Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2008, 07:13 AM   #136
tardin1964
I need it.....
I want it.....
Please........

Quote:
Originally Posted by doodlesmommy View Post
When we check in early will they allow us to try and put our name down for flag family or will they make us wait until 3:00? Is it really hard to get on the list? If anyone has any information on this I'd love to read. Thanks!
It is really tough getting to be flag family. The longer your stay is though the better the odds.

If they tell you it's all booked during your stay make sure they put you on the waiting list. That's how we got to be Flag Family back in '05.

We were staying for 9 nights so I thought we would have a chance....but the CM said they were all booked up so I thought that was that....maybe next trip. 5 days into our stay we got a call from the front desk saying they had a cancellation. I couldn't believe it. The CM must have put us down on the waiting list without even telling us.

Poly 8/79, 8/81, 8/83
GF 8/92
WL 11/03, 11/05, 8/08
DCL 11/10
POFQ 6/11
Old 02-17-2008, 09:05 AM   #137
Atchley
"Bedsheets? Who invited that kid?"

Okay, I have a question about transportation to the Poly. We have reservations at Kona Cafe at 7:30am. Now if I read the front page correctly, we can take the blue flag resort boat to the Contempory and then take the monorail to the Poly. Does this sound correct? Will the boats or the monorail be operating that early in the morning? I have looked and MK doesn't open until 9:00am that morning and there are no AM EMH. We will have our car, but I prefer to use WDW transportation if possible. Less chance of getting lost. I know, just from the WL to the Poly? Trust me. It can be done! Anyone's help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

May 28/May 31 2015-CBR May 31/June 6-AKV May 30/31 2013-ASMo May31/June 8 2013-AKVJune 6/9 2012-CBRJune 9/16 2012-VWL
Sept 4/11 2010-BLTSept 3/8 2009-PORJuly 17/25 2009-WLJuly 19/26 2008-WL July 15/22 2006-CBR July 20/26 2003-ASMo
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-17-2008, 09:09 AM   #138
yearbook50
Mouseketeer
I gave all of I-95N a peep show

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atchley View Post
Okay, I have a question about transportation to the Poly. We have reservations at Kona Cafe at 7:30am. Now if I read the front page correctly, we can take the blue flag resort boat to the Contempory and then take the monorail to the Poly. Does this sound correct? Will the boats or the monorail be operating that early in the morning? I have looked and MK doesn't open until 9:00am that morning and there are no AM EMH. We will have our car, but I prefer to use WDW transportation if possible. Less chance of getting lost. I know, just from the WL to the Poly? Trust me. It can be done! Anyone's help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
To be honest, the blue flag doesn't always run at 6:45am as it claims it does. I was to host a wedding breakfast for all my guests at 8:30am on 2/8 at Kona Cafe. My guests waited from 7:30 to 8:30 for a blue flag boat to come and one never came.

Its really easy to drive to the Poly from the WL...all you need to do it go straight as you are leaving the WL and the Poly is on the same road.
Old 02-17-2008, 09:23 AM   #139
Lifelong_Dreamer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
It would be best to take your car, that early in the morning relying on Disney transportation to get you there on time is probably not the best idea. Since you have a car it should be really easy just drive straight through the lights when you exit the Wilderness Lodge and the Poly will be on your right. Really easy.
Old 02-17-2008, 09:34 AM   #140
Atchley
"Bedsheets? Who invited that kid?"

Okay driving there, but what about driving back to the resort? Will traffic be horrible a little while later? We are planning on going to MK that day and I don't mind to take the car, but we will need to take the car back to WL before we go to MK. Will traffic be horrible being that it would be close to opening time at MK. Or is it kinda side roads that we will be using and not the main roads that lead straight to MK?

May 28/May 31 2015-CBR May 31/June 6-AKV May 30/31 2013-ASMo May31/June 8 2013-AKVJune 6/9 2012-CBRJune 9/16 2012-VWL
Sept 4/11 2010-BLTSept 3/8 2009-PORJuly 17/25 2009-WLJuly 19/26 2008-WL July 15/22 2006-CBR July 20/26 2003-ASMo
Old 02-17-2008, 09:50 AM   #141
Lifelong_Dreamer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Okay driving there, but what about driving back to the resort? Will traffic be horrible a little while later? We are planning on going to MK that day and I don't mind to take the car, but we will need to take the car back to WL before we go to MK. Will traffic be horrible being that it would be close to opening time at MK. Or is it kinda side roads that we will be using and not the main roads that lead straight to MK?

I don't think it should be bad at all. I drove around WDW a lot while staying at the WL, at all times of day, and never had any problems with traffic.
Old 02-17-2008, 09:57 AM   #142
DreaGirl
DIS Veteran

When we went in October we drove most of the time. We had our 17moDD with us and it was easier for the quick park exits.

We never ran into traffic. It was very fast and easy once we figured out where we were going.

Drea, DH, DD 8 y.o., DS 5 y.o.
Old 02-17-2008, 09:58 AM   #143
DreaGirl
DIS Veteran

Double Post. Sorry!

Drea, DH, DD 8 y.o., DS 5 y.o.
Old 02-17-2008, 10:29 AM   #144
MAGICinMYHEART
WL Vet
Florida people eat Gators....THE CIRCLE OF LIFE.
I love to laugh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Ron View Post
Page 1 has an old menu for Territory Lounge. Here is a more current version, and it is what we saw when we were there 12/07. The flatbreads are worth visiting here for!!!!!!!!
Mrs. Disney Ron
Thanks for letting me know about the menu was not being updated on the Allears site, they don't even have the Territory Lounge listed on the Menu page anymore I updated to the DIS-menu for the Lounge. I love the Honey-Ginger Chicken Wings they are sticky and sweet but oh so tasty.

Beckie
Old 02-17-2008, 11:10 AM   #145
MAGICinMYHEART
WL Vet
I love to laugh!

Quote:
We will have our car, but I prefer to use WDW transportation if possible. Less chance of getting lost. I know, just from the WL to the Poly? Trust me. It can be done! Anyone's help will be greatly appreciated.
Atchley
You have received some great advise, Melissa's statement must be remembered at all times bus schedules, boat schedules can and do change.

I understand that taking Disney transportation would be the easiest, remember Disney buses start running early for breakfast ADRs. You can always be at the bus stop early 7:00am and ask the bus driver for assistance.

Driving would also be very easy Timberline Drive changes to Seven Seas Drive at the traffic light so it's really the same road. You would exit the Lodge and drive straight at the light go .6 of a mile and you are at the Polynesian, you would return the same way.

Beckie
Old 02-17-2008, 11:55 AM   #146
MAGICinMYHEART
WL Vet
I love to laugh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheri4641 View Post
OKAY. I have been searching these sites and can not find my answer.. so here I go. My DH wants beer in his room. Where can we go to get him a 12 pack for the week.... we will be taking the magic express from the airport.
Sheri
The Mercantile does sell beer by the six pack or possibly 12 pack, I'm not 100% sure about the 12 pack though. While the price would be higher than a convenience store, the prices are reasonable when compared to a per bottle price from the lounges or bars.

There are companies that you could order beer from and have it delivered to your room but I'm not sure it would be cost effective.

Another option would be to visit the Boardwalk Inns/Villas which is walking distance or boat ride from EPCOT through the International Gateway. Once at the Boardwalk exit through the front arrival area and walk to the end of the drive to the Hess Gas Station where you may purchase beer, sodas at a better price.

Good Luck
Beckie
Old 02-17-2008, 12:36 PM   #147
kayeandjim00
Now living in Onderland!
Moving in the right direction
I take tons of pictures but they are priceless to me

Odd question but does Wilderness Lodge still have unique refillable mugs or the year of magical dreams ones? Thanks!!
Old 02-17-2008, 12:39 PM   #148
Lifelong_Dreamer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayeandjim00 View Post
Odd question but does Wilderness Lodge still have unique refillable mugs or the year of magical dreams ones? Thanks!!
In July they had the Year of a Million Dreams Mugs. I think the only resort that still has the unique ones is Coronado Springs.
Old 02-17-2008, 12:48 PM   #149
emmiesmom
Mouseketeer

Connecting rooms?

I was reading through this thread it is so helpful about WL!
(sorry if I missed this information) Does WL have connecting rooms?

2013 April BWV/VWL & Sept Beach Club
2012 April BLT
2011 Feb AKV & Sept BLT and Poly
2010 July DLR at GCV & Feb BLT
2009 Nov WL, BWV & BLT 2009- May CR & BWV
2008 July-WL
2008 April- DD's 1st Trip-CR
2004- Swan
2001- Poly Honeymoon
1999 - DLRP
Old 02-17-2008, 01:15 PM   #150
MAGICinMYHEART
WL Vet
I love to laugh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmiesmom View Post
I was reading through this thread it is so helpful about WL!
(sorry if I missed this information) Does WL have connecting rooms?
Emmiesmom
Yes, there are connecting rooms at the Wilderness Lodge they are request not gauranteed, depends on make-up of guest staying in the rooms. When we have been traveling with younger children we have always received connecting rooms. When traveling with other adults we received adjoining rooms.

Beckie
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: