Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2008, 10:28 PM   #91
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiznEeyore View Post
Thanks. I'd forgotten about CMExpress opening -- I'm assuming it will be 24 hrs like the quick service at the Poly and the GF?
I would also assume it would be open 24 hours.
Old 02-11-2008, 01:37 PM   #92
crosstheborder
Mouseketeer

Hi to all you CR Fans! We just returned from our very first trip to the world and stayed at Pop Century. Although we loved the resort, transportation drove us crazy! For our next trip (hopefully 2010 ) we are looking at staying at the Contemporary because of the monorail and boat services that are offered. In your opinions is it worth paying the deluxe prices for diff. forms of transportation to the parks? Pop buses were always extremely full and we were constantly waiting everywhere we went. Is this going to be the same at every resort? Maybe we were expecting too much. I'm just not sure. Thanks everyone!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-11-2008, 01:50 PM   #93
triplefigs
Triple Chick
Triple the Kids
Triple the FUN!
Bama Alumni

Quote:
Originally Posted by crosstheborder View Post
Hi to all you CR Fans! We just returned from our very first trip to the world and stayed at Pop Century. Although we loved the resort, transportation drove us crazy! For our next trip (hopefully 2010 ) we are looking at staying at the Contemporary because of the monorail and boat services that are offered. In your opinions is it worth paying the deluxe prices for diff. forms of transportation to the parks? Pop buses were always extremely full and we were constantly waiting everywhere we went. Is this going to be the same at every resort? Maybe we were expecting too much. I'm just not sure. Thanks everyone!
I think so, especially if you have strollers or wheelchairs. Regardless, the monorail is wonderful and walking to MK is great. Have fun!
Old 02-11-2008, 01:52 PM   #94
triplefigs
Triple Chick
Triple the Kids
Triple the FUN!
Bama Alumni

DISer, nbodyhome, has given me permission to use her CR photos on this thread from her website. She has tons of the lobby and construction. She's going this week and taking some of the pools/hot tub, 3rd floor salon and fitness center, and the new shop for me. I know we all are so appreciative of her help! I'll have them up soon!

Last edited by triplefigs; 02-11-2008 at 02:07 PM.
Old 02-11-2008, 05:04 PM   #95
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by crosstheborder View Post
In terms of the Monorail and the walkway to the Magic Kingdom, that solves any problems going to the Magic Kingdom and Epcot. To arrive at Epcot you take the Monorail to the TTC and then go over to the Epcot Monorail. As for Hollywood Studios, Animal Kingdom and Downtown Disney the buses that go there also share with the Polynesian and Grand Floridian, so you will also be sharing bus service with guests from those Resorts. However the Contemporary is where the buses will always stop at 1st, so you will have the best chance to get seats.
Old 02-11-2008, 05:14 PM   #96
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by triplefigs View Post
I know we all are so appreciative of her help! I'll have them up soon!
Thank you nbodyhome for letting us use pictures from your site and for any future pictures of the Contemporary that you will be taking.
Old 02-11-2008, 05:49 PM   #97
StrwLady
Why did I buy that van?! Now I can't afford a Disney trip!!!

Location: Born and Raised In New Orleans but now lives In Dallas, TX

What is CM Express and when will it be open? Assuming it's a counter service, will it have hot foods?

Also what is the difference between the 12th floor concierge and the 14th floor concierge?

Thanks
2/78 Lake Buena Vista Best Western ~ 2/97 All Star Music ~ 3/00 Hawthorn Suites ~ 9/00 All Star Music ~ 3/01 ~ All Star Movies ~ 5/01 Polynesian ~ 10/01 Polynesian ~ 2/02 Contemporary ~ 12/02 Boardwalk Inn ~ 5/03 Contemporary Tower ~ 10/03 Boardwalk Inn ~ 3/04 Contemporary Tower ~ 10/04 Polynesian ~3/05 Wilderness lodge ~ 4/05 Beach Club ~ 9/05 Beach Club ~ 12/05 Beach Club ~ 3/06 DisneyLand Grand Californian ~ 6/06 All Star Music-Contemporary-Beach Club ~ 9/06 Polynesian ~ 12/06 Wilderness Lodge ~ 3/07 Disneyland Hotel ~ 6/07 All Star Sports ~ 8/07 Saratoga Springs/Pop Century ~ 9/07 Beach Club ~ 5/08 Wilderness Lodge ~ 3/09 Pop Century ~ 8/09 Contemporary ~ 7/10 Swan-Pop Century ~ 7/11 Pop Century ~ 6/12 Pop Century ~ 3/13 Pop Century ~ 8/13 Pop Century

Coming soon...
2 weeks in the World! Pop Century 6/14

Old 02-11-2008, 06:52 PM   #98
triplefigs
Triple Chick
Triple the Kids
Triple the FUN!
Bama Alumni

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrwLady View Post
What is CM Express and when will it be open? Assuming it's a counter service, will it have hot foods?

Also what is the difference between the 12th floor concierge and the 14th floor concierge?

Thanks
Yes, it will have hot foods, although nobody knows the menu.

Please see the very first post in this thread for a detailed explanation of the difference in the 2 concierge levels, as well as many pictures including the lounges.
Old 02-11-2008, 07:46 PM   #99
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrwLady View Post
I would assume the menu for Chef Mickey's Express will be just like the one from the Food & Fun Center, or very close to what it use to be.
Old 02-11-2008, 07:56 PM   #100
krbq
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by joenan88 View Post
Can anyone tell me if The Wave will be open by 08/15? I am arriving on 08/15 at around noon and I wanted a nice place to eat inside The CR so we can spend time at the pool and then go to eat at night Hoop Dee Doo Review..Is The Wave going to serve lunch? Thanks
I have on my Disney planning calendar a note that the Concourse Steakhouse will close at the end of the day on May 10 and the Wave will open the morning of May 11. The Wave is supposed to replace the Concourse as a table service restaurant for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Old 02-11-2008, 08:06 PM   #101
triplefigs
Triple Chick
Triple the Kids
Triple the FUN!
Bama Alumni

All pictures courtesy of nbodyhome from her website.

The New Game Station (arcade)

Concourse Sundries and Spirits

BVG store

New Fantasia Store

Balcony and seating area off the 4th floor where you can watch the fireworks

From csaribay

There's a large viewing balcony just off the Grand Canyon Concourse, with the accompanying music played softly over the speakers. You can access it on the north end of the concourse, just beyond Fantasia. There'll be two doors leading outside, and there are some benches out on the balcony.

Alternatively, you can actually use the tower access stairs and watch from up there.

Last edited by triplefigs; 03-05-2008 at 04:27 PM.
Old 02-11-2008, 08:10 PM   #102
penguins1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR Resort Fan 4 Life View Post
In terms of the Monorail and the walkway to the Magic Kingdom, that solves any problems going to the Magic Kingdom and Epcot. To arrive at Epcot you take the Monorail to the TTC and then go over to the Epcot Monorail. As for Hollywood Studios, Animal Kingdom and Downtown Disney the buses that go there also share with the Polynesian and Grand Floridian, so you will also be sharing bus service with guests from those Resorts. However the Contemporary is where the buses will always stop at 1st, so you will have the best chance to get seats.
Hmm... didn't realize that about the bus service being shared. Can you share your experiences on how long it usually takes to get to AK from CR? We will spend the majority of our time at the MK so this isn't a big deal, but just wondering. We stayed at the All Stars last trip and the buses there are just very difficult to deal with.
Old 02-11-2008, 08:12 PM   #103
triplefigs
Triple Chick
Triple the Kids
Triple the FUN!
Bama Alumni

Newly refurbished Lobby

This orange area is supposed to eventually be the permanent home of the Contemporary Grounds. There seems to be no timetable on it, but was told that the plan is to be a full-blown coffeehouse. I had already been told by a manager that they planned to have an oven (I thought a small one) to make cinnamon buns and such, so we'll see!

Update: 2/11/08 Joffreys is planning a real coffee bar (like a small Starbucks type) in the lobby, but I don't know if there is a date set for construction.
Old 02-11-2008, 08:17 PM   #104
triplefigs
Triple Chick
Triple the Kids
Triple the FUN!
Bama Alumni

Outside Construction where the North Garden Wing was demolished. Still no "official" word that it will be a new DVC, but it looks so similar to the drawings that have been circulating for a while...

Old 02-11-2008, 08:18 PM   #105
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguins1 View Post
Hmm... didn't realize that about the bus service being shared. Can you share your experiences on how long it usually takes to get to AK from CR? We will spend the majority of our time at the MK so this isn't a big deal, but just wondering. We stayed at the All Stars last trip and the buses there are just very difficult to deal with.
The last time I went to the Animal Kingdom in the morning the Contemporary shared bus service with only the Wilderness Lodge. Sometimes that will happen in the mornings, but in the afternoon's the Contemporary will go back to sharing with the Polynesian and Grand Floridian. I would say it took about 20 minutes total because the bus did not spend to much time at the Contemporary and the Wilderness Lodge, in terms of waiting for any extra guests running to catch the bus.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: