Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-03-2008, 08:35 PM   #961
typhoonlagooner
Big girls can wear water wings too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCV23 View Post
So many different responses on bathrooms.

The older buildings listed here do indeed have but one sink. However, the bathrooms are all one room. There is a wall within the bathrooms that afford the toilet some privacy.

Best I know that is the set up for the newer buildings as well except that there are two sinks.

When we've stayed in Rapa Nui (quite a few times), we've had an accessible room. Those rooms only have one sink.
You absolutely right... big error on my part. I was even looking at a floorplan when I wrote that. For conformation:

I had read that rooms in the newer longhouses do infact have 2 sinks in the room... not sure what the overall layout is in terms of those rooms.

Steve gave confirmation that his site will be pack up tomorrow (his monthly bandwith renewel)... perhaps we'll be able to confirm everything then.

Sorry for the confusion with my past post.
Old 04-03-2008, 08:49 PM   #962
MsStinkerBelle
Hittin' WDW Since Space Mountain was 'Coming Soon'

Quote:
The older buildings listed here do indeed have but one sink. However, the bathrooms are all one room. There is a wall within the bathrooms that afford the toilet some privacy.
Just wanted to add something to this. When I took the 'Terror Squad' (DD8, nephews and godsister) to the Poly in August, I brought a small compression rod and a plastic shower curtain to give some more 'privacy' to that small part of the wall that doesn't close in the toilet area. When we were ready to leave I just took it down and packed it up. Worked out great!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-03-2008, 09:02 PM   #963
BCV23

Loves the magic of the trains
Would enjoy a magical meal at the castle
Loves the name Hatuey!

Typhoonlagoon, no need to apologize. I picked your quote because it covered almost everything and was mostly accurate. I'm so impressed with your knowledge of the Polynesian since if I've understood your posts, you haven't stayed there yet.

The accessible rooms in Rapa Nui only have one sink but otherwise, the newer longhouses do have 2 sinks. But the layout is the same as the older longhouses from everything I've read. The accessible rooms are the only ones we've had in the newer longhouses.

Ms.SB, the "Terror Squad" ..... does that mean they will not be returning with you and your DD? Anyway, what a good idea with a group like yours. But I always though that privacy wall worked pretty well depending on who else was in the bath. For instance if my DH is in the shower, the wall works well for me.
Old 04-03-2008, 09:18 PM   #964
MsStinkerBelle
Hittin' WDW Since Space Mountain was 'Coming Soon'

Quote:
Ms.SB, the "Terror Squad" ..... does that mean they will not be returning with you and your DD?
They'll be returning but only if they're staying with their mothers. When I took all of them (which is why I drank a lot at the Poly), I had my DD8 and my DN9 who fight like brother a sister, the DN13 who argues with his brother (DN9) and kept pushing him out of the bed, my godsister who was a gem but had to yell at my DN9 a lot about his 'attitude' whenever he didn't win the group vote or was too hot and wouldn't use his money to buy a water mister like the others...did I mention I drank a lot? LOL! But I got free dining which is why I brought all of them. It was the first and probably only time they'd all get to go and stay at the Poly.

To this day a lot of folks wonder what drugs was I on when I took all of them to Disney.

Quote:
Anyway, what a good idea with a group like yours. But I always though that privacy wall worked pretty well depending on who else was in the bath. For instance if my DH is in the shower, the wall works well for me.
Thanks! And yeah, the wall works fine for me to and I wasn't going to bother with the curtain but considering how much my DD8 and DN9 fight all the time and are paranoid about one seeing each other 'nekkid' or 'on the toliet', I had to come up with the plastic curtain solution. Good thing I'm an engineer.

Last edited by MsStinkerBelle; 04-03-2008 at 09:22 PM. Reason: Screwed up the quote cut.
Old 04-03-2008, 09:22 PM   #965
BCV23

Loves the name Hatuey!

You are a stitch, Ms.SB. And a wonderful aunt as well!
Old 04-03-2008, 09:29 PM   #966
CdnDisneyLuvr
Mouseketeer

I should have stated this in my previous post:
When I stayed at Tahiti there was 2 sinks and it was all 1 washroom.

"The magic of tomorrow lives inside of you"
Old 04-03-2008, 09:38 PM   #967
BCV23

Loves the name Hatuey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CdnDisneyLuvr View Post
I should have stated this in my previous post:
When I stayed at Tahiti there was 2 sinks and it was all 1 washroom.
Oh, good. We have some confirmation on "regular" rooms in the newer longhouses! Thanks.
Old 04-03-2008, 09:45 PM   #968
WoodysRoundup

Quote:
Hi WoodysRoundup!

Did you have your first AKV stay yet?

Nope!........coming up in May with that AKV/Poly split. Ohhhhhhhh am I DYING to get back to our beloved Poly!!!!!!
Old 04-03-2008, 10:20 PM   #969
spaceace510
por favor mantenganse alejado de las puertas

WoodysRoundup--where did you that CR DVC thing for ur signature? That is so funny...

DCL-Magic--Western: 7-2006 7 night
DLR-Grand Californian: 4-2008 4 night
DLR-Grand Californian: 7-2009 5 night

Old 04-03-2008, 10:36 PM   #970
BCV23

Loves the name Hatuey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodysRoundup View Post
Nope!........coming up in May with that AKV/Poly split. Ohhhhhhhh am I DYING to get back to our beloved Poly!!!!!!
We're doing a AKV/Polynesian/BCV split in May. Maybe we can finally meet!
Old 04-03-2008, 11:17 PM   #971
buzz1fan
I Can't wait to be back!

Poly Cakes, pictures please!!

Has anyone ordered a cake to be sent to their room for a surprise? I want to do this for Fathers day, and I would love to see some pictures. I searched the cake thread, and not much came up at the Poly.
Old 04-04-2008, 08:52 AM   #972
craquell
Earning My Ears

Longhouse HELP!

We are returning to the Poly in a few weeks and we have always stayed in the Tahiti bldg w/ a MK view. The only rooms available during our trip are garden view. I requested Somoa, Third floor facing pool but am wondering if this is going to be a noisy room due to the pool. We have a 2yo who needs to nap in the middle of the day. I was also wondering about Fiji b/c you can get marina or beach view or Tokelau b/c I have read that some lucky people got rooms where they could see the castle and fireworks from their balcony. So any advice or pict would be so great!!! I am so disappointed we cant get a lagoon or MK view!
Old 04-04-2008, 09:01 AM   #973
johnsonet
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by spaceace510 View Post
I LOVE your view, spaceace510!

craquell Keep trying for a lagoon view or MK view! You never know what might become available.

I've always had very quiet rooms at Poly but have never stayed in Samoa. I can imagine that if you were pool facing it could be noisy during peak pool times...Good luck.
Old 04-04-2008, 10:39 AM   #974
momsavealot
DIS Veteran

same fear

Quote:
Originally Posted by craquell View Post
We are returning to the Poly in a few weeks and we have always stayed in the Tahiti bldg w/ a MK view. The only rooms available during our trip are garden view. I requested Somoa, Third floor facing pool but am wondering if this is going to be a noisy room due to the pool. We have a 2yo who needs to nap in the middle of the day. I was also wondering about Fiji b/c you can get marina or beach view or Tokelau b/c I have read that some lucky people got rooms where they could see the castle and fireworks from their balcony. So any advice or pict would be so great!!! I am so disappointed we cant get a lagoon or MK view!
Hi! I had the same fear (traveling with four kids but one is young and needs naps) so I stayed away from Samoa with pool view even tho I think my older kids would have enjoyed that. I had heard on the boards that people were in the pool as late as midnight (not that they were extremely noisy but I am a light sleeper and I worry about my little one waking up). I thought Fiji would be quieter and not that far of a walk from the pools. I also requested third floor b/c I want balcony and I would be happy with either a view of the marina or the beach. Good luck!
Aug. 2008 Polynesian Resort
Feb. 2006 Nickelodeon Hotel
(DD14) (DS13)(DS12) (DD8)
Old 04-04-2008, 10:42 AM   #975
Jrabbit910
Keep Calm and get your Sparkle on!!

Good Morning All Poly Lovers!

Hoping some people can give me thier opinions about the Poly Pool... How crowded does it get? Is it okay for baby & Toddlers? & Is it big? from the pics that I see it looks like its pretty small... Do they have any quiet pools? From the pics it looks like there might be one other, am I seeing right?

Oh and one more thing before I forget... How crowded does it get on the beach at night for watching the fireworks or water parade? I noticed alot of people recommend that and was wondering it is always filled w/ people other then the resort goers?

Thanks a million!

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: