Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK DVC Discussion
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-09-2008, 05:55 PM   #1
dlrpmart
Earning My Ears

Is there a referral gift?

Hi all,

If I recommend someone to buy DVC, is there a gift for me? Also can my friends have a "trial" holiday before deciding to join or not?
Many thanks
Martin
dlrpmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 06:12 PM   #2
Cyrano

Disney VIP
Anyone for haggis
Aren't we all a cagey lot

DISboards Moderator

Martin, I don't think this is available to non USA residents AFAIK

Theme Park Attractions & Strategies board

Twelve highlanders and a bagpipe make a rebellion.
Cyrano is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-10-2008, 04:14 AM   #3
Claire L
Enjoys a good broadway show
Likes a nice cold glass of White Zinfandel
Has been known to have a blonde moment now and then

Cyrano is right referal gifts can only be given to US residents, suspect it is something to do with legal reasons why we cannot get gifts.

Claire
Aug 90 to Mar 98 - 6 visits to US and 20 states visited, inc 2 trips to WDW and 2 trips to DL Jun 01 - WDW Grosvenor DTD 2wks + TIG St Pete Beach 1wk Jun 02 - WDW WL 2wks Feb 03 - New York 4nts Jun 03 - West Coast 3wks SF to LA & DL for 3 days Oct 04 - WDW AKL 10nts + RPR 2nts Jun 05 - WDW YC 10nts + HRH 4nts + TIG St Pete Beach 1wk! Jun 06 - SF to LV inc Lake Tahoe, Yosemite + the Grand Canyon 3wks Dec 06 - NYE at WDW POFQ 11nts inc RPR 1nt Oct 07 - WDW SSR 2wks inc PBH 1nt May 08 - WDW AKV 15nts inc PBH 1nt + VB 4nts Feb 09 - WDW SSR 1wk + BWI 1wk Jun 09 - Washington DC for 1wk Dec 09 - New York for 6nts Oct 10 - Miami 3nts & WDW AKV KV 13nts inc HRH 1nt Jun 11 - LA to Seattle for 3wks inc 3 days at DLC Oct 12 - WDW AKV KV 2wks inc PBH 1nt Oct 14 - WDW AKV KV 2wks inc PBH 1nt
Claire L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 09:36 AM   #4
tubtruck
Tubtastic

And for that reason, dont refer anyone, pretty sure Disney could find a way round this if they really wanted to, even if if was a "gift" in kind i.e a credit on your room bill of $200 or even done as a discount on your dues, then no actual gift would be passed over outside of Florida.

tubtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 11:28 AM   #5
Skallywag
DIS Veteran

qiote agree, although we love our DVC membeship as we cannot receive any incentive for recommending we would not do this again. They say it is our government that prevents us receiving this but cannot find out why and what rule they go by.
Old 02-10-2008, 04:44 PM   #6
dlrpmart
Earning My Ears

Thanks for the info. It's very strange as Marriott can reward me if I refer someone.
dlrpmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 07:12 PM   #7
tubtruck
Tubtastic

Personally I dont believe it, if the "gift" i.e $200 was given to you on your next visit to florida then surley it would have absoloutly nothing to do at all with any UK law given that you are not in the UK and the laws of where you are are what you are expected to abide with. Do somthing wrong in Florida, pretty sure you wouldnt be tried for it in the UK.

tubtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 02:34 PM   #8
Becx N Gav

DIS Veteran

Also the YOMD competition is open to us Brits so what would be the difference?
It annoys me that we can't get the Disney Visa card either
DLP Santa Fe - Oct 2000 *DLP New York Hotel - Jan 2004 *WDW Grand Floridian/Beach Club - Sept 2005 *WDW Beach Club - Oct 2006 *DFTW WDW Wilderness Lodge Villas/Boardwalk Inn - Oct 2007 *DLP Sequoia Lodge - March 2008 *WDW Saratoga Springs - Dec 2008 *Swan and DCL Podcast cruise - May 2009 *WDW Beach Club Villas - Sept 2009 *DCL 11 night Med cruise - April 2010 *WDW Saratoga Springs/Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village/Bay Lake Towers and DCL Podcast cruise 2 - Dec 2010* WDW Old Key West - Dec 2011
Becx N Gav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 02:10 AM   #9
juliebrooks35
Mouseketeer

I really want a Disney Credit card.........
Old 02-15-2008, 02:39 AM   #10
Skallywag
DIS Veteran

Gifts from Disney.

I too feel it is out of order that we do not receive the gifts and told Disney so on many occasions including information about Castaway Club etc.

Have also tried to get the Visa card with all its many benefits and of course we cannot get this. I don't know why - we all have Visa cards here and cannot see the problem.

Perhaps we should also write in again and ask. Strength in numbers.
Bren
Old 02-15-2008, 07:10 AM   #11
juliebrooks35
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Have also tried to get the Visa card with all its many benefits and of course we cannot get this. I don't know why - we all have Visa cards here and cannot see the problem.
I'm sure I read on this forum that Disney have advised that they are searching for a suitable UK credit card partner but haven't been able to find one yet. If that is true then I can only assume that Disney are not offering the UK's companies a good enough financial benefit to take this on. From a marketing perspective, I would have thought the UK companies would have jumped at the chance, just think of the potential customers. I'm no expert on financial matters though so who knows what's going on.
Old 02-15-2008, 07:36 AM   #12
Skallywag
DIS Veteran

I was told his also that they were looking to let us have Disney cards. Am certain that one of the credit card companies here would take this on. Perhaps I will just drop Disney Vacation Club a letter and ask what the progress is.

Would be good to have a bit of benefit for our Disney holidays.
Bren
Old 02-16-2008, 05:18 PM   #13
UKDEB
Found the Tag Fairy's hangout
All whacked up on Scooby Snacks

DISboards Moderator

Since becoming DVC members in October 2006, we have recommended at least 6 people who have taken up membership. If I thought about it too much I'd get upset, so I don't.

October 1992 ~ Enclave Suites, I-Drive May 1996 ~ Omni Rosen, I-Drive October 1998 ~ Villa-Clear Creek August 2000 ~ Beach Club/Villa-Sunset Lakes July 2001 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge/Hard Rock Hotel/Villa-Formosa Gdns Christmas 2001 ~ Villa-Formosa Gardens October 2002 ~ Hard Rock Hotel/Villa-Formosa Gdns May 2003 ~ Portofino Bay/Villa-Cumbrian Lakes January 2004 ~ Ritz-Carlton Grande Lakes/Villa-Formosa Gardens July 2004 ~ Grand Floridian/Portofino Bay/Villa-Formosa Gardens December 2004 ~ Villa-Rolling Hills/Disney Wonder Cruise/BoardWalk Grand Villa/Contemporary April 2005 ~ Washington DC, Shenandoah, Blue Ridge Parkway, Charleston, Savannah, Royal Pacific Resort/Villa-Acadia Estates January 2006 ~ Reunion Resort/Royal Pacific Resort April 2006 ~ Celebration Hotel/NCL Jewel Cruise/Hotel Victor, Miami/Beach Cottage-Disney's Vero Beach October 2006 ~ Reunion Resort/BoardWalk Villa/Rosen Shingle Creek August 2007 ~ Saratoga Springs//Reunion Grande January 2008 ~ Saratoga Springs/Beach Club Villas/Reunion Resort November 2008 ~ BoardWalk Villas/Royal Pacific Resort/Saratoga Springs March 2011 ~ Celebrity Cruise/Veness Towers, a stone's throw from the Magic Kingdom November 2012 ~ Bay Lake Tower/Ritz-Carlton, Sarasota/Ritz-Carlton Destination Club, Jupiter/Saratoga Springs September 2013 ~ Kidani Village/Saratoga Springs May 2014 ~ Beach Club Villas/Wyndham Grand Bonnet Creek/Bay Lake Tower
UKDEB is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: