Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2008, 09:03 PM   #691
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

I have decided to sacrifice my 20% code and take a 10% AAA discount just to stay at the Poly. My heart is set on it, and I don't think I'll really be happy anywhere else. If/when AP rates come out, it will probably work out to be 20% or better anyway

Woohoo for the Poly!
Old 03-24-2008, 09:39 PM   #692
cmesq61
DIS Veteran

Other transportation ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaSpray View Post
Unfortunately it's true that you can't take a wheelchair onto the resort launch at the Polynesian. I use an ECV while at WDW and I have to "drive" from our longhouse to the ground floor of the GCH, then take the elevator up to the second floor, then I can "drive" out to the monorail. I love the monorail, but since we've always stayed in the Hawaii building which is closer to the marina than it is to the GCH, it's a little more out of our way than the boat would be.

If you get a room closer to TTC than to the GCH then you can hop on either monorail (express or resort), to get to the MK. And then yes, you'd have to walk to your longhouse from the TTC. At least you'd be close to the MK monorail AND the Epcot monorail though.
Thanks for the info, SeaSpray. I was wondering about water transportation and ECVs since I will be using one in September, staying at the Poly. I have read that not all busses are ECV accessible. In your experience about how long is the wait on average for an ECV-accessible bus?

This Poly thread is awesome!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-24-2008, 09:43 PM   #693
BCV23

Loves the magic of the trains
Would enjoy a magical meal at the castle
Loves the name Hatuey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmesq61 View Post
Thanks for the info, SeaSpray. I was wondering about water transportation and ECVs since I will be using one in September, staying at the Poly. I have read that not all busses are ECV accessible. In your experience about how long is the wait on average for an ECV-accessible bus?

This Poly thread is awesome!
All the buses are accessible. You'll be first to board and last off.

To the MK, the ferry is the easiest transportation for a wheelchair or ECV. But the monorail works fine too.
Old 03-24-2008, 10:11 PM   #694
MsStinkerBelle
Hittin' WDW Since Space Mountain was 'Coming Soon'

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicalEars View Post
Let's see if I can break your record. Do you think they'd mind if I just ripped the top off the press and chugged it?
I hadn't thought of doing this one at all! The closest I came was thinking how to put that coffee into an IV in my arm...

Old 03-24-2008, 10:14 PM   #695
BCV23

Loves the name Hatuey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsStinkerBelle View Post
I hadn't thought of doing this one at all! The closest I came was thinking how to put that coffee into an IV in my arm...
Old 03-24-2008, 10:42 PM   #696
Mom2twinboys
Now mom to 3 boys

13 days till we're at the POLY

Subscribing to the thread! I've been lurking. This will be our first stay at the POLY we have stayed at CR and GF. My DH and let our 5 yo twin boys look at the resorts online and asked them where they wanted to stay the pool and tropical them really lured them in. DH and I have been wanting to stay here as well!! We have a GV room and I have put a room request for the first floor on the volcano side of the pool per the UG recommendation. Is this a GV room? Does anyone have any better suggestions for a room request? TIA
Old 03-25-2008, 05:58 AM   #697
BCV23

Loves the name Hatuey!

That is gardenview. Just don't get disappointed if your room is somewhere else. All longhouses have advantages I think.

Happy planning!
Old 03-25-2008, 06:26 AM   #698
senecabeach
people don't stop playing because they have grown old.....they have grown old because they have stopped playing

Quote:
I can help with these 2 questions I personally do not think that the H20 products at the Polynesian have a very strong and/or perfumey smell. They have a "clean" scent, but it's not very strong at all (in my humble opinion. lol).

It's funny you should ask about the Kona coffee in regards to comparing it with Kona coffee from other places! LOL After my co-worker brought back Kona coffee from Hawaii a few weeks ago, my manager found out how much I LOVE Kona coffee so she picked some up from a discount store and brought it in to surprise me. She brewed a pot of it, and I have to say, it wasn't too good. I mean, it wasn't even as good as a decent cup of regular brewed coffee, let alone Kona coffee from Hawaii or the Polynesian! So, even though you didn't like the Kona coffee from BJ's, you might want to still give the Polynesian's/Kona Cafe's Kona coffee a try. If you do, I hope you like it (and if you don't like it, don't come back and blame me! ).

P.S. As you know, Kona blend isn't the same as 100% Kona coffee. I've tried the Kona blend at the Kona Cafe and didn't like it, but I LOVE the 100% Kona press pot!
ITA !! Hey...MagicalEars.... fellow New Jersian..

Looking forward to trying out the Kona coffee in 42 days!!
Real 100% Kona coffee is just "wonderful".
Most all brands sold in stores are a "blend" and just so..so....if its NOT expensive, its NOT Kona.....
....BUT....
go to a real gourmet coffee shop and get yourself a pound.
I go to Delicious Orchards, Colts Neck and usually pick up a pound...
BTW...its $35. per lb.

Old 03-25-2008, 07:23 AM   #699
Matt'sMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Unfortunately it's true that you can't take a wheelchair onto the resort launch at the Polynesian.
Well, yes and no. Actually, unless they have changed their policies recently, the launches can take a standard wheelchair. But the person must be able to physically transfer (a step up/down) into the boat, and then the wheelchair is folded for loading.

The resort launches are not ECV accessible however. The issue is indeed with varying water levels. Since the level of the lake naturally fluctuates, they can not keep the smaller boats adequately aligned with the height of the dock--so there is no way to drive an ECV or power W/C directly onto the launch.
Old 03-25-2008, 07:29 AM   #700
BCV23

Loves the name Hatuey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt'sMom View Post
Well, yes and no. Actually, unless they have changed their policies recently, the launches can take a standard wheelchair. But the person must be able to physically transfer (a step up/down) into the boat, and then the wheelchair is folded for loading.

The resort launches are not ECV accessible however. The issue is indeed with varying water levels. Since the level of the lake naturally fluctuates, they can not keep the smaller boats adequately aligned with the height of the dock--so there is no way to drive an ECV or power W/C directly onto the launch.
I had mentioned manually loading a wheelchair as well right after Terri talked about it. We've been doing it for years. We actually load our daughter's portable power chair....well, I should say my DH does. The battery weighs a ton. The chair does fold once the battery is removed.

But as I said, it has to do with the step down and the size of the boats. The aisles are small and there is no room to roll a chair or ECV and no room for a ramp down into the boat for that matter. They've solved the problem of water levels with floating docks.
Old 03-25-2008, 08:02 AM   #701
MagicalEars
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsStinkerBelle View Post

I would love to have a coffee IV hooked up to me 24/7......but I'm scared of needles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by senecabeach
ITA !! Hey...MagicalEars.... fellow New Jersian..

Looking forward to trying out the Kona coffee in 42 days!!
Real 100% Kona coffee is just "wonderful".
Most all brands sold in stores are a "blend" and just so..so....if its NOT expensive, its NOT Kona.....
....BUT....
go to a real gourmet coffee shop and get yourself a pound.
I go to Delicious Orchards, Colts Neck and usually pick up a pound...
BTW...its $35. per lb.
Shhhhh! We shouldn't spread it around that we're from NJ. Admitting that usually results in strange looks.

$35 per lb?!?!? EEEEEEP! Ahh, who am I kidding, I'll spend that and them some to feed my coffee addiction. It really is so sad.

DH (Me) DW DD13 DD7 DD4
Old 03-25-2008, 08:12 AM   #702
padisneylover
Member of the 'Jambo! WildBunch'
DIS Veteran

So if I am using our transport WC for my DH and I go to the regular boat dock I can take that means of transport if I fold up the chair? A few years back when we were at the GF a driver refused to allow us on with a regural wheelchair and was very rude about it so I haven't tried it since.
Old 03-25-2008, 08:28 AM   #703
BCV23

Loves the name Hatuey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by padisneylover View Post
So if I am using our transport WC for my DH and I go to the regular boat dock I can take that means of transport if I fold up the chair? A few years back when we were at the GF a driver refused to allow us on with a regural wheelchair and was very rude about it so I haven't tried it since.
That's really a shame! Perhaps he/she assumed your DH couldn't transfer but that's no excuse. If it happens again, just calmly state that you'll be folding it and your husband can transfer. It is quite a step down though.
Old 03-25-2008, 10:31 AM   #704
ALittleDisneyFan
DIS Veteran

Subscribing.

I think we're going to book the Poly in a few days!!!

How is the bus transportation?

Mommy to a 5-yr-old Princess!

10/2006 ~ CSR
12/2009 ~ CSR
12/2010 ~ CSR
09/2011 ~ WL
10/2012 ~ Unsure!!
+ 4 childhood trips!

Old 03-25-2008, 12:40 PM   #705
MEredhead
Mouseketeer

Kona Coffee

Only 44 more days before our first trip ever to the Poly! You all have made me very excited to try the Kona coffee. Where you can you find a cup of the 100% Kona coffee. We do not have plans to go to Kona Cafe (at least yet bu those those Macadamia Nut Pancakes are really sound and look delish!)

Also we haven't put in a room request. Is it best to leave it up to fate - we really don't have any needs. Our DDs do love to swim - so I thought about possibly requesting something near the pool.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: