Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2008, 04:11 PM   #16
triplefigs
Triple Chick
Triple the Kids
Triple the FUN!
Bama Alumni

12TH FLOOR LOUNGE

Last edited by triplefigs; 02-05-2008 at 04:25 PM.
Old 02-05-2008, 04:12 PM   #17
triplefigs
Triple Chick
Triple the Kids
Triple the FUN!
Bama Alumni

14TH FLOOR INFORMATION

FLOOR PLAN from minnie61650

LOUNGE from Gardenia

STANDARD 14TH FLOOR ROOM DESCRIPTION~ FROM Piglet72

Just got back from 6 nights on the 14th floor - standard room (4913). It has a bathtub, with a shower head on the wall for either/or. No built in cabinent, plasma TV sits on the dresser/drawer unit. I don't have a floorplan, but it's pretty basic - entryway w/double closet, doorway to bathroom (separate vanities and toilet) two queens on the side, desk w/computer on the other. Little bigger room than the usual size - nice balcony. AWESOME view. View is what the price is for. Nice concierge lounge (little small, but there is hardly anybody on the floor - only 14 rooms). We saw two other people the entire stay - we had the lounge/staff to ourselves.

There are two sinks - one is in the "main" bathroom with the tub/shower, and the other is in the separate "toilet room". Both are full size deep sinks. Bathroom is nicely sized-spaced out. Kimberle is correct - birds (especially seagulls) do visit these balconies - a word of advice - do NOT take food onto the balconies when there are birds visiting - they are conditioned for that - they will NOT leave and obviously, the longer they stay, better chance to leave you a little present.

We had a very nice stay - make sure you request a MK view when you book, then follow up with the concierge a few days prior to arrival, and reiterate when you arrive - I think you'll get what you want. The concierge staff was very good - they frequently left little presents for our 3 year old (balloons, candy, even a "autographed" picture from Mickey personalized for our son. They were very professional and very attentive.

From CR FAN
Actually there are 4 standard rooms with the Magic Kingdom view. Those rooms 4911, 4912, 4913 and 4915 and the only standard room on the Bay Lake side room room #4905. I am sure you know the only way you can try to get a Magic Kingdom view is by requesting it, since you can not make a specific reservation for it the way you can with a regular Magic Kingdom view on the other floors in the Tower, or with any of the suites on the 14th floor. I will say with the 4 Magic Kingdom views in the standard rooms you have a better chance of getting that view, however there is always the chance you might not end up with it.

HA ROOM WITH ROLL IN SHOWER from lvloopingbag

4915 does not have a tub. It has a roll-in shower as it is a handicap-accessible room

From D&R love Disney

We've been in 4911 and 4912. 4911 only has a shower stall, it also has a bidet. 4912 has both a shower stall and a tub/shower.

The balcony and view are amazing. We've never found the concierge lounge crowded and the concierge staff is the best we've experienced!

Last edited by triplefigs; 02-27-2008 at 02:59 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-05-2008, 04:30 PM   #18
triplefigs
Triple Chick
Triple the Kids
Triple the FUN!
Bama Alumni

WATCHING FIREWORKS FROM MK VIEW ROOM

ELECTRICAL WATER PAGEANT FROM DOCK

Last edited by triplefigs; 02-05-2008 at 04:43 PM.
Old 02-05-2008, 05:12 PM   #19
skifast22
DIS Veteran

Excellent start to the new thread. I love having all the pics on the first couple pages along with the updated resort info. Thanks for setting it up triplefigs!
Old 02-05-2008, 05:25 PM   #20
Iceguy
Mouseketeer

SUbscribing....a great thread!
The newest one - CR - Oct '08
Off Site - too many!

Old 02-05-2008, 05:45 PM   #21
ssourbeck
Earning My Ears

Smile Wow! Great info!

Wow, What great info! I just caught the tail end of the old board and am glad to be part of the new one! We are staying at the contemporary (for the first time), in a Garden Wing Deluxe room in August. We are very excited and love reading what others have to say about it! Thanks!
Old 02-05-2008, 06:11 PM   #22
musicmom3
DIS Veteran

We have booked a tower room for September and I have a quick question: is that in-room concierge computer able to access non-Disney internet sites, or must one lug one's laptop from home? If the latter, is there wireless connectivity in the room or do we need a cord? Thanks for any info!
Feb. '03, WL, with HS marching Band
Jul. '03, BC, family vacation
Dec. '03, ASMo/CR Garden Wing, Pop Warner NATIONAL Cheer Championships sixth in the nation!
Dec. '04, ASMu, Pop Warner NATIONAL Cheer Championships fourth in the nation!
Feb '05, AKL, with HS marching band
April '05, WL, adults only, engaged at V&A!
Feb. '07, CSR, Honeymoon Trip!
Sept. '08, CR, MK view at last!
Old 02-05-2008, 06:34 PM   #23
triplefigs
Triple Chick
Triple the Kids
Triple the FUN!
Bama Alumni

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicmom3 View Post
We have booked a tower room for September and I have a quick question: is that in-room concierge computer able to access non-Disney internet sites, or must one lug one's laptop from home? If the latter, is there wireless connectivity in the room or do we need a cord? Thanks for any info!
Yes, it will access more sites, but it is filtered so not ALL sites will work. Wireless is $9.95 per day. When we went, we took DH's laptop and used an Ethernet cable to plug into the outlet in the wall. High Speed connection for FREE with no filtering! There is also a USB port on the side of the computer in the room to plug in cameras, etc.
Old 02-05-2008, 07:02 PM   #24
triplefigs
Triple Chick
Triple the Kids
Triple the FUN!
Bama Alumni

TEMPO GRAB AND GO

The TGG has a limited menu for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The TGG does have refillable mugs, soda dispenser, and coffee.

All pictures courtesy of nbodyhome (Denise) from Mousesteps.

Last edited by triplefigs; 03-05-2008 at 03:13 PM.
Old 02-05-2008, 07:08 PM   #25
SeaSpray

Frankly Scallop, I don't give a clam!
Loud people give me Skull Pain!
Call me "impatient"

Great job on the new thread!

Some day I'll stay in the Contemporary tower to fulfull a childhood dream! On my first visits to WDW back in the 1970's, I used to think how lucky the people were who got to stay INSIDE the Contemporary!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~ Polynesian LVC July '10 ~ Polynesian LVC May '08 ~ RCI's 'Explorer of the Seas' Oct '07 ~ Polynesian LVC July '07 ~ Port Orleans Riverside May '07 ~ Disney Magic "Cruising Castaways" Cruise & Polynesian LVC Aug '06 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge May '06 ~ Polynesian LVC Oct '05 ~ Wilderness Lodge CL & Polynesian LVC July '05 ~ Disney Magic 10-night "Lost at Sea" Hurricane Cruise Aug/Sept '04 ~ RCI Bermuda Cruise '03 ~ Caribbean Beach '02 ~ Grand Floridian LV '01 ~ Caribbean Beach '01 ~ DisneyLand '95 ~ WDW '85,'78,'76 ~
[/center]
Old 02-05-2008, 07:16 PM   #26
triplefigs
Triple Chick
Triple the Kids
Triple the FUN!
Bama Alumni

(from skifast22) Someone asked for pics of the usb drives on the in room computers. Here's two pics, the white cable is our I-pod, the black cable is the keyboard. We only used the usb port to charge our I-pod. I'm not sure if you'd be able to upload pics to the internet or not using it.

Old 02-05-2008, 09:17 PM   #27
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssourbeck View Post
Wow, What great info! I just caught the tail end of the old board and am glad to be part of the new one! We are staying at the contemporary (for the first time), in a Garden Wing Deluxe room in August. We are very excited and love reading what others have to say about it! Thanks!
The last time I stayed at the Contemporary two sites that I can say were filtered is YouTube and Wikipedia.
Old 02-06-2008, 11:42 AM   #28
AlicynWonderland
Earning My Ears

Thank you for a great thread refurbishment! I think the new decor at CR looks fabulous! I was initially disappointed when my discount code only allowed the South Garden Wing, but after seeing those pictures I'm excited again. Would it be smart to request a room as close as possible to the tower so we can feel like we're part of the action and if so, would the first floor be more convenient for walking with my two toddlers?
Old 02-06-2008, 05:58 PM   #29
Little Bit
Mouseketeer

I'm thinking about staying at the CR for our next trip so this thread is really helpful! It looks great

Elizabeth
1996 POFQ, 1997 POFQ, 1998 POFQ, 2002 POFQ, 2003 Poly, 2004 Poly, 2006 POFQ, Mar 2007 POFQ
June 2007 POFQ, June 2009 Poly, Oct 2010 POFQ, June 2012 WL
Old 02-06-2008, 06:44 PM   #30
triplefigs
Triple Chick
Triple the Kids
Triple the FUN!
Bama Alumni

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlicynWonderland View Post
Thank you for a great thread refurbishment! I think the new decor at CR looks fabulous! I was initially disappointed when my discount code only allowed the South Garden Wing, but after seeing those pictures I'm excited again. Would it be smart to request a room as close as possible to the tower so we can feel like we're part of the action and if so, would the first floor be more convenient for walking with my two toddlers?
It can't hurt! I've read the patios are great for small children, but they also can have a lot of visitors, like ducks and birds, who can be messy at times.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: