Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-21-2008, 07:22 AM   #16
Jason71
Brother to pirates and corsairs...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyGoofy26 View Post
"Tattoo Guy" and "Yeti Man" both frequent the Adventurer's Club whenever they are in town. I've yet to see the towel baby couple there, but really, I don't think a bar is an appropriate place for an infant.
Jason71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 12:02 PM   #17
Jenvenza
Ratted out her husband's lack of pony knowledge for a tag!

Wow, I have never heard of any of this beofre, but it is very interesting. But I have a question about the tatoo man....why is that something that stands out? Just because he has tatoos?
Jenvenza is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-22-2008, 11:35 AM   #18
MyGoofy26
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenvenza View Post
Wow, I have never heard of any of this beofre, but it is very interesting. But I have a question about the tatoo man....why is that something that stands out? Just because he has tatoos?
It's because he has SO many Disney tattoos. And tries to show off as many as possible.

We were gently warned about him at the start of the CP. Nothing bad, but Disney has a clothing policy that even men have to wear shirts in the parks at all times. We were given a heads up that sometimes he likes to try and take off his shirt to display even more tattoos so you'd have to go and tell him to put his shirt back on. (the warning wasn't totally about him - but about all men that try and take off the shirt because they're hot, and he was an example of someone easily recognizable that tries to do it)
Old 04-22-2008, 12:26 PM   #19
1DISNEYLVR
Mouseketeer

Wow, how strange.

All Star Sports March 1998 Beach Club Villas May 2003
Animal Kingdom Lodge May 2003 All Star Movies January 2004
Pop Century Sept/Oct 2004 Boardwalk Villas February 2005
Pop Century Sept/Oct 2006
Aug 2007 - POFQ - Alicia's dance team performed at MK!

Sep 2008 - Pop Century for free dining!
Oct 2009 Pop CenturyApr 2011 Cocoa Beach and AKV
1DISNEYLVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 03:23 PM   #20
Jenvenza
Ratted out her husband's lack of pony knowledge for a tag!

Quote:
It's because he has SO many Disney tattoos. And tries to show off as many as possible.

We were gently warned about him at the start of the CP. Nothing bad, but Disney has a clothing policy that even men have to wear shirts in the parks at all times. We were given a heads up that sometimes he likes to try and take off his shirt to display even more tattoos so you'd have to go and tell him to put his shirt back on. (the warning wasn't totally about him - but about all men that try and take off the shirt because they're hot, and he was an example of someone easily recognizable that tries to do it)

Gotcha. I was wondering about that one. Yeah, I dont want to see any guy at Disney with his shirt off - Unless maybe Capt. Jack.
Jenvenza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 06:07 PM   #21
mitros
I'm not nuts, I just appear to be
86 miles from the magic
The Tag Fairy will retire when people don't want anymore tags or she's asked to, whichever comes first :)

Sounds like Disney Cast Member Performers to me. They do the strangest things in the strangest places........Like the street performers at Disney Studios.
Old 04-23-2008, 06:58 PM   #22
Lowillian
Mouseketeer

I don't know anything about the towell baby couple, but I do know about the Teddy Bear lady. Her name is Lynn and she and her husband would come to the GF in the afternoons to listen to the piano and ochestra. Her husband passed away just before Christmas. She still comes to GF by herself. She has 4 daughters who don't see her very often. I've spoken to her. She's a little eccentric, but very nice. Kind of sad, really.
*Late 60s-71 - Several Day Trips to DL (I lived in SD) *Jan 1997 - Caribbean Beach (First Trip to WDW!) *Sep 1999 - Shades of Green Sep 2000 - Shades of Green Oct 2001 - Shades of Green/Polynesian *Sep 2002 - Polynesian Dec 2002 - Polynesian *Aug 2003 - Grand Californian (Honeymoon) *Apr 2004 - Polynesian *Oct 2004 - Polynesian *Apr 2005 - Polynesian *Jan 2006 -Animal Kingdom Lodge *May 2006 - Polynesian *Oct 2006 - Polynesian *Apr 2007 - Polynesian *Aug 2007 - Grand Floridian *Shades of Green Apr 2008*Aug 2008 - Polynesian*Jul 2009 - Wilderness Lodge*Apr 2010 - Polynesian *Dec 2010 - Wilderness Lodge
Lowillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 08:28 PM   #23
little1kry
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooke13 View Post

We saw them a few times, and I swear the next time I saw her, the towel was bigger. We were wondering if it keeps getting bigger like a real baby. Did it start off as a wash cloth, then a hand towel, then a bath towel?
I've never seen them, but your post really made me laugh. Thanks!

"One shoe can change your life."

2012 - Pop (Wedding planning)
2011 - POR & BW (Surprise engagement trip!)
2011 - AK
2010 - Pop (x2)
2010 - Poly
2009 - POR
2009 - Pop
2008 - SSR,
1999 - Offsite
1996 - Disney Institute (now SSR),
1982-1995 - Many trips. Thanks Mom and Dad!
1980 - first trip
little1kry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 09:18 PM   #24
Mikelly1221
DIS Veteran

I don't know anything about the towel baby, but I rode EE sitting next to the yeti man. He showed me a hidden Mickey, talked about the ride, and when the ride was over, he gave me a T-shirt. I thought he was giving out a Disney T shirt, so I thanked him, and walked off the ride. When I actually looked at the shirt, I saw it had a big mountain background and said "Yeti-man.com" and "I rode with the yeti man!" Cracked me up!

The towel baby story makes me sad-I feel bad for that couple.
Old 04-24-2008, 06:23 AM   #25
SandraVB79
I am a Jungle Cruise skipper groupie. Because I am. I really really am!

I haven't met any of them in person, but I have visited the website of the tattoo guy a couple of times. His house is SO Disney... the only thing he still needs is a monorail running around it!

A couple of years ago, when Beauty and the Beast was re-released in IMAX-format, I went to see it. In the theater was a woman, middle-aged, and she had bought two tickets. One for her, and on the other seat were about a dozen of dolls, all dressed like Belle. While waiting for the movie to start, she talked to the dolls, brushed their hair, ...
Really weird.

ETA: The last time I visited Disneyland, I had been reading/ posting on another Disney-related message board. Lits of people there lived near DL and meet there regularly, and I said I was also coming to the meeting that was going on while I was there. So, comes the day/ time the meeting is planned, and I go to the "meeting point", and when I saw those people, I turned around and went away. Some of them were SO freaky Disney-fans, so over the top, I was kind of embarassed to be seen with them.
To me, there are limits to how much "fan" one can be, and they were crossing those limits by far.
SandraVB79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 10:21 AM   #26
Brooke13
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowillian View Post
I don't know anything about the towell baby couple, but I do know about the Teddy Bear lady. Her name is Lynn and she and her husband would come to the GF in the afternoons to listen to the piano and ochestra. Her husband passed away just before Christmas. She still comes to GF by herself. She has 4 daughters who don't see her very often. I've spoken to her. She's a little eccentric, but very nice. Kind of sad, really.
I was just there in October and her husband was with her. Thats a shame.
Brooke13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 10:35 AM   #27
sarah_n_brian2006
No questions asked and they were pleased

To surprise you, I work at Publix part time and there is an elderly woman I work with who takes the free balloons home all the time. She has at any moment 100 or so. She cuddles with the ones at work and calls them her babies. It's kinda cute.
2012 - Off-site; 2011 - March (Mystic Dunes-off site), March (Science field trip chaperone), May Grad Nite Chaperone; 2010 - (Mystic Dunes-off site); 2010 - '10 Grad Nite Chaperone; 2009 - off-site (Mystic Dunes/niece's birthday); 2008 - Pop Century (2nd Anniversary); 2008 - Grad Nite Chaperone; 2006 - YC (Mini-Disneymoon); 2006 - off site (Engagement Gift from Aunt and Uncle); 2004 3x's - off site (Mystic Dunes); about 20 times before

sarah_n_brian2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 06:55 PM   #28
mitros
I'm not nuts, I just appear to be
86 miles from the magic
The Tag Fairy will retire when people don't want anymore tags or she's asked to, whichever comes first :)

Quote:
Well, I guess it takes all kind to make up this world.........
Old 04-24-2008, 07:04 PM   #29
Maria395712
DIS cast member/DIS vet/DVC member

I have senn the towel baby people many times at the GF and once at the park MGM also the teddy bear lady all the time at the GF I saw her husband in sept or oct with her that is sad. also i think I saw the tatoo man at the poly pool a man with disney tatoos all over him
maria
Maria395712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 01:09 PM   #30
rwrocksme
I turn towards the wall and moo

I don't know about the towel baby OR the teddy bear lady, but I think that the guy who's ridden EE 1245 times is AWESOME!!! Hmmm...can I beat his record for the Tomorrowland Transit Authority???
rwrocksme is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: