Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2008, 01:25 AM   #541
jedi jen
Mouseketeer

SeaSpray,

I also want to say sorry you have had to deal with health issues and hope you are feeling better soon. I also want to thank you for starting this thread. Also, I always am interested in what you have to say. You are always so informative and kindhearted. I am not sure if that is the perfect description, but I know that I am going to smile after I read you. You always make me smile.

Now, I must admit I am not feeling too bad for you staying garden view concierge. I am going to be doing garden view (no concierge) at the Poly and am sooo excited. I have never stayed at the Poly before, and am looking forward to it. I agree with the idea that for you, you will get to enjoy something new. However, when I try to tell my son that we can stay in values to try all the experiences of Disney and get new experiences, he tells me he is fine just the way things are (we have stayed at the Contemporary thus far). Smart kid. He is looking forward to the Poly though, and the volcano pool.

Jennifer
Planning 2014 Christmas trip at CR/Universal's RPR; First split stay July 2012-PBH-Universal/CR/Dolphin; Pop in November 2011-just me and DBF ; Poly in August 2008; July 2007 CR; July 2006 CR; Several trips offsite pre-2006

Old 03-14-2008, 03:37 AM   #542
padisneylover
Member of the 'Jambo! WildBunch'
DIS Veteran

Sea Spray,
Sorry to hear you aren't feeling well. Hopefully things will improve faster than you expect and you will be able to enjoy your trip. I to would like to voice my thanks for this great thread since once again I have switched resorts and am back to PCLV due mostly to your encouragement and this site.
Register to remove

Old 03-14-2008, 07:10 AM   #543
MagicalEars
Mouseketeer

I hope you feel better soon SeaSpray! Who knows, maybe a WDW trip in May will help you feel better, or at least help take your mind off things.

Question:
It seems allot of your take advantage of AP discounts. Do you have to buy the premium AP passes, or will you get those same discounts with the regular? Also, how do you find out about the AP discounts? Do they email you, or inform you when you go to book your trip? Or do you have to constantly visit the WDW site to know?

DH (Me) DW DD13 DD7 DD4
Old 03-14-2008, 07:53 AM   #544
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicalEars View Post
I hope you feel better soon SeaSpray! Who knows, maybe a WDW trip in May will help you feel better, or at least help take your mind off things.

Question:
It seems allot of your take advantage of AP discounts. Do you have to buy the premium AP passes, or will you get those same discounts with the regular? Also, how do you find out about the AP discounts? Do they email you, or inform you when you go to book your trip? Or do you have to constantly visit the WDW site to know?
You just need a regular AP. Unfortunately, AP discounts are becoming fewer and fewer. Once you have an AP, you can log into the Passholder website to see current offers, but most of us just check the boards here. This is the most reliable place for current info! (And I don't EVER count on WDW to send email notifications - I know better! )

Terry, feel better. So sorry you're having health issues.

Old 03-14-2008, 08:39 AM   #545
mr.mike
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaSpray View Post
Hello fellow Polynesian resort fans
Those of you who've stayed garden concierge, which floor were you on, where was your room located, and what was your view? Not that it matters really, but I'm curious now Thanks!
Sorry for your troubles, SeaSpray

When We stayed last July our group had 2 rooms, ome lagoon and one garden. I forget the room number but we were on the first floor about halfway down from the concierge desks

The garden view was nice because we could see the pool but it also seemed sort of private sitting on the patio.
Old 03-14-2008, 10:15 AM   #546
MsStinkerBelle
Hittin' WDW Since Space Mountain was 'Coming Soon'

So sorry to hear about the health problems, SeaSpray! Here's best wishes for gaining more energy back for your trip in May!

Old 03-14-2008, 10:59 AM   #547
mickey2minnie1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by brergnat View Post
It's cheaper to order them from H20's site! They mark them up, when you compare ounce for ounce! Beware...
I order from the H2O site and the price for the shampoo is the same with the same ounces. No mouse, though. The conditioner is actually 2 dollars less on the resort site. I did notice that the H2O site is running a special on the shower gel and lotions - $6.00

I am hooked! Loooove the stuff and it reminds me too of the Poly. I want to order from the resrt so I can see that hidden Mickey everday, lol. (My daughter put hidden Mickey wallies on her wall for fun.)
June 2010 3 nights at the Poly w/ DH
Oct/Nov 2009 8 nights at the Poly GVCL
Oct/Nov 2007 9 nights at the Poly

Me DH DS 16 DS 13 DD 11 Sebastian 5

Last edited by mickey2minnie1; 03-14-2008 at 11:01 AM. Reason: addition
Old 03-14-2008, 11:04 AM   #548
BCV23

Loves the magic of the trains
Would enjoy a magical meal at the castle
Loves the name Hatuey!

Seaspray, i'm sorry to hear of your health problems. I hope you're much better by May.

We've stayed several times gardenview concierge when we couldn't get lagoon. Always on the 1st floor. From the rooms we've had, you can't even see the pool but just the lovely landscaping around it.

But I think just plain old gardenview is a great choice as well. You can order a lot of room service or special treats for the difference in price and the views are just lovely. Some longhouses are better situated than Hawaii if you will be having trouble walking.

Good luck.
Old 03-14-2008, 11:41 AM   #549
XxDisneyFan00xX
DIS Veteran

Aloha,
I was just wondering if the Polynesian still has the YoaMD mugs?
Mahalo and Aloha.
Gonna let the light
Shine on me!!!
Old 03-14-2008, 01:32 PM   #550
dishm12/08
Obsessing Over Our Disneymoon. One Day At A Time

Hope you feel better Seaspray.
Old 03-14-2008, 01:48 PM   #551
XxDisneyFan00xX
DIS Veteran

I hope you feel better SeaSpray.
Gonna let the light
Shine on me!!!
Old 03-14-2008, 04:56 PM   #552
Maxie86
DIS Veteran

Sea Spray, Hope you are feeling better so you can enjoy your trip in May, even if you have to rough it in garden view concierge.
Old 03-14-2008, 05:34 PM   #553
CinderellyCinderelly
DIS Veteran

I am attempting a pre-TR and when I come back I'll do a full TR!! I'm staying @ the Poly so if you guys have any questions you can check it out when I get back!
Old 03-14-2008, 05:57 PM   #554
DisneyMomx7
DIS Veteran

Terry,

Hope you are feeling better. I think the Poly might be just the right medicine for you!

Get better and take lots of pictures - your pictures are what makes me want to go back to the Poly (and makes me feel ok if we have to stay at POR for my girls "Twirlmania" trip).

Get better soon.

GF-2003,2004,2005,2006,2008,2009,2011,2013,2014
YC-2006,2007,2008,2014 POLY- 2006,2007,2008
BC-2008,2009,2010,2011,2012,2013
HRH-2004,2006, RPR-2012, 2014
Old 03-15-2008, 09:09 AM   #555
torian
A whole day can be ruined with a bad cup of coffee

seapray,

first, thank u for starting this thread. It's really helping me plan!!
I am sorry to hear about your health problems...I hope you feel better soon! I'm new to all the disney lingo, but I am sprinkling pixie dust for you.

My H is set on Poly, and I am, too....but part of me is balking at the price. Can u believe it??? I'm wondering if we will stay at the resort more than just to sleep.

I have a 7 and 8 year old. I was thinking of going value, but when I looked at the resorts, they just looked so kiddie-like to me. Not sure if they would like it. And my H would not like squishing into a bus late at night to get back to the resort.

I guess I just need to know if the price of Poly's obvious features (close to the TTC, monorail, fireworks from the beach, themed pool, drinkable coffee???) is worth the cost.

thanks!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: