Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-22-2008, 12:22 PM   #1
misscmac
Mouseketeer

April Showers Bring May Flowers & A Much Anticipated Disney Trip.NEW-BEST STEAK EVER!

Since we have officially started doing the Double Digit Dance (which goes a little something like this: ) we decided that it was about time to start our Pre-Trip Report! This is our first attempt at a Pre-Trip Report (and Trip Report) so you will have to bear with us! I'm writing from my username, but as you can tell I have a partner-in-crime - my partner is my fiancé who will also be contributing to the report (his two cents will be in blue ). For your visual enjoyment you’ll get to see more pictures than I’d care to admit that I have taken and hopefully you’ll enjoy a little bit of humor along the way.

The Details…

Who:
Christine – ME! - (21)- Disney lover since my first trip in 1997 (yes, I liked the castle even when it looked like this: ) and am lucky to be with someone who enjoys Disney as much as I do.

Justin - DF -(23)- The love of my life . His first trip was also in 1997 and he's been back a whole bunch of times since then. He deserves 99.9 % of the credit for planning this trip, and all of our other Disney trips. Soon to be college grad… sure does feel good to say that. I’d be lying to you if I said I wasn’t crazy about the World and since I like being a part of the fellowship of the Disney lovers I cannot tell a lie. The ultimate Disney planner, if I could do this for a living I would. I’m not quite at the level of “clipboard of fun” but pretty close, just ask DF.

Phil – Justin’s Mom - (40’s)- Loves Disney and the provider of (some of) the funds for this trip!

Ed – Justin’s Dad - (50’s) – Also loves Disney. Each time he goes he claims he will try a turkey leg - when it comes time to getting one he says, “If I get a turkey leg I wont have any reason to come back.” BS!

Cathy – Christine’s Mom - (ageless)- Not sure if she is in “love” with Disney or just likes to get away. (I think she is in love with Disney…thanks to us!) She’ll be joining us mid-trip for a little fun in the sun. Can’t resist a trip with her favorite future son in law…

Maria - Justin’s Grandmother (60’s) – she couldn’t resist another trip with her favorite grandson, to see Mickey and his Friends. She will be flying down with Cathy midway through the trip.

(For some reason , we don't have any pictures of her uploaded from our last trip!)

When:

Tuesday, May 20 – Wednesday, May 28

Where:

Disney’s POP Century Resort

This is our third time staying at POP. DF and I absolutely LOVE this resort mostly because it is cheap and the bus service here is fantastic.

Why:

DF and I are graduating from URI on May 18 and decided to celebrate the occasion with another trip to Disney! We are excited to take on the World….Disney World of course! We booked our vacation back in August when the 2008 rates first became available (though we’ve been planning this trip in our minds since our last trip in May 2006!).

Last edited by misscmac; 07-29-2008 at 06:08 PM.
Old 02-22-2008, 12:31 PM   #2
emmiesmom
Mouseketeer

Congratulations on your trip and graduation!!! How great that both of your families are going together!!!

2013 April BWV/VWL & Sept Beach Club
2012 April BLT
2011 Feb AKV & Sept BLT and Poly
2010 July DLR at GCV & Feb BLT
2009 Nov WL, BWV & BLT 2009- May CR & BWV
2008 July-WL
2008 April- DD's 1st Trip-CR
2004- Swan
2001- Poly Honeymoon
1999 - DLRP
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-22-2008, 12:58 PM   #3
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

Sounds like fun! Not with ya on the turkey legs though... their appeal seems to escape me Looking forward to hearing about your plans. My trip isn't til Oct and I need an outlet for all my Disney energy!!

Old 02-22-2008, 01:06 PM   #4
misscmac
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmiesmom View Post
Congratulations on your trip and graduation!!! How great that both of your families are going together!!!
Thanks! We are very lucky that everyone gets along so well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
Sounds like fun! Not with ya on the turkey legs though... their appeal seems to escape me Looking forward to hearing about your plans. My trip isn't til Oct and I need an outlet for all my Disney energy!!
I am not a fan of the turkey legs either - for some reason it doesn't appeal to me on a 90+ degree summer day...

Thanks for reading!
Old 02-22-2008, 02:31 PM   #5
BeeBopp
Mouseketeer

Great start! DH and I went to Disney after we graduated too. Happy planning!

Me DH DDog

'87-Poly; '97-BW; '98-Poly; '01-AKL&BW; '03-BW; '04-Our Wedding!-BCV; '05-BWV; '08-BCV & BW
Old 02-23-2008, 08:19 AM   #6
misscmac
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeBopp View Post
Great start! DH and I went to Disney after we graduated too. Happy planning!
Thanks for reading BeeBopp! I love the signature pictures - so pretty!
Old 02-23-2008, 08:29 AM   #7
stagemomx3
DIS Veteran

Great start, I can't wait to read more of your dueling report.
Old 02-23-2008, 09:04 AM   #8
Donald is #1
DIS Veteran

Great start!

You mentioned that you are both graduating from URI. Are you joining the workforce or going on for a grad degree?

Thanks Kimmar
Go Red Sox & Patriots!
Old 02-23-2008, 06:39 PM   #9
misscmac
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stagemomx3 View Post
Great start, I can't wait to read more of your dueling report.
Thanks for reading! It's supposed to be a collaboration, but I'm sure that it will turn into a duel at times!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald is #1 View Post
Great start!

You mentioned that you are both graduating from URI. Are you joining the workforce or going on for a grad degree?
Thanks! I actually graduated this past December (but will participate in the ceremony in May) and just started working full-time, so I guess I've "officially" joined the workforce! I am so glad to be done with school , and don't see myself attending Grad school in the near future (unless absolutely necessary).

Justin is going to school to become a math teacher so he will join the workforce as well. I believe that Grad school is a requirement at some point in the future, just not sure how soon he'd want to go.
Old 02-23-2008, 06:40 PM   #10
misscmac
Mouseketeer

After searching through my computer, I managed to find a picture of Justin's Grandmother, Maria, from out last trip. Here she is with Minnie Mouse:

That was her first trip to Disney and she had a great time - we are thrilled that she decided to join us again!
Old 02-23-2008, 06:43 PM   #11
Donald is #1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by misscmac View Post
Thanks! I actually graduated this past December (but will participate in the ceremony in May) and just started working full-time, so I guess I've "officially" joined the workforce! I am so glad to be done with school , and don't see myself attending Grad school in the near future (unless absolutely necessary).

Justin is going to school to become a math teacher so he will join the workforce as well. I believe that Grad school is a requirement at some point in the future, just not sure how soon he'd want to go.

Awesome! Congratulations on both graduating and the new job!

Thanks Kimmar
Go Red Sox & Patriots!
Old 02-25-2008, 03:08 PM   #12
misscmac
Mouseketeer

Another detail that we forgot to mention is that we are trying out the Disney Dining Plan for the first time. We have only eaten a handful of table service restaurants on Disney property (mostly character buffets), so we will have the chance to try alot of new restaurants. We debated not getting the dining plan when the 2008 changes were first announced, but decided to stick with it.

Here are our Dining Reservations so far - please let us know what you think!

5/20 - Captain's Grille - Dinner (Paying OOP because our package doesn't start until the next day)

5/21 - Mama Melrose -Fantasmic Dinner Package

5/22 - Boma - Dinner (Romantic dinner for two )

5/23 - Le Cellier - Dinner

5/24 - Crystal Palace - Breakfast

5/25 - Cape May Cafe - Dinner

5/26 - Teppan Edo

5/27 - 'Ohana

The only restaurant that we have been to before is the Crystal Palace (for lunch). We wanted to go for breakfast for two reasons :

1. Early admission to the Magic Kingdom
2. Its my Mom's favorite restuarant (and her only request for this trip )
Old 02-26-2008, 08:17 AM   #13
BeeBopp
Mouseketeer

Those sound like great choices! DH and I were thinking about doing the dining plan, but we decided against it...it all sounded so confusing! You'll have to let us know what you thought of it when you get back!

Me DH DDog

'87-Poly; '97-BW; '98-Poly; '01-AKL&BW; '03-BW; '04-Our Wedding!-BCV; '05-BWV; '08-BCV & BW
Old 02-26-2008, 08:27 AM   #14
stagemomx3
DIS Veteran

Your adrs look good.
Old 02-26-2008, 08:34 PM   #15
rimousefan84
Earning My Ears

I'm sensing an absence of an important partner in writing this Pre trip report....peculiar....very peculiar indeed.

P.S. Thanks to all who are reading "our" pre trip report. If you haven't guessed it I am Christine's(misscmac) DF. Hope you enjoy my detailed intinerary that is soon to come. What? I'm a substitute teacher, I have a lot of time on my hands.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: