Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 04-12-2008, 12:32 AM   #1111
Twinsmomma
Mouseketeer
 
Twinsmomma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Washington
Posts: 185

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR Resort Fan 4 Life View Post
Yes there is. However on the ordering screens you need to purchase them separately, because they are not included with any of the items on the menu. So that is what I did whenever I would purchase something at Captin Cook's.
Fantastic! Thank you! I know french fries aren't the healthiest option, but hey, we are on vacation when we are there!! Thanks for the answer!!
__________________
Twinsmomma is offline  
Old 04-12-2008, 11:59 AM   #1112
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 39,674

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinsmomma View Post
Fantastic! Thank you! I know french fries aren't the healthiest option, but hey, we are on vacation when we are there!! Thanks for the answer!!
You're welcome.
CR Resort Fan 4 Life is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 04-12-2008, 12:18 PM   #1113
SeaSpray


Frankly Scallop, I don't give a clam!
Loud people give me Skull Pain!
Call me "impatient"
 
SeaSpray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 16,583

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybertea201 View Post
Thank you, I'm looking through the pictures right now, but I had to stop for a moment to say "Holy cow, how tall are you???" I can tell that you're tall by the height and angle of your pictures!!! My DH and I are both on the shorter side, so I think that's why I noticed the difference between our pics and yours!!!

P.S. I hope you're not offended by my question! I don't mean it that way, and both of my DSs are pretty tall, which I think is a nice thing!

Edited to add: I just looked at all of your pictures and I want to say I LOVE THEM! I swear we must've been standing in the same exact spots while taking pictures because so many of your pictures are of the same exact thing (even the pictures of the non-obvious things! LOL) as the pics I took. I can tell that you had a ground floor, garden view concierge room. Do you remember the room number?? Thanks again so much for sharing your pics! Oh, and I love the "tour" of the Great Ceremonial House, you really captured a lot of great angles and views, I felt like I was right there.
__________________
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*


*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
John Terry Craig Robby Mushu BrownFamilyVacations.com

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*













































































~ Polynesian LVC July '10 ~ Polynesian LVC May '08 ~ RCI's 'Explorer of the Seas' Oct '07 ~ Polynesian LVC July '07 ~ Port Orleans Riverside May '07 ~ Disney Magic "Cruising Castaways" Cruise & Polynesian LVC Aug '06 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge May '06 ~ Polynesian LVC Oct '05 ~ Wilderness Lodge CL & Polynesian LVC July '05 ~ Disney Magic 10-night "Lost at Sea" Hurricane Cruise Aug/Sept '04 ~ RCI Bermuda Cruise '03 ~ Caribbean Beach '02 ~ Grand Floridian LV '01 ~ Caribbean Beach '01 ~ DisneyLand '95 ~ WDW '85,'78,'76 ~
[/center]

Last edited by SeaSpray; 04-12-2008 at 12:25 PM.
SeaSpray is offline  
Old 04-12-2008, 03:19 PM   #1114
cybertea201
Earning My Ears
 
cybertea201's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaSpray View Post
Thank you, I'm looking through the pictures right now, but I had to stop for a moment to say "Holy cow, how tall are you???" I can tell that you're tall by the height and angle of your pictures!!! My DH and I are both on the shorter side, so I think that's why I noticed the difference between our pics and yours!!!

P.S. I hope you're not offended by my question! I don't mean it that way, and both of my DSs are pretty tall, which I think is a nice thing!

Edited to add: I just looked at all of your pictures and I want to say I LOVE THEM! I swear we must've been standing in the same exact spots while taking pictures because so many of your pictures are of the same exact thing (even the pictures of the non-obvious things! LOL) as the pics I took. I can tell that you had a ground floor, garden view concierge room. Do you remember the room number?? Thanks again so much for sharing your pics! Oh, and I love the "tour" of the Great Ceremonial House, you really captured a lot of great angles and views, I felt like I was right there.
Not Offended at all.
I am 6'1" tall. I was great, when we got there we were upgraded to the concierge room. If you walked into the Hotel, you have the three people who help you, then on the right you start to walk down the hall. i was the 3rd or 4th room down the hall. I LOVED IT.
Did you post your pics? Would love to see them.
__________________
1976 through 1985 Either Treehouses or Villas
1998 Disney Institute
2001 CBR
2007 Polynesian
2008 Disneyland Grand Cali / Disneyland Hotel
2009 Wilderness Lodge
2009 Off site
2010 Beach Club Villas
2012 Treehouse / Wilderness Villas
Aug 2014 Villas at Grand Floridian!!!!

cybertea201 is offline  
Old 04-12-2008, 03:45 PM   #1115
SeaSpray


Frankly Scallop, I don't give a clam!
Loud people give me Skull Pain!
Call me "impatient"
 
SeaSpray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 16,583

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybertea201 View Post
Not Offended at all.
I am 6'1" tall. I was great, when we got there we were upgraded to the concierge room. If you walked into the Hotel, you have the three people who help you, then on the right you start to walk down the hall. i was the 3rd or 4th room down the hall. I LOVED IT.
Did you post your pics? Would love to see them.

I was right, you're tall! Wow, that was an awesome upgrade, congrats on that! Thanks for explaining where your room was, I couldn't tell where it was exactly, but from the view of the foliage from your room I was pretty sure that it was at or near the close end of the building.

My pictures are all throughout this thread, including the very first post on page 1. Also, the rest of my pictures are on my website, the link is below in my signature.
__________________
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*


*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
John Terry Craig Robby Mushu BrownFamilyVacations.com

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*













































































~ Polynesian LVC July '10 ~ Polynesian LVC May '08 ~ RCI's 'Explorer of the Seas' Oct '07 ~ Polynesian LVC July '07 ~ Port Orleans Riverside May '07 ~ Disney Magic "Cruising Castaways" Cruise & Polynesian LVC Aug '06 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge May '06 ~ Polynesian LVC Oct '05 ~ Wilderness Lodge CL & Polynesian LVC July '05 ~ Disney Magic 10-night "Lost at Sea" Hurricane Cruise Aug/Sept '04 ~ RCI Bermuda Cruise '03 ~ Caribbean Beach '02 ~ Grand Floridian LV '01 ~ Caribbean Beach '01 ~ DisneyLand '95 ~ WDW '85,'78,'76 ~
[/center]
SeaSpray is offline  
Old 04-12-2008, 04:49 PM   #1116
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO
 
letthewookiewin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Keller, Texas
Posts: 4,876

Our family is going to be at the Poly in December. We are going to bring both of our laptops. (I just bought a laptop bag for mine with Mickey on it just for this trip.) I'm guessing that the internet access at the Poly is not WiFi, correct? If it isn't WiFi is there only access for one of the laptops at a time to be plugged into internet access?
Thanks in advance for any advice anyone can give me on this, so I know what all to pack with our laptops.
__________________
Me(38)DH(38) DS16 DS15 Bug R.I.P. 8/20/11
'81-OS/w parents; 3/94-OS/w HS band & met future DH; 7/00-OS,5th wedding anny; 3/04-CBR,DS's 1st trip; 10/06-WL,MNSSHP; 6/12-PC; 9/13-Swan/AKL SV; 5/14 DL; 12/14 SoG, Suz & I & MVMCP


"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
letthewookiewin is offline  
Old 04-12-2008, 05:42 PM   #1117
MsStinkerBelle
Hittin' WDW Since Space Mountain was 'Coming Soon'
 
MsStinkerBelle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Philly 'burbs
Posts: 2,490

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
I'm guessing that the internet access at the Poly is not WiFi, correct? If it isn't WiFi is there only access for one of the laptops at a time to be plugged into internet access?
Sadly, the Poly doesn't have WiFi yet. There is only HSIA (High Speed Internet Access) via Ethernet. I believe you can only have one laptop plugged in at a time (though I've got this nagging feeling there was an Ethernet 'hub' under the desk....). There is an Ethernet cable provided in the closet if you don't have your own--just remember to put it back in the bag at the end of your stay or you'll get charged for it.

HSIA at Disney is $9.95 per 24 hours of contiguous access. This means you first log in at say 9am, you can log in as many times you want so long as you log off by 8:59am the next day without being charged for an additional day. You can browse the Disney website for free while you're there.

Just an aside: if either of you has a broadband aircard like I do, definitely bring it. Much cheaper if you have your own access plus you're not 'chained' to the ethernet hookup.

We'll be at the Poly in December too! I love the Poly at Christmas--definitely nicer than PA at Christmas with better weather!
__________________
Proud Disney Company Stockholder
Grand Californian/DLR (Oct '10) Grand Floridian (Jun '10) Polynesian (Dec '06, Aug '07, Dec '08) Pop (Apr '07, Aug '08, Dec '08) POFQ (Dec '06, Apr '07) AKL(Dec '07)

MsStinkerBelle is offline  
Old 04-13-2008, 06:45 AM   #1118
kaysmommie
DIS Veteran
 
kaysmommie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 6,822

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybertea201 View Post
Not Offended at all.
I am 6'1" tall. I was great, when we got there we were upgraded to the concierge room. If you walked into the Hotel, you have the three people who help you, then on the right you start to walk down the hall. i was the 3rd or 4th room down the hall. I LOVED IT.
Did you post your pics? Would love to see them.
Love the pics! Now I'm thinking I don't want to go back to WL and want to go back to Poly again for a 3rd time. What and upgrade too.
__________________
Nichole
kaysmommie is offline  
Old 04-13-2008, 07:10 AM   #1119
cybertea201
Earning My Ears
 
cybertea201's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaSpray View Post
I was right, you're tall! Wow, that was an awesome upgrade, congrats on that! Thanks for explaining where your room was, I couldn't tell where it was exactly, but from the view of the foliage from your room I was pretty sure that it was at or near the close end of the building.

My pictures are all throughout this thread, including the very first post on page 1. Also, the rest of my pictures are on my website, the link is below in my signature.
LOVE!! the pictures! I love that place.
I've always wanted to stay at one of the monorail resorts. I've always stayed on properties. When we booked that trip we were booked for the Caribbean beach resort, then i told my wife, PLEASE LETS UPGRADE!! So glad we did.
__________________
1976 through 1985 Either Treehouses or Villas
1998 Disney Institute
2001 CBR
2007 Polynesian
2008 Disneyland Grand Cali / Disneyland Hotel
2009 Wilderness Lodge
2009 Off site
2010 Beach Club Villas
2012 Treehouse / Wilderness Villas
Aug 2014 Villas at Grand Floridian!!!!

cybertea201 is offline  
Old 04-13-2008, 08:39 AM   #1120
CdnDisneyLuvr
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 276

I can't wait for december to come!! I want to walk to the GCH so badly right now.
__________________
Next Trip:December 11th-19th 2008


"The magic of tomorrow lives inside of you"
CdnDisneyLuvr is offline  
Old 04-13-2008, 08:54 AM   #1121
mweldy
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1

2009 rates quoted way up

I booked a Garden View room for January 2009, during value season. The AAA agent didn't have 2009 rates so she called Disney directly. The rate quoted - and what I booked at -- is $465/night. That is up from this year's rate of $340. What a jump! I thought is was a mistake, but they rechecked for me.

That doesn't have a AAA discount yet. They haven't released those yet. But I really wasn't expected such an increase. Is this normal?
mweldy is offline  
Old 04-13-2008, 08:58 AM   #1122
Aliceacc
We had a wonderful time, but did have our moments!

Pretty much down to my hips on one side, but nice and perky on the other
 
Aliceacc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 11,344

HI and welcome.

They're giving you the highest possible prices. When the new prices are released in August, you'll be happy to see that they're probably a lot lower.
__________________
DH: me: DS (16) , DD (14): DD (11):


numerous trips in college and one together in 1990 August 2008 and August 2009: Polynesian. August 2012: Beach Club Yacht Club in 2014!!
(Thanks, Disney Destinations, for your past generosity. And to the Beach Club staff for all their assistance in our 2012 medical crisis.)
Aliceacc is offline  
Old 04-13-2008, 09:10 AM   #1123
CdnDisneyLuvr
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 276

Quote:
Originally Posted by mweldy View Post
I booked a Garden View room for January 2009, during value season. The AAA agent didn't have 2009 rates so she called Disney directly. The rate quoted - and what I booked at -- is $465/night. That is up from this year's rate of $340. What a jump! I thought is was a mistake, but they rechecked for me.

That doesn't have a AAA discount yet. They haven't released those yet. But I really wasn't expected such an increase. Is this normal?
Hi,

I honestly don't think that Disney will keep that price because of the fact that it is in value season . I agree with what the PP said, they probably gave you the highest price possible.
__________________
Next Trip:December 11th-19th 2008


"The magic of tomorrow lives inside of you"
CdnDisneyLuvr is offline  
Old 04-13-2008, 09:21 AM   #1124
BKMETV
DIS Veteran
 
BKMETV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Ontario Canada
Posts: 3,214

Fridge Size

I just spent the morning checking out the Garden Grocer's site

So how big are the fridges anyway...before I decide to order anything I better know if it will fit. I was thinking milk, yogurt, juice and pop.

1. Is that too much?
2. Will 1/2 gallon jugs of milk fit?
3. Are they the same size at all the resorts or will I have to ask the same question on the AKL thread?

Thanks
Ev
__________________
Ev

- Me - DH - DS 14 - DD 12


BKMETV is offline  
Old 04-13-2008, 11:53 AM   #1125
packerbeth
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 120

Just wanted to let you all know that I called to make an appointment for the Photopass session at the Poly, and they aren't taking reservations yet. We're arriving on 4/28 and I was told to call back about a week before we arrive. She said they haven't trained their photographers yet, but will be doing that before they are supposed to start on 4/27. I'll keep you posted!
packerbeth is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:19 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: