Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-31-2008, 08:24 AM   #871
SA53
DIS Veteran

Thank you Seaspray,

We can't wait to be sitting on the beach drinking out of a pineapple

K in SA

Old 03-31-2008, 11:17 AM   #872
Beehn
Mouseketeer

This may have already been asked....but I can't find it so I'm asking again.
Are the hairdryers attached to the bathroom wall, or are they the regular kind you can plug in anywhere? We have stayed at the Poly 2x's before and I can't remember, but now that the family is growing I'll need to dry my hair at the desk and leave the bathroom for more urgent matters.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-31-2008, 01:05 PM   #873
BCV23

Loves the magic of the trains
Would enjoy a magical meal at the castle
Loves the name Hatuey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beehn View Post
This may have already been asked....but I can't find it so I'm asking again.
Are the hairdryers attached to the bathroom wall, or are they the regular kind you can plug in anywhere? We have stayed at the Poly 2x's before and I can't remember, but now that the family is growing I'll need to dry my hair at the desk and leave the bathroom for more urgent matters.
The hair dryers are now the regular kind so that should work well for you. They used to be units installed on the walls.
Old 03-31-2008, 01:53 PM   #874
Beehn
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCV23 View Post
The hair dryers are now the regular kind so that should work well for you. They used to be units installed on the walls.
Thanks for the quick response!
Old 03-31-2008, 01:55 PM   #875
DeborahB
Mouseketeer

It's cold and rainy here today in the northeast and I just made a warm cup of tea which I am drinking out of my Polynesian Resort mug. Ahhhhhh!
I'll be there soon!
Old 03-31-2008, 05:38 PM   #876
johnsonet
DIS Veteran

Just wanted to post a comment on this terrific thread that SeaSpray started
I just returned from Spring Break and Easter at the Polynesian We had a wonderful stay. I think our 4th time at the Poly. Second time in Raratonga and it was great. Garden View. It was awesome to see the monorail from our sliding glass windows. Just steps to quiet pool and Neverland Club.
The resort looked great and was less crowded feeling than AKL during similarly busy time last Spring. We had a WONDERFUL trip and several good meals (Kona b'fast and dinner and also Citrico's - YUM!)
Parks were awesome, EMH at MK made me feel like a genius , Flower and Garden at Epcot was better than last year (IMO) and we enjoyed the new Spaceship Earth.
Again, Poly was great but Housekeeping needs improving and I am not a fussy person. I need to write a letter... New Capt. Cook's was good. Touch screens took a tad getting used to but the place was CLEAN and efficient even when packed.
Volcano Pool and beach were fabulous as always.
For anyone looking forward to a trip to Poly you are in for a treat. We can't WAIT to go back! In fact, I should've booked while there to enjoy the 30% off they were offereing but dates were too ltd. for me.
Old 03-31-2008, 09:54 PM   #877
Mom2twinboys
Now mom to 3 boys

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonet View Post
Just wanted to post a comment on this terrific thread that SeaSpray started
I just returned from Spring Break and Easter at the Polynesian We had a wonderful stay. I think our 4th time at the Poly. Second time in Raratonga and it was great. Garden View. It was awesome to see the monorail from our sliding glass windows. Just steps to quiet pool and Neverland Club.
The resort looked great and was less crowded feeling than AKL during similarly busy time last Spring. We had a WONDERFUL trip and several good meals (Kona b'fast and dinner and also Citrico's - YUM!)
Parks were awesome, EMH at MK made me feel like a genius , Flower and Garden at Epcot was better than last year (IMO) and we enjoyed the new Spaceship Earth.
Again, Poly was great but Housekeeping needs improving and I am not a fussy person. I need to write a letter... New Capt. Cook's was good. Touch screens took a tad getting used to but the place was CLEAN and efficient even when packed.
Volcano Pool and beach were fabulous as always.
For anyone looking forward to a trip to Poly you are in for a treat. We can't WAIT to go back! In fact, I should've booked while there to enjoy the 30% off they were offereing but dates were too ltd. for me.
Just 5 more sleeps and we are on our way!! I am so excited and want to book the bounce back if they are still offering.

On a side not, one of my boys is sick with a flu/stomach virus. Please pray that he is feeling better before we leave and that my other sons will by some miracle not get sick.
Old 03-31-2008, 10:07 PM   #878
Omma
Mouseketeer

Pillows?

I'm sure this has been asked before but I coudln't find it. Can you tell me what the pillows are like at the Poly? Foam? Feather? Etc. Any info is GREATLY appreciated. TIA!

Poly - April '08 - The kids ask to go back every day.
Old 03-31-2008, 10:14 PM   #879
momsavealot
DIS Veteran

Finally finished reading this thread - yippee!

After days of staring at the screen and my dh calling me obsessed, I finally finished the 59 pages of this thread. I booked the Poly for this August and based on this thread, requested a GV room in Fiji 3rd floor. I forgot to mention Luau cove side so I'm not sure if I should call back or wait until closer to our date. Thanks everybody for all the advice and photos. I'm definitely subscribing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2twinboys View Post
Just 5 more sleeps and we are on our way!! I am so excited and want to book the bounce back if they are still offering. On a side not, one of my boys is sick with a flu/stomach virus. Please pray that he is feeling better before we leave and that my other sons will by some miracle not get sick.
I hope your son feels better soon - all that fresh Florida air will help him out! Just remember that if you bring meds, you should probably put them in your checked baggage b/c carry on is so strict with liquids now! Have fun!
Aug. 2008 Polynesian Resort
Feb. 2006 Nickelodeon Hotel
(DD14) (DS13)(DS12) (DD8)
Old 03-31-2008, 10:27 PM   #880
spaceace510
por favor mantenganse alejado de las puertas

i had Fiji second floor, marina view, and it was an awsome view! You could see the GCH and CR. Then if you took a short walk to the side of the marina you could watch Wishes.

DCL-Magic--Western: 7-2006 7 night
DLR-Grand Californian: 4-2008 4 night
DLR-Grand Californian: 7-2009 5 night

Old 04-01-2008, 01:15 AM   #881
sunny_stace
DIS Veteran

too big??

Hey guys, DBFF and I have finally set a date for our 2008 trip and since I have been wanting to stay at the Poly forever were finally considering forking over the extra bucks! I must say I do have a worry though...is it very very big? I remember the last few times we've gone to the Poly to look around or eat that we've gotten terribly lost amongst the longhouses! It wasn't horrible because its all very beautifully landscaped and a nice day and all, but I just worry about us out there in the darkn not being able to find our way home! I haven't seen one comment through this entire thread regarding this, and hearing you all love it so much makes me almost disregard it and go no matter what! Just wondering anyone's opinion on the matter! Also the last time we ate at Kona..the service was sooooo bad we wound up actually not eating since we never got any food! But all of you have such wonderful things to say it makes me very hopeful! It was a lunch on a slow day with very few staff and that was probably the problem right there!

In anycase, all of your input and info and photos have been wonderful and I'd just like to say thanks!

Last edited by sunny_stace; 04-01-2008 at 01:20 AM. Reason: emphasis
Old 04-01-2008, 06:30 AM   #882
TnTWalter
DIS Veteran

I'm sure you all know this but wanted to make sure...I was soooo excited to get a Lapu Lapu at the Poly last year only to find out that they only serve it for the Luau now. Boo Hoo.

April 2011 Offsite @ Bonnet Creek
June 2009 Offsite @ Windsor Hills followed by Beach Week @ Anna Maria Island
October 2007 Hawaii @ POLY
January 2006 Connecting Rooms @ POP 50s Sect.
Old 04-01-2008, 06:43 AM   #883
johnsonet
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Just 5 more sleeps and we are on our way!! I am so excited and want to book the bounce back if they are still offering.

On a side not, one of my boys is sick with a flu/stomach virus. Please pray that he is feeling better before we leave and that my other sons will by some miracle not get sick.
Hope everyone is healthy for your vacation! Good luck.
Old 04-01-2008, 06:45 AM   #884
johnsonet
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omma View Post
I'm sure this has been asked before but I coudln't find it. Can you tell me what the pillows are like at the Poly? Foam? Feather? Etc. Any info is GREATLY appreciated. TIA!
I cannot tell you exactly what the pillows are but I loved how THICK they were! Very squishy and soft. They must be a foam type material. Pretty heavy and could be balled up. Mine def. were not feather. They were comfy!
Old 04-01-2008, 06:49 AM   #885
SeaSpray

Frankly Scallop, I don't give a clam!
Loud people give me Skull Pain!
Call me "impatient"

Quote:

Yay for you, only 5 more days!! And I do hope that your DS will feel all better by then and that none of the rest of you come down with it. I hope you have a wonderful time!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omma View Post
I really can't remember, but they were very soft. I'm thinking they were feather, but not the kind where you can feel the individual feathers poking you through the covering. LOL Sorry that I can't remember for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny_stace View Post
Hey guys, DBFF and I have finally set a date for our 2008 trip and since I have been wanting to stay at the Poly forever were finally considering forking over the extra bucks! I must say I do have a worry though...is it very very big? I remember the last few times we've gone to the Poly to look around or eat that we've gotten terribly lost amongst the longhouses! It wasn't horrible because its all very beautifully landscaped and a nice day and all, but I just worry about us out there in the darkn not being able to find our way home! I haven't seen one comment through this entire thread regarding this, and hearing you all love it so much makes me almost disregard it and go no matter what! Just wondering anyone's opinion on the matter! Also the last time we ate at Kona..the service was sooooo bad we wound up actually not eating since we never got any food! But all of you have such wonderful things to say it makes me very hopeful! It was a lunch on a slow day with very few staff and that was probably the problem right there!

In anycase, all of your input and info and photos have been wonderful and I'd just like to say thanks!
Once you find out which longhouse you'll be staying in you quickly get used to the route going to and from it, and how to get to the GCH and the TTC from there. I don't think the resort is overly large or spreadout, and there are signs to point you in the right direction

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnTWalter View Post
I'm sure you all know this but wanted to make sure...I was soooo excited to get a Lapu Lapu at the Poly last year only to find out that they only serve it for the Luau now. Boo Hoo.
I haven't heard this before!!

Ok wait...as I was hitting the Submit button, I realized that today is April Fool's Day! I HOPE that TnTWalter was JOKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~ Polynesian LVC July '10 ~ Polynesian LVC May '08 ~ RCI's 'Explorer of the Seas' Oct '07 ~ Polynesian LVC July '07 ~ Port Orleans Riverside May '07 ~ Disney Magic "Cruising Castaways" Cruise & Polynesian LVC Aug '06 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge May '06 ~ Polynesian LVC Oct '05 ~ Wilderness Lodge CL & Polynesian LVC July '05 ~ Disney Magic 10-night "Lost at Sea" Hurricane Cruise Aug/Sept '04 ~ RCI Bermuda Cruise '03 ~ Caribbean Beach '02 ~ Grand Floridian LV '01 ~ Caribbean Beach '01 ~ DisneyLand '95 ~ WDW '85,'78,'76 ~
[/center]
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: