Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-20-2008, 10:58 PM   #31
Jblust524
Mouseketeer

Can I get a copy of the list too

Please send it to me...

jblust524@fuse.net
Jblust524 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 01:07 AM   #32
Beautybelle43
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAST View Post

I have read about/ seen the part of the Winnie the Pooh ride, where Mr. Toad hands off the deed to the ride to Pooh
OMG can someone tell me WHERE on the ride this scene is?? We went on the Pooh ride like 5 times during our last trip a few months ago and we searched for that scene every time without luck of finding it-
Beautybelle43 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-30-2008, 10:59 PM   #33
emu2112
Earning My Ears

may I please have a copy too

may I please have a copy too emu2112@wowway.com
emu2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 05:07 PM   #34
Dcanoli
DIS Veteran

Bump!

Let's get our little thread bumped up again:

In the MK parking lot, only 6 of the 7 dwarfs have a lot named after them.

Sleepy, Dopey, Happy, Grumpy, Bashful, and Sneezy. Why?

There isn't a "DOC" because the designers were afraid people would mix-up the BOAT DOCK AND THE PARKING LOT DOC!!!!!

9/01 First trip as an ADULT! POR ; 9/03 OFFSITE--The Grosvenor ; 9/05 Disney Wonder 4-Day, & Pop Century; 9/05 AS Sports ; 9/06 Pop Century ; 4/07 Spring Break--the OUTSIDE World; 9/07 Pop--FREE DDP & DSLR! ; 9/08 Pop Century ; 03/09 2-day FGF trip & Spring Training ; 9/09 Pop w/FREE DDP! 2/10 SMMC 3/10 Princess 5K! 3/10 Spring Training & FGF 7/10 D23 Private Events & TL! 8/10 WDP/tweet up 10/10 5K & MNSSHP! 02/11 Princess 5K & DAK Safari 3/11 DSMMC 5/11 Scavenger Hunt & Destination D 6/11 Wedding Trip 7/11 Mommy & Boys Trip

Dcanoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 05:08 PM   #35
WeatherbySwann
Cacaw rawr

/\ That's a good one, I hadn't heard of it before!
Old 04-04-2008, 09:56 PM   #36
Dcanoli
DIS Veteran

Riverboat--Ask to ride in the pilot house and receive official Riverboat Pilots certificate.
9/01 First trip as an ADULT! POR ; 9/03 OFFSITE--The Grosvenor ; 9/05 Disney Wonder 4-Day, & Pop Century; 9/05 AS Sports ; 9/06 Pop Century ; 4/07 Spring Break--the OUTSIDE World; 9/07 Pop--FREE DDP & DSLR! ; 9/08 Pop Century ; 03/09 2-day FGF trip & Spring Training ; 9/09 Pop w/FREE DDP! 2/10 SMMC 3/10 Princess 5K! 3/10 Spring Training & FGF 7/10 D23 Private Events & TL! 8/10 WDP/tweet up 10/10 5K & MNSSHP! 02/11 Princess 5K & DAK Safari 3/11 DSMMC 5/11 Scavenger Hunt & Destination D 6/11 Wedding Trip 7/11 Mommy & Boys Trip

Old 04-06-2008, 01:01 PM   #37
wagster92
Official Disney Random Fact Gatherer

I don't know if this has been postd before, but in Frontierland have you ever noticed that on the side of some paths there is yellow gravel? This is because in the "Frontier" times they would have urine troughs on the side of the main rodes for horses to urinate on, turning the gravel yellow.

Also, in Liberty Square the building's shutters aren't straight, they droop. This is because during the Revolution they took off all the lead hinges and made them into bullets for the war, so they secured the shutters with leather straps, which eventually stretch causing the shutters to droop.

In Mainstreet the buildings gradually get shorter, this has two affects. When entering the park, Main Street seems extremely long, adding to the mystique, but when you are tired and exiting the park, it makes Main Street seem smaller.

On the Space Ranger Spin, when you enter a room through a round door immediately spin around and imagine a hm, then shoot at the right ear, apparently it's the 1,000,000 point target, but I haven't tried this one yet.

Look at the hole in the top of the Splash Mountain from the OUTSIDE of the ride, look for a Side Profile of Mickey.

While on Splash Mountain, right before the big lift I think listen for the little creature that says FSU, and if you don't catch the "S" he is not yelling profanity.
wagster92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 01:21 PM   #38
wagster92

When in the Magic Kingdom you are 15 feet above sea level.

The three golden spiers are made of real gold.

When decorating the castle for the 50th Anniversary Celebration, the Imagineers had not yet secured Tinkerbell or Peter Pan to the castle and were about to when a hurricane hit WDW. Tink and Pan were up on top of the castle the entire time.

The names on the buildings of Main Street are some of the fake companies Walt used to buy the land for WDW.

You can get your haircut at the Barber Shop in MK.

AK was designed to force guests to wander around, just like in Africa. This is useful so that next time you go to AK DO NOT try to plan everything out. Just kinda wander around and get where you're going when you get there, this relieves a lot of stress.

When at the former MGM(I'm not sure of the current name) eat at the 50's PrimeTime Cafe. Tell your party to where your hats, sunglasses etc. and put elbows on the table, this will guaruntee a great time. This is a great themed meal and a lot of fun.
Old 04-06-2008, 02:05 PM   #39
Sillyup2
Mouseketeer

Another secret,
Near the ending of the Nemo Submarine Voyage in Disneyland you will hear the captain saying "Lets dock her in before we see a sea serpent or have an account with a mermaid"

Right after he says that you will see a rock with a tongue sticking out. If you look carefully you will see how it looks much like a sea serpent.

I believe this is an obvious one. However just for the people who do not know.
Sillyup2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 02:52 PM   #40
TwinDISMom
Earning My Ears

hints

Hello,

Please email me! THANKS!!!
TwinDISMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 01:57 PM   #41
wagster92

Bumping the thread a little bit, but still on topic. In the Magic Kingdom, how do you think they can get you 15" above sea level and you not realize it? I was thinking about that, and the solution actually adds to the forced perspective of Main Street. When you are fresh and ready to go, Main Street not only looks longer, but you walk slightly UPHILL! The ingenius part is when you are tired, you walk DOWNHILL!! Just a random fact that I can honestly say I came up with on my own, without reading it, I'm happy!
Old 04-13-2008, 02:00 PM   #42
Dcanoli
DIS Veteran

That is funny, but true.....

It's mentioned somewhere else in this gigantic thread about how the walk appears longer going in and shorter going out, but honestly, I've never thought about the uphill/downhill side of it!

WOW! Good thinking!

Old 04-13-2008, 04:37 PM   #43
bb32
Earning My Ears

Hi could I get an email. jhalfhap@hotmail.com
Please

Thankyou
bb32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 02:48 PM   #44
MAndrascik
Mouseketeer

Parade tips/finds?

I posted on the old thread too...
Never been to WDW but can't WAIT. I was wondering if there were any fun things to watch out for in any of the parades. I remember there used to be fun factoids about the ELP at DL. Thanks everyone!
Old 04-17-2008, 07:03 PM   #45
WeatherbySwann
Cacaw rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAndrascik View Post
I posted on the old thread too...
Never been to WDW but can't WAIT. I was wondering if there were any fun things to watch out for in any of the parades. I remember there used to be fun factoids about the ELP at DL. Thanks everyone!
Here's a few that you can find in the Disney Dreams Come True Parade, the daily 3pm Magic Kingdom parade (they're in the order that they appear in during the parade):
  • The Mickey float has many small figurines of the Mouse's past film roles (Sorcerer's Apprentice, Steamboat Willie, etc.)
  • The parade is the only place in all of WDW that you can see the walking brooms from The Sorcerer's Apprentice. It's also the only place to see the Pleasure Island donkeys from Pinocchio.
  • Figaro and Cleo can be found if you look closely on the Pinocchio float (I think they're on the left side of the float)
  • On the Pinocchio float, Grumpy is playing the organ just like he did in "The Silly Song" scene in 'Snow White'.
  • On the Aladdin float, look closely just behind Pooh and you'll see the very tiny Bernard and Bianca from 'The Rescuers'.
  • Also on the Aladdin float, Pooh holds a balloon, just as he did when he was trying to get honey in 'Winnie the Pooh and the Hunny Tree'.
  • On the back of the Peter Pan float you'll see a quote by Walt Disney " . . . as long as there is imagination left in the world" and, if you look closely, a picture of him walking through Disneyland.
  • Also on the Peter Pan float, look inside the crystal castle to see tiny versions of characters on a carrousel (ones I've spotted include Mushu and Chesire Cat)
  • Each of the float's respective "titles" are on the side of the float.

Hope you can look for some of those during the parade and hope you HAVE A GREAT TRIP!!!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: