed in as far as the fountain.

Just before 9:00 the characters came out for the rope drop ceremony and before long we were on our way to Soarin’ where we collected Fast Passes with a return time of 9:54-10:54. From there we left The Land and walked across to The Seas With Nemo and Friends, which was a walk-on at that time of the morning and when we finished the ride we explored the Sea Base while we waited for the 9:45 Turtle Talk with Crush show.

Turtle Talk was totally awesome duuude and provided quite a few laughs courtesy of the children. One of the kids said that he had seen Crush in a movie in which Crush went down to Australia to which Crush replied “I did go to Australia once. I remember some kid called Nemo got lost and it took them an hour and a half to find him”.

After the show we went back to The Land and used our fast passes for Soarin’ where we just missed out on a pair of Year Of A Million Dreams Mickey ears. From Soarin’ we went on to Living With The Land, which was a 15 minute wait and then decided it was time for something to eat.

We went into Sunshine Seasons and Dad had a ham sandwich and coke and I had a chicken wrap and coke. With that hole filled we had a quick look around Mouse Gear and then made our way over to Ellen’s Energy Adventure where Dad dozed off a couple of times.

After Ellen we made our way round to the Rose & Crown pub in the UK pavilion at World Showcase where we got a coke each and took it back to Canada where we grabbed a couple of seats for the 2:30 Off Kilter show even though we had about an hour to wait.

The Off Kilter set was great and I will be making a point of catching them each time we come back. After they had finished we made our way out of the park and back to the hotel for a break.

Dinner plans for tonight were to go to Sweet Tomatoes so we left at about 5:00 and were there by about 5:30. We both started off with a large salad and then I had the Lemon Corzo soup while Dad had Canadian Cheese and Ham soup. Next up was pasta; Country Vegetable and Italian Sausage and pasta with Lemon sauce for both of us. Dessert was a couple of ice cream sundaes for Dad and I had a piece of corn bread. All in all great value at just over $12 each and this is another must-do for each time we come back.

Suitably stuffed we walked across to Office Depot where I finally picked up a case for my TomTom before making our way back to the hotel where the plan had been to watch the final baseball game of the 3 game series at Wide World of Sports but it didn’t appear to be on any of the channels available in the room so I typed up the trip report instead.

We were in bed by 10:00 ready for a very early start at the Magic Kingdom tomorrow.

Tomorrow: Day 9 - KTTK Tour & Fantasmic

I currently live in London until I have enough DVC points to stay at Animal Kingdom Villas every day of the year

Sep '92, Apr '07 - Contemporary Resort ~ Apr '08 - Animal Kingdom Lodge ~ Aug '08 - Grand Californian ~ Mar '09 - Saratoga Springs ~ Mar '10 - DLP ~ Jun '10 - Inaugural Baltic Cruise
Trip Reports: WDW April '07 ~ Canada August '07 ~ WDW April '08 ~ SF & Disneyland August '08 ~ WDW March '09 ~ Smokies August '09 ~ DLP March '10 ~ Jun '10 - Inaugural Baltic Cruise

Last edited by wickesy; 05-07-2008 at 12:52 PM.
wickesy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: