Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK DVC Discussion
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-01-2008, 01:00 PM   #1
Nicola2010
Mouseketeer

Booked our first home stay today!

Hi everyone,

I am mega excited as today my fiance and i booked our first home stay at SSR for Sept - Oct 08

Also booked the Magical Express and are just waiting to get to the 180 day point to do our ADR's!

We are going out with family and will also looking at the wedding venues as we plan to marry in Disney in May 2010

Exciting times and just wanted to share it with people who understand the Disney excitement!

Nicola
Nicola2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 01:08 PM   #2
The Fetherstons
DIS Veteran

Well Done Nicola

You lucky thing Its a fabulous place to be getting Married , you must be so excited, happy planning

MY ICE BUDDY IS MICHELLE - SNOWYGIRLS
Me (35) DH Craig (37) DS Adam (7)

1980 Disney0ff Site 1993/7 Disney Offsite, 2001 Honeymoon ASMusic
2005/6 ASMovies, 2007 Pop Century 2008 CBR, 2009 Tuscany Villa
The Fetherstons is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-01-2008, 03:35 PM   #3
Becx N Gav

DIS Veteran

That's fab

Hope you have a great time, I can't wait til our first trip HOME in December (seems like ages away)

Congratulations on your up-coming Wedding Any ideas yet? There is so much choice but they really do a fantastic job!

Disney excitment is the best

Do you know which stops your Magical Express will do? Is it just SSR?
DLP Santa Fe - Oct 2000 *DLP New York Hotel - Jan 2004 *WDW Grand Floridian/Beach Club - Sept 2005 *WDW Beach Club - Oct 2006 *DFTW WDW Wilderness Lodge Villas/Boardwalk Inn - Oct 2007 *DLP Sequoia Lodge - March 2008 *WDW Saratoga Springs - Dec 2008 *Swan and DCL Podcast cruise - May 2009 *WDW Beach Club Villas - Sept 2009 *DCL 11 night Med cruise - April 2010 *WDW Saratoga Springs/Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village/Bay Lake Towers and DCL Podcast cruise 2 - Dec 2010* WDW Old Key West - Dec 2011
Becx N Gav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 03:47 PM   #4
jns
Tries hard to get the jelly off Jaffa Cakes without breaking it!!!!

Its a great feeling booking your first trip
make sure and check out the wedding boards on here some great TR

only onother 16 days until I can try and book BCV for our Oct stay
wish me luck
2007 Animal Kingdom , Disney Magic , Saratoga Springs,NYC
2008 DLRP Santa Fa , Beachclub Villas, Wilderness Lodge ,Disney Magic and New York

2009 BayLake Towers, Beachclub Villas and Disney Wonder 2011 Disney Magic, Mediterranean Cruise, Old Key West2012 Los Vegas, Grand Calf and San Fran 2013 Disney fantasy , Wilderness Lodge and Vero Beach

We now know the secert too!! Trip report 2006 Trip Report 2008 WDW / DCL
jns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 03:53 PM   #5
Revtel
Mouseketeer

Congratulations, Nicola.

Every joy to you and yours.

Revtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 05:58 PM   #6
Nicola2010
Mouseketeer

Thank you everyone... ive just had my mum round for dinner (for mothers day as i cant see her tomorrow) we watched our disney trip video from may 2006 and i got goosebumps... i love it all and really cannot wait!

Bex i see you got married in disney last year, many congratulations to you!

I have checked out the wedding boards, infact im hooked lol but it's so brilliant to be able to speak to people who have done it or are planning it

With regards to ideas. we are hoping to get wed in late May 2010 so that i can also combine this with my 30th birthday celebrations. We would like to get married at the Wedding Pavillion and to follow this with a reception at the UK pub in Epcot and stay on for a dessert party and watch the illuminations, from the terrace area.

All has to be confirmed as yet of course but i just cant wait to start planning!

Hope to speak to you all again soon
Old 03-01-2008, 06:11 PM   #7
suzycute
DIS Veteran

Congratulations on your SSR purchase!! We will also be going "home" for the first time to SSR in October (5 - 12th, then Wonder cruise for 4 days then 16th - 18th back at SSR).

Congratulations on your impending Disney Wedding - what a fantastic venue! Keep us posted with your plans!

We have also booked Magical Express for October.

What ADR's are you thinking of?? (I'm still thinking about all the possibilities!!)
suzycute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 06:30 PM   #8
Nicola2010
Mouseketeer

Hi suzycute,

How exciting, we will be at the SSR at the same time lol

hmm ADR's well it's not all finalised yet but DF definitely wants an evening at the France restaurant in Epcot. I would like to try the UK pub in Epcot (purely for wedding research reasons) We also want to eat at Tony's in magic kingdom but nothing else has been decided as yet... lots of excting chats to take place over the next few weeks!

Where have you thought about spending your time?

May 2006 WDW Offsite (& joined DVC) June 2007 stayed at the Lake District in UK (with DVC) Sept 2008 SSR May 2010 At home wedding followed by a 3 week Disneymoon!
Old 03-02-2008, 06:37 AM   #9
suzycute
DIS Veteran

Hi Nicola

Our ADR's not finalised either. We're celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary whilst we are on the Wonder - hopefully the celebrations will be ongoing the whole time we are there. I really would love to see Wishes whist eating at the California Grill. I've been told that the Chefs de France is good. Also thinking about Le Cellier - and the food and wine festival will be on too so lots of things to taste. I am the Disney Freak so DH is pretty well leaving the planning to me but I discuss alot with my DD who is also Disney Mad (and is dreaming of her wedding at WDW!!) and who is coming with me to SSR in 2009.

Apart from ADR's, I'd love to go to La Nouba and Jelly Rolls and maybe do the Segway Tour - so much to do and not enough time - although the joy of owning now means we can just look forward to doing things the year after and the year after that!

Keep us posted as to what you eventually decide to do!
suzycute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 02:42 AM   #10
scousetink
Earning My Ears

Congrats and a query

Hi Nicola, firstly congrats on your upcoming nuptuals. We got married a couple of weeks ago and had our honeymoon at WDW (were going there on holiday before we decided to get married but was just the best place to be on honeymoon!!). We loved it so much we are thinking of buying into DVC at SSR but finding cheap enough flights difficult at the mo - can I ask how you are finding it as it's something we would really like to do?
On the wedding front again, re the Illuminations from the terrace, we managed to get booked on the Illuminations cruise, which I know is usually nigh on inpossible, and we had a great skipper who explained everything to us, which made it much better, and seeing the whole thing from the boat and so close made it even better, so if you get the chance I would really recommend doing it this way. It's very romantic too, as a guy in the next boat to us proposed while we were out there, so for part of your wedding it would be lovely, moonlight, champagne and fireworks - lovely!
Best wishes x
scousetink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 03:41 AM   #11
Minniespal

The Original 'Free Spirit'
Who's Next??

Congrats Nicola
Minniespal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 08:31 AM   #12
Nicola2010
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by scousetink View Post
Hi Nicola, firstly congrats on your upcoming nuptuals. We got married a couple of weeks ago and had our honeymoon at WDW (were going there on holiday before we decided to get married but was just the best place to be on honeymoon!!). We loved it so much we are thinking of buying into DVC at SSR but finding cheap enough flights difficult at the mo - can I ask how you are finding it as it's something we would really like to do?
On the wedding front again, re the Illuminations from the terrace, we managed to get booked on the Illuminations cruise, which I know is usually nigh on inpossible, and we had a great skipper who explained everything to us, which made it much better, and seeing the whole thing from the boat and so close made it even better, so if you get the chance I would really recommend doing it this way. It's very romantic too, as a guy in the next boat to us proposed while we were out there, so for part of your wedding it would be lovely, moonlight, champagne and fireworks - lovely!
Best wishes x
Hi scousetink,

Thank you for taking the time to read and reply to my thread

I love the idea of the illuminations cruise, but thought i read somewhere that it could only take 13 people and we will have 15 in our party... maybe df and i will do this on our honeymoon, once the families have gone home though

I have always loved Disney, however the month i bought into DVC was the absolute first time i had ever been to Disney, and America as a whole, but i just knew that this is where i wanted to spend every holiday and df felt the same (although he had been every other year since about 1995). DF's sister and brother-in-law had been DVC members at SSR for a few years by the time we bought into it, so we felt an element of reasurance from this but in reality it's Disney, if something goes wrong, it's not like we wouldnt get some sort of compensation from it lol

We approached one of the DVC stands (at DTD i think) and they arranged to pick us up from our hotel the next morning at around 8am... we had a looked around and loved everything about the resort (even though it wasnt finished as yet). we had a question and answer session with our guide and we felt very informed about the whole thing. When we left they even drove us to the entrance of Magic Kingdom so that we could meet up with our family, which i thought was really lovely of them. They agreed to us calling them once we had got back home and assessed our finances as to whether we wanted to join. As soon as we got home we weighed everything up and decided that this way over the course of the (48 years) that we were buying into that it would work out cheaper in the long term, once we have children etc it will make it more feasible to holiday there so we went for it!

This will be our first time staying at SSR this year but we've never had any probs with booking anything. Our points are allocated each dec, it is annoying to have to pay the annual dues in Jan (after xmas) every year but due to the exchange rate theyve not been too bad, and we pay by our debit card and our bank (halifax) only charges us £1.50 for this transaction which i think is very reasonable.

We havent had probs with the flights, we are members of virgin frequent flyers and use miles plus money fares (we're flying premium economy this time and are very excited).

I would say if you know your gonna spend the majority of your holidays in Disney then go for it! Obviously. unless your very wealthy it's not poss to visit Disney every year but the points can be banked or as there are other places in the world the points can be used, we had a lovely week's holiday in the Lake District last year which was relatively inexpensive.

I cant praise DVC enough but you have to feel comfortable with it as it's a lot of money to spend in one go.

Sorry if i rambled but i hope that helped

May 2006 WDW Offsite (& joined DVC) June 2007 stayed at the Lake District in UK (with DVC) Sept 2008 SSR May 2010 At home wedding followed by a 3 week Disneymoon!

Last edited by Nicola2010; 03-04-2008 at 08:39 AM.
Old 03-04-2008, 08:35 AM   #13
Nicola2010
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minniespal View Post
Congrats Nicola
Thanks Minniespal

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: