Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-08-2008, 09:18 AM   #1051
Disneylvr
Mommy of Madelyn, Ebay Addict and Happy Scrapbooker
No longer addicted to the Creek
We could watch Wishes every night

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicalEars View Post
Slightly off topic, but does anyone have a time machine I can rent or know of a witchdoctor that can fast forward time? I'm not asking for much, just skip April (nobody will miss it) so it can be May already. I've printed out pictures of the Poly and pasted them around the house, set up a hammock in the living room, and even asked my DW to wear a hula skirt but it's just not quite the same as being there. sigh
LOL! No way! I am going in just 9 days so no skipping April!!!!!
20+ Disney Trips Since 1985 - All Star Movies, All Star Music, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Caribbean Beach, Contemporary, Polynesian, Port Orleans French Quarter, Port Orleans Riverside and Wilderness Lodge
Old 04-08-2008, 09:51 AM   #1052
MagicalEars
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneylvr View Post
LOL! No way! I am going in just 9 days so no skipping April!!!!!
No worries, well take you along with us! Then we can travel back in time and you can go again in April. Hey....wait a minute....if we do that then we can go forward in time and do Disney, then travel back in time before we leave and then cancel our trip and save money, yet still have the experience! It's a win-win situation! Sure it might wreak havoc with the whole time continum thingy, but who cares, we'll leave that to the Disney Imagineers to figure out.

Hey, I somehow brought time travel into a Disney thread. I earn double geek points for that. My DnD friends would be so proud.

DH (Me) DW DD13 DD7 DD4
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-08-2008, 10:17 AM   #1053
Missus Toad
Amazing! She actually stays awake during the Hall of Presidents!

Thanks BCV and SeaSpray for the Tangaroa Terrace/Snack Isle info. It would be cool if they put a full-on lounge over there at TT. Drop the kids off at Neverland and go down some Lapu Lapus, listen to some live music. I mean Tambu Lounge is great but it's just so out in the middle of it all. I need another Captain Cook's Hideaway.

Most recent 8/21/13-8/31/13 at GF and Poly.

Old 04-08-2008, 10:18 AM   #1054
dlz
Mouseketeer

Need help requesting room

I am assuming that this is the correct discussion to ask for some help. We are staying at the Beachclub in June, Sun-Th.........well, that is just not going to be long enough for me. I have been working on trying to stay two more nights, F-S and I can't believe I booked the Poly! I am so so excited, since it is the only Deluxe (besides Wilderness Lodge which I would not stay at since I live in Cinti and need to feel like I'm in Fl, not Montana or home) we have not stayed at.

I booked a garden room for $399.00 w/out a discount! I am AAA and Annual Passholder so hopefully it gets a discount before my stay! Hard on the pocketbook. I need to get the most out of that money which means I need to request the best room possible that is in the garden view category! I would love to be close to the main pool, since I have teenagers and we are going to focus mostly on getting the most out of this resort for two days. Any help would be wonderful, and thanks for this thread it has been so very helpful to me.
Old 04-08-2008, 10:30 AM   #1055
MagicalEars
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlz View Post
I am assuming that this is the correct discussion to ask for some help. We are staying at the Beachclub in June, Sun-Th.........well, that is just not going to be long enough for me. I have been working on trying to stay two more nights, F-S and I can't believe I booked the Poly! I am so so excited, since it is the only Deluxe (besides Wilderness Lodge which I would not stay at since I live in Cinti and need to feel like I'm in Fl, not Montana or home) we have not stayed at.

I booked a garden room for $399.00 w/out a discount! I am AAA and Annual Passholder so hopefully it gets a discount before my stay! Hard on the pocketbook. I need to get the most out of that money which means I need to request the best room possible that is in the garden view category! I would love to be close to the main pool, since I have teenagers and we are going to focus mostly on getting the most out of this resort for two days. Any help would be wonderful, and thanks for this thread it has been so very helpful to me.
Hi there!

Both Samoa and Niue have garden views of the main pool and are real close to GCH, with Niue being right next to the GCH. You could also do Fiji as it has garden views of the main pool, but it's on the other side of the marina and a little farther away from the GCH.

I sent you a PM with info on Steve's site so you can get all the information you need.

DH (Me) DW DD13 DD7 DD4

Last edited by MagicalEars; 04-08-2008 at 10:39 AM. Reason: Didn't want to get in trouble. Not that I ever do......
Old 04-08-2008, 11:11 AM   #1056
Tinkerbellarella
I was all like, "Um, well...that's different

Subbing!

I'm so excited! The Poly is my DREAM resort and because of the Free Dining promo released yesterday, we were able to take the savings and upgrade from our original booking at the WL.

I'm not one to wish time away, but if only time would speed up a little bit (except for those of you with visits to the World between now and then).

We're booked in a Garden View room (which is fine by me; I'd have taken the broom closet with no sink if it meant staying here). It's just two of us traveling, both adults (best friends), no kids. We don't have to be near the pool, but we would like something with a balcony or patio (I know some of the 2nd floors don't have this). It would be nice to be in a quieter area, but we don't want to be 6 miles from the GCH either.

Your opinions on room requests would be greatly appreciated. I know they aren't guaranteed and I wasn't sure what to put, so here I am turning to the all-knowing DIS population for help. (ETA: I was thinking Tokelau or Tahiti.)

Thanks in advance!

Old 04-08-2008, 11:35 AM   #1057
TotalSnowWhite
DIS Veteran

Just got off the phone with Disney, and they'll be expanding the photo shoots to the Poly on April 27!! I am super excited. GF seemed like a nice backdrop, but the Poly?!?! Gorgeous!!

It also expands to Saratoga Springs on April 15.

Old 04-08-2008, 12:08 PM   #1058
MsStinkerBelle
Hittin' WDW Since Space Mountain was 'Coming Soon'

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotalSnowWhite View Post
Just got off the phone with Disney, and they'll be expanding the photo shoots to the Poly on April 27!! I am super excited. GF seemed like a nice backdrop, but the Poly?!?! Gorgeous!!
This is awesome! It'll be great for me and DD8 to do when we go for Christmas.

Old 04-08-2008, 12:30 PM   #1059
MHTeacher
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbellarella View Post
Subbing!

I'm so excited! The Poly is my DREAM resort and because of the Free Dining promo released yesterday, we were able to take the savings and upgrade from our original booking at the WL.

I'm not one to wish time away, but if only time would speed up a little bit (except for those of you with visits to the World between now and then).

We're booked in a Garden View room (which is fine by me; I'd have taken the broom closet with no sink if it meant staying here). It's just two of us traveling, both adults (best friends), no kids. We don't have to be near the pool, but we would like something with a balcony or patio (I know some of the 2nd floors don't have this). It would be nice to be in a quieter area, but we don't want to be 6 miles from the GCH either.

Your opinions on room requests would be greatly appreciated. I know they aren't guaranteed and I wasn't sure what to put, so here I am turning to the all-knowing DIS population for help. (ETA: I was thinking Tokelau or Tahiti.)

Thanks in advance!

We stayed in Tokelau and thought it was a great location. Not too far from the GCH, and a 5 -6 minute walk over to the TTC if you wanted to head to Epcot. We requested this building and a room on the third floor. We had both requests honored.

The Poly is beautiful...my fave!

Hold my umbrella while I find your poncho-May 2012 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...64&postcount=1
Disney Dining, DIS Meets, and WAIT-Why is that lady holding onto my husband?May,2010 TR http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...45&postcount=1
DON'T CRY OR WE'LL RIDE DINOSAUR AGAIN! March, 2010 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post35995716
A 16th Birthday/New Years Celebration(with 75000 of our closest friends) Dec. 2009 TR-http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=34927152

All Star Sports 2001 Coronado Springs 2003 Wilderness Lodge 2005 Polynesian 2007 POR- 2007 POR 2008 Polynesian 2009 Yacht Club 2009 POR 2010 Beach Club 2010 Polynesian 2012 POP 2013
Old 04-08-2008, 01:05 PM   #1060
Fabinva
Mouseketeer

We requested Tokelau and it was full upon arrival so we got room 2801 in Rarotonga, after upacking we decided it was not worth the hassle of repacking just to switch rooms but were regretting that almost towards end of trip, the room we got was too close to AC central unit? and we heard and felt (floor shaking noise!) and big bang every so often before AC would come on, never complaint about it but towards end of trip did get to us, at times the bang was so loud it would wake you up in your sleep. Does anyone else ever experienced something like this?
Old 04-08-2008, 01:10 PM   #1061
DiznEeyore
Donkey-Huggin' DVC Member
Dedicated Disney Scrapbooker
Thanks for un-confusing me

Quote:

Cool!!
Old 04-08-2008, 01:19 PM   #1062
torian
A whole day can be ruined with a bad cup of coffee

Quote:

photo shoots?!?!

can someone elaborate?
Old 04-08-2008, 01:46 PM   #1063
Angel16
Member of the 'Jambo! WildBunch'
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by torian View Post
photo shoots?!?!

can someone elaborate?
Yes, please I don't know what this is all about either.
Old 04-08-2008, 03:35 PM   #1064
HerdOHuds
Minnie is really just Mickey, but in drag!
A couple of buckets of beer were involved so I may be a little fuzzy on that!

[QUOTE=TotalSnowWhite;24328173]Just got off the phone with Disney, and they'll be expanding the photo shoots to the Poly on April 27!! I am super excited. GF seemed like a nice backdrop, but the Poly?!?! Gorgeous!!

Yippee!!!

Thanks for searching out that info! We will be there in December so now I know where our Christmas card photos will come from!!!

all 5 years old
Old 04-08-2008, 03:42 PM   #1065
MagicalEars
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel16 View Post
Yes, please I don't know what this is all about either.
Here is a thread that talks all about it....
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1703832

Basically you book a private Photo session with one of Disney's Photopass photographers. They will take somewhere around 20-40 pictures of you and your family in ideal locations around the resort. It used to only be at the GF, but it's become so popular that they are expanding it to other deluxe resorts. Others are now reporting that it's available at the Poly starting late April or early May. The photos that are taken during your session are added to your photopass card (you know, that little card that you use throughout the parks to have your pic taken.) to purchase later. You can book it 30 days in advance and it cost $50 for the sitting fee. However, if you pre-order the Photopass PhotoCD for $99 the sitting fee is then $25. The photocd puts ALL your photopass photos on to a cd(s) for you to do with as you wish. By pre-ordering the PhotoCD you get the advantage of going to the photopass website and editing your pics first with all kinds of Disney effects, then having them sent to you on the PhotoCD(s).

Pre-order info on the CD can be found here...
http://www.disneyphotopass.com/previsitcdplan.aspx

A good site with all kinds of photopass info is here....
http://stitchkingdom.com/photopass/

DH (Me) DW DD13 DD7 DD4
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: