Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2008, 06:31 PM   #1156
paras4ri
Wishing upon a star........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliceacc View Post
For the price of a $50 or so registration fee, you can get a discount off your room ranging from 10-20%.

YOU NEED TO DO THIS!!!! It will save you several hundred dollars!!!
I'm sorry if this may be a silly question. If you want a AAA discount do you have to book through AAA?

Old 04-14-2008, 06:51 PM   #1157
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Quote:
For the price of a $50 or so registration fee, you can get a discount off your room ranging from 10-20%.

I joined AAA just for the Disney discounts! I don't even drive
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-14-2008, 06:53 PM   #1158
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by paras4ri View Post
I'm sorry if this may be a silly question. If you want a AAA discount do you have to book through AAA?
If you want a room only you can book through Disney. If you want a package with tickets or DDP you have to book through AAA. Alot of DISers have a good AAA agent they use though. Just ask around and they will gladly share their info with you!
Old 04-14-2008, 06:57 PM   #1159
Joshua_me
Today's Sustainable Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCV23 View Post
I've read of people taking along a router to use more than one laptop or even just to provide the ability to use the laptop in other parts of the room.
Yes. We did this at The Dolphin, (and have at other hotels not in The World) and two laptops worked just fine at the same time.... It should work at The Poly as well.... I don't see why not.

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.
-Eleanor Roosevelt
Old 04-14-2008, 07:11 PM   #1160
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyTraci View Post
I have two questions :

1. why is it that the poly has to share buses with the other deluxe resorts? I really dont feel that makes sense. Is the bus system as bad as the value resorts that have to share.

2. Does anyone feel that the room/price is worth it? $400.00 plus per night for seven nights is alot.

I am a single mom of one and really want to stay at the poly but not sure if all the extra money is worth it. Being on the monorail would be great. Because the bus system at pop was horrible and maybe a little bit better at CBR.
Not trying to start trouble or change the thread just needed some friendly advice.

thank you

I haven't yet stayed on property before, but being in the same situation I can tell you what I've decided and how I got here, and maybe that will help you.

I too am a single parent of DS4. This is our first solo trip, and since I don't drive I have to rely solely on Disney transportation. Since DS is young, he is going to be VERY tired and CRANKY so being on the monorail would be very easy. Living in NYC I know all about buses and kids and strollers . Not my thing. I decided to spend the extra money to have the convenience of the monorail. Like a PP said there is the other alternative of a Garden Wing room at CR. HTH!
Old 04-14-2008, 07:14 PM   #1161
polyfan60
Mouseketeer

I miss the Polynesian! We haven't been there in a while. It is a wonderful resort for whatever you are looking for.

Other previous trips include to the Polynesian and the Wilderness Lodge and Animal Kingdom Lodge

Universal Studios stays at Hard Rock Hotel and the Royal Pacific resort!

August 2003: Grand Californian Resort
Old 04-14-2008, 07:27 PM   #1162
BamaTigger
ANNUAL PASSHOLDER! 6 HOURS FROM DISNEY! 28th TRIP AND COUNTING!!!!

Hey all,

Just booked a GARDEN view for our July trip, and we have never stayed here before, so could yall tell me which buildings (longhouses) have these views??

Thank you!

TAKING FUR KIDS TO WDW? CHECK MY BEST FRIENDS PET CARE RESORT FAQ THREAD!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2552159
Old 04-14-2008, 08:02 PM   #1163
paras4ri
Wishing upon a star........

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
If you want a room only you can book through Disney. If you want a package with tickets or DDP you have to book through AAA. Alot of DISers have a good AAA agent they use though. Just ask around and they will gladly share their info with you!
Thanks - it will be room only so that's great to know!

Old 04-14-2008, 08:08 PM   #1164
BCV23

Loves the magic of the trains
Would enjoy a magical meal at the castle
Loves the name Hatuey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaTigger View Post
Hey all,

Just booked a GARDEN view for our July trip, and we have never stayed here before, so could yall tell me which buildings (longhouses) have these views??

Thank you!
All longhouses except for the two club levels have gardenview rooms. Some also have lagoon/MK views but all have gardenview. And gardenview at the Polynesian means stunning in our experience.
Old 04-14-2008, 09:56 PM   #1165
PiratesGirl
Mouseketeer

More Questions

If you requested a certain longhouse how did you do it (fax, phone call, request when you got there)? I also was wondering are the showerheads removable? I use one of those suction cup showerhead holders at home for the kids put it down low and it works great. I was wondering if I should bring it. They hate getting water in the face!

[img]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/bszv4v8uof0w72vn.png[/img]
Old 04-15-2008, 04:30 AM   #1166
Tess
DIS Vet - 1997
Still thinking happy little thoughts. . .
The Tag Fairy sees and loves Tess too!

Maybe. . .

Quote:

That may not necessarily be so--you will only receive a AAA discount IF there are rooms available at the AAA rate. We are AAA members and were not able to receive a discount on our GV concierge room this year. There were no AAA discounts available for this room category when we were traveling. It is not a given--just wanted to put that out there so there would be no disappointment IF there were no rooms available at the AAA rate for the vacation period of the poster and the room category desired.
Old 04-15-2008, 04:40 AM   #1167
Aliceacc
We had a wonderful time, but did have our moments!

Pretty much down to my hips on one side, but nice and perky on the other

GoofyTraci:

Here's a ballpark idea of what you can save with AAA. I did the math with a price averaging weekend and weekday prices during value season:

Poly; $350 per night x 7 nights x 15% off: save $367.50
Discounted Cost before tax: $2082.50

Contemporary: $280 per night x 7 nights x 15% off: save $294
Discounted cost before tax: $1666

Wilderness Lodge: $235 per night x 7 nights x 15% off: save $246.75
Discounted cost before tax: $1398.25

The previous poster made a great point about availability of the codes; you may have to be a bit flexible about your resort choice. But it's SO worth looking into!!!

One more option-- the one we eventually went for: we dropped one night off our trip (heresy, I know.) We're staying 6 nights-- but got a 7:10 am flight down, and an 8:15 pm flight out. So we're getting pretty close to 7 full days at Disney, and saving a decent amount of money off that last night.

numerous trips in college and one together in 1990 August 2008 and August 2009: Polynesian. August 2012: Beach Club Yacht Club in 2014!!
(Thanks, Disney Destinations, for your past generosity. And to the Beach Club staff for all their assistance in our 2012 medical crisis.)
Old 04-15-2008, 07:36 AM   #1168
MsStinkerBelle
Hittin' WDW Since Space Mountain was 'Coming Soon'

Fellow single mom here chiming in.

Quote:
1. why is it that the poly has to share buses with the other deluxe resorts? I really dont feel that makes sense. Is the bus system as bad as the value resorts that have to share.
Pop has a lot more rooms than the GF and the Poly combined. Whenever we took the bus from the Poly, it was never overcrowded. It definitely isn't as bad as the bus system at say the All-Stars (which is why we had a car when DD8 and I stayed there--I could NOT deal with the buses). I've found the bus rides from the Poly quite relaxing. Bus transportation from the All-Stars looks too much like mass transit.

Quote:
2. Does anyone feel that the room/price is worth it? $400.00 plus per night for seven nights is alot.
Like my late mother told me, worth is relative. But seriously, the room price is high however, being on the monorail and having boat access to the MK is indispensable for me. With being a single mom travelling, I really like having certain services at my disposal like room service, a calm counter service option like Captain Cooks (a must due to my Type-A personality and my daughter's PDD), bell services, and recreational options that I don't have to fight over for access. Add to that an on-site child care facility and more kids activites than you can shake a stick at and it the place is definitely worth it for us.

Quote:
I am a single mom of one and really want to stay at the poly but not sure if all the extra money is worth it. Being on the monorail would be great. Because the bus system at pop was horrible and maybe a little bit better at CBR.
Not trying to start trouble or change the thread just needed some friendly advice.

thank you
No problem at all! We save all year to be able to stay at the Poly. In our house, unless we can stay at the Poly for a few days the trip isn't worth it. And as a single mom, the longer you have to save for something the better. To ensure we can stay there, we even spend a few nights at Pop to hit the parks hard before checking in to the Poly for relaxation--plus it helps stretch the budget. My limit is usually 3 nights at Pop before we run screaming to the Poly.

Old 04-15-2008, 07:43 AM   #1169
darthvaderusa
Earning My Ears

Quote:
I have two questions :

thank you
While the amount is a bit much, you will enjoy the Poly without a doubt.

Also, don't forget the motor launces to the MK. It is a fun way to travel & the monorail to Epcot is a definate advantage.
Old 04-15-2008, 07:49 AM   #1170
MsStinkerBelle
Hittin' WDW Since Space Mountain was 'Coming Soon'

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiratesGirl View Post
If you requested a certain longhouse how did you do it (fax, phone call, request when you got there)?
I did mine via my TA each time. Every time the TA actually phoned Disney and had them note my request on my reservation. For my December ressie, it actually says on the paperwork WDTC faxed back what longhouse I requested. Remember, these are only requests--not guarantees. The check-in CM will try their best to grant your request and don't hestiate to remind them of your request at that time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiratesGirl View Post
I also was wondering are the showerheads removable?
I don't think they are. I just know the spray is adjustable. When I took the Terror Squad last august, my DD8 and my DN9 bathed in the tub because the shower head was so high.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: