Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-27-2008, 05:20 PM   #631
CleveRocks
Rock 'n' Roller Coaster worshipper

DME only has access to your resort reservatin info 60 days prior to arrival. If you call before that, DME itself won't be able to help you.

You can always call 407-W-DISNEY to make your DME reservation, but if you want to talk to DME CMs, then wait until 60 days out.
Old 04-28-2008, 07:39 AM   #632
weluv M&M
Hooked on Disney

I just spoke with a DME representative and she said "USAIR has just joined on to be a paricipating airline at all resorts where resort check-in is available" What does everyone think? Should I trust this and book with USAIR? Has anyone had experience with doing a resort check-in with USAIR?

Thanks for a quick reply.....I am hoping to book flights today
weluv M&M is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-30-2008, 11:14 AM   #633
Opie Juan Cannoli
Never Been to Disney (except for the store at the mall)

bump
Opie Juan Cannoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 01:06 PM   #634
disneytriplets
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by weluv M&M View Post
I just spoke with a DME representative and she said "USAIR has just joined on to be a paricipating airline at all resorts where resort check-in is available" What does everyone think? Should I trust this and book with USAIR? Has anyone had experience with doing a resort check-in with USAIR?

We just returned from POR and we flew US Air. We were able to check-in our bags for our flight home.

April 2008 POR
Sept/Oct 2009 CR
Sept/Oct 2014 FW
disneytriplets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 09:01 PM   #635
stepdisney
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
I instantly turned into "one of those moms"
I think I'm going to start looking for ways to fit jive into my daily vocabulary

Does anyone know if Spirit Air has the resort bag check? I haven't heard it mentioned.

Thanks.

June 2000 1st trip off site~Oct. 2005 POP~ Aug/Sept. 2007 WL~Aug/Sept. 2008 AKL ~Aug/Sept. 2009 Kidani Village~Aug/Sept. 2010WL/Grand Gathering~ Aug. 2011 YC Aug. 2012 YC CL~Aug. 2014 AKL
stepdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 09:29 PM   #636
Chip 'n Dale Express
Can't stay put!
I met lots of DIS'ers during my purple-panted tenure
I'm just fine with being terrific instead

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepdisney View Post
Does anyone know if Spirit Air has the resort bag check? I haven't heard it mentioned.

Thanks.
The first page is accurate.
Old 05-06-2008, 09:37 AM   #637
Minnie Lor
I feel that same comaraderie

We are flying AirTran for the first time. They either let you choose your seat in-advance (for a fee) or you are allowed to choose it 24 hours in-advance when you check-in (for free).

Can my DH (he's staying home this trip) check us in and choose seats for us AND still have RAC print boarding passes for us on the morning of our flight?

Oct '99: CSR via SOG ~ May '02: CR via SOG ~ Nov '04: SOG ~ May '06: SOG ~ Dec '07: Pop for MouseFest ~ May '08: Pop w/friends ~
Oct '08: SOG ~ Dec '09: Pop for DIS-A-Palooza ~ Sep '10: Solo @ Pop ~ May '11: AKV for 15th Anniversary ~ Mar '13: Tokyo Disney
Minnie Lor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 07:31 PM   #638
rebe1968
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by weluv M&M View Post

I dont get any of this ..what does all this mean..I am going to WDW via usair in June once I get to the air port they also check into the Hotel for me as well..I am so confused..or do they give me special tags for my suitcasses .
Old 05-09-2008, 08:27 PM   #639
CleveRocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebe1968 View Post
I dont get any of this ..what does all this mean..I am going to WDW via usair in June once I get to the air port they also check into the Hotel for me as well..I am so confused..or do they give me special tags for my suitcasses .
Please read the first post in this thread.

Basically, you need to make a reservation for Disney's Magical Express.

You will receive paperwork and special luggage tags in the mail. You put one of these luggage tags on each bag you will check with US Airways (you'd do this at home).

Go to the airport. Check your bags with US Airways like normal. WHen you land in Orlando, skip baggage claim. Go to the Disney Welcome Center (they'll mail you a map). They'll tell you which bus to go to. You'll get a ride to your resort. When you get to your resort, you check-in at the front desk just like normal (DME does NOT check you in to your resort).

About 3 hours after you check-in at your resort, your DME-tagged bags will arrive at your room. They'll be brought inside your room whether you're in there or not.

The only way that your airline matters is for the way home. Some people can check-in for their departing flight in their resort lobby (and get their luggage taken care of at that point); these people are on "participating airlines." When they get off the bus at the airport, they don't have to check-in with their airline, since they already have boarding passes -- they just go right to the gate.

Other people have to bring their bags to the DME bus themselves; the driver loads the bags under the bus. They get their bags back when the bus drops them off, then they have to check their bags with their airline, like normal.
Old 05-11-2008, 07:36 PM   #640
mickey2000
Pin trader

If your not using ME (rental car) can you still check your bags in at the resort for the trip home?
Sorry if this was already answered !!
THANKS!
mickey2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 08:12 PM   #641
CleveRocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey2000 View Post
If your not using ME (rental car) can you still check your bags in at the resort for the trip home?
Sorry if this was already answered !!
THANKS!
Yes, you can. DME and Resort Airline Check-in are 2 separate entities. You are free to choose to use one or the other or both.
Old 05-11-2008, 09:31 PM   #642
cocowum
Have will cruise

Am I right in assuming that if my AirTran flight leaves at 7:00am I will not be able to use RAC? Thanks!
cocowum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 11:10 PM   #643
CleveRocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocowum View Post
Am I right in assuming that if my AirTran flight leaves at 7:00am I will not be able to use RAC? Thanks!
Correct.

RAC desks open at 5:00 a.m.; the transaction must be complete by 3 hous before flight time. Therefore, anyone with a flight departing before 8:00 a.m. simply can't use RAC.
Old 05-11-2008, 11:15 PM   #644
cocowum
Have will cruise

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleveRocks View Post
Correct.

RAC desks open at 5:00 a.m.; the transaction must be complete by 3 hous before flight time. Therefore, anyone with a flight departing before 8:00 a.m. simply can't use RAC.
Thanks.
cocowum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 08:39 AM   #645
Minnie Lor
I feel that same comaraderie

So is there usually a mile long at 5 am for the RAC? My flight is at 8:20. Should I even bother with the RAC or am I going to waste precious time by going to RAC?

Oct '99: CSR via SOG ~ May '02: CR via SOG ~ Nov '04: SOG ~ May '06: SOG ~ Dec '07: Pop for MouseFest ~ May '08: Pop w/friends ~
Oct '08: SOG ~ Dec '09: Pop for DIS-A-Palooza ~ Sep '10: Solo @ Pop ~ May '11: AKV for 15th Anniversary ~ Mar '13: Tokyo Disney
Minnie Lor is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: