Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2008, 06:59 PM   #91
duffy
The Tag Fairy did not give me this tag...I wrote it myself.

We just had a split stay at the Lodge with the second half at the Dolphin. Myself, my husband, our 12-year old daughter and my 9-year old neice all agreed: we prefer the Wilderness Lodge!!
Old 02-11-2008, 06:31 AM   #92
JPN4265
Don't ask the question, you may not like the answer.

We decided not to sell our house, so we are going back to WDW for a quickie. Seems like a fair trade off to me.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-11-2008, 11:53 AM   #93
pixe*dst
Mouseketeer

I'm booked for a mid-December Christmas trip to WL with the 40% off code my husband got. We've got bunkbeds, Courtyard view--so excited!!
Old 02-11-2008, 08:04 PM   #94
ransom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPN4265 View Post
We decided not to sell our house, so we are going back to WDW for a quickie. Seems like a fair trade off to me.
Smart move! We did the same thing a couple of years ago.
Old 02-12-2008, 12:08 PM   #95
loribell
Proud Redhead
Started watching them play when I was little
Wouldn't the sugars from the ice cream be better used early in the day instead of late in the evening?

Well this just can't be. I had to go serching for this thread. I can't beleive it had slipped off page 1!
Old 02-12-2008, 12:22 PM   #96
loribell
Proud Redhead
Wouldn't the sugars from the ice cream be better used early in the day instead of late in the evening?

Okay does anyone remember the Captians Plan & Family Plans they had a while back? They were for use of the water mice, pontoons, bikes and such. I am trying to find out if this is still something that exists. Does anyone know?

Thanks!
Old 02-12-2008, 01:11 PM   #97
MAGICinMYHEART
WL Vet
Florida people eat Gators....THE CIRCLE OF LIFE.
I love to laugh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by loribell View Post
Okay does anyone remember the Captians Plan & Family Plans they had a while back? They were for use of the water mice, pontoons, bikes and such. I am trying to find out if this is still something that exists. Does anyone know?
Loribell

Because Disney cancels then brings these plans back, I have the following information posted on page 1.

Attention: The Family Plans have once again been discontinued as of June 1, 2007
At The marina I was referred to the new Disney Premium Plan that when booking this package offers unlimited use of the boats and bicycles, so for now no more Captain or Family Plans. I will note this information but as they have discontinued these plans before they may bring them back. If you are interested in either of these plans please check at the Marina for current discounts. As for now they have a 10% discount for DVC members and a 15% discount for AP pass holders
**Recreation Family Plans:
Plan includes the Water Mouse, Pontoon Boats, Canopy Boats, Sailboats and Bicycles, (Cruises and Surry Biles NOT included)
Captain Plan: 4 hours of rental per Group
Family Plan: Length of Stay Plan (10 Day Rate for Unlimited use of Equipment Listed Above) (Up to 5 Guests per Plan)

I would verify during your stay if they are in effect, Disney seems to change these back and forth depending on the time of year.

Beckie
Old 02-12-2008, 01:35 PM   #98
loribell
Proud Redhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICinMYHEART View Post
Loribell

Because Disney cancels then brings these plans back, I have the following information posted on page 1.

Attention: The Family Plans have once again been discontinued as of June 1, 2007
At The marina I was referred to the new Disney Premium Plan that when booking this package offers unlimited use of the boats and bicycles, so for now no more Captain or Family Plans. I will note this information but as they have discontinued these plans before they may bring them back. If you are interested in either of these plans please check at the Marina for current discounts. As for now they have a 10% discount for DVC members and a 15% discount for AP pass holders
**Recreation Family Plans:
Plan includes the Water Mouse, Pontoon Boats, Canopy Boats, Sailboats and Bicycles, (Cruises and Surry Biles NOT included)
Captain Plan: 4 hours of rental per Group
Family Plan: Length of Stay Plan (10 Day Rate for Unlimited use of Equipment Listed Above) (Up to 5 Guests per Plan)

I would verify during your stay if they are in effect, Disney seems to change these back and forth depending on the time of year.

Beckie

I'm sorry Beckie. I looked through the thread, must have skipped right over it. Thanks for the info.
Old 02-12-2008, 01:59 PM   #99
MAGICinMYHEART
WL Vet
I love to laugh!

Loribell

Don't worry about not seeing it, the other day when I started the new thread I started to remove the information because the Plans have been canceled. They have canceled then brought them back three different times (That I know of) so I said what the heck, they are such good deals I'll just let anyone interested in them to be sure to ask.

Beckie
Old 02-12-2008, 02:18 PM   #100
TinkerBelle_325
WDW Destination Blog owner and CSR FAQ thread runner!

I had some fun with math this morning. I was looking at the room map and realized that 65% of the WL rooms are "Courtyard View" (451 rooms), 25% are "Woods View" (172 rooms), and 10% are "Standard View" (74 rooms).

I don't believe that they actually sell 65% at Courtyard. And I also believe that they oversell Standard (more than 10%) So it seems to make sense as to why upgrades to Woods or Courtyard are offered so frequently. Just something to think about
UPCOMING TRIP REPORT: What's this? What's this? A Halloween AND Christmas TR? Oct/Nov 2014
UPCOMING DINING REPORT: ~First we eat, then we do everything else! Oct/Nov 2014~
Old 02-12-2008, 02:26 PM   #101
2diamonds&a~gem
Mouseketeer

Are there hammocks on the beach? I know I saw the playground there, are there also chairs or benches? I am sure we will spend a good bit of time there. Thanks~
Old 02-12-2008, 02:50 PM   #102
MAGICinMYHEART
WL Vet
I love to laugh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2diamonds&a~gem View Post
Are there hammocks on the beach? I know I saw the playground there, are there also chairs or benches? I am sure we will spend a good bit of time there.
While there are lounges and beach chairs for sunbathing, there aren't any hammocks. This area near the marina and playground offer the best viewing area for the Electric Water Pageant.
Old 02-12-2008, 03:03 PM   #103
MAGICinMYHEART
WL Vet
I love to laugh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerBelle_325 View Post
I had some fun with math this morning. I was looking at the room map and realized that 65% of the WL rooms are "Courtyard View" (451 rooms), 25% are "Woods View" (172 rooms), and 10% are "Standard View" (74 rooms).
I agree with them booking additional standard view rooms even more so because there are actually only 48 standard view rooms.

The map Ronald Duck made shows the standard view rooms on floors 2nd and up, this is part of the information that's incorrect on the map.

The standard view rooms in the North Wing are only on the 4th, 5th and 6th floor, there are no rooms on what would be the 2nd and 3rd floor, because of Artist Point and the kitchen. So 13 rooms on each of these three floors and the 9 over check-in.

Beckie
Old 02-12-2008, 08:14 PM   #104
branv
The safety feature in my parents van was floor to ceiling shag carpet
If your clothes are cute enough, you can be forgiven for sensible shoes

I've read before that Roaring Fork in the morning can be mass chaos...so I was wondering (with the understanding that nothing is predictable and diff seasons mean diff crowds), what can I generally expect to be the busiest time of the morning? I would have assumed an hour before MK opening, but I've been proven wrong before (who knew everyone doesn't jump up at the crack of dawn to charge the mouse? )

And does room service have one of those breakfast express door tags like so many hotels?

Thanks!
Old 02-12-2008, 09:51 PM   #105
boardom
Mouseketeer

Zowie, I can't believe this thread is 7 pages already!

I have a logistical/transportation question. We're relying solely on Disney transportation, and we'd like to do dinner at Narcoossee's for the fireworks. Is it possible to get home to the WL after? What's the best way to do it?
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: