Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2008, 08:28 AM   #1201
MsStinkerBelle
Hittin' WDW Since Space Mountain was 'Coming Soon'

GORGEOUS pictures, NeverlandPixie!

Kona Cafe is my favorite place to eat at the Poly. I usually knock back at least one Lapu Lapu each meal.

Old 04-18-2008, 11:25 AM   #1202
Marc A.

DIS Veteran

just a quick question. Is their an indoor hallway to the rooms or do you open your door and you're outside???
do you know what I mean?
thank you

CR 1976,CBR SEPT. 03,ASMo MAY 05, CR OCT 07, DCL JUNE 08, POLY NOV 08 , AKV MAR 09 , Hilton Grand VC, SEPT. 09 , AKV OCT. 10 , DCL OCT. 10 , BLT OCT. 10 , BLT Jan. 11 , AKV AUG 11 , Pop May 12 , BLT Nov 12 , AKV Jan 13 , DCL Jan 13
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-18-2008, 11:28 AM   #1203
cara loves the poly
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc A. View Post
just a quick question. Is their an indoor hallway to the rooms or do you open your door and you're outside???
do you know what I mean?
thank you
indoor corridors
Poly Theme Park view club level Feb. 2011

My beautiful daughter on the balcony at the Poly
Old 04-18-2008, 11:29 AM   #1204
Marc A.

DIS Veteran

thanks for the quick response, much nicer w/ inside corridors

CR 1976,CBR SEPT. 03,ASMo MAY 05, CR OCT 07, DCL JUNE 08, POLY NOV 08 , AKV MAR 09 , Hilton Grand VC, SEPT. 09 , AKV OCT. 10 , DCL OCT. 10 , BLT OCT. 10 , BLT Jan. 11 , AKV AUG 11 , Pop May 12 , BLT Nov 12 , AKV Jan 13 , DCL Jan 13
Old 04-18-2008, 01:21 PM   #1205
CinderellyCinderelly
DIS Veteran

I posted some Poly pics over in my TR, I'll post them here later too!
Old 04-18-2008, 09:35 PM   #1206
SeaSpray

Frankly Scallop, I don't give a clam!
Loud people give me Skull Pain!
Call me "impatient"

Hi everyone

I finally took some time and just updated some of the Index links on Post #1. I've added more longhouse review links, and I also created 2 new links. One is called "Is the Polynesian really worth it??" and the other is "How hot and crowded is the Polynesian in the summer??". I posted links to many of the comments that some of you have made, on those 2 topics. I think many people who are researching the resort will find your experiences very useful.

Please let me know if you think anything needs to be added (or taken away, for that matter) to Post #1. Thanks!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~ Polynesian LVC July '10 ~ Polynesian LVC May '08 ~ RCI's 'Explorer of the Seas' Oct '07 ~ Polynesian LVC July '07 ~ Port Orleans Riverside May '07 ~ Disney Magic "Cruising Castaways" Cruise & Polynesian LVC Aug '06 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge May '06 ~ Polynesian LVC Oct '05 ~ Wilderness Lodge CL & Polynesian LVC July '05 ~ Disney Magic 10-night "Lost at Sea" Hurricane Cruise Aug/Sept '04 ~ RCI Bermuda Cruise '03 ~ Caribbean Beach '02 ~ Grand Floridian LV '01 ~ Caribbean Beach '01 ~ DisneyLand '95 ~ WDW '85,'78,'76 ~
[/center]
Old 04-18-2008, 09:49 PM   #1207
bunnyscootles
Mouseketeer

I think it looks great! I hope to add my review soon!! I can't wait - under 30 days now

Old 04-18-2008, 09:56 PM   #1208
SeaSpray

Call me "impatient"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunnyscootles View Post
I think it looks great! I hope to add my review soon!! I can't wait - under 30 days now
Looks like we'll be there around the same time. I can't wait either!!!!

~ Polynesian LVC July '10 ~ Polynesian LVC May '08 ~ RCI's 'Explorer of the Seas' Oct '07 ~ Polynesian LVC July '07 ~ Port Orleans Riverside May '07 ~ Disney Magic "Cruising Castaways" Cruise & Polynesian LVC Aug '06 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge May '06 ~ Polynesian LVC Oct '05 ~ Wilderness Lodge CL & Polynesian LVC July '05 ~ Disney Magic 10-night "Lost at Sea" Hurricane Cruise Aug/Sept '04 ~ RCI Bermuda Cruise '03 ~ Caribbean Beach '02 ~ Grand Floridian LV '01 ~ Caribbean Beach '01 ~ DisneyLand '95 ~ WDW '85,'78,'76 ~
[/center]
Old 04-18-2008, 10:15 PM   #1209
TDISFAMILY
Mouseketeer

Great pic NeverlandPixie

Thanks SeaSpray for making this a great thread

I love checking back to this every couple of days makes me wish I was there now

1st tripffsite Nov. 1989 2nd tripffsite Nov. 1993 3rd tripffsite May. 1995 (My grad nite)
4th tripffsite Dec. 2003 (Hubby's 1st trip) 5th trip: CB Sept. 2007 (Our son's 1st trip):6th trip:POLY Dec 2008(Family Grand Gathering)7th trip:CSR March 2011
Old 04-19-2008, 03:47 AM   #1210
Cinders Mum
DIS Veteran

missing the sounds and smells of the Poly today, not long now, just 23 weeks LOL !!!!
Old 04-19-2008, 07:33 AM   #1211
SeaSpray

Call me "impatient"

'Ohana - Character breakfast

We found the 'Ohana character breakfast to be a lot of fun. And surprisingly the food was very fresh, very plentiful, and very delicious! I say "surprisingly" because initially I wasn't too excited over the set menu, and any day that I'm having breakfast someplace other than the Kona Cafe isn't a good day, but we went because we were meeting friends there who have small children, and I decided to make the best of it!

Even though it's all-you-care-to-eat, it's not a buffet; the servers bring platters of food right to your table. If you want more of anything (or everything!) they will bring it to you. They brought out a fresh fruit platter and when I asked for a little more pineapple the server brought out an entire other platter of just pineapple. It was fresh and delicious! Even the Mickey waffles, which LOOKED adorable, were light and fluffy! The character interaction was very good, in my opinion.

I didn't take many pictures of this meal, but here are a few:

And you've got to love Mickey in his Hawaiian garb!

[/center]
Old 04-19-2008, 07:36 AM   #1212
johnsonet
DIS Veteran

Thanks for those pics SeaSpray!
I am taking DD and DNiece to the 'Ohana breakfast this summer and cannot wait. We haven't done many character meals in the past couple of years now that DD is a bit older, but this will be fun and convenient since we are staying at the Polynesian
Old 04-19-2008, 07:40 AM   #1213
SeaSpray

Call me "impatient"

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonet View Post
Thanks for those pics SeaSpray!
I am taking DD and DNiece to the 'Ohana breakfast this summer and cannot wait. We haven't done many character meals in the past couple of years now that DD is a bit older, but this will be fun and convenient since we are staying at the Polynesian
You're welcome, I only wish I had taken better and more pictures! It really was a fun experience, I know you'll have a great time

You know, the more I think about it and remember how nice it was, I'm considering booking it for our trip next month! It'll only be DH, DAunt, and myself, but I think DAunt would get a kick out of the characters. We're also doing Crystal Palace because she likes the Pooh and friends characters, and also Garden Grill. It'll be very convenient for us too, since we're also staying at the Polynesian

[/center]
Old 04-19-2008, 07:43 AM   #1214
johnsonet
DIS Veteran

We did Crystal Palace in August "for old time's sake". It was great. Just DD and me. I've always enjoyed the food there and the setting and the characters. I was texting DH pics the whole time (he was at home working) and we couldn't believe the difference in DD compared to all the photos from years past. She's as tall as Piglet now!
I'm going to look up info on Garden Grill. In over 20 trips we've never been there!!
Old 04-19-2008, 07:53 AM   #1215
SeaSpray

Call me "impatient"

'Ohana - dinner (no characters at dinner)

We've had dinner at 'Ohana several times over the years. We've always enjoyed it. I LOVE the salad with lime dressing, the glazed stickey wings, the veggies, and some of the meats. DH loves the shrimp whether they're the "old" shrimp on skewers, or the former shrimp in a bowl with spices, OR when we try the NEW shrimp on skewers next month! LOL

Here are pictures that have been taken at our various meals over the last couple of years. Please keep in mind that the menu can and does change at times. For example, the cheese potato casserole is no longer on the menu. Next month I'll get pictures of the new noodle dish that replaced. But these pictures will give you a very good general idea of 'Ohana at dinner time.

The bread pudding dessert, which I think is still being served there!

Hot, moist towels are brought to the table so you can wash your hands. I love this touch.

During one of our dinners, one of the cooks was standing at the open-fire grill and he was dancing around so we started to cheer for him. He came over to our table and posed for a picture with us. He was a good sport, a lot of fun, and a very big/tall guy!!!!

[/center]
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: