Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK DVC Discussion
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-12-2008, 04:14 PM   #1
Welsh *Disney* Girlz
Mouseketeer

Any recommendations on DVC resellers?

Recently returned from WDW having done & loved the DVC tour.
We've now decided to buy some points and although we rang the Disney tour guide before leaving she hasn't got back to me. So......I've decided to look at the resale market and was wondering if anyone can recommend a reseller.
Also as I'm in the UK and they'll be in the US how are papers signed, monies transferred etc. And lastly, roughly how much are the costs involved with a resale?
Thanks
Old 04-12-2008, 06:40 PM   #2
CustardTart

I am sooo proud, happy, relieved and impressed - it's a great day...

Hi! We initially bought VWL points thro' The Timeshare Store who sponsor the DVC section of this site BUT it took soooo long as our first offer was refused by Disney and then it was rather complicated to transfer the funds. We had to pay closing costs of around $400...

Since then, we have bought direct thro' Disney over the phone with a credit card - after the complex resale procedure, I couldn't believe the straightforward simplicity!!! If I were you, I'd give your guide another call. If no joy, call DVC direct and explain that your guide hasn't returned your calls so they can reassign you. Our guide is called Bobby Corsello and always returns my calls, so maybe ask to transfer to him...

Good luck with whatever you decide - I hope you become a member soon...
Grand Floridian Resort & Spa - Christmas 1998 * Dolphin/Vero Beach - Easter 2000 * Polynesian - August 2001 * Grand Floridian Resort & Spa - August 2004 * Beach Club/DCL Wonder - May 2005 * Grand Californian Hotel - NYE 2005 * Polynesian - August 2006 * DCL Magic Western Caribbean - September 2007 * Yacht Club - October 2007 * Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa - December 2007 * Villas at Wilderness Lodge/DCL Wonder Double Dip - May 2008 * DCL Magic Mexican Riviera/Disneyland Hotel - August 2008 * Boardwalk Villas - October 2008 * Animal Kingdom Villas/Hard Rock Hotel Club - Easter 2009 * Bay Lake Tower/DCL Magic Eastern Caribbean & Tortola/Villas at Wilderness Lodge - September 2009 * Bay Lake Tower - June 2010 * DCL Magic Westbound Transatlantic - September 2010 * Old Key West - October 2010 * Sequoia Lodge/Paris - November 2010 * Boardwalk Villas/DCL Dream Inaugural Cruise - January 2011 * Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa/Villas at Wilderness Lodge - November 2011 * Boardwalk Villas - July 2012 * Animal Kingdom Villas/DCL Fantasy Western Caribbean - November 2012 * Boardwalk Villas/Bay Lake Tower - January 2014...
CustardTart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 01:53 AM   #3
squitty
With a little bit of Pixie Dust
Finds it hard to type with her eyes closed

Another big thumbs up for the Timeshare Store, we bought ours from them. Took from Oct to Dec for our contract to be sorted.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: