Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 11:27 AM   #496
jamal
Nutwing #4
You and your peeps are
B-E-A-utiful!

Does anyone know if the Volcano pool has reopened? The rehab has it closed until the 15th, but a CM told me this morning he thought it was open because it's not popping up as a rehab on his screen anymore.
Now playing:
The Fixer, The CookMaster, The Teacher, and The President: a 2007 sequel of sorts!!

3/07 BC CL,9/07 BC CL , Jan. 2008 AKL, June 2008 Windsor Hills(!), Sept. '08 Poly, Thanksgiving '08 CR CL!
Old 03-11-2008, 12:17 PM   #497
kjbrown
DIS Veteran

Hi there, just wanted to say we stayed in the Poly last month and it was WONDERFUL! I'm not sure if we'll ever stay anywhere else at WDW.

We were in the Tokelau building, had a room on the second floor facing the quiet pool. Great location, close to everything. We could even see fireworks from our balcony!

A PP asked about the food at the food court. It wasn't bad, it wasn't great, but it wasn't bad. Much better than the food at the food court at Port Orleans. IMHO. The BBQ chicken pizza was really good, although not offered every day.

Anyway, just wanted to chime in with what a great time we had at the Poly!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-11-2008, 12:20 PM   #498
packerbeth
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraBug View Post
Funny story here.....

Dh and I have been talking about going back to WDW in 2009 but we are only doing a 4 night trip and we were trying to decide which resort

I want either Poly or Contemp. Dh and I were trying to figure it out when my DDs turn on the Disney Channel and "Lilo and Stich" (the movie) was on. I forgot how much I enjoyed that movie and we both agreed then and there it was most assuredly(sp?) the Poly!! I know we aren't going until next year, but I am still excited NOW!!
We watched it when it was on, as well, and I was so happy to see my girls get so excited about meeting Lilo & Stitch, since she never really liked that movie all that well. Secretly, of course, because they don't know we're staying at the Poly...yet!
Old 03-11-2008, 12:34 PM   #499
HKinDC
Shapely Ears

Thanks for posting! I can't believe all the information compiled here, it's making me wish I could stay at the poly.
Old 03-11-2008, 12:36 PM   #500
MagicalEars
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjbrown View Post
Hi there, just wanted to say we stayed in the Poly last month and it was WONDERFUL! I'm not sure if we'll ever stay anywhere else at WDW.

We were in the Tokelau building, had a room on the second floor facing the quiet pool. Great location, close to everything. We could even see fireworks from our balcony!

A PP asked about the food at the food court. It wasn't bad, it wasn't great, but it wasn't bad. Much better than the food at the food court at Port Orleans. IMHO. The BBQ chicken pizza was really good, although not offered every day.

Anyway, just wanted to chime in with what a great time we had at the Poly!
Thanks for the info!

We put in a request to stay in Tokelau as well, so it's great to hear that you liked it.

DH (Me) DW DD13 DD7 DD4
Old 03-11-2008, 01:01 PM   #501
CoolPool
DIS Veteran

HKinDC:

I'll admit I'm curious about your tag "Optimus Prime is a jew."
Old 03-11-2008, 02:31 PM   #502
collcass
DIS Veteran

Just upgrade to the poly for our stay

and we can't wait. DH will be in St Pete's for a few days at the beginning of our trip so I get a few days at the Poly! I got garden view but figured even that must be good at the Poly :>)

We are doing the luau...hope it is worth the money
Old 03-11-2008, 02:34 PM   #503
ClaraBug
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by packerbeth View Post
We watched it when it was on, as well, and I was so happy to see my girls get so excited about meeting Lilo & Stitch, since she never really liked that movie all that well. Secretly, of course, because they don't know we're staying at the Poly...yet!
We have never stayed at the Poly either. (Guess that make me a Polyensian virgin ) But growing up and passing it via the Monorail, I was always secretly dreamed of staying there. Our trip in 2009 will only be a 4 nighter because we are taking a big family vacation to Wisconsin in early August. We are planning to only really visit MK and Epcot and hang around the Poly pools and beach. This will be a laid back Disney vacation.

So where better to lay back in enjoy the atmosphere than at the Poly!! We haven't decided if we want club level, lagoon view, MK view, or garden view...we are waiting until August when 2009 rates come out....but I am getting plenty of insight from this thread and another Poly thread...

So keep the good stuff comin'!!!!

Old 03-11-2008, 02:37 PM   #504
ClaraBug
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by collcass View Post
Let me know how it is...we are think about taking our dds..

Old 03-11-2008, 04:03 PM   #505
grecorj
Dis Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamal View Post
Does anyone know if the Volcano pool has reopened? The rehab has it closed until the 15th, but a CM told me this morning he thought it was open because it's not popping up as a rehab on his screen anymore.

Got a Poly update email from Tikiman today ... I believe he said the pool will be opening "very soon".
Old 03-11-2008, 04:42 PM   #506
Daveylegs
Earning My Ears

I was just visiting the Poly last Saturday (3/8). The pool was open! It was cold outside though so only a few brave souls entered the pool. Even the lifeguard was bundled up.
Old 03-11-2008, 07:19 PM   #507
MsStinkerBelle
Hittin' WDW Since Space Mountain was 'Coming Soon'

Quote:
Originally Posted by collcass View Post
I tell people that the luau is worth doing at least once. It was a wonderful experience and I got lots of great photos. Here's one of my favorite shots:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraBug View Post
So where better to lay back in enjoy the atmosphere than at the Poly!! We haven't decided if we want club level, lagoon view, MK view, or garden view...we are waiting until August when 2009 rates come out....but I am getting plenty of insight from this thread and another Poly thread...
No matter what view you get, you'll still be at the Poly! Lots of good times to be had. It is killing me to have to wait until December to stay at the Poly again.

Old 03-11-2008, 08:36 PM   #508
WickedWench
Ruthless Pirate turned Polynesian Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConcKahuna View Post
They use the Sealy Posturpedic Encore Pillowtop beds. You can actually buy them from Disney at www.DisneyResortCollection.com. They even have Pirate and Princess themed beds (although in the Plush not Pillowtop, still comfy though).
Wow, I guess I'm not the first person who wanted to take their hotel bed home with them! :> Thanks so much for the link!

View my Disney photos here.

Early 2010 ????? / Oct 2007 Polynesian & Animal Kingdom Lodge / Oct 2005 Grand Californian / June 2003 Boardwalk Inn / 1988 Grand Floridian / 1987, 1986 Polynesian / 1985 Treehouses / 1984 Contemporary & Polynesian / 1983, 1982, 1981 Polynesian / 1980 Fort Wilderness / 1979, 1978 Polynesian / 1977 Contemporary / May 1976 Polynesian

Old 03-12-2008, 10:33 AM   #509
HKinDC
Shapely Ears

RE: My Sig line

CoolPool - it's a quote from Family Guy. I don't really watch the show, but in one episode my husband has on DVD, the dad realizes that for his kid to be successful, he has to become Jewish, because all successful people seem to be Jewish to him...so they go into a synagogue and see all these famous people, including Optimus Prime, who proceeds to "transform" with his yarmulke and tassles which flip out. It was pretty darn brilliant.
Old 03-12-2008, 10:49 AM   #510
MsStinkerBelle
Hittin' WDW Since Space Mountain was 'Coming Soon'

Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedWench View Post
Wow, I guess I'm not the first person who wanted to take their hotel bed home with them! :> Thanks so much for the link!
You're definitely not. After my first stay at the Poly my mission was to find out what kind of mattress they use. So now I'm saving up to buy one!

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: