Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK DVC Discussion
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-24-2008, 10:08 AM   #1
Pappy
Mouseketeer

notary public

re the extension sale for the old key west points has anyone found a notary public in this country and how much did they charge to witness your signature?
Old 04-24-2008, 10:23 AM   #2
UKDEB
Found the Tag Fairy's hangout
All whacked up on Scooby Snacks

DISboards Moderator

At least one firm of Solicitors in most towns will have one amongst their number who is a Notary Public. Try Yell.com.

October 1992 ~ Enclave Suites, I-Drive May 1996 ~ Omni Rosen, I-Drive October 1998 ~ Villa-Clear Creek August 2000 ~ Beach Club/Villa-Sunset Lakes July 2001 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge/Hard Rock Hotel/Villa-Formosa Gdns Christmas 2001 ~ Villa-Formosa Gardens October 2002 ~ Hard Rock Hotel/Villa-Formosa Gdns May 2003 ~ Portofino Bay/Villa-Cumbrian Lakes January 2004 ~ Ritz-Carlton Grande Lakes/Villa-Formosa Gardens July 2004 ~ Grand Floridian/Portofino Bay/Villa-Formosa Gardens December 2004 ~ Villa-Rolling Hills/Disney Wonder Cruise/BoardWalk Grand Villa/Contemporary April 2005 ~ Washington DC, Shenandoah, Blue Ridge Parkway, Charleston, Savannah, Royal Pacific Resort/Villa-Acadia Estates January 2006 ~ Reunion Resort/Royal Pacific Resort April 2006 ~ Celebration Hotel/NCL Jewel Cruise/Hotel Victor, Miami/Beach Cottage-Disney's Vero Beach October 2006 ~ Reunion Resort/BoardWalk Villa/Rosen Shingle Creek August 2007 ~ Saratoga Springs//Reunion Grande January 2008 ~ Saratoga Springs/Beach Club Villas/Reunion Resort November 2008 ~ BoardWalk Villas/Royal Pacific Resort/Saratoga Springs March 2011 ~ Celebrity Cruise/Veness Towers, a stone's throw from the Magic Kingdom November 2012 ~ Bay Lake Tower/Ritz-Carlton, Sarasota/Ritz-Carlton Destination Club, Jupiter/Saratoga Springs September 2013 ~ Kidani Village/Saratoga Springs May 2014 ~ Beach Club Villas/Wyndham Grand Bonnet Creek/Bay Lake TowerJanuary 2015 ~ Four Seasons Golden Oak/Bay Lake Tower
UKDEB is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-24-2008, 10:26 AM   #3
UKDEB
Found the Tag Fairy's hangout
All whacked up on Scooby Snacks

DISboards Moderator

Here's one in Leeds.

October 1992 ~ Enclave Suites, I-Drive May 1996 ~ Omni Rosen, I-Drive October 1998 ~ Villa-Clear Creek August 2000 ~ Beach Club/Villa-Sunset Lakes July 2001 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge/Hard Rock Hotel/Villa-Formosa Gdns Christmas 2001 ~ Villa-Formosa Gardens October 2002 ~ Hard Rock Hotel/Villa-Formosa Gdns May 2003 ~ Portofino Bay/Villa-Cumbrian Lakes January 2004 ~ Ritz-Carlton Grande Lakes/Villa-Formosa Gardens July 2004 ~ Grand Floridian/Portofino Bay/Villa-Formosa Gardens December 2004 ~ Villa-Rolling Hills/Disney Wonder Cruise/BoardWalk Grand Villa/Contemporary April 2005 ~ Washington DC, Shenandoah, Blue Ridge Parkway, Charleston, Savannah, Royal Pacific Resort/Villa-Acadia Estates January 2006 ~ Reunion Resort/Royal Pacific Resort April 2006 ~ Celebration Hotel/NCL Jewel Cruise/Hotel Victor, Miami/Beach Cottage-Disney's Vero Beach October 2006 ~ Reunion Resort/BoardWalk Villa/Rosen Shingle Creek August 2007 ~ Saratoga Springs//Reunion Grande January 2008 ~ Saratoga Springs/Beach Club Villas/Reunion Resort November 2008 ~ BoardWalk Villas/Royal Pacific Resort/Saratoga Springs March 2011 ~ Celebrity Cruise/Veness Towers, a stone's throw from the Magic Kingdom November 2012 ~ Bay Lake Tower/Ritz-Carlton, Sarasota/Ritz-Carlton Destination Club, Jupiter/Saratoga Springs September 2013 ~ Kidani Village/Saratoga Springs May 2014 ~ Beach Club Villas/Wyndham Grand Bonnet Creek/Bay Lake TowerJanuary 2015 ~ Four Seasons Golden Oak/Bay Lake Tower
UKDEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 01:36 PM   #4
jools
Mouseketeer

Check how much they charge before you make an appointment with them.

We have had to use a notary on 2 occassions in connection with property we bought in the US. First one ripped us off BIG TIME charge us £500 . He was the only one available that could do the work to meet the deadline we had. He knew it and had our backs against the wall.

Second one we used a couple of years later did exactly the same work as the first one and he charged us £60. I would recommend him only he has retired now.

Jools
jools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 03:06 PM   #5
mickeyuk
Earning My Ears

As I said in a previous post I bought in 1994 and they sent all my paperwork in the post to the UK for us to sign also asking for a notary public to sign....I got a solicitor to sign and stamp it ....sent it back and never had a problem...however having just spoken to member admin they said if you send your receipt with the paperwork regarding the OKW extension they will credit your 2009 dues with this amount.
I am not sure how this will work as everyone will be charged different amounts depending where they live in the UK, I am sure it will be more expensive in the south than the north.
I am lucky...we are going to Hilton Head in May and they said I can take my paperwork there to be witnessed without any cost....phew
Old 04-24-2008, 04:12 PM   #6
paulh
likes to have a beer
Guiness?

rember when we signed up,the notory justs walk in room stamped papers and was gone in a couple of mins,mut train to do that job
Paulh
been going since 1992 sayed offtite a few years then at ASMovies,ASmusic,ASsports,Pop,Caribiean beach.coranardo springs,port orleans,beach club,wildernes lodge,AK lodge,Vero beah,Hilton head island,Disneyland hotel ca,paradice pier ca and fav saratoga springs resort all in no particular order and how can i forget the disney 7 night cruise

"Fire. The Greatest Invention of Mankind. Beer. A Close Second."
paulh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 05:52 PM   #7
SammieG
I think i will have a teenage strop
Disneyholic

in the Uk you have to be a lawyer or a judge or something like that to become a notary public... its not usually their "only" job!

Or like my dad, some do it when they retire ...

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away....
SammieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 10:24 AM   #8
PhilUK
Mouseketeer

Try Here:

http://www.mynotary.co.uk/

Phil
PhilUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 02:50 PM   #9
Pooh&friend
We believe in the Magic of Disney, JimmeyBuffett and Boston Red Sox

Location: Worthing, West Sussex. ex Lancashire/Cheshire. Want to live in Margaritaville by the Port of Indecision, under a lone palm.

Wink Notary Public

You don't need to pay anything. We went last year and made an appointment with our vacation advisor, she in turn made an appointment with the legal team. It took just 10 minutes to sign all the documents and have it witnessed. End of story. Hope this helps.
Pooh&friend is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: