Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-28-2008, 02:31 PM   #1
camara381
DIS Veteran

Cool Carolina & Sergio (camara381) PJ 9/5/09 II/LLS :( ~ TR Day 1

I have been a long time lurker on here and since I started a PJ on my other site I thought it would be a good idea to start one here too. There are a few details that I will leave out, just to avoid giving too much info away. its really exciting that I actually get to start one. I've been reading everyone elses for a while now, I just hope mine turns out as beautiful as al the other weddings I've seen. A lot of ideas I've gotten from other brides so thank you ladies.

Wishes Wedding
Location of Wedding: We will be having an offsite Catholic Ceremony the location is TBD we plan on making a trip to orlando around August to visit a few churches.

Cocktail hour: Italy Isola during Illuminations, Epcot

Reception: Italy Plaza (previously Italy Courtyard), Epcot

Colors: Ice Blue & White with silver Accents

New Colors: Ice blue, Champagne / Gold and Ivory

Date: September 05, 2009 Labor Day Weekend

Bridal Party:
Matron of Honor: My cousin J.
Bridesmaid: My good friend R.
Bridesmaid: My cousin S.
Flowergirl: My cousin S.

Bestman: My twin brother M
Groomsman: Sergio's Brother C.r
Groomsman: our friend J.
Ringbearer: My son .

How did you meet: Ummm...I was dating his best friend. He showed up one day at my work looking for my then boyfriend. My BF and I had just gotten into a fight because he was cheating on me I was crying as i walked to the bathroom and I ran into sergio, he wiped my tears and told me that he didn't like to see women crying, and that no man was worth it. 4 months later we started dating.

How/when/where did you get engaged: well it was very informal. We already had a civil ceremony a few yrs ago but being from a Catholic family it wasn't "real". We always talked about getting married "for real" and would go out ring shopping, we even went to bridal shows and open houses; We just never knew when it would happen. He decided we would get married in Disney after his first trip to WDW back in October. Then one Saturday we bought the ring and 2 days later we took a carriage ride and he gave me the ring, then went to eat at my absolute favorite restaurant (maggianos).

Us at the restaurant:

My Ring,:

How Many Guests: around 75
Wedding Coordinator: Heidi
Wedding Planner: Ken Weaver and his assistant Jennifer
Engagement pictures & Photography: Randy Chapman
Floral: Laura Kidd - Disney

Makeup & Hair: will be using Anna from Beaute Speciale
Honeymoon Plans: Royal Caribbean Cruise

Carolina * : DH: Sergio * DS: Marcel * DS: Aleczander * DDog: Romeo

Holy Redeemer Catholic Church/ Italy Isola / Italy Plaza / Living Seas Salon (LSS)
My Planning Journal September 05, 2009

Last edited by camara381; 12-27-2011 at 04:06 PM. Reason: updates
camara381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 02:34 PM   #2
camara381
DIS Veteran

tons of pictures:

Italy Isola:

Italy Plaza:

**The last few are borrowed from another brides' wedding on here M&M***

These are the 2 i am considering:

this is my new idea for the centerpieces:

Childrens Table: at the childrens party

I made the vase, myself and after many trials I am happy with this one. I created this as a mock, the finished product will be more tailored. I plan on wrapping the sticks with white ribbon and the rice krispies will be provided by Disney. I tried making them myself but it was a disaster the mickey heads were all deformed. there will only be about 5 kids so i am thinking 10 treats is more than enough. Oh and there will be some feathers in there that I bought from white aisle during their moving sale.

Guest book: the platter comes with a signing scribe that has a diamond point. The website says that you can cook and serve with it and it will not get damaged.

Ring Bearer Pillow: Except the ribbon will be a light blue (My son will be the ring bearer)

My Tiffanys Toasting Flutes: (my ultimate splurge, only because I will probably never use these again...since I don't drink)

Groomsmen will get these
:
**HAD TO REMOVE THESE, DON'T WANT MY BROTHER TO SEE**

My M&M's will be packaged like this: (WE WIL BE USING THESE FOR THE BRIDAL SHOWER)

The cake:
this may change only because my mother thinks it should not have cinderella or the castle.

This is the new idea for the cake: except it will be light blue instead of grey, ivory instead of white, with gold scrolls and it will be square

and lastly a mock up of my invitations:
Welcome party :

I want to send these out in boxes wrapped in ribbon I just haven't found the boxes

*These are the new invites, we will layer the inside with blue and white and put a ribbon and buckle.:

Oh I almost forgot these are the announcements we sent:

Holy Redeemer Catholic Church/ Italy Isola / Italy Plaza / Living Seas Salon (LSS)

Last edited by camara381; 12-27-2011 at 04:07 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-29-2008, 01:33 PM   #3
camara381
DIS Veteran

So just for fun I thought I would post pictures of my 2 babies:

My Son:

My Dog: (actually my brothers dog but we take care of him, so hes more ours)

Last edited by camara381; 12-27-2011 at 04:08 PM.
Old 04-29-2008, 01:41 PM   #4
Lindsay22
DIS Veteran

Everything looks great Cam!!! I love Isola!! I also love the sweater on the dog!!!

Lindsay22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 07:15 PM   #5
M&M126
A wish is a powerful thing, especially when it comes from the heart
Cant wait to meet you all and have some fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by camara381 View Post
Italy Isola:

Italy Plaza:

**The last few are borrowed from another brides wedding on here M&M***
These are the 2 i am considering:

Childrens Table:

I created this as a mock, the finished product will be more tailored. I plan on wrapping the sticks with white ribbon and the rice krispies will be provided by Disney. I tried making them myself but it was a disaster the mickey heads were all deformed. there will only be about 5 kids so i am thinking 10 treats is more than enough. Oh and there will be some feathers in there that I bought from white aisle during their moving sale.

Guest book: the platter comes with a signing scribe that has a diamond point. The website says that you can cook and serve with it and it will not get damaged.

Ring Bearer Pillow: Except the ribbon will be a light blue (My son will be the ring bearer)

My Tiffanys Toasting Flutes: (my ultimate splurge, only because I will probably never use these again...since I don't drink)

Groomsmen will get these:

My M&M's will be packaged like this: (not sure where or when I will give these out)

The cake: this may change only because my mother thinks it should not have cinderella or the castle.

and lastly a mock up of my invitations:
Welcome party :

I want to send these out in boxes wrapped in ribbon I just haven't found the boxes

Oh I almost forgot these are my Pre STD Postcards?!?!?!!?
Hey I know some of those pictures Italy was a great place for a reception. Your plans sound lovely so far. Good luck with the planning!

M&M126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 08:04 PM   #6
Lynn5700
WOO HOO I will be there

Your son is freaking adorable!!! all the girls are going to be chasing after him lol.

I love your ring,love antique looking jewelery!!!!

Ok the mickey rice cryspy treata are adorable!!! I love them!!!!

Everything look's great,love your colors.
Lynn5700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 08:05 PM   #7
camara381
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by M&M126 View Post
Hey I know some of those pictures Italy was a great place for a reception. Your plans sound lovely so far. Good luck with the planning!
Thanks. I hope you don't mind that I used a few of your pics your reception was just so beautiful, I can't help but show off your pics. If mine turns out half as gorgeous as yours I'll be happy.

Old 04-29-2008, 08:08 PM   #8
camara381
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn5700 View Post
Your son is freaking adorable!!! all the girls are going to be chasing after him lol.

I love your ring,love antique looking jewelery!!!!

Ok the mickey rice cryspy treata are adorable!!! I love them!!!!

Everything look's great,love your colors.
Thanks Lynn!!! He's already started with the girls...he came home the other day with phone numbers when I asked him he says they think I'm Hot!!!!!!!!!!

I always dreamed of having this huge 2 ct rock on my finger but i'm more vintage style and this one is perfect for me.

I can't wait to see how yours comes together...1 more week!!!! I hope you post pics of the at home reception too

Old 04-29-2008, 08:12 PM   #9
camara381
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsay22 View Post
Everything looks great Cam!!! I love Isola!! I also love the sweater on the dog!!!

Thanks Lin, I got a lot of inspiration from your sis.

Isn't my dog just the cutest Sometimes I wish I had a female- there is such cute close for them.

Old 04-29-2008, 08:13 PM   #10
Lynn5700
WOO HOO I will be there

Quote:
Originally Posted by camara381 View Post
Thanks Lynn!!! He's already started with the girls...he came home the other day with phone numbers when I asked him he says they think I'm Hot!!!!!!!!!!

I always dreamed of having this huge 2 ct rock on my finger but i'm more vintage style and this one is perfect for me.

I can't wait to see how yours comes together...1 more week!!!! I hope you post pics of the at home reception too
How old is he?? He really is a little cutie.

I so will...My PJ will not be complete until after the reception lol..
Lynn5700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 05:55 AM   #11
lov2b@disney
DIS Veteran

Everything looks great! Italy reception is going to be beautiful! It is such a lovely spot!

your son is adorable!

lov2b@disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 06:55 AM   #12
Alarose
Mouseketeer

Camara, everything looks BEAUTIFUL so far! I can't wait to see more pictues of you, your dress, shoes...EVERYTHING! Your ring is beautiful! You two are an adorable couple!

LOL, that is how I met my Fiance' also...he was simi-dating a friend of mine...but just a for a few weeks. We actually tried not to get together (because that dating a friend thing can get stickey), but they ended up tricking us into a triple date. Crazy how things work out!

Alarose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 07:12 AM   #13
camara381
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn5700 View Post
How old is he?? He really is a little cutie.

I so will...My PJ will not be complete until after the reception lol..
He's 11 and a handful

Quote:
Originally Posted by lov2b@disney
Everything looks great! Italy reception is going to be beautiful! It is such a lovely spot!

your son is adorable!
Thank you so much!! I have never actually seen it in person sometime in the next dew months when I go look at the churches I was thinking abot scheduling a Site Visit. I really want to see it.

Camara, everything looks BEAUTIFUL so far! I can't wait to see more pictues of you, your dress, shoes...EVERYTHING! Your ring is beautiful! You two are an adorable couple!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alarose
LOL, that is how I met my Fiance' also...he was simi-dating a friend of mine...but just a for a few weeks. We actually tried not to get together (because that dating a friend thing can get stickey), but they ended up tricking us into a triple date. Crazy how things work out!
Thats too funny, my ex was the compete opposite he was completely against us getting together and boy did he make his opinon know. Oh well Sergio eventually cut him off so that was that. I am glad things worked out for you

Old 05-01-2008, 03:11 PM   #14
DISNEY*lover
DIS Veteran

First off, I love your story. It's so sweet... not the fact that your ex cheated on you but how he approached you... you know what I mean.

It looks like you did quite a bit of your wedding planning already! Congrats! I love the Mickey Mouse rice krispy treat center pieces. May I "borrow" that idea?

Did you already "book" your date? I'm still waiting for that stupid 1 yr. mark before my chosen date to book it.

September 7, 2009 I married my best friend
Wedding Pavilion California Grill UK Lower
*PJ & TR!
DISNEY*lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 04:24 PM   #15
Mrsdisneyb2b
Disneymoon Here We Come!

Wow, I was just telling vinnie that I would love to have the centerpieces be the mickey rice crispy heads (WE LOVE them and the flip flop ones) but we didnt know how much it would be! we were planning on going to IKEA the two days before to get some vases anyway...
THAT LOOKS AWESOME!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: