Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-05-2008, 12:59 PM   #16
312.Duck
pro-Duck

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggerbell View Post
THIS made me laugh and laugh.............

Quote:
Originally Posted by 312.Duck View Post
August 2007
<..."Can’t remember the exact date – I know shock of all shockers, but DH had promised to go out to Woodfield when the DVC Store"
Pffffft! She knows the exact second! She's probably got it written down, texted to her cell phone, and etched into her wedding band!...
t-bell:
It's the troof!
Her family ties may be more tenuous than her attachment to all things Disney.

Like you!

Quote:
Hi, Mark!!! Based on what you wrote above - Tracy should vacation with Rhonda and you should vacation with me... I get 2 lousy little weeks a year!!!
Some people just don't know how good they've got it!

Click here to see TyRy's Dis binder growth over time...
< "Miss you, mom."

Last edited by 312.Duck; 02-06-2008 at 10:48 PM. Reason: adjust font
Old 02-05-2008, 01:33 PM   #17
312.Duck
pro-Duck

Red face Mickey's Hand is Back in MY Pocket - DH's Defense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyRy View Post
We left our story off, of would they or wouldn't they buy into DVC - here's what happened next:

So here we are walking in and I have no idea if we are going to say no thank you or YEAH!!! We get in meet with DVG and I'm basically holding my breath...I'm going to let DH talk and see which way he goes.....YEAH!!!
I still have scars from her fingernails digging in while she was "holding" my arm...
Those people are right, though. It all looks good while you're sitting there, but really, for everywhere else I'd want to go, I wouldn't want to be at the Disney VC resorts there!

For instance, in New Orleans I like to be right there
(Bourbon St.)...in on the action!

Yes, I am happy with this.
The only other one I would like would be
BOARDWALK ( I LOVE that place!!! ),
and I might just choose that if we buy into more points later.
I would not want the Contemporary DVC, unless it was in the main Tower itself!

...approaching the Contemporary from the Monorail...
(cute kid from England in Halloween costume riding w/us)

That, perhaps, is the best part about the purchase. I could never repay them (monetarily) what they've given me,
but this makes a great get-away for them to a place they love just as much.....
[need. more. points! ]

Click here to see TyRy's Dis binder growth over time...
< "Miss you, mom."

Last edited by 312.Duck; 02-06-2008 at 10:47 PM. Reason: added title/ other adjustments
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-08-2008, 01:50 PM   #18
TyRy
Part of the problem is I wear my shorts
It is making me nutty

Cast of Characters

Sept 2007:
Now that points have been bought the planning can begin. The one thing we knew for sure was who was going - we just weren't sure when yet.

I thought going to WDW in the middle of October next year as you get F&WF, MNSSHP and the temps might be a little cooler. Then I get told no. That’s the World Series. UMMMM – this is next year, not this one. The Cubs were still winning at this point so that’s what I thought he was talking about. So we go back and forth on this and then Cubs get knocked right out. Now it’s definite, no going during the World Series next year. I try to point out maybe it would be good luck if we were not in Chicago and they were in the series (very superstitious when it comes to sports) and that they would win if we were far far away. Nope, not flying, so the trip will be sometime in September. But at least now we have our cast of characters set for this trip:

Me – 38, Disney obsessed and crazy planner. DH has described me as having as much fun planning the trips as I do when we actually go on the trip. All my planning buddies understand that – I do love planning, but I love being there even more. Very excited that we now have a second “home” at Disney . Had always talked about it, but never though we would.

DH – 40, an angel at times for putting up with me and my obsession. He does a lot of the “yes, whatever you say” when I start on my Disney tangents. I think he’s probably thinking about sports when I talk about Disney and just says things to placate me. Perhaps DH could also now be described as having thrown in the towel by letting us buy DVC and realizing I could simply vacation there and be happy and we probably will spend most vacations there. He’s still holding onto the hope that we will use our points elsewhere. Did I mention he can also be a dreamer

DFIL & DMIL – DH’s parents are going with us this trip. DH actually places part of the blame for my obsession on them as they took me on my very first trip back in 1995. I think we were only there for four or five days, but that was all I needed. I had always said I loved it, but once we were there, I was completely hooked. DIL’s love Disney as well and try and visit for short trips at least a couple of times a year – they are just not obsessed like me. DFIL is also the original itinerary maker, so I claim to have learned from him. He and DH claim I have taken it to a whole new level..that the only thing missing are bathroom breaks. Not so – they can have one or two a day

I finally found more updated photos - where everyone looks good and not just me So here's the cast of characters for this trip:

DFIL:

DMIL:

Side note: DIL's were at Disney last year for a few days and everyday DMIL would send new photos!

And us:

So that’s it -the troops are set, now we just need to finalize the days.
Mickey's Hand is Back in my Pocket - A Trippie for Sept/Oct 08 and 1st Trip Home to AKV
Trip of New Phases, Friends & 40 - Sept 09 - CR/AKV
*A Giraffe Meets the Beach - Oct '10 BCV/AKV* *Oct '11 AKV/Poly *1st Birthday Trip and Disney Dream Cruise - Dec '11 AKV* *Oct '12 - 18 days! AKVJ, BWV, AKVK*
*Nov 2013 AKVJ* *Extra May 2014 Trip SSR*

Last edited by TyRy; 02-18-2008 at 07:29 AM. Reason: New Photos
Old 02-15-2008, 10:59 AM   #19
TyRy
It is making me nutty

January 24th 245 days to go...

Plans are still rolling along when I get an unexpected call from a friend on the boards…Tiggerbell asks how would I like to spend almost two weeks in Disney with her, RhondaLee ( Hi Rhonda) and their friend. Well that’s a no brainer…OF COURSE I WOULD. I can't believe Tiggerbell called to ask Hey - I could be like Nebo – going for almost two weeks, come back for two weeks and then go on my already planned trip. So I call DH and he really doesn’t care if I go without him (yeah!) so I have the green light.

UNTIL I actually start really thinking about it and talking about it with him at home that night. He reminds me that we are going to Vegas for a week in June (I’ve never been) to see my niece graduate from high school. My niece knows my fear of flying and still made me swear up and down that I would be there. Since she and her brother mean so very much to me, I made the promise. BUT – that cuts into finances this year. Which means, if I’m smart and logical, I’ll have to skip the “extra” trip and just be happy with my week I’m not going to be happy as this is probably a once in a lifetime opportunity, but I won’t have to take the second mortgage out either to pay for all my fun this year. I’ll still think about it though over the weekend......

SCROLL DOWN...

January 29th 240 days to go
Made the call – not going on the extra trip. Decided to be a wee bit fiscally responsible…DH also feels bad now, so maybe we can stay in a little nicer hotel in Vegas DH also has not argued yet with my tinkering of our upcoming trip. Since he already has the Monday after our trip off, I decided that we should stay an extra night at AKV. And if he can get two more days through swapping work schedules and maybe some comp time (boy – I wish my company had comp time!) then we could conceivably be at Disney from late on Friday to a week from that following Monday. And if we fly (UGH!!!!) then we would have even more time…which will of course be his argument…as we would get there early on a Friday and technically wouldn’t have to leave until the following Tuesday giving me almost 11 days!!!! Hmmmm flying might almost be worth it this time around. - even as I type that my heart is beating somewhat faster. I’m thinking if I make it through a Vegas flight I might be able to do the Orlando flight and have more time with my main Mouse.

We are also now debating the dining plan. If my spreadsheets are correct – we’ll actually come out ahead using the DDE card. We tend to eat appetizers and skip desserts, so the new plan doesn’t really pan out for us. I’ll miss the convenience of it, especially since it won’t be just me and DH (no worrying about to split the bill) BUT some wise person on the Disboards reminded me that we could just pay with our room key and then DIL’s could give their credit card to the front desk at the end of the trip when we settle up on the bill and just pay for their meals that way. So that means they will get our DDE discount and we do not have to keep carrying a lot of cash with us. But hey – I’m open to arguments both for and against the plan. So let's have them...

Ty
Mickey's Hand is Back in my Pocket - A Trippie for Sept/Oct 08 and 1st Trip Home to AKV
*A Giraffe Meets the Beach - Oct '10 BCV/AKV* *Oct '11 AKV/Poly *1st Birthday Trip and Disney Dream Cruise - Dec '11 AKV* *Oct '12 - 18 days! AKVJ, BWV, AKVK*
Old 02-15-2008, 12:27 PM   #20
2ScottishPrincesses
DIS Veteran

It really sucks being sensible doesn't it...that's why I try to do it as little as possible
Old 02-18-2008, 07:01 AM   #21
TyRy
It is making me nutty

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ScottishPrincesses View Post
It really sucks being sensible doesn't it...that's why I try to do it as little as possible
I know - I usually do too - just ask DH That's why I'm still trying to figure out where this sensible Ty came from!
Old 02-18-2008, 07:06 AM   #22
TyRy
It is making me nutty

I realized I skipped a big part of the planning on this pre-trippie....we went from trying to finalize days to January all the sudden. So now you are hopping into my time machine and going back in time....please fasten your seat belts and keep all arms and legs in the car at all times!

Beginning of October 2007
The dates are finally decided (somewhat!) We will check in on 9/27 or 9/28 and leave 10/5/08. This is late enough that we can catch part of the F&WF and that in my master plan, we can buy AP’s and use them for my (GULP!) 40th birthday trip the following year. So dates are decided and now the OC Planner in me comes out. Normally as soon as I had dates I would make a ressie. Not so with DVC…you can only make them 11 months out – that was killing me. So now the waiting game began for my “11 month window” so I could call.

October 28th – November 5th (11 months to go!!!)
We decided to check in on 9/28, so that meant my 11 month window opened today to call. Most people on the boards said at that time of year I could probably make all my ressies on my checkout day (making the whole week at once) but since we invited DIL’s I wanted to make sure we got the type/view I wanted. So I call – wow no problems at all. Ressie is made for the first night and I just need to call back everyday to keep adding a day on. Tuesday is also easy.

Wednesday – Houston we have a problem. I was told on my first call that we could not make a ressie for 9/30 on 10/31. First CM thought it was a glitch as it was 11 months from checkout. So I take the Disboards advice and call back again so I can get a different CM who knows how to fix it, doesn’t work..uh-oh – third call and no luck. Posts to the Disboards about it and no one was really sure. Called again and still nope. I finally got a Dis member who pointed out that I needed to wait until 11/1 to call as my checkout at that point would have been 10/1 not 9/31 as that does not exist. Boy- this is confusing.

Thursday rolls around and bingo – no problem, I can make the ressie now. We figured out that happens four or five times a year and that’s why the CM’s didn’t remember it. The rest of the reservations end up going very smoothly and we now have a reservation for a week at AKV next Sept/Oct. Now to try and convince DH to drive….

NOW we can get back to our regularly scheduled program...coming up the first of what will probably be many itineraries
Old 02-18-2008, 08:49 AM   #23
stagemomx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 312.Duck View Post
Here are our trip binders in reverse chronological order: [/SIZE][/FONT]
Love this picture!
Old 02-20-2008, 07:01 AM   #24
TyRy
It is making me nutty

Quote:
Originally Posted by stagemomx3 View Post
Love this picture!
DH had a good time with that one! I'm still trying to figure out how to keep my promise that I'm not supposed to have a binder this time around
Old 02-20-2008, 08:10 AM   #25
stagemomx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
DH had a good time with that one! I'm still trying to figure out how to keep my promise that I'm not supposed to have a binder this time around
WHAT!

How will you do that?
Old 02-22-2008, 03:02 PM   #26
TyRy
It is making me nutty

Quote:
Originally Posted by stagemomx3 View Post
WHAT!

How will you do that?
I'm thinking lots of index cards with info shrunk down really really tiny Otherwise I'm still at a total loss! OH and DH is telling me to clean up my desk at home...but its a bunch of Disney confirmations and with no binder they have no where to live...oh well - guess the desk has to stay a mess - unless he lets me have a binder again
Old 02-22-2008, 06:31 PM   #27
stagemomx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
guess the desk has to stay a mess - unless he lets me have a binder again
Hope he caves and lets you have one soon!
Old 03-09-2008, 12:03 PM   #28
TyRy
It is making me nutty

Sorry about the slowness all - I keep catching the flu bug/cold thing with a new strain every week...let's hope it clears up by September!

Oh and stagemomx3 - no binder yet...so I still have papers all over my desk waiting till he gives in

I figured it was about time to post my first itinerary. Yes - we know it will probably be tinkered with, especially if I can add a couple of days to get over my sadness of not going with tiggerbell and rhondalee.

Couple of points - we won't be making any rope drops...ok, we never have. But I told DH he could sleep a little this trip, meaning we won't get to the parks until 10ish

Let me know what you all think...

Saturday Sep 27th
Arrive WDW
Check into ASM
Outlet Mall shopping
Get AP's activated and DDE Card
O'Hana Dinner

Sunday September 28th
Check into AKV
Bears Game
MNSSHP ?
Liberty Tree Tavern Dinner - Never been here and DH has requested it

Monday,September 29th
Epcot
Lunch - Food and Wine Snacks OR Chef's De France for Soup
SIDENOTE - Chef's had the best French Onion we could find and we LOVE French Onion soup even if it is a hundred degrees out
LeCellier Dinner w/DIL's (they've never been)

Tuesday, September 30thh (EMH)
Boma B'Fast w/DIL's (again they've never been)
MK
Wishes
Room Service Dinner???

Wednesday, October 1st
Disney Studios
Brown Derby Fantasmic Pkg? w/DIL's
Fantasmic

Thursday, October 2nd
Animal Kingdom
Boats
California Grill for Wishes w/DIL's

Friday, October 3rd
Breakfast at Trails End at FW w/DIL's (they've never been)
Water Mice if Cart not available till 1pm
Golf Cart Rental Day
Raglan Road Dinner - none of us have been

Saturday, October 4th
Epcot & MK

Sunday, October 5th
Leave

So I still need somewhere for Saturday. And of course if I can talk DH into it maybe Friday and Sunday as well

I'm a steak and potatoes girl and DH eats anything, so throw your suggestions my way.
Old 03-09-2008, 05:37 PM   #29
tiggerbell
DIS Veteran

Big River Grill at the Boardwalk

Yachtsmans

LeCellier - there's no law that you can't go twice in 1 trip
Old 03-13-2008, 10:46 AM   #30
TyRy
It is making me nutty

Quote:
Big River Grill at the Boardwalk

Yachtsmans

LeCellier - there's no law that you can't go twice in 1 trip
So True! We tried Big River a couple of trips ago and we were just not impressed with it. So I think that is still on the out list. I'm thinking we might try Boatwright's this time...Nebo said the prime rib was good there.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: