Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2008, 12:00 PM   #511
CoolPool
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKinDC View Post
CoolPool - it's a quote from Family Guy. I don't really watch the show, but in one episode my husband has on DVD, the dad realizes that for his kid to be successful, he has to become Jewish, because all successful people seem to be Jewish to him...so they go into a synagogue and see all these famous people, including Optimus Prime, who proceeds to "transform" with his yarmulke and tassles which flip out. It was pretty darn brilliant.
Okay. I knew that the voice of Optimus was a supposedly religious guy but I've never seen The Family Guy so I didn't get what the point was. I couldn't figure why that would be "outed" on a Disney forum. SWIM.
Old 03-12-2008, 01:39 PM   #512
Omma
Mouseketeer

Fridge ?

I did a search but couldn't find the answer so I apologize if this has been covered a million times. Does anyone know if the fridges at Poly will hold 1/2 gal of milk?

Thank you!

Poly - April '08 - The kids ask to go back every day.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-12-2008, 02:01 PM   #513
DiznEeyore
Donkey-Huggin' DVC Member
Dedicated Disney Scrapbooker
Thanks for un-confusing me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omma View Post
I did a search but couldn't find the answer so I apologize if this has been covered a million times. Does anyone know if the fridges at Poly will hold 1/2 gal of milk?

Thank you!
Yup, they will; no problem.
Old 03-12-2008, 02:14 PM   #514
suffolkprincess
Mouseketeer

FIJI/ Luau Cove Beach

DisneyLuvr and Lissiemum:

I am replying to your ?s about the Luau Cove beach. We stayed in FIJI in Nov 2006 in room 1309. LOVED IT. Why?

1) Its the POLY
2) QUIET
3) Luau Cove beach was almost private the whole time-- every morning, DD and DH played out there while I finished my makeup, etc, and there was never anyone there. On lazy mornings and late afternoons we'd hang out there and it was lovely. DH bought a six pack of Corona and we saved some lemons from Captn Cooks (no limes! I'm getting one from garden grocer this time) and we had beers on the beach while DD played and chased ducks in the evening. LOVELY.
4) When there was music to be heard from the Luau, it just enhanced the theming and did not disturb us at all. Just in case I had brought DD's "sleepy music" on an MP3 player but she never needed that.
5) When you walk out the patio door you are very close to the beach and a nice grassy area with little to no human traffic.
6) you can walk out that way to the GF if you ever have time-- great walk!
7) very close to the GCH which means close to monorail; from door to Dumbo one am was <15 minutes!
8) very close to the pier/ boat dock

ONLY downsides:

1) you can't actually get a great view of the water pageant from that beach; so we walked to the pier
2) not the closest to the pool, but not terribly far. Far enough that I carried a little bag with our sunscreen, etc instead of running to the room for things

Hope that helps!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] POLY November 2006
Up Next: Spring 2008 at POLY or CR
Old 03-12-2008, 02:23 PM   #515
Omma
Mouseketeer

Thank you DiznEeyore! I'll add milk to my Garden Grocer cart. My dd will be very happy!

Poly - April '08 - The kids ask to go back every day.
Old 03-12-2008, 02:57 PM   #516
DiznEeyore
Donkey-Huggin' DVC Member
Dedicated Disney Scrapbooker
Thanks for un-confusing me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omma View Post
Thank you DiznEeyore! I'll add milk to my Garden Grocer cart. My dd will be very happy!
Glad to help! Enjoy your trip!
Old 03-12-2008, 03:01 PM   #517
collcass
DIS Veteran

Pretty soon I just might owe them my first born.

We are doing a split stay w/ the Poly at the beginning. I couldn't resist so I added 4th of July onto it I think dh just ight block out the WDW # on my cell phone pretty soon
Old 03-12-2008, 04:09 PM   #518
ClaraBug
DIS Veteran

I have an off the wall question....

I called a couple days ago to see what the rates for our room at the Poly for 2009 would be and the CM gave me the rates and just by listening to her it sounded like the Poly was already half full I was going to wait until the 2009 rates come out in August to book our vaction package but with this information should I book our room sooner??

Old 03-12-2008, 04:56 PM   #519
WickedWench
Ruthless Pirate turned Polynesian Princess

I doubt it's that booked up yet. I didn't start planning my last trip until 6 months out, and the only unavailable hotel was the contemporary.

View my Disney photos here.

Early 2010 ????? / Oct 2007 Polynesian & Animal Kingdom Lodge / Oct 2005 Grand Californian / June 2003 Boardwalk Inn / 1988 Grand Floridian / 1987, 1986 Polynesian / 1985 Treehouses / 1984 Contemporary & Polynesian / 1983, 1982, 1981 Polynesian / 1980 Fort Wilderness / 1979, 1978 Polynesian / 1977 Contemporary / May 1976 Polynesian

Old 03-12-2008, 06:21 PM   #520
polyforme
Mouseketeer

Hello fellow Poly fans,
Please excuse me for this is my first try at posting and I have no idea if I am doing it right. We have a poly garden/club level room booked for August as room only ( with AAA rate-15% ). I thought maybe when the AP rates were released that I would look into it but I called Disney to have them price out the same room for May and it was only about a 10% savings. I thought the deluxe resorts were more like 30%. Any ideas? Thank you
Kathy

Last edited by polyforme; 03-12-2008 at 06:27 PM.
Old 03-12-2008, 11:36 PM   #521
brergnat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by polyforme View Post
Hello fellow Poly fans,
Please excuse me for this is my first try at posting and I have no idea if I am doing it right. We have a poly garden/club level room booked for August as room only ( with AAA rate-15% ). I thought maybe when the AP rates were released that I would look into it but I called Disney to have them price out the same room for May and it was only about a 10% savings. I thought the deluxe resorts were more like 30%. Any ideas? Thank you
Kathy
I've heard that, lately, Disney has become pretty stingy with the AP discounts. This is a major reason why I decided NOT to consider buying an AP for our trip in May 2009. Seems like the extra money spent over a 5 day park hopper is not going to be worth it in discounts. The AAA discount is better than the AP for this year...
Old 03-13-2008, 07:14 AM   #522
senecabeach
people don't stop playing because they have grown old.....they have grown old because they have stopped playing

Quote:
Originally Posted by polyforme
Hello fellow Poly fans,
Please excuse me for this is my first try at posting and I have no idea if I am doing it right. We have a poly garden/club level room booked for August as room only ( with AAA rate-15% ). I thought maybe when the AP rates were released that I would look into it but I called Disney to have them price out the same room for May and it was only about a 10% savings. I thought the deluxe resorts were more like 30%. Any ideas?
Quote:
Originally Posted by brergnat View Post
I've heard that, lately, Disney has become pretty stingy with the AP discounts. This is a major reason why I decided NOT to consider buying an AP for our trip in May 2009. Seems like the extra money spent over a 5 day park hopper is not going to be worth it in discounts. The AAA discount is better than the AP for this year...
I don't agree...its all in the timing..
There are only a certain amount of rooms available to be discounted and the timing of your call is important. I would suggest calling again in a few days or next week...since...they add both resorts & rooms as time goes on.

In Oct, I called at least 6 times..at first there were NO discounts at delux resorts...then yes CR..not Poly...then Poly.. and wound up getting "AP room only" discounts..totalling at least $100. per night.. at the CR and Poly for my split stays.

I have, so far, always gotten a 40% AP discount for room only stays. As example I have a 40% AP room only PLC ressie for May for 5 nights and got a total of $536. "AP room only" discount. AP discounts are always better than any other.

Old 03-13-2008, 07:52 AM   #523
padisneylover
Member of the 'Jambo! WildBunch'
DIS Veteran

I would just like to add as well that AAA discounts are also not avaliable at all resorts at all levels all the time. For instance I booked RPC level from the
8th of December through the 18th and there is no AAA discounts avaliable so I took an AP in hopes that they will become avaliable. There was also no AAA discounts for this same time period at that level 2 months ago when I tried. Yet in May of 2007 I got a nice discount at that level. So just because you have AAA will not mean necessarily that there will be a discount avaliable.
Old 03-13-2008, 09:14 AM   #524
polyforme
Mouseketeer

Thanks to all for your advice!!!! I was so excited to have some answers and I don't feel totally lost in making the reservations now. I will stick with my AAA discount and every so often call about the AP rooms available.
Also does anyone have any thought to getting the dining plan now that you can get it with the AP ressie. I don't know if it will be worth it if we are staying at club level and have booked several signature rest.
Thanks again
Kathy

Last edited by polyforme; 03-13-2008 at 09:20 AM.
Old 03-13-2008, 12:26 PM   #525
jenn-n-okla
Jenn-in-Okla

question about the shampoo

Does anyone know if Poly has the same shampoo as POP, Music & Sports or is it "fancy, nicer" shampoo? This will determine if I pack enough for 5 people or if I will just use theirs. The ones at the POP last year just tangled my DD's age11 hair so I was glad I had brought ours from home. I do know that the toilet paper at Poly is better than at the value resorts.
Jenn
1984 OS(1st visit);1986 OS;1988 Sports;1990Sports; 1991 Sports; 1994Music;1997Sports(took infant);2000Sports;2002Sports(took infant);2004Sports;2007 PC(took child with Portable O2);2008 Poly (took child with Portable O2); 2010 Poly (9 family members went one on oxygen ) 2013 Poly (5 family members again one on oxygen)
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: