Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-22-2008, 01:32 PM   #16
dwaters
Mouseketeer

I didn't realize there was a maximum thread length. Too bad as there are some long-standing classics here on the board.

If you like secrets, I suggest picking up "The Imagineering Field Guide to the Magic Kingdom at Walt Disney World". I got mine for $9.99 at Waldenbooks and it is the same size as a park map folded, so- easy for travel.
They also had one for Epcot and Animal Kingdom. There was none for Studios, either because they don't make or they were out.

I was disappointed to learn that the meteors projected on the walls of Space Mountain were NOT chocolate chip cookies after all. (sometimes the rumors are more fun than the truth)

I did learn that the Fire Station in Town Square is called Engine House 71 because of WDW opening in 1971.
dwaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 02:16 PM   #17
Billyg
Earning My Ears

Dconli,
I have tried emailing you also for the list, but I keep getting an error message. CAn you email it to me please? Thanks
Bill
Billyg is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-22-2008, 02:23 PM   #18
gooftroop22
DIS Veteran

Can I have a copy of the word doc please...

u7685@UNB.CA

WDW 2005 - Offiste - FIRST TRIP!
WDW 2007 - CBR - FIRST ONSITE VISIT
WDW 2008 - CSR - Trip with my Sister
WDW 2009/2010 - CBR - Family Trip
WDW 2011/2012 - Disney Dream/OKW
WDW 2013 - SSR - Grad Trip
DCL 2013 - Disney Dream
gooftroop22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 03:06 PM   #19
angiepangie8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gooftroop22 View Post
Can I have a copy of the word doc please...

u7685@UNB.CA
Dcanoli wants us to email her for that info
Old 02-22-2008, 04:40 PM   #20
charm73
Mouseketeer

To those of you who can't e-mail through the board link......

Just send a regular e-mail to the address she posted just like you would send an e-mail to your friend or family....
charm73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 06:38 PM   #21
Nicole721
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by charm73 View Post
To those of you who can't e-mail through the board link......

Just send a regular e-mail to the address she posted just like you would send an e-mail to your friend or family....
I did a few days ago and still no response...?

If anyone has a copy they can send me, PM me and I'd be SO grateful!
2005: Offsite
2006: Disneyland offsite
2007: Grand Floridian
2008: Contemporary Resort
2008: Grand Floridian
2009: Bay Lake Towers

Nicole721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 07:43 PM   #22
grizelda
Earning My Ears

I just emailed her but am leaving sunday. If anyone else has the info, just in case she is busy, can they let me know? Thanks!
grizelda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 06:56 AM   #23
littlelaura
If theres no chocolate in heaven, i aint going!

found this on another thread...

When you're on the "belt" after the ride there is one boot print and one "peg leg" dot in yellow paint on it. I guess it's supposed to depict Davy Jones leaving the ride as well?

littlelaura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 11:33 AM   #24
Goulsh
Earning My Ears

Aghhh,
I would love to have this emailed to me. I tried to send a PM & an email but my post count is too low. Can someone Please email it to me. Thank you sooo much. I had a copy last yr & it was great, but my computer crashed

lawschoen@yahoo.com
Goulsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 02:06 PM   #25
Dcanoli
DIS Veteran

Talking

Hello everyone,

Please e-mail me at dcanoli@comcast.net.

I get so many requests for the Word document of our thread, that requests left on this board tend to clog it up.

I believe I have gotten everyone a copy that requested one the past few days. (My family was on vacation for a few days.)

Thanks! Deb

Another "secret:"

If you have a special needs child with a disorder that falls under the autistic spectrum or is hypersensitive, you can get a note from their doctor and take it to guest services. They will give you a special assistance card. When you get to an attraction, show it to the CM working there. It doesn't mean that you don't have to wait in line, but they will try to take you into a quieter area for your wait. You can get a sample note from www.allearsnet.com.
9/01 First trip as an ADULT! POR ; 9/03 OFFSITE--The Grosvenor ; 9/05 Disney Wonder 4-Day, & Pop Century; 9/05 AS Sports ; 9/06 Pop Century ; 4/07 Spring Break--the OUTSIDE World; 9/07 Pop--FREE DDP & DSLR! ; 9/08 Pop Century ; 03/09 2-day FGF trip & Spring Training ; 9/09 Pop w/FREE DDP! 2/10 SMMC 3/10 Princess 5K! 3/10 Spring Training & FGF 7/10 D23 Private Events & TL! 8/10 WDP/tweet up 10/10 5K & MNSSHP! 02/11 Princess 5K & DAK Safari 3/11 DSMMC 5/11 Scavenger Hunt & Destination D 6/11 Wedding Trip 7/11 Mommy & Boys Trip

Dcanoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 02:47 PM   #26
bigbrian-nc.com
Mousin it Up!

Another kind of Stretmosphere

Many of you may enjoy catching the Streetmosphere entertainers at Disney's Hollywood Studios, this has proved so popular that in recent years the Magic Kingdoms Main Street has begun to develop "Main Streetmosphere" of its own, building on some of the exisiting entertainment strength the Magic Kingdom has, this seems to be growing in a slightly different direction than at the studios, some of the sets seem to looser with more of a meet and greet quality to them, and other sets, the ones that are more planned out, tend to incorporate music. You may have seen Mayor Weaver, or Fire Chief Miller, standing on the sidewalk in front of the movie theatre with the Toontown Tuners sometimes even involving the Dapper Dans as folks stream into the park in the mornings, but I recently saw a set a bit later in the morning that involved almost all of the citizens of Main Street that were out that day, Fire Chief "smokey" Miller, Mayor Christopher Weaver, The Ladies Main Street Auxilliary, the Toontown Tuners, lots of audience participants AND they use the fire engine during this set. For the first two songs the Toontown Tuners were playing solo over on the hospitality House side of Town Square. At he end of their second song the Fire Engine pulls up with Mayor and Chief Miller, the Tuners board the Engine and they all ride over to City Hall (as the tuners are playing Hot Time in the old Town Tonight). Upon arrival Chief Miller introduces the whole group which now includes the suffragettes as "the Citizens of Main Street", as the full cast launches into "Down on old Main Street". After the song when \ Mayor Weaver tries to announce for re election the "Main Street Womens Auxiliary" steps up, after their rendition of Sister Suffragette, the Mayor is fine with them getting the vote as long as they vote for him, but when he once again launches into "campaign mode" questions arise about accusations against the mayor of corruption, which he handles humorously with the song "little tin box". When the song ends, he returns to making more typical (but still humorous) campaign promises. Then stumbles on the word Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious, so the whole cast helps him with it (in song of course). Following that they close with a short and fitting reprise of "Down on old Main street". The singing citizens then talk with the guests a bit while the tuners march off. if you're interested in seeeing this check with some of these same performers next time you're on Main Street and ask if they are doing the Fire Engine set with the Tuners that day, if you'd like to hear it BEFORE the next time you go you can listen to it in on my web site if you'd like (it's in an mp3) http://www.bigbrian-nc.com/sn28.htm

Postcards, Podcasts, and Trip Reports...
Mousin' It Up! since 1997

http://www.bigbrian-nc.com/pctoc.htm

bigbrian-nc.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 02:52 PM   #27
Dcanoli
DIS Veteran

Thanks Brian for posting this for us!
9/01 First trip as an ADULT! POR ; 9/03 OFFSITE--The Grosvenor ; 9/05 Disney Wonder 4-Day, & Pop Century; 9/05 AS Sports ; 9/06 Pop Century ; 4/07 Spring Break--the OUTSIDE World; 9/07 Pop--FREE DDP & DSLR! ; 9/08 Pop Century ; 03/09 2-day FGF trip & Spring Training ; 9/09 Pop w/FREE DDP! 2/10 SMMC 3/10 Princess 5K! 3/10 Spring Training & FGF 7/10 D23 Private Events & TL! 8/10 WDP/tweet up 10/10 5K & MNSSHP! 02/11 Princess 5K & DAK Safari 3/11 DSMMC 5/11 Scavenger Hunt & Destination D 6/11 Wedding Trip 7/11 Mommy & Boys Trip

Dcanoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 09:36 PM   #28
extramagichours
Earning My Ears

Please send me word doc

boy1894@aol.com

Thanks so much!
extramagichours is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 08:52 AM   #29
luciloo
Mouseketeer

great secrets so far, anybody got anymore?
May/June 2008 - Spring Hill Villa, Spring Hill, FL
luciloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 09:01 AM   #30
GrammyJudy
DIS Veteran

We loved the living bush at AK which was a girl dress in leaves and you could not tell it when she started moving....it was great
GrammyJudy is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: