Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2008, 09:34 PM   #121
Cobbo
Mousekediver

Quote:
Originally Posted by henrylovespooh View Post
We stayed at the Poly from 1/24 to 1/28. It was too short a trip!
We were in the Tahiti Building, in room 1019. Ground floor, facing the beach and the MK. We reserved a Garden View room and made no specific request, but they must have upgraded us - and it was fabulous!
What a coincidence...we too were at the Poly from 1/24 to 1/28, and were in Tahiti, only we did not luck out to get the lagoon view upgrade, so we were in garden views in 2001 & 2002...

Definitely worth another repeat trip with more time to enjoy the resort (and warmer weather to enjoy the pool )

WDW Annualpasses 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 03, 05, 07, 08
2/22/07 3 day Wonder
5/06/10 3day Wonder
Old 02-06-2008, 10:21 PM   #122
jasbellehontas
Earning My Ears

Hey Poly Experts! Love this thread. We are going in Sept. Just a quick question about the safe in the room? How big is it? I don't need dimensions or anything but would it hold a laptop? camera? We have stayed in POR and the safe barely held my wallet. lol. Just wondering if these were bigger since it is a deluxe resort. If it matters, I am staying in a MK view room. Thanks!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-06-2008, 10:41 PM   #123
DiznEeyore
Donkey-Huggin' DVC Member
Dedicated Disney Scrapbooker
Thanks for un-confusing me

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasbellehontas View Post
Hey Poly Experts! Love this thread. We are going in Sept. Just a quick question about the safe in the room? How big is it? I don't need dimensions or anything but would it hold a laptop? camera? We have stayed in POR and the safe barely held my wallet. lol. Just wondering if these were bigger since it is a deluxe resort. If it matters, I am staying in a MK view room. Thanks!
The new safes are much bigger than the wall ones at POR and most of the other resorts. They held a laptop and a few other things (our digital cameras and cell phones) with no trouble at all.
Old 02-06-2008, 10:57 PM   #124
jasbellehontas
Earning My Ears

Oh thank you so much for your response. That is so good to know! I will definitely be taking my laptop then. Last time DH and I were trying to squeeze as much into the lanyards as possible and then squeeze the rest into the safe. It was quite a workout.
Old 02-06-2008, 11:21 PM   #125
jedi jen
Mouseketeer

Hey everyone. You guys sure are helping me enjoy dreaming about our upcoming trip. I am wondering what the torch lighting is like. Is there any kind of ceremony? Is it worth seeing?
Planning 2014 Christmas trip at CR/Universal's RPR; First split stay July 2012-PBH-Universal/CR/Dolphin; Pop in November 2011-just me and DBF ; Poly in August 2008; July 2007 CR; July 2006 CR; Several trips offsite pre-2006

Old 02-06-2008, 11:23 PM   #126
DiznEeyore
Donkey-Huggin' DVC Member
Dedicated Disney Scrapbooker
Thanks for un-confusing me

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasbellehontas View Post
Oh thank you so much for your response. That is so good to know! I will definitely be taking my laptop then. Last time DH and I were trying to squeeze as much into the lanyards as possible and then squeeze the rest into the safe. It was quite a workout.
Glad I could help!
Old 02-07-2008, 08:07 AM   #127
ProudMommyof2
DIS Veteran

I have a question about transportation. I have read that the buses from the TTC are faster to get to AK and the studios because they are direct. Can you also get direct buses to other resorts from the TTC if you have ADRs there? (Rather than a bus to a park and then another to the resort)

1986 Disneyland, 1988 Disneyland, August 1991- WDW Offsite, May 1997- WDW Offsite, May 2007- Wilderness Lodge, May 2009- BCV & AKV, August 2011- Poly & AKV, April 2013- WBC- Universal & WDW, July 2013 Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort, April 2014- Yacht Club, July 2014 Disney's HHI Resort

Old 02-07-2008, 08:44 AM   #128
MsStinkerBelle
Hittin' WDW Since Space Mountain was 'Coming Soon'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omma View Post
Thank you MsStinkerBelle! That is what I was worried about...the kids will be 5 6, & 7 when we go and my gut feeling is I'm going to want that monorail. Plus - fireworks on the beach? That would be hard to give up.
You're very welcome! Trust me, when you guys are all pooped out and tired from the MK, the monorail will look like a godsend! LOL! I had kids that were 8 (my DD), 9 (my youngest nephew), 13 (my oldest nephew) and 14 (my godsister) and if I had to deal with the buses in addition to dealing with all of them, I would have lost my mind. It was to the point where if we had to go to MGM, the kids would complain about having to take a bus. For them, the monorail was the way to go--especially since they got to ride up front.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi jen View Post
Hey everyone. You guys sure are helping me enjoy dreaming about our upcoming trip. I am wondering what the torch lighting is like. Is there any kind of ceremony? Is it worth seeing?
Yes there is a torch lighting ceremony. It's usually held around 6pm I think (you'd have to check the Island Press newsletter or with any CM) at the entrance to the GCH. For me it was definitely worth seeing because the guy doing the ceremony was, well, quite good looking. The kids just thought it was cool watching the guy use 'fire' and chant. Very nice cultral touch and definitely worth checking out at least once. It really adds to the ambiance of the resort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudMommyof2 View Post
I have a question about transportation. I have read that the buses from the TTC are faster to get to AK and the studios because they are direct. Can you also get direct buses to other resorts from the TTC if you have ADRs there? (Rather than a bus to a park and then another to the resort)
You can only get direct buses to the other resorts from the MK. The TTC handles transportation to other parks. Just take the monorail (or the boat launch) to the MK then walk over to the bus stop for the resorts. For eample, we had an ADR at the Beach Club so we just took the monorail to the MK then took the bus to the Beach Club from the MK.

Old 02-07-2008, 01:19 PM   #129
jedi jen
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsStinkerBelle View Post
Yes there is a torch lighting ceremony. It's usually held around 6pm I think (you'd have to check the Island Press newsletter or with any CM) at the entrance to the GCH. For me it was definitely worth seeing because the guy doing the ceremony was, well, quite good looking. The kids just thought it was cool watching the guy use 'fire' and chant. Very nice cultral touch and definitely worth checking out at least once. It really adds to the ambiance of the resort.
Thank you MsStinkerBelle. I can't wait.
Planning 2014 Christmas trip at CR/Universal's RPR; First split stay July 2012-PBH-Universal/CR/Dolphin; Pop in November 2011-just me and DBF ; Poly in August 2008; July 2007 CR; July 2006 CR; Several trips offsite pre-2006

Old 02-07-2008, 06:58 PM   #130
SeaSpray

Frankly Scallop, I don't give a clam!
Loud people give me Skull Pain!
Call me "impatient"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsStinkerBelle View Post

You know, this is something that I still haven't done during one of our stays at the Polynesian! In May, I'm definitely going to plan to be there at least one of the evenings, at 6pm, so I can finally get to see this and take some pics. I think our DAunt(75) will enjoy seeing this, as well

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~ Polynesian LVC July '10 ~ Polynesian LVC May '08 ~ RCI's 'Explorer of the Seas' Oct '07 ~ Polynesian LVC July '07 ~ Port Orleans Riverside May '07 ~ Disney Magic "Cruising Castaways" Cruise & Polynesian LVC Aug '06 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge May '06 ~ Polynesian LVC Oct '05 ~ Wilderness Lodge CL & Polynesian LVC July '05 ~ Disney Magic 10-night "Lost at Sea" Hurricane Cruise Aug/Sept '04 ~ RCI Bermuda Cruise '03 ~ Caribbean Beach '02 ~ Grand Floridian LV '01 ~ Caribbean Beach '01 ~ DisneyLand '95 ~ WDW '85,'78,'76 ~
[/center]
Old 02-08-2008, 11:48 AM   #131
MsStinkerBelle
Hittin' WDW Since Space Mountain was 'Coming Soon'

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaSpray View Post
You know, this is something that I still haven't done during one of our stays at the Polynesian! In May, I'm definitely going to plan to be there at least one of the evenings, at 6pm, so I can finally get to see this and take some pics. I think our DAunt(75) will enjoy seeing this, as well
Definitely check this out. When we had dinner at Kona in December, my sister asked what that drumming and shouting noise was. I told her it was the torch lighting ceremony I told her about--the one with the good-looking guy. She immediately got up and ran downstairs to see the ceremony. LOL! I think your DAunt will really like it.

Old 02-09-2008, 05:27 PM   #132
SeaSpray

Frankly Scallop, I don't give a clam!
Loud people give me Skull Pain!
Call me "impatient"

Room pictures

Most rooms at the Polynesian resort have 2 queen beds, plus a day bed:

A chair, ottoman, and drum end table are in the corner near the sliding glass doors:

There's an area between the 2 closets that has an ice bucket, the room service menu, and a coffee maker on top, and a mini fridge in the cabinet below:

Close-up of the closet doors, with the closet light on inside:

The nightstand between the beds has a glass panel that matches the closet doors:

This is the couch that turns into a bed at night:

Desk and chair:

Balcony with table and chairs:

Flat-panel TV in concierge rooms with built-in DVD players:

Flat-panel TV in standard room (without built-in DVD player):

I really liked the carved details in the furnishings:

Bathroom:

Don't forget to look for the Hidden Mickeys in the artwork in the room:

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~ Polynesian LVC July '10 ~ Polynesian LVC May '08 ~ RCI's 'Explorer of the Seas' Oct '07 ~ Polynesian LVC July '07 ~ Port Orleans Riverside May '07 ~ Disney Magic "Cruising Castaways" Cruise & Polynesian LVC Aug '06 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge May '06 ~ Polynesian LVC Oct '05 ~ Wilderness Lodge CL & Polynesian LVC July '05 ~ Disney Magic 10-night "Lost at Sea" Hurricane Cruise Aug/Sept '04 ~ RCI Bermuda Cruise '03 ~ Caribbean Beach '02 ~ Grand Floridian LV '01 ~ Caribbean Beach '01 ~ DisneyLand '95 ~ WDW '85,'78,'76 ~
[/center]
Old 02-09-2008, 05:53 PM   #133
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas

Hey there Terry! Love your thread!

We've stayed at Poly before, but July/Aug will be our first CL stay there. Went all out and booked LV!

The IPO staff has been wonderful; super-efficient!

Old 02-09-2008, 06:01 PM   #134
Twinsmomma
Mouseketeer

How are the daybed to sleep on? Are they comfy enough for a teenager for 10 nights?
Old 02-09-2008, 06:23 PM   #135
Bubby4Clay
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Don't forget to look for the Hidden Mickeys in the artwork in the room:
Ok, I give up! I found the one in the 1st one....
Quote:

But, not in this one. Where is it in the 2nd picture??

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: