Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK DVC Discussion
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-26-2008, 05:26 AM   #16
CustardTart

I am sooo proud, happy, relieved and impressed - it's a great day...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revtel View Post
...I assure you, I tried to book for the first two weeks in December last year at the seven-month window and there was virtually ZERO availability anywhere. They did have a couple of odd nights at a studio at Saratoga Springs, but that was it, honestly. Thankfully, I had already made reservations at my home resort, OKW, so we were OK, but it really is "full capacity" time at DVC...
Very true. I made ressies last year at SSR for December 14th - 21st at about 9 months out and even they were starting to fill up then... I guess you just have to be prepared to use that 11 month home resort window...

Good luck, Michelle...
Grand Floridian Resort & Spa - Christmas 1998 * Dolphin/Vero Beach - Easter 2000 * Polynesian - August 2001 * Grand Floridian Resort & Spa - August 2004 * Beach Club/DCL Wonder - May 2005 * Grand Californian Hotel - NYE 2005 * Polynesian - August 2006 * DCL Magic Western Caribbean - September 2007 * Yacht Club - October 2007 * Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa - December 2007 * Villas at Wilderness Lodge/DCL Wonder Double Dip - May 2008 * DCL Magic Mexican Riviera/Disneyland Hotel - August 2008 * Boardwalk Villas - October 2008 * Animal Kingdom Villas/Hard Rock Hotel Club - Easter 2009 * Bay Lake Tower/DCL Magic Eastern Caribbean & Tortola/Villas at Wilderness Lodge - September 2009 * Bay Lake Tower - June 2010 * DCL Magic Westbound Transatlantic - September 2010 * Old Key West - October 2010 * Sequoia Lodge/Paris - November 2010 * Boardwalk Villas/DCL Dream Inaugural Cruise - January 2011 * Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa/Villas at Wilderness Lodge - November 2011 * Boardwalk Villas - July 2012 * Animal Kingdom Villas/DCL Fantasy Western Caribbean - November 2012 * Boardwalk Villas/Bay Lake Tower - January 2014...
CustardTart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 11:12 AM   #17
angel659
Have A Magical Day

Quote:
Originally Posted by CustardTart View Post
Very true. I made ressies last year at SSR for December 14th - 21st at about 9 months out and even they were starting to fill up then... I guess you just have to be prepared to use that 11 month home resort window...

Good luck, Michelle...
Not convinced that AKV will have availability though. Apparently there is a big list. We shall see.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-27-2008, 02:18 AM   #18
UKDEB
Found the Tag Fairy's hangout
All whacked up on Scooby Snacks

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revtel View Post
7 - 14 December is a relatively quiet time AT THE PARKS, but so far as DVC is concerned, it is their most popular time of year. The points requirement is at its lowest, and the parks are at their most attractive.
I didn't realise that - I'm relatively new to this DVC lark.

I can't see this being a issue for us in the relatively short term, but I imagine there will be times in years to come that we may want to book impromptu trips. I would have expected that we might not be able that at busy times like Christmas and Easter, but I had no idea that it isn't even a possibility at the quieter times.

October 1992 ~ Enclave Suites, I-Drive May 1996 ~ Omni Rosen, I-Drive October 1998 ~ Villa-Clear Creek August 2000 ~ Beach Club/Villa-Sunset Lakes July 2001 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge/Hard Rock Hotel/Villa-Formosa Gdns Christmas 2001 ~ Villa-Formosa Gardens October 2002 ~ Hard Rock Hotel/Villa-Formosa Gdns May 2003 ~ Portofino Bay/Villa-Cumbrian Lakes January 2004 ~ Ritz-Carlton Grande Lakes/Villa-Formosa Gardens July 2004 ~ Grand Floridian/Portofino Bay/Villa-Formosa Gardens December 2004 ~ Villa-Rolling Hills/Disney Wonder Cruise/BoardWalk Grand Villa/Contemporary April 2005 ~ Washington DC, Shenandoah, Blue Ridge Parkway, Charleston, Savannah, Royal Pacific Resort/Villa-Acadia Estates January 2006 ~ Reunion Resort/Royal Pacific Resort April 2006 ~ Celebration Hotel/NCL Jewel Cruise/Hotel Victor, Miami/Beach Cottage-Disney's Vero Beach October 2006 ~ Reunion Resort/BoardWalk Villa/Rosen Shingle Creek August 2007 ~ Saratoga Springs//Reunion Grande January 2008 ~ Saratoga Springs/Beach Club Villas/Reunion Resort November 2008 ~ BoardWalk Villas/Royal Pacific Resort/Saratoga Springs March 2011 ~ Celebrity Cruise/Veness Towers, a stone's throw from the Magic Kingdom November 2012 ~ Bay Lake Tower/Ritz-Carlton, Sarasota/Ritz-Carlton Destination Club, Jupiter/Saratoga Springs September 2013 ~ Kidani Village/Saratoga Springs May 2014 ~ Beach Club Villas/Wyndham Grand Bonnet Creek/Bay Lake Tower
UKDEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 03:05 AM   #19
angel659
Have A Magical Day

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKDEB View Post
I didn't realise that - I'm relatively new to this DVC lark.

I can't see this being a issue for us in the relatively short term, but I imagine there will be times in years to come that we may want to book impromptu trips. I would have expected that we might not be able that at busy times like Christmas and Easter, but I had no idea that it isn't even a possibility at the quieter times.
Exactly. I was told that Sept and October were busy because of the food and wine festival. Sometimes it can be hard to get reservations then. Especially when MNSSHP and food festival.
Old 02-27-2008, 04:39 AM   #20
Revtel
Mouseketeer

The reality is that DVC "busy times" normally coincide with "busy times" at the parks, but this is not always the case.

The first three weeks in December are DVC's busiest season, because, I have said earlier, the points requirement is at the lowest and yet the parks and malls are so attractive. If you check out the US DVC Board, you will find the same story.

It is very, very difficult to get availability anywhere at WDW during those three weeks in December at the seven-month window, as everyone books earlier at their home resort.

Members who own at the large resorts such as OKW and SSR will pretty much always get accommodation at 11 months, although a previous poster pointed out that even this was difficult for December if you don't get in early.

The problem for Angel is that her home resort, AKV, is a very small resort and also very popular, so it's getting booked up solid at 11 months. And because Angel missed out on this, she will possibly find that she cannot get to WDW at all in December. I would guess that the Wait List is probably silly already, and that's before everyone else joins it at the 7 month window!

That is a dreadful situation, and I really hope things work out, but I honestly cannot see a way around it. If December really is when you want to travel, I really fear that you have purchased at the wrong resort. Your only hope for future years is to ring on a daily basis at 11 months as soon as member services opens for business.

Must be frustrating, and I really feel for you.
Revtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 01:40 PM   #21
angel659
Have A Magical Day

I have managed to book these dates 12th-21st December. I am on a waiting list for 7th-12th. Not too bad really. If I cant get the other dates. I will more than likely go for that duration rather than nothing. I am rather pleased really. I really want to do my count down. I wont jinx nothing yet.
Old 02-27-2008, 01:53 PM   #22
CustardTart

I am sooo proud, happy, relieved and impressed - it's a great day...

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel659 View Post
I have managed to book these dates 12th-21st December. I am on a waiting list for 7th-12th. Not too bad really. If I cant get the other dates. I will more than likely go for that duration rather than nothing. I am rather pleased really. I really want to do my count down. I wont jinx nothing yet.
That's brilliant, Michelle!!! Fingers crossed the other dates come thro'...
Grand Floridian Resort & Spa - Christmas 1998 * Dolphin/Vero Beach - Easter 2000 * Polynesian - August 2001 * Grand Floridian Resort & Spa - August 2004 * Beach Club/DCL Wonder - May 2005 * Grand Californian Hotel - NYE 2005 * Polynesian - August 2006 * DCL Magic Western Caribbean - September 2007 * Yacht Club - October 2007 * Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa - December 2007 * Villas at Wilderness Lodge/DCL Wonder Double Dip - May 2008 * DCL Magic Mexican Riviera/Disneyland Hotel - August 2008 * Boardwalk Villas - October 2008 * Animal Kingdom Villas/Hard Rock Hotel Club - Easter 2009 * Bay Lake Tower/DCL Magic Eastern Caribbean & Tortola/Villas at Wilderness Lodge - September 2009 * Bay Lake Tower - June 2010 * DCL Magic Westbound Transatlantic - September 2010 * Old Key West - October 2010 * Sequoia Lodge/Paris - November 2010 * Boardwalk Villas/DCL Dream Inaugural Cruise - January 2011 * Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa/Villas at Wilderness Lodge - November 2011 * Boardwalk Villas - July 2012 * Animal Kingdom Villas/DCL Fantasy Western Caribbean - November 2012 * Boardwalk Villas/Bay Lake Tower - January 2014...
CustardTart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 03:09 PM   #23
Revtel
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel659 View Post
That's great!

You'll probably get in somewhere, but it may not be the same resort for the six nights. How about Vero Beach, or a cruise??
Revtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 03:42 PM   #24
lawlesslovewdw
loving the planning

All the best laid plans and all that!! We own at SSR, last night i booked a 1bed for 7 - 22 Dec, loads of space. I also have 100 develper points to use but cant till 7mths out so i was going to book 1 - 7 dec in may.. worried now! I know the waitlists are long at other resorts but to be honest thought ssr would be safe Any suggestions
lawlesslovewdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 03:56 PM   #25
crabbie1
DIS Veteran

Michelle
I put a thread on the US site about availibility at AKLV in december as we have rented some points off a uk dis member and their home is SSR.Our dates are the 18th-24th December.The Us site has said the opposite to the people on here and a couple of them changed to AKLV with no problem at 7 months and one called 5 months before and got a studio.So now I am worrying as I really want either AKLV or WLV but from what everyone says on here I don't have much chance and if you have gone on the waitlist and it is your home then there is definatley no chance Our 3 rd choice is BWV or BCV.I am sure SSR will be lovely if we don't get anything else and at least we have somewhere booked.As we have stayed in the DTD area 3 times just wanted a different location nothing against SSR.

Sorry if I have fuelled a fire here regards US difference of opinion.Perhaps they were just lucky getting AKLV.

Last edited by crabbie1; 02-27-2008 at 03:57 PM. Reason: WRONG DATES
crabbie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 11:57 AM   #26
poggs
Mouseketeer

I have just booked my dec trip. 1st december in 1bed value AKV. 2nd -5th waitlisted any akv 1 bed. 6th & 7th savannah view. 8th & 9th waitlisted. 10th, 11th value.

So there is basically next to no space already in AKV for the 1st 2 weeks of december. However, I dont like the AKV after last years debacle of rank rotten service and poor savannah room views, so plan to swap to OKW at 7 months. Just wanted to have somewhere guaranteed.
poggs is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: