Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2008, 01:21 PM   #451
SeaSpray

Frankly Scallop, I don't give a clam!
Loud people give me Skull Pain!
Call me "impatient"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicalEars View Post
Thanks for the link senecabeach, don't know how I missed that.

Why am I not surprised Kona Coffee is $35lb here in Jersey. *sigh*

Thanks for the info SeaSpray. Do you need an ADR for breakfast at Kona Cafe? We're on the deluxe dining plan and have every single breakfast booked for our stay in May. However, I think we just might cancel Chef Mickey's (we've been there several times) and go with Kona Cafe instead. I don't want to cancel any of the other breakfasts (CRT, Ohana, Tusker House, Crystal Palace and Cape May Cafe) since they're all character meals.

Mmmmm......Kona Coffee and Tonga Toast. They may never get me to leave!
Did you happen to see my pictures of the pineapple-macadamia nut pancakes at the Kona Cafe???? My DH loves the Tonga Toast and I love the pancakes so we usually order them and share. Here you go, for your viewing pleasure :

As for making an ADR for breakfast, we always do because I like to know that I'll be able to get in to a particular restaurant at the time that I want to eat. However, depending on when you go (I think you said you're going in May - which dates?? We'll be there May 18 - 23) you should be able to walk in without one.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~ Polynesian LVC July '10 ~ Polynesian LVC May '08 ~ RCI's 'Explorer of the Seas' Oct '07 ~ Polynesian LVC July '07 ~ Port Orleans Riverside May '07 ~ Disney Magic "Cruising Castaways" Cruise & Polynesian LVC Aug '06 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge May '06 ~ Polynesian LVC Oct '05 ~ Wilderness Lodge CL & Polynesian LVC July '05 ~ Disney Magic 10-night "Lost at Sea" Hurricane Cruise Aug/Sept '04 ~ RCI Bermuda Cruise '03 ~ Caribbean Beach '02 ~ Grand Floridian LV '01 ~ Caribbean Beach '01 ~ DisneyLand '95 ~ WDW '85,'78,'76 ~
[/center]
Old 03-08-2008, 01:23 PM   #452
denman007

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR Resort Fan 4 Life View Post
There is one huge beach and no matter where you choose to watch Wishes from it's still an amazing view.
This is what it would look like...

http://mysite.verizon.net/imagelib/s...et=tlx_picq9so
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-08-2008, 01:33 PM   #453
SeaSpray

Call me "impatient"

Quote:
Originally Posted by feistyblue View Post
I'm planning on adding a few nights at the Poly at the end of our stay and I can't decide between lagoon or MK view. Do all Lagoon View rooms have some kind of obstructed view of the castle? Or are there lagoon view rooms with no sight of the castle at all? Are there any lagoon or MK view rooms that are a "long" way from GCH?
Lagoon view rooms do not guarantee ANY kind of view of the castle; obstructed or clear. They only guarantee that you'll be able to see the lagoon.

Only a MK view room will give you a clear view of the park, but I am not 100% sure if that also guarantees a clear view of the castle or not. I tend to think it does, but I don't want to say that since I'm not totally sure.

~ Polynesian LVC July '10 ~ Polynesian LVC May '08 ~ RCI's 'Explorer of the Seas' Oct '07 ~ Polynesian LVC July '07 ~ Port Orleans Riverside May '07 ~ Disney Magic "Cruising Castaways" Cruise & Polynesian LVC Aug '06 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge May '06 ~ Polynesian LVC Oct '05 ~ Wilderness Lodge CL & Polynesian LVC July '05 ~ Disney Magic 10-night "Lost at Sea" Hurricane Cruise Aug/Sept '04 ~ RCI Bermuda Cruise '03 ~ Caribbean Beach '02 ~ Grand Floridian LV '01 ~ Caribbean Beach '01 ~ DisneyLand '95 ~ WDW '85,'78,'76 ~
[/center]
Old 03-08-2008, 01:56 PM   #454
MagicalEars
Mouseketeer

Bummer SeaSpry, we'll just miss you! We are staying May 11th to the 17th. We chose those dates because we wanted to be there for the P&P Party, which we already received our tickets for... , and it connects nicely with my RDO's (days off) so I can use less vacation time and save it for our hopeful trip back in December of this year as well to see WDW all decorated up.

I was hoping we could just walk in. It's one of the reasons we always try to go in May. It's still hot but not "cook an egg in shorts hot", and the crowds are usually moderate. That should defineately apply to this year as Easter comes early in March. The only time we had a real crowded May was when they just kicked off their "Happiest Celebration on Earth" or some such when they opened Soarin and such. They had the media and everything there, it was just a madhouse.

I also see mention on Club level, is this the same as Concierge? We didn't book concierge this time, again we have a second vacation planned in Dec and we have allot we plan on paying for during the trip like BBB for our 7yr old and all the Disney merchandise we can shove into our van.

EDIT: Wow did I butcher the English language with this post.

DH (Me) DW DD13 DD7 DD4

Last edited by MagicalEars; 03-08-2008 at 01:58 PM. Reason: Just very poor grammer. EEK!
Old 03-08-2008, 02:41 PM   #455
PrincessBelle23
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by denman007 View Post

that is beautiful!! Unfortunately, the Poly is WAY out of my price range! This summer we have dinner reservations there so it'll be my first time seeing the restort in person and I'm SO excited! I'm completely infatuated with it, and plan on staying there in a few years or so when DBF and I (hopefully!) get married in Disney!

*Offsite Sep '99* *POR July '05* *POP Jan '06*
*ASMo Aug '06* *POR Aug '07* *ASMo Aug 08*
*POLY Oct '09 * *BCV Jan 10* *SSR Sep '10 *
*CRS Sep '11 ~Honeymoon trip!~
*AKL Jan '12 * *Offsite Oct '12*

Me & Hubby
Upcoming Trips:
January 2014!
Old 03-08-2008, 03:13 PM   #456
MagicalEars
Mouseketeer

Quote:
that is beautiful!! Unfortunately, the Poly is WAY out of my price range! This summer we have dinner reservations there so it'll be my first time seeing the restort in person and I'm SO excited! I'm completely infatuated with it, and plan on staying there in a few years or so when DBF and I (hopefully!) get married in Disney
I hope you get your wish and get married in Disney. We've honeymooned and spent our 10th anniversary at WDW and it was great. During our 10th we met a couple on the bus to MK that we're on their honeymoon and she was on . They had the just married hats and pins. It was awesome!

I tried to get an ADR at the Garden Grill on our 10th so we could the the ice cream kissing thing for our Anniversary, but it would have embarassed my wife to no end.

DH (Me) DW DD13 DD7 DD4
Old 03-08-2008, 03:22 PM   #457
SeaSpray

Call me "impatient"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicalEars View Post
Bummer SeaSpry, we'll just miss you! We are staying May 11th to the 17th. We chose those dates because we wanted to be there for the P&P Party, which we already received our tickets for... , and it connects nicely with my RDO's (days off) so I can use less vacation time and save it for our hopeful trip back in December of this year as well to see WDW all decorated up.

I was hoping we could just walk in. It's one of the reasons we always try to go in May. It's still hot but not "cook an egg in shorts hot", and the crowds are usually moderate. That should defineately apply to this year as Easter comes early in March. The only time we had a real crowded May was when they just kicked off their "Happiest Celebration on Earth" or some such when they opened Soarin and such. They had the media and everything there, it was just a madhouse.

I also see mention on Club level, is this the same as Concierge? We didn't book concierge this time, again we have a second vacation planned in Dec and we have allot we plan on paying for during the trip like BBB for our 7yr old and all the Disney merchandise we can shove into our van.

EDIT: Wow did I butcher the English language with this post.
That's too bad that we'll just miss each other! I LOVE going in May, it's my favorite time of year to visit WDW (although I'd never turn down a trip at ANY time of year! ).

Yes, Club Level is the new name for Concierge Level. The reason they've changed it is to avoid confusion with the fairly new "Lobby Concierge" service that they offer in the lobbies of all of the resorts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessBelle23 View Post
that is beautiful!! Unfortunately, the Poly is WAY out of my price range! This summer we have dinner reservations there so it'll be my first time seeing the restort in person and I'm SO excited! I'm completely infatuated with it, and plan on staying there in a few years or so when DBF and I (hopefully!) get married in Disney!
Enjoy your dinner at the Polynesian! My first ever visit to the Polynesian was for dinner, too. Then we took a walk out back to see the "new" volcano pool (in 2001) and absolutely fell in love with the entire resort!

I love your avatar pic!

[/center]
Old 03-08-2008, 03:32 PM   #458
MagicalEars
Mouseketeer

Ahh...thanks for clearing that up.

Club level is on our list of "must have" for our trip next year.

*sigh* Is May here yet? I sooooo need a vacation.

DH (Me) DW DD13 DD7 DD4
Old 03-08-2008, 04:06 PM   #459
Carrie772
Resolve to Recycle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaSpray View Post
They do sell the 100% Kona coffee to take home, too
I bought some this year to give to my Dad as his Christmas present. I believe ti was $35 or so. I was happy to pay it though. Cheaper than buying it in Hawaii!! Plus, it came from the Polynesian. That makes it tons more valuable.
'76 CR; '83 offsite; '94 CBR; '02 Residence Inn; '04 CSR; '05 Poly; '05 ASSp/WL; '06 Poly; '07 POR; '07 WL; '08 CSR; '09 Poly; '10 WL; '11 Poly; '11 POR/Poly; '12 CR/Poly; '13 Poly; '14 Quickie at BC;
Old 03-08-2008, 04:16 PM   #460
SeaSpray

Call me "impatient"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrie772 View Post
I bought some this year to give to my Dad as his Christmas present. I believe ti was $35 or so. I was happy to pay it though. Cheaper than buying it in Hawaii!! Plus, it came from the Polynesian. That makes it tons more valuable.

Thanks, I didn't know how much it sold for at the resort. I plan on buying some in May. And I agree, I'll enjoy that coffee MUCH more knowing it came back with me from the Polynesian! LOL

[/center]
Old 03-08-2008, 04:33 PM   #461
nonzerosum
DIS Veteran

We just got back from the best week of our life staying at the Poly (Tokelau). We've travelled many places around the world and both my husband and I agreed that our week in WDW was the most enjoyable trip yet. Our kids DD4 and DS1 LOVED the Poly and have become just as obsessed as we are. We became completely spoiled and it will be hard to ever stay anywhere else. Actually, there was a bounceback offer in our room so I booked us a week at the end of Sept. Hopefully we won't all melt to death in that weather.

For all those who wonder how fast you can actually get from MK to poly, one evening we made it from the Tea Cups ride to the inside of our room in 15 minutes!!!! Granted we were walking quickly with strollers, but still, 15 minutes!!

What's with the size of the beds at the Poly? All week long we kept saying "are you sure theses aren't king beds?" They were huge and so comfy. So awesome. Prior to arriving we weren't sure where our 22 month old was going to sleep as he's out of a crib at home (he sleeps on a mattress on the floor). When we arrived at the Poly, my husband had the brilliant idea of putting the 2 chairs together to create a long and semi enclosed bed. It was great. WE pushed the "bed" up against our bed and put all of the extra pillows and shams stacked on the floor on the other side of his "bed". The chair cushions were really firm and my DS slept throught the night every night and feel asleep within 5 minutes each night. If only it would be this way at home. I have lots more to add about the poly, but my DD is poking at me to play Disney charades so I'll have to post more later.
Old 03-08-2008, 05:32 PM   #462
Palm_Tree
Mouseketeer

Heading to WDW and Poly for first time in late April and very excited. Any know approximately how long it takes to get back to Poly after Wishes on an average night? (assuming watching Wishes on Main Street near Caseys).What about Illuminations by monorail from Italy?
Old 03-08-2008, 06:24 PM   #463
MsStinkerBelle
Hittin' WDW Since Space Mountain was 'Coming Soon'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palm_Tree View Post
Heading to WDW and Poly for first time in late April and very excited. Any know approximately how long it takes to get back to Poly after Wishes on an average night? (assuming watching Wishes on Main Street near Caseys).What about Illuminations by monorail from Italy?
Hiya!

We've done the same thing watching Wishes near Caseys but we didn't leave the park right away. The reason is, on an average night, a lot of folks beat to the exit of the park to get to the TTC. So I'd say it would take you probably about 20 minutes to get back to the Poly. Keep in mind you can take the monorail and the boat.

From the Italy pavillion I'd say about 30 minutes before you're back at the Poly.

Hope that helps!

Old 03-08-2008, 07:38 PM   #464
brergnat
DIS Veteran

1 BR Princess Suite

Has anyone stayed in one of these?

I just realized that this is cheaper than the 2 GVC rooms we have booked for next May. Even with no discount, and an AAA discount on the rooms we have booked now, we would save $1000 by staying in one of these. We booked 2 rooms so we could have a separate space to go if the kids needed to nap/go to bed earlier, and my MIL may join us for a few days, but she would fit fine on the daybed if necessary...she's TINY.

I'm wondering if it would be better to stay in the 1BR Princess suite than 2 connecting GVC rooms. Having a second bathroom is not an issue. We'd be fine with one, especially the one as large as the one in this suite!

Any input?
Old 03-08-2008, 08:25 PM   #465
WickedWench
Ruthless Pirate turned Polynesian Princess

Anyone know what kind of mattresses they use at the Poly? I need a new one, and they were so comfortable there, I might just buy one of them!

View my Disney photos here.

Early 2010 ????? / Oct 2007 Polynesian & Animal Kingdom Lodge / Oct 2005 Grand Californian / June 2003 Boardwalk Inn / 1988 Grand Floridian / 1987, 1986 Polynesian / 1985 Treehouses / 1984 Contemporary & Polynesian / 1983, 1982, 1981 Polynesian / 1980 Fort Wilderness / 1979, 1978 Polynesian / 1977 Contemporary / May 1976 Polynesian

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: