Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > The Creative Community > Cooking
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 506 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 03-11-2008, 05:49 PM   #1711
bnf2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candid View Post
Is anyone else really starting to worry about Lyn? It's not like her to be MIA for so long....
Yeah, odd that she's been away for so long- looks like her last post on this thread was nearly 2 weeks ago.

Sure hope all is well Lynninpa!

DH & Me , DD 11 , DS 11
March 1973 & September 1976- Ft. Wilderness; September 1979- Polynesian; June 1996 Old Key West; October 2004-Coronado Springs (first trip as a parent & surprise b-day trip for the twins w/my entire family!); September 2006- Pop; December 2007- Christmas trip w/2 other Disney-Crazy Families, offsite- Bonnet Creek; October 2011- Twins turn 12 Port Orleans- French Quarter
bnf2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 12:41 AM   #1712
GabbyMom
I dropped my pager in the toilet and would call it to watch the potty water vibrate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatania View Post
THis recipe is from the Disney affiliated Family Fun website. They are most likely not the ones from the Concourse Steak House but you could give it a try. I would write WDW quickly with the request before the restaurant closes.

Honey Ginger Garlic Chicken Wings
Makes 4 servings

3 tbsp. honey
1/3 cup soy sauce
2-3 tbsp. vegetable oil
4 cloves garlic
2 tsp. minced ginger
2-1/2 pounds chicken wings

Step 1
In a bowl, combine the honey and soy sauce with 1/2 cup water. In a wok, heat a few tablespoons oil. Stir-fry the garlic and ginger for 30 seconds; then add the wings and cook until they are brown, about 5 minutes. Add more oil if necessary.

Step 2
Add the soy mixture to the pan and turn down the heat to simmer. Cover and cook 20 minutes, or until wings are cooked through. Stir occasionally. Remove lid, turn up heat and stir-fry the wings while the sauce is reduced to a glaze.
Thank you so much. I e-mailed Disney hopefully I'll get a reply soon. I'll send this to Pete a link to here I'm sure he'll love it. Thanks

GabbyMom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-12-2008, 08:21 AM   #1713
TheGoofyMama
I've been to WDW too many times to count, I've also been a cast member twice *0*

Post Ethiopia Bread Salad

Boma, Animal Kingdom Lodge

Yield: 4 servings

Ingredients:
1 loaf 7 Grain Bread, cubed and toasted (croutons)
1 1/2 each Whole Tomato, cubed
1 each Cucumber, cubed
1 each Garlic Clove, minced
1/8 teaspoon Ground Ginger
1/2 teaspoon Ground Cumin
1/8 teaspoon Ground Turmeric
1 cup Balsamic Vinegar
1/2 each Bermuda Onion, cubed

Prepare vegetables as indicated.

In a bowl combine vegetables with ginger, garlic, turmeric, cumin, and balsamic vinegar. Top with toasted croutons
TheGoofyMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 08:55 AM   #1714
dseth
DIS Veteran

Anyone know how to get the grilled poundcake dessert from Liberty Tree Tavern (served only at lunch)? TIA
dseth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 09:03 AM   #1715
bnf2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoofyMama View Post
I seemed to have found a file full of WDW recipes that no sources listed. Sorry for that but I thought I'd post them any way.

Pepperjack Cheese Grits EPCOT, CORAL REEF
Hey GoofyMama! You've worked so hard on some awesome recipes- thanks! I made this one last week and it was pretty good.

You may want to double check the index on page one to see what has already been posted to save yourself some typing time... I can imagine your arms are about to fall off with all you've posted

Thanks again... and how 'bout that snow last weekend! It was up to my kids' knees!

DH & Me , DD 11 , DS 11
March 1973 & September 1976- Ft. Wilderness; September 1979- Polynesian; June 1996 Old Key West; October 2004-Coronado Springs (first trip as a parent & surprise b-day trip for the twins w/my entire family!); September 2006- Pop; December 2007- Christmas trip w/2 other Disney-Crazy Families, offsite- Bonnet Creek; October 2011- Twins turn 12 Port Orleans- French Quarter
bnf2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 10:05 AM   #1716
TheGoofyMama
I've been to WDW too many times to count, I've also been a cast member twice *0*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnf2 View Post
Hey GoofyMama! You've worked so hard on some awesome recipes- thanks! I made this one last week and it was pretty good.

You may want to double check the index on page one to see what has already been posted to save yourself some typing time... I can imagine your arms are about to fall off with all you've posted

Thanks again... and how 'bout that snow last weekend! It was up to my kids' knees!
Hi again,
Thanks for the advice, I will double check just to save some time & effort. The snow was great , we went sledding and my almost 2 year old grandson hated every minute of it
It seems that the snow has brought out the Deer, we've been seeing them in our back yard almost everyday since the snow started. I love watching them. My Grandson calls them "dogs"
Old 03-12-2008, 11:42 AM   #1717
akalittleeva
Mouseketeer

Here's a link to a new thread - it may be of interest to some of you - it is to post pics of Disney recipes you've made...

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1733597
akalittleeva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 02:58 PM   #1718
Tatania
Disney Foodie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoofyMama View Post
Duck Confit with crispy prosciutto ham and pomegranate molasses

Le Cellier, courtesy of Sous Chef Albert Riviello

12 duck legs
1/2 pound parsley
1/2 pound rosemary
1/2 pound thyme
4 ounces peppercorn
1 ounce star anise
5 bay leaves
6 ounces course or Kosher salt
3 pounds duck fat (cost as 1/3)

On a drying rack lined with cheesecloth large enough to hold the duck legs in a single layer, sprinkle all herbs, peppercorns, and spices, saving some of the salt for the next step. Salt and pepper the duck legs completely on all sides. Arrange the duck, skin-side up, over the herb/salt mixture.

Place another piece of cheesecloth on top of the product. Cover and weight the duck for 72 hours. Rinse the duck of all salt and pepper and dry thoroughly. Preheat the oven to 225°F. Melt the duck fat in a saucepan. Arrange the duck legs in a single snug layer in a high-sided baking dish or ovenproof saucepan. Cover with fat. Pour the melted fat over the duck (the duck pieces should be covered by fat) and place the confit in the oven. Cook the confit slowly at a very slow simmer — just an occasional bubble — until the duck is tender and can be easily pulled from the bone – 2 - 3 hours. Remove the confit from the oven. Cool and store the duck in the fat. (The confit will keep in the refrigerator for several weeks.)

To serve confit:
Lift the duck legs out of the fat and wipe off most but not quite all of it with kitchen paper. Put them skin-side up onto a rack resting over a roasting tin and roast for 15-20 minutes until the skin is crisp and golden and the meat has heated through. Alternatively, sauté the legs in a frying pan over a medium heat until crisp, golden and heated through. Or place Duck Legs in an oven dish skin side down under a hot grill for about 5 minutes, turn over and allow to thoroughly heat through and the skin to crisp and brown.
It is served whole and warm on a bed of mixed greens. The proscuitto and pomegranate mixture are sprinkled over the top of the duck.

NB: Strain and reserve the duck fat for later use. Keep it cool. In Jan. ‘08 this was served with crispy prosciutto ham and pomegranate molasses as an appetizer.

Prep. Note: Other standard recipes say you can use a container large enough to hold the duck legs in a single layer. They also say to sprinkle only half the herbs and salt on the bottom and the rest on top of the duck. The other recipes cover and refrigerate the meat for 1-2 days. Epicurious uses about 5 TBSP. salt for that amount of duck because too much salt makes the duck too tough and salty to use in anything but stews.

"Once esteemed as a preservation method, cooking and keeping duck in its rendered fat results in meltingly tender, moist, and extremely flavorful meat which can be used in a variety of simple preparations. Can be served hot or cold. Sear the duck legs in a hot skillet or shred the meat and add it to salads (tempers the saltiness), stews or duck rillettes. Just remember the duck must be salted a day before you plan to cook it."

**Pomegranate molasses is used primarily in Mediterranean cooking. It is also called pomegranate syrup, because of it's consistency.
Expert Paula Wolfert, says: "Pomegranate molasses is an essential ingredient...has a wonderful flavor and a heady aroma, and its thickness and dark color make food look very appealing. It keeps almost indefinitely in the refrigerator. The uses for this thick, tangy, piquant syrup are many. It blends well with walnuts, adds a tart and pungent flavor to beans, sharpens the taste of poultry, gives a clean, tart taste to fish, gives an astringent edge to salads and vegetables, and is a great tenderizer for lamb and pork. It can also be diluted and used for sharp drinks and tart sorbets."

Sold by the bottle.

source: no source on this one either.... sorry
This was one of the recipes I obtained and posted when I was in WDW in Jan. as well as the Melktart, M'Hencha, Sopa De Elote & Honey Crunch Cake. They are all listed in the index on page 1 so before posting could we please check that index so we don't have loads of duplicate postings. One reason for that is, the threads get closed once they reach a certain size so we don't want that happening any time soon.

I know llyn hasn't been around to update since Feb. 27 and I've PMed her but have no response so far. I hope she's back soon or lets us know what's happening.

First visit to WDW in 1976. Many times since then.

Tatania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 04:52 PM   #1719
TheGoofyMama

Post MARRAKESH COMBO (Brochette of Chicken, Brochette of Kefta)

Epcot International Food and Wine Festival 1998

M O R O C C O

Serves: 4 people
Brochette of Chicken
(marinated chicken breast grilled
on a skewer)
12 oz. Chicken Breast, cut in one
inch cubes
1/2 bunch Fresh Parsley, finely chopped
1 tsp. Fresh Garlic, minced
1/2 tsp. Cumin
Salt & White Pepper to taste
3/4 cup Soybean Oil
2 drops Yellow Food Coloring
4 each Eight Inch Skewer Sticks
METHOD:
Mix all ingredients well. On each skewer
stick, put 3 oz. of chicken. Cook over a
bed of hot coals on a barbecue grill or
broil in oven until tender, about 5 minutes.

Tagine of Kefta
(meatballs in Shermula Sauce)
12 oz. Ground Beef
1 medium Onion, finely chopped
1/2 bunch Coriander, chopped
1/2 bunch Parsley, chopped
1 tsp. Salt
1 tsp. White Pepper
1 tblsp. Cumin
1 tblsp. Paprika
METHOD:
Combine ingredients. Roll into meatballs. Brown and then boil in
Shermula Sauce until done.

Shermula Sauce
1/2 cup Tomato Sauce
1/2 each Onion, chopped
1 each Tomato, diced
1/2 tblsp. Garlic
1/2 tblsp. Cumin
1/2 tblsp. Salt
1/2 tblsp. White Pepper
1 bunch Coriander
2 oz. Olive Oil

METHOD:
Combine above ingredients, bring to a boil and reduce sauce until it
reaches desired thickness.
http://pages.prodigy.net/stevesoares/food.htm
Old 03-12-2008, 04:53 PM   #1720
TheGoofyMama

Post Choukchouka Salad

M O R O C C O

Serves: 4 people
2 ea. Bell Peppers, chopped
4 ea. Tomatoes, chopped
1/2 bunch Coriander, chopped
1 tsp. Salt
1 tsp. White Pepper
1 tblsp. Garlic
1 tblsp. Paprika
1 tblsp. Cumin
1 tblsp. Tomato Paste
METHOD:
Sauté bell peppers, tomatoes, parsley, and coriander in 1/2 cup olive oil.
Season with remaining ingredients. Sauté until tender and thick.
Serve hot or cold.

http://pages.prodigy.net/stevesoares/food.htm
Old 03-12-2008, 04:54 PM   #1721
TheGoofyMama

Post Lamb Chops With Mango Chutney

NEW ZEALAND

Serves 4 people

4 each Lamb Chops
2 oz. Vegetable Oil
1 tsp. Thyme, chopped
1 tsp. Rosemary, chopped
Salt & Pepper to taste

METHOD:
Pour the oil into a plastic container, then
add chopped thyme, and rosemary.
Marinate the lamb chops in this mixture
for a few minutes before grilling.
Preheat the grill at 350º or on medium.
Grill the lamb chops to the desired tem-
perature. Serve the chutney on the top
of the lamb or on the side.

Mango Chutney
1 each Mango, ripened
3/4 oz. Ginger, chopped
1/2 each red Bell Pepper, chopped
1 tsp. Coriander, chopped
1/2 oz. Vegetable Oil
3 oz. Malt Vinegar
1 oz. Raisin Midget
2 oz. Red Onion, chopped
3 oz. Brown Sugar
1/2 tsp. Tabasco Sauce

METHOD:
Sauté the onions in a pan until golden brown, then add sugar and
vinegar. Simmer for 5 minutes. Add all remaining ingredients and
simmer for 35 minutes over a low heat until the mixture is thick
and pulpy, stirring occasionally. Should the chutney still seem a lit-
tle too liquid, boil on a high heat to allow the excess liquid to evap-
orate. Let the chutney cool slightly, then serve with the lamb chops.
source: http://pages.prodigy.net/stevesoares/food.htm
Old 03-12-2008, 05:04 PM   #1722
disneyfav4ever
No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep on believing, the dream that you wish will come true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatania View Post
I know llyn hasn't been around to update since Feb. 27 and I've PMed her but have no response so far. I hope she's back soon or lets us know what's happening.
I hope she's okay, that's quite awhile since the last time she has posted.
Old 03-12-2008, 08:07 PM   #1723
Tatania
Disney Foodie

Celtic Chique

Celtic Chique
Raglan Road Restaurant and Pub, Pleasure Island
Serves 4

12 spring onions, trimmed
2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
4 oven-ready poussins (These are the smallest chickens available to buy. Each one is a perfect portion size.)
3 oz (3/4 stick) butter (at room temperature)
8 fresh sage leaves, plus extra to garnish
2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
8 ounces Swiss chard, thick stalks removed and roughly chopped
coarse sea salt and freshly ground black pepper

Preheat the oven to 350°F. Arrange the spring onions in a roasting tin. Season generously and toss in half the olive oil until evenly coated.
Loosen the skin around the neck of each poussin and push under a little of the butter until evenly spread over the breast, then push a sage leaf down each side that they are clearly visible.
Arrange the poussins on the bed of spring onions and scatter over the garlic. Drizzle over the remaining olive oil and season to taste. Roast for 35 minutes until the poussins are completely tender and golden brown. Leave to rest in a warm place for at least 10 minutes.
To serve, heat the remaining knob of butter in a pan and quickly sauté the chard for a minute or two until wilted. Season to taste and divide it among warmed serving plates. Add some of the roasted spring onions to each one and sit a poussin on top. Scatter over the sage leaves to garnish.

Old 03-12-2008, 08:50 PM   #1724
Tatania
Disney Foodie

It's Not Bleedin' Chowder

It's Not Bleedin' Chowder
Raglan Road Irish Pub and Restaurant at Downtown Disney
Serves 4 -6

1 oz (1/4 stick) butter
1 small onion, diced
1 leek, diced
1 small carrot, diced
1 potato, cubed
2 oz smoked salmon slices, cut into julienne
½ cup dry white wine
2 cups fennel scented fish stock or water (recipe below Recipe below
8 ounces mixed fresh fish fillets , skinned and cut into bite size pieces (such as cod, haddock, hake, and salmon)
6 ounces raw prawns (Dublin Bay if you can get them) and mussels, scrubbed clean
1 1/4 tablespoons chopped fresh flat- leaf parsley
3/4 cup cream
salt and freshly ground black pepper

Heat a large pan over medium heat. Add the butter and when it is foaming, tip in the onion, leeks, carrot, potato and smoked salmon. Sauté for 2 to 3 minutes until softened.
Pour the wine into the pan and allowed to bubble down and reduce by half. Add the fish stock or water and bring to a simmer, then add a fresh fish and shellfish.
Return the pan to a simmer and add the parsley and cream, then season to taste. Cover with a lid and simmer gently for another 2 to 3 minutes until the fish and prawns are tender and all of the mussels have opened; discard any that do not.
To serve, ladle the chowder into warmed serving bowls, piling plenty of the fish and shellfish into the center of each one and garnish with chopped parsley.
Note: the secret of this soup is not to overcook the fish, so bear in mind that everything continues to cook even after it has taken off the heat.

Fennel Scented Fish Stock
Makes 2 liters

1 onion, chopped
1 leek, chopped
1 celery stick, chopped
2 garlic cloves, not peeled
1/2 cup olive oil
3 pounds white fish bones and head, well rinsed and roughly chopped
2 each fresh flat leaf parsley and thyme sprigs tied together with string
1 1/3 cups white wine
1/2 lemon, sliced
1/4 teaspoon white peppercorns
3 fresh fennel sprigs

Place the onion, leek, celery and garlic in a large stock pot with a lid. Add the oil and heat until the vegetables start to sizzle. Cover and gently sweat the vegetables over a low heat for about 15 minutes until softened but not colored.
Stir the fish bones and head into the pan with the wine and cook until almost all of the liquid has evaporated. Pour in (2 liters) 2 quarts plus 1 cup of water with the herbs, lemon and peppercorns. Bring to a boil, skimming off the scum from the surface with a spoon. Reduce the heat and simmer uncovered for 20 minutes- no longer or the bones will become bitter. Remove from the heat, stir in the fennel sprigs and set aside for 10 minutes to allow the flavors to infuse.
Line a large colander with wet muslin and set over a large bowl. Carefully strain through the liquid discarding the bones, vegetables and herbs. Leave to cool, cover with Saran wrap and place in the fridge. Use within three days, or freeze and use within a month.

Last edited by Tatania; 03-12-2008 at 10:58 PM.
Old 03-13-2008, 01:47 AM   #1725
Tatania
Disney Foodie

Diligently Selected Cheese Plate

Diligently Selected Cheese Plate
Napa Rose, Grand Californian Hotel, Disneyland

This is served for dessert.
Start by arranging 8 small cheese samples on a large plate like the numerals on a clock. Use domestic and European cheeses. Chef Andrew Sutton generally includes cheese from Northern California, others from Spain, England or France. The selection usually includes one semi-firm sheep's milk cheese; two or three goat's milk cheeses; one triple-cream and one double-cream cow's milk cheese; and two blue-veined cheeses. An assortment of delectable rustic breads accompanies the display.
In the center of the ``clock,'' put 3 dollops of colorful chutneys: apricot chutney sweetened with late-harvest Riesling; dried cherry chutney flavored with ruby port; and toasted pecan chutney, a mixture of nuts, Dijon mustard, honey and orange zest. Recipes below. The chutneys add sweetness, earthiness and complexity to balance the taste of the cheeses. The chutneys can be made in advance and refrigerated, well- sealed, for up to two weeks.

Apricot Chutney
Yield: About 1 1/2 cups

1 cup dried apricots
1 cup late-harvest Riesling
2 tablespoons orange blossom honey
1 tablespoon lemon juice

1. Place all ingredients in medium saucepan; bring to boil on high heat. Reduce heat to medium and simmer 12-15 minutes or until apricots are very soft.
2. Using slotted spoon, place apricots in food processor or blender, reserving liquid (if you use blender, you will need to process in 2 or 3 batches). Process until smooth, adding enough reserved liquid to make moist and jam-like. Serve small spoonful with goat cheese or soft-ripened cheese with bloomy rind, such as brie or Camembert. Can be made in advance and refrigerated up to 2 weeks.
Cooks Note: Chef Sutton suggests that the apricot chutney be paired with a soft, goat's milk cheese such as Humboldt Fog, an irresistible California chèvre that has a center layer of ash and a soft, runny edge.

Nutritional information (per tablespoon): Calories 94 (less than 1 percent from fat); fat 0.1 g, (sat fat less than 1 g); protein 0.2 g; carbohydrates 24.2 g; fiber less than 1 g; cholesterol less than 1 g; sodium 30 mg; calcium 23 mg.

Dried Cherry Chutney
Yield: About 1 1/2 cups

1 cup dried cherries
1 cup ruby port
2 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon lemon juice

1. Place all ingredients in medium saucepan and bring to boil on high heat. Reduce heat to low and gently simmer 11-12 minutes or until cherries are soft; watch carefully and add a little water or port if pan goes dry.
2. Place mixture in food processor or blender (if using blender, process in 2 batches). Process until smooth. Serve small spoonful with blue-veined cheese. Can be made in advance and refrigerated up to 2 weeks.
Cooks Note: This teams well with Shropshire blue-vein cheddar or a rich, double-cream such as Pont-l'Évêque or Livarot.

Nutritional information (per tablespoon): Calories 96 (less than 1 percent from fat); fat 0.4 g (sat less than 1 g); protein 0.1 g; carbohydrates 24.6 g; fiber less than 1 g; cholesterol 24.6 g; sodium 60 mg; calcium 34 mg.

Toasted Pecan Chutney
Yield: About 2 cups

1 1/2 cups toasted pecan halves; see cook's notes
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon honey
1/2 teaspoon orange peel (zest), colored part only
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon water
1/2 cup pecan oil OR walnut oil

Cook's notes: To toast nuts: Place nuts on baking sheet and toast in 350-degree oven until lightly browned, about 3-5 minutes. Watch carefully because nuts burn easily.

1. Place all ingredients in food processor except oil. Process until chopped. With motor running, add oil in thin stream. The mixture should have texture of wet sand. You can make it smoother by adding 1 tablespoon water or oil. Serve spoonful with semi-firm manchego-style sheep's milk cheese from the La Mancha region of Spain or a P'tit Basque or Etorki, similar cheeses made in the Pyrenees.

Nutritional information (per tablespoon): Calories 150 (78 percent from fat); fat 13 g (sat 2 g); protein 5 g; carbohydrates 6 g; fiber less than 1 g; cholesterol less than 1 g; sodium 150 mg; calcium 15 mg.

Last edited by Tatania; 03-13-2008 at 01:55 AM.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: