Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-26-2008, 11:21 AM   #736
brendalee59
DIS Veteran

We most likely won't use the pools this Dec while at the Poly. But will use the beaches,and monorail. My understanding when we booked, is that the monorail, beaches,pools etc were perks reserved for deluxe resort guests,who paid a pretty penny for them. I wouldn't usually worry too much about non resort guests using these aminities. I must admit the thought of these being crowded with non resort guests over the very busy holiday season does bother me. I expect the monorail to be crowded with Deluxe resort guests at park closing. Can you imagine how packed they will be with non resort guests using them as well? I personally, never even considered using the deluxe aminities when I was not paying for them. But that's just me. Guess there isn't anything to be done about it. We certainly won't let it ruin our vacation. Just don't think it's fair to those who budgeted for the deluxe and have to share with the folks booked in the value and mods.
Ok I'll climb down off my soapbox now. I didn't mean to get carried away here. On to more happy thooughts, Like planning our vacation
Old 03-26-2008, 11:40 AM   #737
MsStinkerBelle
Hittin' WDW Since Space Mountain was 'Coming Soon'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneylvr View Post
Well I WILL be swimming in April and I will not be happy if non-Poly guests are using the pool. I hope what you say is true, that Disney is managing the pool crowd level. From what I have read (non guests bragging about using the volcano pool) I have some doubts.
I wouldn't worry about it too much. I've read on the boards here a lot about how many people supposedly pool-crash at the Poly. From the two times i've stayed there, the pool was never crowded and the amount of people in the pool was pretty manageable even at around high-noon.

But I definitely share your sentiment about non-Poly guests using the pool. While I don't actively look for pool-crashers when I'm relaxing there, if they get on my radar I will handle it. But I haven't had it happen to me yet.

Most non-resort guests seem to drop by the Poly to dine and see the fireworks from the beach. And even when the Luau was over, I didn't see a mad dash to the pool. If anything folks were making a mad dash to the monorail or their cars in the parking lot to get back to their resorts.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-26-2008, 11:57 AM   #738
Disneylvr
Mommy of Madelyn, Ebay Addict and Happy Scrapbooker
No longer addicted to the Creek
We could watch Wishes every night

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsStinkerBelle View Post
I wouldn't worry about it too much. I've read on the boards here a lot about how many people supposedly pool-crash at the Poly. From the two times i've stayed there, the pool was never crowded and the amount of people in the pool was pretty manageable even at around high-noon.

But I definitely share your sentiment about non-Poly guests using the pool. While I don't actively look for pool-crashers when I'm relaxing there, if they get on my radar I will handle it. But I haven't had it happen to me yet.

Most non-resort guests seem to drop by the Poly to dine and see the fireworks from the beach. And even when the Luau was over, I didn't see a mad dash to the pool. If anything folks were making a mad dash to the monorail or their cars in the parking lot to get back to their resorts.
Thank you! I feel so much better. I was only worried about the pool because I myself have stayed at other resorts but have dined, visited and watched fireworks from the Poly before so I expect it.
20+ Disney Trips Since 1985 - All Star Movies, All Star Music, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Caribbean Beach, Contemporary, Polynesian, Port Orleans French Quarter, Port Orleans Riverside and Wilderness Lodge

Old 03-26-2008, 12:01 PM   #739
Mermaid_Ariel
Flippin' my Fins

Quote:
Originally Posted by senecabeach View Post
So...don't think you'll be doing too much swimming in December anyway.
I can't speak for previous December's but we were in Disney from December 10th - 16th 2007 and it was in the 80s all week and we swam until the sun went down! I know the week after we left it cooled down so maybe we were just very lucky.

All I know is I'm super-excited! I'm not going to worry myself about it while I'm there - I'll be having too much fun to care!
12/2008 Poly (DFTW & Disneymoon!)

December 12, 2008 My Disney Fairytale Wedding Planning Journal
SBP/'Ohana/Grand 1 Wishes Cruise

Old 03-26-2008, 12:15 PM   #740
suffolkprincess
Mouseketeer

A Plug for FIJI!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2twinboys View Post
Subscribing to the thread! I've been lurking. This will be our first stay at the POLY we have stayed at CR and GF. My DH and let our 5 yo twin boys look at the resorts online and asked them where they wanted to stay the pool and tropical them really lured them in. DH and I have been wanting to stay here as well!! We have a GV room and I have put a room request for the first floor on the volcano side of the pool per the UG recommendation. Is this a GV room? Does anyone have any better suggestions for a room request? TIA

If you didn't get a ground floor pool view, then Fiji on the Luau Cove side is great for little kids because they can play on the beach right there outside the room. It is both very close to the building and NOT busy, so very easy to use.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] POLY November 2006
Up Next: Spring 2008 at POLY or CR
Old 03-26-2008, 02:08 PM   #741
Mom2twinboys
Now mom to 3 boys

Quote:
Originally Posted by suffolkprincess View Post
If you didn't get a ground floor pool view, then Fiji on the Luau Cove side is great for little kids because they can play on the beach right there outside the room. It is both very close to the building and NOT busy, so very easy to use.
Thanks for the info!
Old 03-26-2008, 02:41 PM   #742
typhoonlagooner
Big girls can wear water wings too...

Just back from 4 nights at the GF and was surprised to find out he booked bounceback at the Poly while there

To be honest, I have some serious hesitations after our amazing stay at the GF, but I'm trying to go into this with an open mind!

How is the Poly when it comes to building requests? I know the usual "it depends on when you check-in, resort capacity, etc" but was curious if anyone did not have their building request met! We're in a GV room and would like to request Fiji but don't care what side or floor.
Old 03-26-2008, 03:24 PM   #743
suffolkprincess
Mouseketeer

room request experience at POLY

typhoonlagooner-- when we went in 2006 for "Jersey Week" we requested exactly this: FIJI, ground floor, Cove side. And got exactly that. They actually gave me a choice at check in-- "Are you *sure* you don't want a balcony on the marina side?" and I said... nope! And got a great room. We checked in around 12:30 pm on a Sunday and had taken ME to the resort.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] POLY November 2006
Up Next: Spring 2008 at POLY or CR
Old 03-26-2008, 04:34 PM   #744
typhoonlagooner

Quote:
Originally Posted by suffolkprincess View Post
typhoonlagooner-- when we went in 2006 for "Jersey Week" we requested exactly this: FIJI, ground floor, Cove side. And got exactly that. They actually gave me a choice at check in-- "Are you *sure* you don't want a balcony on the marina side?" and I said... nope! And got a great room. We checked in around 12:30 pm on a Sunday and had taken ME to the resort.
Hmm... great to hear! I really like the "private" aspect of the Fiji building with the location and beach area. Would love to be on Cove side, but no complaints either/or! Not sure if it's one of the more requested buildings or not...

We're checking in on a Monday (8/18) and as of right now it seems that "everything" is available at the Poly for our dates. I know that's subject to change but with checking in after the weekend rush, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the best!

I'd like to be as close as possible to the pool, CGH, and Marina compared to the TTC and trying to avoid the monorail side rooms.
Old 03-26-2008, 07:54 PM   #745
Mom2twinboys
Now mom to 3 boys

Quote:
Originally Posted by typhoonlagooner View Post
Just back from 4 nights at the GF and was surprised to find out he booked bounceback at the Poly while there

To be honest, I have some serious hesitations after our amazing stay at the GF, but I'm trying to go into this with an open mind!

How is the Poly when it comes to building requests? I know the usual "it depends on when you check-in, resort capacity, etc" but was curious if anyone did not have their building request met! We're in a GV room and would like to request Fiji but don't care what side or floor.
I am hoping to book a bounce back when we go (just 10 more days)!! What kind of a deal did you get? Do you know if the dates went past sept.? Any information is much appreciated. Thanks
Old 03-26-2008, 08:11 PM   #746
typhoonlagooner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2twinboys View Post
I am hoping to book a bounce back when we go (just 10 more days)!! What kind of a deal did you get? Do you know if the dates went past sept.? Any information is much appreciated. Thanks
We're currently "fighting" about what exactly was offered lol...

I seem to recall a bounceback offer for Deluxe resorts at %30 off for select dates in April and May and another for the villas at %40 off for select "value" weeks throughout the year.

Yet he's saying I had it backwards and most likely he's right since he did book it lol: %30 off standard deluxe for select weeks throughout the year. He said there were no dates after early September though. We managed to get the Poly (GV) at %30 off for 6 nights in August.
Old 03-27-2008, 08:23 AM   #747
magic2go
Mouseketeer

Hi There!

We booked the Poly on bounceback too - there were dates available through labor day (that's when we're going), but nothing for Oct - which was our first choice.

We ended up with a 30% off rack rate and booked garden view.

- Kathie's Blog What Now?!?!?

Old 03-27-2008, 09:52 AM   #748
ALittleDisneyFan
DIS Veteran

It's official! We are booked for the Poly! WOO HOO!!!

Mommy to a 5-yr-old Princess!

10/2006 ~ CSR
12/2009 ~ CSR
12/2010 ~ CSR
09/2011 ~ WL
10/2012 ~ Unsure!!
+ 4 childhood trips!

Old 03-27-2008, 10:08 AM   #749
megal0331
Mouseketeer

Is the luau the same thing as the Dinner of Aloha Show? I'm sorry...I have no idea!

I make customized mini scrapbook albums and mini autograph albums! Perfect for your upcoming Disney trip! Contact me for details! http://wearefullofscrap.blogspot.com

Polynesian - First Time Ever!!! (April 2008)
POFQ - Spur of the Moment Day Trip (May 2008)
SOG - 2-Day Trip (August 2008)
SOG - One night trip for the Epcot Food & Wine Fest (10/17/08)
Bonnet Creek by Wyndham (February 2009)
AKL/WL (Spring 2009)
CBR (July 2009)
Nick Hotel (September 2009 YUCK!)
AKL (Thanksgiving 2009)
Old 03-27-2008, 10:46 AM   #750
Mom2twinboys
Now mom to 3 boys

Quote:
Originally Posted by typhoonlagooner View Post
We're currently "fighting" about what exactly was offered lol...

I seem to recall a bounceback offer for Deluxe resorts at %30 off for select dates in April and May and another for the villas at %40 off for select "value" weeks throughout the year.

Yet he's saying I had it backwards and most likely he's right since he did book it lol: %30 off standard deluxe for select weeks throughout the year. He said there were no dates after early September though. We managed to get the Poly (GV) at %30 off for 6 nights in August.
Thanks!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: