Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-21-2008, 07:08 PM   #16
*NikkiBell*
The WDW Merchandise Walking Bible

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyKevin View Post
To answer the original question...

When we are "working" and reviewing a restaurant, we do nothing to alter the experience. We just allow everything to happen and then come tell y'all about it.

My goal is to have a typical guest experience and report on it. If I try to "guide" the experience to make it better then it has my input and it would be different than what Jane and Joe Tourist experience.

Hopefully (fingers crossed) they will hear the review, take what they want from it and be able to sort of steer their experience to one thats more positive.

If it's just us going to dinner....then yes....I would be more vocal about something that was wrong.

The obvious exception to this is the Coral Reef. It was sooo bad that I couldnt in good conscience allow anybody pay for what I was served. I had to say something.

As for Disney listening...there have been times, and I cant share details, that we know they have listened....and reacted.
Heh, thanks for the info, Kevin.

I bet it was very hard *NOT* to complain or get vocal when things started going downhill. It'd be tricky for me! Hmm, I wonder if it is the Jerzy Girl in me?

You just got me nervous about Coral Reef. This must've been an episode I missed. We are booked there for lunch in April.

disboards.com/blog.wdwinfo.com
Follow Me on Twitter

2011 - GC, Swan 2010 - AKLV
2009 - AKLV, DxDP/OKW, DDP 2008 - SSR, PFTS, MNSSHP/AKLV, 1st DVC Trip, DxDP 2007 - PC, MNSSHP 2006-7 - POFQ, Premium DP 2006 - PC 2005 - POFQ, Premium DP 2004 - PC, Silver Plan 1998 - ASMu 1997-94 - Off-Site
*NikkiBell* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 07:17 PM   #17
DisneyKevin
Kelvis
Above the Pearls Below the Crown

Such a tease!

DISboards Moderator

Here is the written review...with a photo.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/reviews/coralreef.htm

There is a podcast version as well.
Old 02-21-2008, 07:20 PM   #18
*NikkiBell*
The WDW Merchandise Walking Bible

DISboards Moderator

Awesome! Thanks!

We usually get the Premium Dining Plan for each of our trips and have experienced a lot of wonderful places as a result. We are getting the Deluxe DDP this April. I just lost 105 pounds and am a bit nervous about handling all of the food, but my boyfriend insists! I'll just have to keep some extra podcasts around for when I need to exercise off the gained weight once we return from the trip!

I'll check out the Coral Reef review now. -fingers crossed-

disboards.com/blog.wdwinfo.com
Follow Me on Twitter

2011 - GC, Swan 2010 - AKLV
2009 - AKLV, DxDP/OKW, DDP 2008 - SSR, PFTS, MNSSHP/AKLV, 1st DVC Trip, DxDP 2007 - PC, MNSSHP 2006-7 - POFQ, Premium DP 2006 - PC 2005 - POFQ, Premium DP 2004 - PC, Silver Plan 1998 - ASMu 1997-94 - Off-Site
*NikkiBell* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 12:54 PM   #19
ExBellhop
Vice President of Spider-Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyKevin View Post
My goal is to have a typical guest experience and report on it. If I try to "guide" the experience to make it better then it has my input and it would be different than what Jane and Joe Tourist experience.
I understand not wanting to alter the experience while it is happening, but I think that registering a complaint at a later time is both valid and important to improving the guest experience. (I fired off an email to you guys called "At Which Point Do You Complain" regarding this kind of thing)

I think it's important for any of us who care about the resorts to make sure we are vocal about issues that arise. In many cases, making a fuss in the middle of dinner is inappropriate. However, I think it's important for everyone to know the location of Guest Relations, or know the Guest Communications email address, etc... How does someone with severe B.O. know they smell if no one is willing to take the time to help them out and let them know? That's a poor example, to be sure, but its what I've got right now... As an example, not as in having B.O. - this is just going downhill...

I sometimes fear that "Jane and Joe Tourist" don't know that their opinion is important, and that they too often just leave disappointed.

I remember from my days as a CM how important guest feedback was. The good was always shared with you, and the bad was, well... I tried not to be bad

Anyway, thanks for reading... anyone who did

-ExBellhop

No trips scheduled at this time. Watch this space for new details soon!

ExBellhop is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: