Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2008, 11:05 AM   #976
MsStinkerBelle
Hittin' WDW Since Space Mountain was 'Coming Soon'

craquell and momsavealot, I've stayed in Samoa with a pool view (first floor) and didn't hear any pool noise at any time of the day. Maybe it's the thick sliding door glass--I'm not sure. The Samoa building is about a good 15 - 20 feet away from where the pool is. Yes, some folks are in there as late as midnight (my Terror Squad was among them ) but not any noise that I could hear. The loudest noise I heard was that from the fireworks at night.

Jrabbit910
, I've never seen the Poly pool severely crowded and even when there were quite a few folks, lots of small kids, babies and their parents were at the zero entry end. There's also a little water play area for the little ones right next to the volcano pool. And yes, there is a quiet pool between the Tokelau and Samoa buildings. As for the folks on the beaches for the fireworks, I've never seen it super-crowded but the main beach (the one in front of the volcano pool) does get quite a few folks. There are three (3) beaches at the Poly where you can see the fireworks. The beach next to Tuvalu and the one in front of Tahiti usually have less folks there during the fireworks.

Old 04-04-2008, 02:20 PM   #977
spaceace510
por favor mantenganse alejado de las puertas

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonet View Post
I LOVE your view, spaceace510!
here is another pic i've taken...much better view same room. Fiji longhouse second floor

DCL-Magic--Western: 7-2006 7 night
DLR-Grand Californian: 4-2008 4 night
DLR-Grand Californian: 7-2009 5 night

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-04-2008, 02:35 PM   #978
tete01830
Look at the lazy people in the lazy river...

Hello All!

Finally I will be staying at the Poly! I have been wanting to stay here for a while but have yet to stay! We have a MK view and I am soooo excited!!!Instead of asking what longhouse to recommend...Is there is a longhouse I should avoid? I would like to be near the main pool and obviously the GCH...

I will be at SoG from May 10-16 then Poly from May 16-21..Anyone else? I think a few tickers say so...
Old 04-04-2008, 03:19 PM   #979
craquell
Earning My Ears

I have always stayed in the Tahiti bldg w/ a MK view. I know a lot of people complain about how far away it is but it is NOT that long of a walk, 5 min TOPS and it is a beautiful walk. It is so peaceful and the boat horn is charming. I liked this spot for two reasons: QUIET and it is has a beach right out front. You cant beat your own beach front, MK view room!! you have sweeping views of the entire Lagoon. The rooms are huge and the bathrooms are larger than the original bldgs (have 2 sinks instead of 1). We went w/ our then 15 month old and loved it! dont let complainers about the distance sway you. the walk is not bad!
Old 04-04-2008, 06:00 PM   #980
mr.mike
DIS Veteran

Just adding that I never heard pool noise from our first floor volcano facing samoa room either.
What we did hear was the music from the electric water parade. We knew about the parade but never heard the music before and didn't know what it was at first. But it was so loud we left our room (which was the closest to the GCH) and walked down to the beach to watch.
Old 04-04-2008, 06:05 PM   #981
CdnDisneyLuvr
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by craquell View Post
I have always stayed in the Tahiti bldg w/ a MK view. I know a lot of people complain about how far away it is but it is NOT that long of a walk, 5 min TOPS and it is a beautiful walk. It is so peaceful and the boat horn is charming. I liked this spot for two reasons: QUIET and it is has a beach right out front. You cant beat your own beach front, MK view room!! you have sweeping views of the entire Lagoon. The rooms are huge and the bathrooms are larger than the original bldgs (have 2 sinks instead of 1). We went w/ our then 15 month old and loved it! dont let complainers about the distance sway you. the walk is not bad!
I 100% agree with what you posted. Last trip, we stayed in the Tahiti Building and LOVED it so much, that we requested it for our upcoming trip. The distance between the GCH is NOT much honestly. I really enjoyed hearing the music and looking at the beautiful flowers on my way to the GCH. If anyything, I love to be far away from the GCH, because of the walking.

Please, please, please do not let others tell you it's a long walk. It's beautiful.

"The magic of tomorrow lives inside of you"
Old 04-04-2008, 06:19 PM   #982
spaceace510
por favor mantenganse alejado de las puertas

also, you could do Fiji. it is close to the GCH. If you look in the pics i posted earlier, you can see the GCH on the right. The pool is close also...there are 2 ways to get to the GCH: walking next to the pool and and through CC. I loved it when i stayed

DCL-Magic--Western: 7-2006 7 night
DLR-Grand Californian: 4-2008 4 night
DLR-Grand Californian: 7-2009 5 night

Old 04-04-2008, 07:50 PM   #983
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher
Can't stay awake at night for the "hen parties"

A heads-up... Steve's site is back up tonight.

"Music... this is the favorite passion of my soul." ~ Thomas Jefferson
‎"Good wine is a necessity of life for me" ~ Thomas Jefferson

In memory of June. 09/04/06. "Keep the board going for me while I'm gone..."
Old 04-04-2008, 10:45 PM   #984
MagicalEars
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tete01830 View Post
Hello All!

Finally I will be staying at the Poly! I have been wanting to stay here for a while but have yet to stay! We have a MK view and I am soooo excited!!!Instead of asking what longhouse to recommend...Is there is a longhouse I should avoid? I would like to be near the main pool and obviously the GCH...

I will be at SoG from May 10-16 then Poly from May 16-21..Anyone else? I think a few tickers say so...
Congrats on the MK view room!

Yep, we'll be there from the 11th-17th!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNO4TE
Doh! You beat me to it. Yep, his site is back up. Woot!

DH (Me) DW DD13 DD7 DD4
Old 04-05-2008, 04:55 AM   #985
cassmat
Mouseketeer

So excited to be reading this...

We stayed at The Contemporary for 3 nights, Beach Club, (LOVE it). Now we are planning for December, 3 nights at The Polynesian, then 4 at The Beach Club! Great thread!
The Polynesain, Coronado Springs Resort and Beach Club!
2009: Beach Club Concierge!!

[img]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/3va29zcc5dz32eb4.png[/img]
Old 04-05-2008, 05:50 AM   #986
tete01830
Look at the lazy people in the lazy river...

Quote:
Originally Posted by craquell View Post
Thanks to evaryone for your responses! A little walk wont bother me. It certainly cant be as bad as our walk to our room at YC in March! The walk from the lobby to our room was soooo long! I really would like to have a beach for the little ones to run around. How are the views from the first floor if I requested that? Or would you sacrifice being able to walk out to the beach and go to a higher level?TIA!

Quote:
I was wondering what happened to the site! Thanks!
Old 04-05-2008, 07:07 AM   #987
johnsonet
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassmat View Post
We stayed at The Contemporary for 3 nights, Beach Club, (LOVE it). Now we are planning for December, 3 nights at The Polynesian, then 4 at The Beach Club! Great thread!
Congratulations! I hope you're doing BC first and saving Poly for last
Old 04-05-2008, 07:09 AM   #988
johnsonet
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by spaceace510 View Post
here is another pic i've taken...much better view same room. Fiji longhouse second floor

Ooooooooooooh! That is awesome!
I think I am in the mood for a split stay - at the Polynesian
Maybe 1 week in Tahiti and one week in Fiji
Old 04-05-2008, 08:29 AM   #989
CdnDisneyLuvr
Mouseketeer

Just a little thing to add onto my comment about Tahiti having two sinks. Apparently, there are some rooms in the Tahiti longhouse that only have one sink which is adjacent to the bathtub/shower.

"The magic of tomorrow lives inside of you"
Old 04-05-2008, 08:55 AM   #990
lovepooh
Mouseketeer

Has anybody booked at Poly through Magical Vacations?

Steve has them on his site and it says they have group discounts. We are going in October.

Does anyone know if the discount is better than AAA or the typical code that comes out for October??

CBR Feb 1995, All Star Sports April 1997, CBR April 1998, CBR May 1999, CR March 2000, CBR March 2001, CBR March 2003, Poly June 2004, BWV March 2005, Poly Aug 2006, SSR May 2007

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: