Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK DVC Discussion
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-20-2008, 06:57 AM   #1
jlbf06
Earning My Ears

Help/points wanted to book AKV May 09

After much deliberation we would like to arrange to stay in a savannah view studio at AKL for 5 nights commencing May 11th 2009.

When will I be able to arrange this (I know it may be a little early yet) and how should I go about it - would I advertise on this board for the points?

Also would anyone be able to advise me on how many points (roughly) etc I would need for this please?

Just one more thing - if we are looking at DDP would we be able to book that too, and would we have to arrange to buy passes to qualify for it? Just that we have a couple of days left from a few years back.

Sorry for so many questions, feel like such a newbie
jlbf06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 01:40 AM   #2
Boss Hogg
It's 5 o'clock somewhere
Tinky Winky isn't it?!
"How do you fancy it?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlbf06 View Post
After much deliberation we would like to arrange to stay in a savannah view studio at AKL for 5 nights commencing May 11th 2009.

When will I be able to arrange this (I know it may be a little early yet) and how should I go about it - would I advertise on this board for the points?

Also would anyone be able to advise me on how many points (roughly) etc I would need for this please?

Just one more thing - if we are looking at DDP would we be able to book that too, and would we have to arrange to buy passes to qualify for it? Just that we have a couple of days left from a few years back.

Sorry for so many questions, feel like such a newbie
I assume that you do not own DVC. If you are looking to rent points, if you rent from someone who owns at AKV they could book 11 months in advance, whereas someone who owns elsewhere it would be 7months.

If you are 100% decided on AKV I would endeavour to find someone who owns there, that way improving your chances of getting what you want.

As far as points are concerned, you'll need 13 per week night and 26 per night weekend (weekend nights being Friday and Saturday).

You may find someone on here who has points to rent, if not you would on the main DVC forum.

Pretty sure you need a "magic your way" pass for DDP, but don't quote me on it.
Old 04-21-2008, 02:31 AM   #3
Young Pooh
DIS Veteran

Sorry, no points to rent out but I can confirm that people using DVC points for a stay don't need to buy any tickets to get DDP. But, you will need to pay for the DDP.

You might find it difficult finding anyone with points ot rent for AKV as they are very popular at the moment. Why not consider one of the other DVC resorts - you can still go to AKV to see the resort and also the AKV units at the DVC sales centre at SSR.

Aug 1996 - Offsite July 1998 - Buena Vista Palace Sept 2000 - CBR, WDW Aug 2001 - DH, DLP July 2002 - Wyndham Palace Aug 2002 - NPB, DLP Aug 2003 - our first visit home to BCV & BWV June 2004 - SL, DLP Sept 2005 - SL, DLP Aug 2006 - SL, DLP Sept 2007 - BCV & SSR Sept 2008 - SL, DLP Aug 2009 - SSR & HRH Aug 2010 - NY, villa & VB
Young Pooh is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: