Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2008, 11:38 PM   #946
spaceace510
por favor mantenganse alejado de las puertas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink rules View Post
Top floors will have the balcony's - 2nd floors especially on the older buildings do not...

Someone else who has been there more recently may be able to help more...

I always ask for the balcony along with my longhouse - I have been lucky to get both, but I go semi off season and I think it's a better bet then... no guarantee, but better...
when i was there, i was in Fiji longhouse. I was on the second floor. The first floor had a patio, but the second and third floors had nothing. They had a sliding glass door with a fence. You could hang out and everything, but there was no patio. It wasn't really that bad...
here is a picture

DCL-Magic--Western: 7-2006 7 night
DLR-Grand Californian: 4-2008 4 night
DLR-Grand Californian: 7-2009 5 night

Old 04-03-2008, 01:35 AM   #947
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

If I request a balcony and give 3 building preferences, what are my chances of ending up with what I requested?
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-03-2008, 06:23 AM   #948
typhoonlagooner
Big girls can wear water wings too...

Thanks for the croc/gator information....nice little fact of the day for me to remember! I always get them mixed up... to me their one in the same... big grean reptiles that eat things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwdancerwannabe View Post
Well, regardless of what they're called, has anyone ever heard of a sighting of these creatures in the lagoon? I think that's some info I may need to know ---- not too interested in coming across one!
I wouldn't count on it. Between the amount of "traffic" on the lagoon as well as the constant monitoring of patrol boats and fishing excursions... the croc/gator would be spotted and "relocated" immediately.

One afternon at AK, my mom had taken a smoke break over by the entrance to Africa. It's on this castle-like tower that butts up to the River. Sure enough... when leaning over the tower edge... there was a young croc/gator. I asked a nearby CM who said that it wasn't uncommon, especially at AK. They somehow get "pushed" from their terriroty and into the park. Once spotted, they try and relocate them far enough away from park boundries. When you think about it in terms of the Lagoon, there's no real threat surrounding the area compared to AK.... meaning no place for the croc/gator to come from.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotalSnowWhite
Funny Croc story...
My mom advertised a new/never worn pair of gold Mary Jane Crocs on Craigslist today (she can't find the receipt). The first call she gets is from a man who says he is interested. A little confused, she keeps talking. He asks her if they're real alligator skin or fake. He thought they were alligator boots!! When she told him they were Crocs brand women's shoes, he replied, "Oh, you mean the kind with the holes?" OK, I'm done being OT.

Their are balconies on both 2nd and 3rd floor rooms in Tokelau, Tahiti, and Rapa Nui. These 3 buildings were all part of the Polynesian's expansion following opening and therefore were constructed with 2nd floor balconies. All other longhouses have balconies on the 3rd floor only (Nuie is only 2 stories, no balconies at all)

If you were requesting in any of the above 3, I'd say your chances are better compared to requesting smaller longhouses with only 3rd floor balconies.

Last edited by typhoonlagooner; 04-03-2008 at 11:25 AM.
Old 04-03-2008, 08:05 AM   #949
BCV23

Loves the magic of the trains
Would enjoy a magical meal at the castle
Loves the name Hatuey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedWench View Post
I'm not sure when they stopped, but at one time you could swim in the lagoon. I know you could for sure in the 70s, dunno about the 80s.
Swimming was still allowed in the 80s as well. Our first stay wasn't until 83 and there were ropes up to mark the swimming area. I think it was early 90s when the signs banning swimming went up.

And from what others have posted, I don't think bacteria is the problem. There is a type of amoeba that lives in fresh water in FL. It can cause death if it makes it to someone's brain. It must not be a huge problem in Disney's waters as they do hold triathlons and the swimming portion is in Bay Lake. People have posted something about the ameba live in the silt and it's only when the bottom of the lake is disturbed....or something like that.

I know safetymom has posted info on this before.
Old 04-03-2008, 01:13 PM   #950
micandminforever
DIS Veteran

I have a question about bathroom sinks at the Poly, is their a longhouse with rooms that have two sinks or a sink and mirror outside of the bathroom? Thanks in advance.
Old 04-03-2008, 03:30 PM   #951
CdnDisneyLuvr
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by micandminforever View Post
I have a question about bathroom sinks at the Poly, is their a longhouse with rooms that have two sinks or a sink and mirror outside of the bathroom? Thanks in advance.
Hi!

I'm pretty sure that in all the longhouses, the sinks and mirror are inside the washroom with the toilet and shower. There are 2 sinks in every washroom.

"The magic of tomorrow lives inside of you"
Old 04-03-2008, 03:40 PM   #952
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by CdnDisneyLuvr View Post
Hi!

I'm pretty sure that in all the longhouses, the sinks and mirror are inside the washroom with the toilet and shower. There are 2 sinks in every washroom.
In Tokelau, the sink & mirror are outside the bathroom.

Old 04-03-2008, 03:43 PM   #953
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!

I'm not sure if the older buildings have the 2 sinks... someone who has been there more recently than me can answer.... I've had both in my stays...

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008
Old 04-03-2008, 03:54 PM   #954
francie
Mouseketeer

consierge question

hi, can anyone who stayed in the hawaii consierge bldg tell me if the music from the nightly mk fireworks is piped into the lounge? thank you
Old 04-03-2008, 04:13 PM   #955
typhoonlagooner
Big girls can wear water wings too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by micandminforever View Post
In Fiji, Tuvalu, Nuie, Samoa, Hawaii, and Rarotonga there is a bathroom with 1 sink and shower as well as another door leading to the toilet.

Newer contructed buildings, Tahiti, Rapa Nui, and Tokealu all have 2 sinks. I'm not exactly positive on the sink/shower/toilet layout though and whether there seperated like most Disney resorts (vanity area and seperate shower/toilet)
Old 04-03-2008, 05:51 PM   #956
Tess
DIS Vet - 1997
Still thinking happy little thoughts. . .
The Tag Fairy sees and loves Tess too!

Hi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by francie View Post
hi, can anyone who stayed in the hawaii consierge bldg tell me if the music from the nightly mk fireworks is piped into the lounge? thank you
Yes, it is and it's wonderful! You can also hear the music from the beach directly in front of the Hawaii building and around the quiet pool.
Old 04-03-2008, 06:22 PM   #957
CdnDisneyLuvr
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelTori View Post
In Tokelau, the sink & mirror are outside the bathroom.
Well than I stand corrected, sorry.

"The magic of tomorrow lives inside of you"
Old 04-03-2008, 06:33 PM   #958
LastLookAtTheCastle
You look like an Elvis fan.

Well, I called today and changed our Jan 09 res from Garden View to Lagoon View.

This far in advance, we can get that money saved, right? Tax rebate!
Old 04-03-2008, 07:21 PM   #959
BCV23

Loves the magic of the trains
Would enjoy a magical meal at the castle
Loves the name Hatuey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by typhoonlagooner View Post
In Fiji, Tuvalu, Nuie, Samoa, Hawaii, and Rarotonga there is a bathroom with 1 sink and shower as well as another door leading to the toilet.

Newer contructed buildings, Tahiti, Rapa Nui, and Tokealu all have 2 sinks. I'm not exactly positive on the sink/shower/toilet layout though and whether there seperated like most Disney resorts (vanity area and seperate shower/toilet)
So many different responses on bathrooms.

The older buildings listed here do indeed have but one sink. However, the bathrooms are all one room. There is a wall within the bathrooms that afford the toilet some privacy.

Best I know that is the set up for the newer buildings as well except that there are two sinks.

When we've stayed in Rapa Nui (quite a few times), we've had an accessible room. Those rooms only have one sink.

I seem to remember Tikiman posting some years ago that he had heard of some experimental rooms in Tokelau with the sinks outside the bathroom. I wonder if RachelTori had one of those elusive rooms?
Old 04-03-2008, 07:26 PM   #960
DaisyD
Nothing like crunchy milk in the morning!
Guess I'll be checking my swords with the luggage
I am a closet Ragamuffin eater!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwdancerwannabe View Post
Well, regardless of what they're called, has anyone ever heard of a sighting of these creatures in the lagoon? I think that's some info I may need to know ---- not too interested in coming across one!
I've seen them twice sunning themselves on the beach in front of the pool at the Poly. Both times were in the morning. I would guess one was about 3 ft and the other around 4 ft. Just another reason I won't let my daughter wade in that water. LOL!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: